PDA

View Full Version : Too bad I didn't have a little sister to play for me today????

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
What the hell was Dementieva thinking when she said that......

Even my mom said she's a bitch!

(and I know I'm going to get negative rep points for this, but I'm tired of Elena and her constant diss towards the girls)

tennnisfannn
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
Did she really say that?

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
I think that what she meant was that she had beaten Venus and that Serena (Venus' little sister) demolished her, SO if she had had a little sister to play in her place, maybe she would have won... I didn't think that was a bitchy remark. I thought it was cute. Maybe I just didn't understand :lol: :shrug:

Glenn
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
I don't see any harm in it.
Serena IS Venus' little sister, and I'm sure she didn't like it when Elena beat Venus.

GoDominique
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
I don't get it either. :o

mykarma
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:19 PM

(and I know I'm going to get negative rep points for this, but I'm tired of Elena and her constant diss towards the girls)

I don't think she was trying to be mean this time. I think she was trying to be funny.

azinna
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:20 PM
This was a horrible thing for her to say (the crowd gasped) but I'm trying very hard to give Elena the benefit of the doubt. I think she was aiming for self-deprecation (i played so badly i wish a sister took my place and saved the family the embarassment).

It was very clear today that Elena has trouble being funny in English. Humour is highly cultural, and one should have a very good command of the language and social norms before making quips. If she really intends no harm, she should steer away from the jokes.

mykarma
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
I don't think she was trying to be mean this time. I think she was trying to be funny.
When will they learn not to diss one of the sisters when you have to meet the other one. I also think it was cute when Serena said, "we have another 3 champion here, Venus".

Nobody's Perfecc
I don't think Elena meant it that way, I think it was joke lost in translation. :)

Kabezya
It has been explained that Elena was trying to be funny.

A'DAM

Maybe in the future she should stop trying to be funny!!! Her serve is funny enough!!! :drool:

Astro Jetson
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:22 PM
:lol: I think it is quite funny! A dig at Venus? lol. Don't people see that Elena was digging herself by saying that.

Dawn Marie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:23 PM
I think she meant no harm.

She meant that too bad she could not have a younger better Elena Dementieva out there today to better compete against the great ass kicking wonderful serving Serena Williams.

Basically Elena was ragging on herself and her own piss poor pathetic play and praising the just too good Serena Williams. She basically told the media that she had to be some android CLONE ELENA to win today.:)

carry on.

Mrs. Peel
This was a horrible thing for her to say (the crowd gasped) but I'm trying very hard to give Elena the benefit of the doubt. I think she was aiming for self-deprecation (i played so badly i wish a sister took my place and saved the family the embarassment).

It was very clear today that Elena has trouble being funny in English. Humour is highly cultural, and one should have a very good command of the language and social norms before making quips. Is she really intends no harm, she should steer away from the jokes.
this the best summation I have read so far....so true.

nubienne459
She made the statement in the United States and with all the other krep she talked all week I think there is no way anyone can misunderstand what she meant.

The response of the audience tells the story. She was not misunderstood.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
How is that a negative thing?!
I know english, joke around quite successfuly, but I don't get how is this a diss, and how is it a joke?
I'm seriusly asking you. I don't get it. Pls. explain

harloo
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Demented is one firecraker and knows how to get people up in arms with her nasty comments. Sharapova is 16 years old and has more game and grace than that of demented.

I just don't understand the need for that comment. I don't think she was trying to be funny either. :rolleyes:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM
If this was the first time Elena would have done something perhaps I could overlook it, but she has taken CONSTANT digs over the girls the past years and I get sick of her shit.

Raj
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:27 PM
I'm sure she'll be asked to clarify her comment in the after interview........it'll be interestin to read it when they put it up on the offical site-- later on today.

In all honestly the comment was funny and not rude- thats my take on it- comments like that make the game so much more fun- now next time Venus plays her she'll have that extra motivation to beat her.

ys
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Yep, shed' better have said "Too bad I didn't have a little brother to play for me today".. Then you all would completely have gone apeshit here..

sartrista7
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Even DAWN MARIE realises that it wasn't a dig, people.

