PDA

View Full Version : SERENA Dismantles Dementieva and Wins the N-100 title!!

TeeRexx
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
SERENA WILLIAMS, after over eight months off the tour, demolished the big-mouthed Dementieva of Russia 6-1, 6-1 (Dementieva was very fortunate to get those games) to win the NASDAQ-100 title and to avenge the insult directed at VENUS by the poor serving Rooskie.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/3158641AB002_Nasdaq_100040115_lower.jpg

A truly amazing feat that should unanimously get SERENA the Comeback Player of the Year award along with, what I also predict, Player of the Year award as well.

Congratulations SERENA!! :bounce:

Bye. :wavey:

DEETHELICK
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Congrats to Serena! Tee, nice to see ya.

Serena played great, Elena wasn't even on court. The UEs and DFs contributed to her demise. But off the ground, Elena did show Serena thing or two ;)

Come back stronger Elena! :D

BK4ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
You can't even tell anything about Rena's game from this match...except that the serve is back :D

On to Clay, where she will have to bring out her patient game!

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:25 PM
Welcome back TeeRexx

Serena served up a Compton Beatdown! That will work wonders for her confidence. Serena was playing for confidence and that's all that matters.

TeeRexx
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:32 PM
Hello to you as well Dee and Ballb - SERENA may be a little rusty with her shots, but she still shows the true trait of a champion and that is the ability to win under adverse circumstances.

And yes, Demented should learn to keep her mouth shut because she will be facing VENUS & SERENA during the course of the season, providing she can make it that far in the draws.

tennnisfannn
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Hi TeeRexx, i missed you big. Looks like you are a man of your word. Didn't you say you ould only start posting when the sisters got back. Either that or you were banned, have been posting under a different name, but still very nice to have you back.
As for Serena, what a perfect comeback!

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
12 inches ungreased....lol GO SERENA!!!

brickhousesupporter
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
You can't even tell anything about Rena's game from this match...except that the serve is back :D

On to Clay, where she will have to bring out her patient game!
I agree I am still not happy with Serenas game right now. But it is still a work in progress and it will get better...
Congrats Serena

TeeRexx
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:20 PM
tennisfan - Surprisingly I was not banned, I just did not post in GM because there was nothing interesting to post about the the so-called "Belgian sisters", so I went in hibernation until the goddess and princess arose once again. LOL

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
tennisfan - Surprisingly I was not banned, I just did not post in GM because there was nothing interesting to post about the the so-called "Belgian sisters", so I went in hibernation until the goddess and princess arose once again. LOL

Welcome back Tee...:wavey:

Chance
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:38 PM
I'll get to see the match later on in the afternoon, but awesome score Serena!!!!

Congratulations Serena on winning your 3rd Nasdaq title!
Serena is simply awesome!!! :D :D

Now work on your clay court game- be patient;)

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM

Serena played great, Elena wasn't even on court. The UEs and DFs contributed to her demise. But off the ground, Elena did show Serena thing or two ;)

Yeah...how to hit ugly ufeīs... ;)

Seenus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:14 PM
good to see you

vs1
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:17 PM
BABYGIRL brought it on big time in Miami!! I am so happy for her!! Even though she's not in her peak form, this is great progress. Eight months off and winning a Tier 1 final serving breadsticks!! Amazing job...but what does it say for the rest of the tour?! :eek:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:20 PM
Great, great...and babygirl has only two or three sets in her last three victories at this tournament. SCARY!!

silverwhite
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:52 PM
Serena! :worship: :worship: :worship:

OUT!
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Well done Serena!!! Is anybody concerned about Rena's performance at the FO this year? I mean what will happen in the semis or finals if she meets one of the Belgians and that sorry ass crowd boo her like they did last year? Will she overcome this? Of course we in the UK are far too polite and would never show Serena such disrespect when she comes to Wimby :cool:

Hulet
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:44 AM
:eek: A TeeRex sighting! :eek:
Congrats Serena! :)

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Well done Serena!!! Is anybody concerned about Rena's performance at the FO this year? I mean what will happen in the semis or finals if she meets one of the Belgians and that sorry ass crowd boo her like they did last year? Will she overcome this? Of course we in the UK are far too polite and would never show Serena such disrespect when she comes to Wimby :cool:

I hope she can overcome it...she has the game to win RG again, would be a shame that because of some tards she would not win it.

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:52 AM
SERENA WILLIAMS, after over eight months off the tour, demolished the big-mouthed Demented of Russia 6-1, 6-1 (Demented was very fortunate to get those games) to win the NASDAQ-100 title and to avenge the insult directed at VENUS by the poor serving Rooskie.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/3158641AB002_Nasdaq_100040115_lower.jpg

A truly amazing feat that should unanimously get SERENA the Comeback Player of the Year award along with, what I also predict, Player of the Year award as well.

Congratulations SERENA!! :bounce:

Bye. :wavey:

Was wondering where the hell u have been

vogus
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:13 AM
welcome back to Tee Rexx the master of Williams spin

congrats to Serena for winning the title easy as molasses

congrats to Lena Dementieva bcuz most anybody would be happy with a tournie where they had a 1-1 record against the Williams sisters.

now that she's called Venus a good actress, Lena ought to properly complete the insult by calling Serena a bad one. I think that Lena should continue to shoot her mouth off at Venus and Serena bcuz it makes the tour more interesting, and maybe TeeRexx would post more often as well.

