PDA

View Full Version : Who else can't wait for Serena vs. Christine?

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
This is going to be so awesome when they finally meet. :lick:

alextreiber04
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
:lick: :banana:

GEAUX SERENA!

Stefwhit
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:37 PM
two words:

BRING IT!!!!!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
:lick: :banana:

GEAUX SERENA!
Allez!

I hope Serena re-instates her dominance. Good luck Krissy :tape: :wavey:.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
who the hell is christine?

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:39 PM
who the hell is christine?
Christine Henin Hardenne... Otherwise known as Justine...

sartrista7
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:39 PM
Serena vs Christine is ON... and Christine can't wait :drool:

Allez Christine!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
There is nothing to wait for. Justine's gonna kill her...
No way.

Astro Jetson
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I first want to see Justine vs. Venus. Beating Serena is nothing new anymore. Been there, done that! :tape:

- L i n a -
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Allez C'mon Christine!

harloo
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Get her Serena!! I can't wait.:D

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Serena doesn't have a chance beating the undisputed #1, 3xslam holder, especially on clay. :eek:

i'd be surprise if Serena gets a set :)

:tape:

Raj
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
If they play on Clay, Justine is more likely to win and if they play on hardcourts Serena will win, her serve is too good.

Justine has an excellent record against Serena on CLAY COURTS but i dont think shes ever beaten her on hardcourts and dont think she will unless serena has a bad day.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Serena doesn't have a chance beating the undisputed #1, 3xslam holder, especially on clay. :eek:

i'd be surprise if Serena gets a set :)

:tape:
I think you're being ridiculous. She certainly can take a set, and can win as well. Once they get off the clay, it's going to be all Serena, I think.

Couver
I wish people would stop mixing Justine and Christine up! Christine is her own person and a US Open champion, which Justine is not!

SJW
Justine has an excellent record against Serena on CLAY COURTS but i dont think shes ever beaten her on hardcourts and dont think she will unless serena has a bad day.
hasn't beaten the new world #7 on anything but the slow stuff

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
I think you're being ridiculous. She certainly can take a set, and can win as well. Once they get off the clay, it's going to be all Serena, I think.
ok ok ok

Serena is allowed to take one set off of christine

better?

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:53 PM
ok ok ok

Serena is allowed to take one set off of christine

better?
lol, much :) ;)

WhatTheDeuce
I wish people would stop mixing Justine and Christine up! Christine is her own person and a US Open champion, which Justine is not!
:haha:

SJW
lol, much :) ;)
get down and dirrty in the dirt Ms Williams :drool:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Allez C'mon Christine!
Geaux.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM

Like the last time they met up huhh??? Man please...

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Yep....should be fun the next few months. Serena´s BACK and she showed!!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Yep....should be fun the next few months. Serena´s BACK and she showed!!
Yeah but, I'm curious to see how she plays against the likes of Christine, Kim, etc. I beleive in Serena. Should be fun.

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
I've been ready for quite some time. I'm excited about Serena/Jen too - some of my favorite matches have been watching these two.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah but, I'm curious to see how she plays against the likes of Christine, Kim, etc. I beleive in Serena. Should be fun.

Yep....I think looks forward to that too.

Havok
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:43 PM
Allez Come On! Serena must re-establish herself as the true dominant one, when everyone is around. shouldn't take her long:drive:

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
This remark is based on what? Serena did better against Elena today than Justine ever did. In 03 Justine Justine won only 1 straight set match against Elena. This should tell us that Serena is in very good form.

CJ07
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:51 PM
I think she was being facecious, and even if not, Serena will rise to the occassion.

and actually i'd rather see Venus vs. Justine

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:52 PM
This remark is based on what? Serena did better against Elena today than Justine ever did. In 03 Justine Justine won only 1 straight set match against Elena. This should tell us that Serena is in very good form.

Thank you very much.