I have absolutely no idea how that could be interpreted as horrible... but it's clear that Elena's haters won't be happy just with the way she embarrassed herself with her play today.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Yep, shed' better have said "Too bad I didn't have a little brother to play for me today".. Then you all would completely have gone apeshit here..
Yes, because you are such a better person than everyone else here ys, so your moral dignity allows you to post with such authority.

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:31 PM
When will they learn not to diss one of the sisters when you have to meet the other one. I also think it was cute when Serena said, "we have another 3 champion here, Venus".

Yep!! That made me forget what she said, which is why no one should stress her words :p

vettipooh
I think she meant it in good faith,but it came out in bad taste.She was just trying to say something funny, in an attempt to sugar coat her earlier comments about Venus after the QF match.

Infiniti2001
Maybe in the future she should stop trying to be funny!!! Her serve is funny enough!!! :drool:

evil :lol:

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM

Hi ys :wavey: :lol: :haha: :rolls:

Dawn Marie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
ys,apeshit? man u are a tool. U knew Serena was going to beat that ass American style. Face it many of these Russians girls are overrated. Like Lina K and Dinara. Elena does have a ugly attitiude at times toward the Williams sisters, so chill out. She is still a BIatch. I am glad she got waxed. I feel good today.:)

Elena basically embarrassed herself once by not playing a good match and again after the match by saying her own self was not good enough and that she needed a CLONE to beat Serena. :)

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Do you guys mean to say that it's another insult of Venus? If so...I don't think it's an insult. My Russian brains can't contemplate it, I guess, even though I hardly remember the language.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Elena basically embarrassed herself once by not playing a good match and again after the match by saying her own self was not good enough and that she needed a CLONE to beat Serena. :)

And that's bad? She accepted that she's not good enough to win Serena, and that's bad? This occusations are outrageous.
I still don't get what you guys are talking about. :confused: Why is she a bitch by saying what she said (what exactly did she say in the first place, if it could be discussed in an interview? :confused: :confused: :confused: )?

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
I wanted to hit her when hse said that....Even if it wasn't completely meant in a bad way she still said it and for like the 100000000th time she is bad to the sisters

Jakub
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
I can`t see any harm in it ....
can`t you see that she was making fun of herself after how badly she played today ??

CJ07
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
you all really.

Elena is not 100% in English. It probably just came across wrong in the translation.
And even still, it was kind of funny, you just had to stop and think about it.

ys
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
ys,apeshit? man u are a tool. U knew Serena was going to beat that ass American style. Face it many of these Russians girls are overrated. Like Lina K and Dinara. Elena does have a ugly attitiude at times toward the Williams sisters, so chill out. She is still a BIatch. I am glad she got waxed. I feel good today.:)
I know Dawn. That's probably the only joy in your life.. :wavey:

arcus
She meant that she stank so bad that she wished that she had a sister that could have done a better job.

The crowd knew, they laughed. She was poking fun at her self, no one else.

Despite the dissappointment of playing really badly, Dementieva was very curtious in her interview. and to her credit so was serena today

Couver
It's a stupid statement but not one to go crazy over.

Of course it does make one wonder. What if Serena said something like this??? I believe that's when the apeshit would hit the fan :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Geez people here's why it can be seen as not funny.....

yes it was quip about herself but it be a quip about Venus as well.

Not only was she saying that she needed a little sister to play for her so did apparently Venus...That what was bad about it. Geewhiz.. Venus is struggling. She just beat Venus. Now She's saying Serena just beat her for Venus. One it's not her place to say even if it is true and two if it is true it's not funny for her to say....