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I agree I am still not happy with Serenas game right now. But it is still a work in progress and it will get better...
Congrats Serena
Come on, this is a time to really be happy and just enjoy what's going on. Serena is back on the courts doing what she loves to do, she's enjoying herself, and she's getting better with each round. So it's OK to get ur celebration on :bounce: She'll continue to improve, but let's give her some love free of any criticisms for the great tournament win.

faste5683
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM

Well, she needs to avoid saying things like this to the French press:

"Well, we don't want to play in the war. We want to make clothes. We don't want the war." -- Serena Williams, responding in a fake French accent, when asked about anti-French sentiment with the U.S.-Iraq war. When two tennis reporters from France were asked how Williams' comments will be received there, they responded with the French word "maladroit," which means "tactless."

That might help.

:wavey:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:36 PM

"Well, we don't want to play in the war. We want to make clothes. We don't want the war." -- Serena Williams, responding in a fake French accent, when asked about anti-French sentiment with the U.S.-Iraq war. When two tennis reporters from France were asked how Williams' comments will be received there, they responded with the French word "maladroit," which means "tactless."

That might help.

I wonder what the excuse is gonna be after this year, then...

DA FOREHAND
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:48 PM

LOL...the thing or two was the two games she won right? :lol:

Experimentee
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:51 PM

That might help.

She didnt mean that in a mean spirited way, it was a joke :rolleyes:
How can saying that the French make clothes be an insult when Serena makes clothes herself? She wouldnt be insulting her own activity.
Only Serena haters will read mean intentions into that statement, and of course theres plenty of them in France.

KingA
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Elena played poorly today...... No doubt!!!!

But talked about "Demented was very fortunate to get those games".... Not sure whether u have really watched the match or not.... Elena earned those games... she hitted two service-return winners in a row on Serena's 1st serves in the second last game of the match!!!!

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Elena played poorly today...... No doubt!!!!

But talked about "Demented was very fortunate to get those games".... Not sure whether u have really watched the match or not.... Elena earned those games... she hitted two service-return winners in a row on Serena's 1st serves in the second last game of the match!!!!

Thatīs true...some nice returns.

faste5683
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:28 PM
She didnt mean that in a mean spirited way, it was a joke :rolleyes:
How can saying that the French make clothes be an insult when Serena makes clothes herself? She wouldnt be insulting her own activity.
Only Serena haters will read mean intentions into that statement, and of course theres plenty of them in France.

You give me a bad rep for presenting a quote? :haha:

Wow! :eek:

Pureracket
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:37 PM
I'm just glad that Serena is back!!!!!

TeeRexx
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Bandabu - The Russian worked for the first game, but that second game came at the expense of SERENA'S UE's.

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Bandabu - The Russian worked for the first game, but that second game came at the expense of SERENA'S UE's.

ssshh......donīt tell nobody! ;)

udachi Elena
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM
how much of the match came from Elena's UE's? :tape:

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:16 AM
how much of the match came from Elena's UE's? :tape:

SHe had 24 ufeīs and Serena had 14.... so it wasnīt all about ufeīs. Besides that has been her stats the whole week anyways....

udachi Elena
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:19 AM
23 UE's 9 doublefaults.. Serena only had one more winner than Elena..

Sam L
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Hi TeeRexx, i missed you big. Looks like you are a man of your word. Didn't you say you ould only start posting when the sisters got back. Either that or you were banned, have been posting under a different name, but still very nice to have you back.
As for Serena, what a perfect comeback!
Hmm yes, I wonder where he was when Venus "came back" at the Australian Open. :tape:

Pureracket
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Welcome back, Tee Rexx.

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:25 AM
23 UE's 9 doublefaults.. Serena only had one more winner than Elena..

See...she actually played better than against Venus.....still didnīt matter.

udachi Elena
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:27 AM
See...she actually played better than against Venus.....still didnīt matter.
The stats don't tell the story of this match very well. looking at those you'd think it wasn't such a blowout.

TeeRexx
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:34 AM
VENUS still had injuries at OZ, but still played well for the time off the tour. SERENA'S feat at the N-100 was extraordinary!

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:47 AM
The stats don't tell the story of this match very well. looking at those you'd think it wasn't such a blowout.

By the stats no...but itīs just that Serenaīs serve really was the difference in that there werenīt that many rallies, when Serena was serving....and her returning made it even more impossible too.

Sam L
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:38 AM
VENUS still had injuries at OZ, but still played well for the time off the tour. SERENA'S feat at the N-100 was extraordinary!
I'm not talking about Venus or Serena. I'm talking about where your ass was.

I see you only come around to the board when a Williams sister wins a tournament? :tape:

Pathetic. Really pathetic. :haha:

TeeRexx
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:32 AM
I guess you haven't been on this board long, Sammy, because I was on it when Williams were losing and their fans were taking a lot of heat from Hingis followers

So, because your sorry ass missed a post of mine during the OZ, don't blame me. :p

Serendy Willick
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:36 PM

Pulezze I'm sorry but Dementieva ran up against someone who you cant bring 69mph serves against:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
Apr 6th, 2004, 12:22 AM
I'm not talking about Venus or Serena. I'm talking about where your ass was.

I see you only come around to the board when a Williams sister wins a tournament? :tape:

Pathetic. Really pathetic. :haha:

I wished I had the patience to stay away until they win championships.

TeeRexx
Apr 6th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Ballbuster - Patience is a virtue, so I guess I am very virtuous. :)
I was very certain that VENUS & SERENA would be back on the winning track sooner or later. Unfortunately, it was later.