Lindsayfan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:19 PM
why u call justine christine?

vogus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
monicAnna: why do you hate Justine so much? Because she can play tennis? You hate girls who can actually play tennis don't you... and even if she were still playing, your girl Anna K wouldn't be any longer in the Top 20 best looking girls on the tour. :p

MarySeles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Why does everyone call Justine Christine? Not an angry question, I really don't know the reason ;)

!<blocparty>!
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:49 PM
come on!!!!! How the hell is justine gonna beat serena in 2. mayb on clay, but thats a big mayb. Remember what happened at wimbledon last year??? Justine got absolutely BLOWN away. serena is the undisputed number one female tennis player, possibly of all time. Im NOT a serena fan, but thats just what i think. once we get off the slow stuff, justine is HISTORY.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
monicAnna: why do you hate Justine so much? Because she can play tennis? You hate girls who can actually play tennis don't you... and even if she were still playing, your girl Anna K wouldn't be any longer in the Top 20 best looking girls on the tour. :p
????? I never said I hated Christine, and nothing I did would suggest that. I don't know where you get that crap from.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:04 PM
Why does everyone call Justine Christine? Not an angry question, I really don't know the reason ;)
When they announced her name as the U.S. Open Champion, they called her Christine.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:20 PM
bumpo

shap_half
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM
no it doesn't. i'm sure serena is in great form but not because she beat elena in straight sets - one and one. Elena has always been trouble for Justine. That's just the way that goes.

OUT!
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM
monicAnna: why do you hate Justine so much? Because she can play tennis? You hate girls who can actually play tennis don't you... and even if she were still playing, your girl Anna K wouldn't be any longer in the Top 20 best looking girls on the tour. :pAre you sure this statement is true? monicAnna seems to be praising Serena :tape: In any event, I don't think Serena will win at the FO, because should she meet Justine, she will have a hostile crowd to contend with, and as Richard said last year, that is too much for any player to overcome.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:54 AM
bumpo

Juju #1
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Who can't wait ?

1.Justine fans who watched Serena matches in Miami (that's me)

2.Serena fans who didn't watch Serena in Miami

vogus
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:49 AM
sorry mA, i thought you were hating on Justine by starting this thread... my badd then

alexusjonesfan
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:55 AM
bumpo
Leena has taught you well grasshopper :p

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:58 AM
I like that both camps have so much confidence in their favorite players. One thing "FOR SURE" is that the pressure is alllllll on Justine. She has to prove she's the best because what would it say to have Serena come back after all this time and beat her in their first match, it would be sad statement to the rest of the field. That was kind of how it was when Monica came back and played Steffi in the US Open. All the pressure was on Steffi, she had something to prove, so we shall see if Justine can follow in Steffi's foot prints. I for one can't wait and I will be rooting for Serena on this one.

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:01 AM
HMMMMMMMMMM...Justine would Kill Serena on Clay..I mean Eleni Daniilidou kinda plays similar to Justine and SErena had a hard time gettin to those slices and that mix play Eleni has...but Justine can SERVE a whole lot better and her forehand is her BEst Asset..so I would say ON Clay Justine clearly winnin something like 6-2 6-3

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM
HMMMMMMMMMM...Justine would Kill Serena on Clay..I mean Eleni Daniilidou kinda plays similar to Justine and SErena had a hard time gettin to those slices and that mix play Eleni has...but Justine can SERVE a whole lot better and her forehand is her BEst Asset..so I would say ON Clay Justine clearly winnin something like 6-2 6-3
Like I said, all the pressure is on Justine. Serena has nothing to lose, she is still adjusting to no match play for the last 8 months, while Justine has never played better and is the most confident she's ever been in her career, and let's not forget Justine is the best clay courter in the WORLD. It would be somewhat emabarassing if she didn't win to be honest. So based on all the facts one 'would' expect Justine to thrash Serena, but if she doesn't that's going to really be telling.

silverwhite
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Who can't wait ?

I agree with your point, but you didn't need to phrase it in a way that sounds so arrogant.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Who can't wait ?

Wow, pretty big in the confidence department, huh?!

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Like I said, all the pressure is on Justine. Serena has nothing to lose, she is still adjusting to no match play for the last 8 months, while Justine has never played better and is the most confident she's ever been in her career, and let's not forget Justine is the best clay courter in the WORLD. It would be somewhat emabarassing if she didn't win to be honest. So based on all the facts one 'would' expect Justine to thrash Serena, but if she doesn't that's going to really be telling.

Exactly....this IS the time for her to get to Serena, really. We all know that Serena isn´t at her best yet and everybody is already saying that Justine is the new queen right now. But if Serena makes some of their early matches close....

Filip!
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Thank you very much.

Uhm, nothing to say about Serena's tennis, but we also have to be honest, Elena played like CRAP !

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Whatever... there is no pressure oN Justine..she actually loves Pressure Championship Matches..she's proved it after the French Open last year...she strives to be the BESt! and I know Serena is comin back after 8 months but I'm sayin...Justine would clearly beat her on clay.. 6-2 6-3..Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Uhm, nothing to say about Serena's tennis, but we also have to be honest, Elena played like CRAP !
The thing about it that you're not grasping is that she's been playing like "crap" this whole tournament, but she was still playing players that let her get away with her flaws and Serena used those same flaws to beat her 6-1,6-1. Elena was playing like crap because the person on the other side of the net was taking advantage of her weaknesses unlike all the other players Elena faced.

gentenaire
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I like that both camps have so much confidence in their favorite players. One thing "FOR SURE" is that the pressure is alllllll on Justine. She has to prove she's the best because what would it say to have Serena come back after all this time and beat her in their first match, it would be sad statement to the rest of the field. That was kind of how it was when Monica came back and played Steffi in the US Open. All the pressure was on Steffi, she had something to prove, so we shall see if Justine can follow in Steffi's foot prints. I for one can't wait and I will be rooting for Serena on this one.

So you're hoping the rest of the field is made to look ridiculous? Some tennis fan you are.

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Whatever... there is no pressure oN Justine..she actually loves Pressure Championship Matches..she's proved it after the French Open last year...she strives to be the BESt! and I know Serena is comin back after 8 months but I'm sayin...Justine would clearly beat her on clay.. 6-2 6-3..Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
There is "no" pressure on her, yet she loves pressure and it's good for her :confused: make up your mind! Go ahead and delude yourself into thinking that. When they do finally play Justine WILL be under a hell of a lot of pressure to back up her dominance in Serena's absence- That's just flat out the way it is, so don't cry about it. What evidence to you have to suggest that Serena cant hang with Justine on clay, it's not like Justine has been wipping the court with Serena on the clay. Justine better "GET IT TOGETHER" because she's going to be looking mighty stupid if she gets beat by a weak, non-playing, out of shape, player whose not even ranked in the top 5. Best of luck :kiss:

Filip!
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:36 AM
The thing about it that you're not grasping is that she's been playing like "crap" this whole tournament, but she was still playing players that let her get away with her flaws and Serena used those same flaws to beat her 6-1,6-1. Elena was playing like crap because the person on the other side of the net was taking advantage of her weaknesses unlike all the other players Elena faced.

Off course Serena was better, the scoreline is very clear. But what about Elena's service-games?? She was giving it away, Serena or no Serena!

I don't want to take credit away from Serena, because it's great to see her winning her first tournament, but just don't say that Elena was playing like a top 10-player against a Williams-sister. She was playing like somebody outside of the top 50.

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Excuse Me..U said In u're 1st Statement..Quote " Like I said, all the pressure is ON Justine"...if U wanna Categorized pressure ..shes actually loves playin in these so-called "Pressure Matches" like U are claimin..NOw Get it together! Thank U Very Much! LOL

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:40 AM
So you're hoping the rest of the field is made to look ridiculous? Some tennis fan you are.
Good question! I guess I should have clarified my original statement and applied it ONLY to those who feel that Justine has truly surpassed the current level of Serena, and to all those who believe that a player CAN'T possibly take a long break from the tour and come right back and be successful, especially with todays increased level of play and depth. Only people who fall into those categories should feel ridiculous.

If on the otherhand Justine wins there's no shame to Serena becaue she's just coming back after a long break, not yet in match tough shape, and she's not playing on her favoirte surface. It's because of those things I think there's more pressure on Justine than on Serena.

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM
by the way.. Justine beat SErena twice last Year on Clay..thats My Evidence ..she actually holds a 3-1 lead over Serena On clay....NOw U get U're Facts Together!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told U!!!!!!!!! do U even Remember the last time Serena Beat Justine ON Clay???????????????? Try to Find Out if don't KNow! LOL@U

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Off course Serena was better, the scoreline is very clear. But what about Elena's service-games?? She was giving it away, Serena or no Serena!

I don't want to take credit away from Serena, because it's great to see her winning her first tournament, but just don't say that Elena was playing like a top 10-player against a Williams-sister. She was playing like somebody outside of the top 50.

No,no....Serena MADE her look like a player outside the top 50. Elena D was beating everybody with those same stats she had today, but Serena just didn´t let her get away with it. Simple...

Those stats Elena D had today: 9 df´s, 24 ufe´s...those were her regular stats. Only difference is that Serena wasn´t letting her get away with that pathetic second-serve.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM
by the way.. Justine beat SErena twice last Year on Clay..thats My Evidence ..she actually holds a 3-1 lead over Serena On clay....NOw U get U're Facts Together!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told U!!!!!!!!! do U even Remember the last time Serena Beat Justine ON Clay???????????????? Try to Find Out if don't KNow! LOL@U

But it ain´t like she is WIPING the floor with Serena either....7-5 in the third-set tiebreaker, 7-5 in the third after we all know what happened....so yeah, she´s winning, but she is BARELY winning.

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM

All I'm saying is that SHE'S BEEN PLAYING THE SAME WAY THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT! She showed up with the same game and left with a very different result, that's all I'm saying so obviously Serena should take some credit for the win. My point is that if she's playing really bad but getting a win, when she plays the same and losses it probably has more to do with the change of player she's up against.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:51 AM
All I'm saying is that SHE'S BEEN PLAYING THE SAME WAY THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT! She showed up with the same game and left with a very different result, that's all I'm saying so obviously Serena should take some credit for the win. My point is that if she's playing really bad but getting a win, when she plays the same and losses it probably has more to do with the change of player she's up against.

Man, you´re good!

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
anyways..that 7-5 3rd SEt Tiebreaker was not the Score in the Final SEt of the French Open 2003...it was 7-5..they don't play tie breakers at the Australian, French & Wimbledon.it only applies to the US Open..I know exactly what happen at the French Open..but Justine won 5 of the last 6 games of that match..she can play in pressure matches especially ON Clay..don't Forget earlier Justine beat SErena at the Family Circle Cup 6-3 6-4 last year in case U forgot

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
anyways..that 7-5 3rd SEt Tiebreaker was not the Score in the Final SEt of the French Open 2003...it was 7-5..they don't play tie breakers at the Australian, French & Wimbledon.it only applies to the US Open..I know exactly what happen at the French Open..but Justine won 5 of the last 6 games of that match..she can play in pressure matches especially ON Clay..don't Forget earlier Justine beat SErena at the Family Circle Cup 6-3 6-4 last year in case U forgot

that was the only semi lopsided victory Justine had...and that was green-clay.

Berlin ´02 was 7-5 in the tie-break.
Yeah, Justine won 5 of the last 6 games at RG, huh?! And WHEN did she start winning those games, exactly?!

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:12 PM
didn't U watch the Match????????? of course Justine won 5 of the last 6 games Played against SErena at the F02003 Semis..Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
didn't U watch the Match????????? of course Justine won 5 of the last 6 games Played against SErena at the F02003 Semis..Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna play the dummy here,no?! To me the only reason Justine won RG was because she used bad sportsmanship AND the crowd turned on Serena for a couple of minutes and Serena got rattled.

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Like I know that happened..Excuse ME! but I love My girl SERena! I wish those Rude ASS FRench People behave themselves this Year so My girl can improve on her Semi appearance there..Go SERENA!!!!!!!!!! WE Love U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filip!
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:49 PM
You wanna play the dummy here,no?! To me the only reason Justine won RG was because she used bad sportsmanship AND the crowd turned on Serena for a couple of minutes and Serena got rattled.

POOR, VERY POOR !!

Why did Justine win the semifinal US Open ???

Because the crowd turned against Justine?

Oh bandabou, I thought you knew more about tennis!

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah....I hope the crowd can behave this year.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:55 PM
POOR, VERY POOR !!

Why did Justine win the semifinal US Open ???

Because the crowd turned against Justine?

Oh bandabou, I thought you knew more about tennis!

Justine took advantage at RG and Jen didn´t do the same at the Open. Simple.

Filip!
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Justine took advantage at RG and Jen didn´t do the same at the Open. Simple.

Not simple at all. The situation is exactly the same, so don't use it as an argument to proove that you're right about that situation, but in the other situation...........

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Not simple at all. The situation is exactly the same, so don't use it as an argument to proove that you're right about that situation, but in the other situation...........

I AM right....how else could you explain Serena going from cruising 4-2 30-0 up to 5-4 down and eventually 7-5 loss?!

turt
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:18 PM
I AM right....how else could you explain Serena going from cruising 4-2 30-0 up to 5-4 down and eventually 7-5 loss?!
... because Justine was the better player that day?

I see no other explanation :confused:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:21 PM
... because Justine was the better player that day?

I see no other explanation :confused:

In the end, she was. But I´m sure Serena will get her revenge for the actions and the words spoken afterwards..both from Justine, her coach and the crowd.

gentenaire
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Good question! I guess I should have clarified my original statement and applied it ONLY to those who feel that Justine has truly surpassed the current level of Serena, and to all those who believe that a player CAN'T possibly take a long break from the tour and come right back and be successful, especially with todays increased level of play and depth. Only people who fall into those categories should feel ridiculous.

If on the otherhand Justine wins there's no shame to Serena becaue she's just coming back after a long break, not yet in match tough shape, and she's not playing on her favoirte surface. It's because of those things I think there's more pressure on Justine than on Serena.

The pressure will definitely be on Justine, no doubt about that. I do believe players can come back strong after an injury if they waited long enough, let the injury heal properly. It seems Serena did just that, she took her time to come back and may have taken the right decision. I think quite a few people here presumed Serena would have some problems because her sister is clearly having problems, is far from her usual level.
In the next Justine-Serena match-up, Serena's got nothing to lose. If she loses, she can blame it on the injury. It's a match Justine HAS to win. And it's a shame that if Justine manages to win, it'll be hard to determine if it's Justine who's gotten better or if Serena is still bothered by the injury. When Justine was playing so amazingly good last summer, people were wondering how this Justine would fare against Serena. Let's hope Serena is fully fit, that she proves this in the next few tournaments and then, hopefully, the match between Justine and Serena is a very tight, close match. If it's a truly exciting match, I don't think the rest of the field will be made to look ridiculous, even if Justine loses.
For the WTAtour, for women's tennis in general, it's extremely important that this match is a close match.

fifiricci
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I agree with your point, but you didn't need to phrase it in a way that sounds so arrogant.
Quite and they act like this because they are secretly shitting themselves at the prospect of what is to come. They have decided that Justine is unbeatable on clay, they've put her on a huge pedestal already and now the only way is down .............. their arrogant attitude (that they cannot see or wont admit to) makes them haters of any other top player.

Ryan
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM

wtf! Are you on crack? Elena played amazing all event except for her serve, which I'm assuming is the only part you can comment on. :rolleyes: She played like crap in the final, and Serena played great.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
The pressure will definitely be on Justine, no doubt about that. I do believe players can come back strong after an injury if they waited long enough, let the injury heal properly. It seems Serena did just that, she took her time to come back and may have taken the right decision. I think quite a few people here presumed Serena would have some problems because her sister is clearly having problems, is far from her usual level.
In the next Justine-Serena match-up, Serena's got nothing to lose. If she loses, she can blame it on the injury. It's a match Justine HAS to win. And it's a shame that if Justine manages to win, it'll be hard to determine if it's Justine who's gotten better or if Serena is still bothered by the injury. When Justine was playing so amazingly good last summer, people were wondering how this Justine would fare against Serena. Let's hope Serena is fully fit, that she proves this in the next few tournaments and then, hopefully, the match between Justine and Serena is a very tight, close match. If it's a truly exciting match, I don't think the rest of the field will be made to look ridiculous, even if Justine loses.
For the WTAtour, for women's tennis in general, it's extremely important that this match is a close match.

Serena WILL make it close.....because she is Serena.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:53 PM
wtf! Are you on crack? Elena played amazing all event except for her serve, which I'm assuming is the only part you can comment on. :rolleyes: She played like crap in the final, and Serena played great.

Tja....and ONE thing that shouldn´t be bad against Serena is exactly that: your serve.

ans
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Wow, pretty big in the confidence department, huh?!
Says Bandabou.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Says Bandabou.

Got the results against EVERYBODY on EVERY surface to back it up. Thank you very much!

ans
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Got the results against EVERYBODY on EVERY surface to back it up. Thank you very much!
Your fave was out for 8!!! months. It's not because she has won one tournament now (which I respect fully) that she's completely back to her old level.

Justine has won almost everything there is to win in the last half year.

gentenaire
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Serena WILL make it close.....because she is Serena.

It's not Serena I'm worried about, it's Justine.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:59 PM
It's not Serena I'm worried about, it's Justine.

You´re worried about Justine playing Serena and not making it close?! What´s she been doing the whole time then?! Word on the streets is that she´s become so good that now it doesn´t matter if it is hardcourts, clay or grass...she´s gonna wipe the floor with Serena. No need to worrie imo.

TeeRexx
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Christine? Justine? Oh, you mean Justlyin, the player that got her azz waxed by SERENA at Wimbey in 2003. Yeah, I can't wait to see the princess player her as well. LOL

tenn_ace
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Christine? Justine? Oh, you mean Justlyin, the player that got her azz waxed by SERENA at Wimbey in 2003. Yeah, I can't wait to see the princess player her as well. LOL

I really have NOT missed this stupidity... so no welcome back :haha:

shap_half
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:16 PM

I think Serena created A LOT of pressure on herself. She herself has made claims that she still considers herself to be the best player in the world - that she's still #1. Whatever. If she wants to make insultive grandiose statements, fine. But she would need to actually prove that. Her fans claim the same thing.

Second, I feel that everything in AI is fair game now. I don't want to hear people saying that if Justine beats Serena it is because, Serena just left a long injury lay off. That's just another reason Williams fans wants to use to rationalize any of Serena's losses to Justine. To them, there's always a reason. Serena just won a Tier I tournament and she was playing well. So there's really no reason to acknowledge that injury should she lose to anyone. Granted she didn't play anyone ranked above her at Miami, but it's pretty shitty to hear someone say either, "Serena is the BEST because she beat Justine or Lindsay even after an injury lay off" or "It's obvious Serena would lose to Justine, Serena is still not as prepared as she should be."

:rolleyes:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I think Serena created A LOT of pressure on herself. She herself has made claims that she still considers herself to be the best player in the world - that she's still #1. Whatever. If she wants to make insultive grandiose statements, fine. But she would need to actually prove that. Her fans claim the same thing.

Second, I feel that everything in AI is fair game now. I don't want to hear people saying that if Justine beats Serena it is because, Serena just left a long injury lay off. That's just another reason Williams fans wants to use to rationalize any of Serena's losses to Justine. To them, there's always a reason. Serena just won a Tier I tournament and she was playing well. So there's really no reason to acknowledge that injury should she lose to anyone. Granted she didn't play anyone ranked above her at Miami, but it's pretty shitty to hear someone say either, "Serena is the BEST because she beat Justine or Lindsay even after an injury lay off" or "It's obvious Serena would lose to Justine, Serena is still not as prepared as she should be."

:rolleyes:

Wow, Serena said she still is the best?! Can you give me the quote and the link?! she said she doesn´t care who she´s to play, because if she´s healthy she is still a top competitor....

Stefwhit
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM

Great post, I agree with everything you wrote. On the surface it doesn't seem fair that so much pressure is on Justine, but if you think about it that just goes with being looked at as the best- so it's completly understandable. Last year when Serena was clearly the dominate player on the tour the pressure was on her when she met Justine all three times. In each case Justine had nothing to lose, she wasn't the higher ranked player and she wasn't being labled as the best, so without having any pressure on her she could play with something to prove. This time their roles have been reversed and now it's time for Justine to have to solidify her status as the world number one player on her favorite surface. As for Serena the next time they meet it's a win win situation for her. If Justine really is as good as everyone says than she has to be looked at as the favorite right now so if Serena losses it's understandable. However this luxury that Serena has will only last for their first meeting because if Justine does beat her the talk will start to turn to "Justine has Serena's number". So the pressure will then fall on Serena to prove she's a worthy challenge... tennis has suddenly began to get very interesting.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Yep...tennis has become very very very interesting now. should be really fun now that Serena´s back. No disrespect to Kim, but I think as far as rival goes, Serena is a more worthy one to Justine than Kim is.

shap_half
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Wow, Serena said she still is the best?! Can you give me the quote and the link?! she said she doesn´t care who she´s to play, because if she´s healthy she is still a top competitor....

I read somewhere that she said that she still considers herself to be numbe 1 since that's the place she left off.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I read somewhere that she said that she still considers herself to be numbe 1 since that's the place she left off.

Well, in that light....she didn´t exactly LIE either, because she WAS no.1 when she left....but I don´t think she isn´t acknowledging Justine as a serious challenger.

daniela86
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Come on Justine!

shap_half
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I definitely know that Justine is carrying a lot of pressure for the rest of the year because that's like how long she'll be number 1 (hopefully atleast). It's true, she took the number 1 spot after Serena was injured and there's a lot of interesting ways to look at that situation, but the truth stands that Serena was number when she left tennis for 8 months. Justine would need to reestablish not only her ranking but also her mastery and command of the clay. She had one loss last year and she did not at all lose to Serena on clay last year, she really should not have ANY loss this season to ANYONE. But anyway, yes there is pressure on Justine to play like the number 1 player and not lose to anyone especially on her best surface.

But I feel that there's also pressure on Serena. So many people still consider her to be the number 1 player (and I do remember reading that she herself consider herself to be #1). There's the commentators, other players, coaches, and her fans. They are all convinced that Serena would reclaim that ranking when she returns. Now, I think that that's pressure. And after winning Miami so convincingly, I think that there's definitely evidence that Serena is not as rusty as everyone would like to suggest. She still has confindenc and her game is solid. A lot of people objectively suggested that Serena would struggle the way Venus did, but Serena was able to deal with break points and tight matches beautifully and so I think that Serena is doing really well. She might not be 100% but I think she's close.

I am looking forward to seeing great matches in the future. As soon as Kim and Amelie fully get over their injuries and Venus and Jennifer get their confidene back and Lindsay, Serena, and Justine continue their good play. And the Russians really play up to their potential, the Top 10 is going to get really interesting and highly competitive. There's too many people in that group who really aren't making any difference. They beat lower rank players but they don't make much difference in the Top echelon of the sport, I think that as soon as that happens, there's going to be some very interesting match plays and shifts in the rankings.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I definitely know that Justine is carrying a lot of pressure for the rest of the year because that's like how long she'll be number 1 (hopefully atleast). It's true, she took the number 1 spot after Serena was injured and there's a lot of interesting ways to look at that situation, but the truth stands that Serena was number when she left tennis for 8 months. Justine would need to reestablish not only her ranking but also her mastery and command of the clay. She had one loss last year and she did not at all lose to Serena on clay last year, she really should not have ANY loss this season to ANYONE. But anyway, yes there is pressure on Justine to play like the number 1 player and not lose to anyone especially on her best surface.

But I feel that there's also pressure on Serena. So many people still consider her to be the number 1 player (and I do remember reading that she herself consider herself to be #1). There's the commentators, other players, coaches, and her fans. They are all convinced that Serena would reclaim that ranking when she returns. Now, I think that that's pressure. And after winning Miami so convincingly, I think that there's definitely evidence that Serena is not as rusty as everyone would like to suggest. She still has confindenc and her game is solid. A lot of people objectively suggested that Serena would struggle the way Venus did, but Serena was able to deal with break points and tight matches beautifully and so I think that Serena is doing really well. She might not be 100% but I think she's close.

I am looking forward to seeing great matches in the future. As soon as Kim and Amelie fully get over their injuries and Venus and Jennifer get their confidene back and Lindsay, Serena, and Justine continue their good play. And the Russians really play up to their potential, the Top 10 is going to get really interesting and highly competitive. There's too many people in that group who really aren't making any difference. They beat lower rank players but they don't make much difference in the Top echelon of the sport, I think that as soon as that happens, there's going to be some very interesting match plays and shifts in the rankings.

amen to that! :yeah:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:11 PM
but I think you´re making Justine bigger than she really is on clay. She is good on clay, but she isn´t DOMINATING! Many of her matches were come from behinds or she dropped a set or needed some other "tactics" for her to win....so for you to expect her not to lose to anybody, well....

Stefwhit
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:17 PM
shap_half... OK everyone seems to be on the same page now, we're all at least acknowledging that most of the pressure will be on Justine, with regards to their FIRST meeting this year. Whether or not there's pressure on Serena probably has a lot to do with when they play one another. If Serena were to play Justine in the final of AI then there wouldn't be as much presure on her because it's still so early in her comeback. But if Justine were to lose early and Serena took the title then I think it would be generally be accepted that any rust in Serena's game is mostly gone- so if they played anyime after some solid play from Serena, then no one would use her 8 month lay off as an excuse. In either case it ultimately doesn't matter because anytime they play, the only match that will mean anything will be the last match they've played against one another- each time the loser will have something to prove.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Brilliantly said stefwhit.

Mr. Man
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I defintely can't wait for Serena to kick her ass again.

Rub
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:19 PM
i can't wait for justine to show who's the BOSS :dance:

allez! :bounce:

Crazy_Fool
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Cannot wait for this game !! This rilvary could be what makes womens tennis interesting again cos lets face it at the moment it is so :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Cannot wait for this game !! This rilvary could be what makes womens tennis interesting again cos lets face it at the moment it is so :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Are you kidding?! Nothing more exciting that seeing Kim crumble against Justine in every big match!!

Crazy_Fool
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Are you kidding?! Nothing more exciting that seeing Kim crumble against Justine in every big match!!
LOL. I was alright at RG but after that choker began to irrate me :tape:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:48 PM
LOL. I was alright at RG but after that choker began to irrate me :tape:

aaah.....I thought you were getting a bit cocky with all the winning Justine´s been doing.

Crazy_Fool
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:00 AM
aaah.....I thought you were getting a bit cocky with all the winning Justine´s been doing.
Nah, i don't get arrogant. The fall when u come down is too steep ;)

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Your fave was out for 8!!! months. It's not because she has won one tournament now (which I respect fully) that she's completely back to her old level.

Justine has won almost everything there is to win in the last half year.

No denying that either....but I don´t feel like Serena has anything to prove to anybody. She´s the most successful active player, apart from Monica, out there and one half year of Justine "domination" ain´t gonna make for Serena to have a thing to prove.

But Serena has never been one to shy away from a challenge, so I think she´s eager to play Juju. Hopefully this time there ain´t gonna be any "incidents".

1jackson2001
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:33 AM
I can't wait to see see a Serena versus Justine battle. Christine, on the other hand...