Now if she wasn't the one who beat Venus then yes I could see how maybe it would be funny but she was the one who beat Venus so I also can see how some people didn't see that as funny especially coming from her.

sometimes things aren't funny because of the messenger...:shrug:

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:52 PM
One meaning could be:
" Ok I played like shiat, but I was good enough to beat the other sister."
:o

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
I know Dawn. That's probably the only joy in your life.. :wavey:YS, remember, we need to have a talk! :cool:

sartrista7
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM

And sometimes... as has been made abundantly clear here lately... people just have it in for the messenger, and will call her a bitch whatever she says.

People have done this to Venus and Serena, too. It's nothing new.

Julian
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Golly is there for once a comment that everyone wont be jumping on?? I find this ridiculous! IMO I thought she just tried to be funny for playing so crappy today. IMO she needed some enlightment from the frustration of her serve and she knows it.

Kabezya
One meaning could be:
" Ok I played like shiat, but I was good enough to beat the other sister."
:o

Naw, as it's been explained. It's a joke... ha ha ha type of joke. Elena means no harm. It's just lost in the interpretation :rolleyes:

cynicole
Even DAWN MARIE realises that it wasn't a dig, people.

I have absolutely no idea how that could be interpreted as horrible... but it's clear that Elena's haters won't be happy just with the way she embarrassed herself with her play today.:lol: at the first bit.

I think anyone who has read Elena D.'s interviews in general (aside from the ones after Williams matches) knows that she has a very self-deprecating sense of humor.

I actually find it amusing how her humor gets so mangled when she tries to express it in English. It's so painfully awkward that I find it endearing.

bandabou
You can go the other way too: "At least I was good enough to beat the older sister, but now the younger one got me. I should have sent my younger one as well." and that is kinda bitchy imo.

ys
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
YS, remember, we need to have a talk! :cool:
You are late.. I came to here right in time to get my deserved gray birdmeat dish and I have just finished it. Over and out.. :wavey:

G_Slammed
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Comment meant nothing.. nothing there.

Just like the majority of the Russian women, not much talent.... nothing really there.

Volcana
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
I can't say I see anything wrong with it. It's been supposed for a long time that Venus and Serena both make an extra effort to beat anyone who beats the other sister. What she needed today was exactly what she said she needed. A little sister who was better than her.

It's actually pretty subtle humr, and across a language barrier too. IMHO, this incident says a bit more about the peopel taking offense, and a bit less about Elena.

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:05 PM
I can't say I see anything wrong with it. It's been supposed for a long time that Venus and Serena both make an extra effort to beat anyone who beats the other sister. What she needed today was exactly what she said she needed. A little sister who was better than her.

It's actually pretty subtle humr, and across a language barrier too. IMHO, this incident says a bit more about the peopel taking offense, and a bit less about Elena.

It says a lot about both sides.

GogoGirl
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
All,

The comment could be taken a couple of ways - but I think Elena knows that Venus & Serena are close - and would have most likely discussed Venus defeat at Elena's hands the other day. She could also imagine that Serena wanted revenge. I think she was summing up all of that - and adding to it the fact - that her rump was toasted. It is one thing for a sister to try and avenge her sister's loss - but to do it in that predator - cougar - take no prisoners - matter-of-fact - and some more adjectives - manner - perhaps stung Elena where it hurt. She knew she played and looked bad. She was more or less saying - that "uh-oh - I put my foot in my mouth toooooo deep the other day - perhaps. 'Lil sister means business today." IMO!

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
All,

The comment could be taken a couple of ways - but I think Elena knows that Venus & Serena are close - and would have most likely discussed Venus defeat at Elena's hands the other day. She could also imagine that Serena wanted revenge. I think she was summing up all of that - and adding to it the fact - that her rump was toasted. It is one thing for a sister to try and avenge her sister's loss - but to do it in that predator - cougar - take no prisoners - matter-of-fact - and some more adjectives - manner - so perhaps stung Elena where it hurt. She knew she played and looked bad. She was more or less saying - that "uh-oh - I put my foor in my mouth toooooo deep the other day - perhaps. 'Lil sister means business today." IMO!

Nice explanation. Especially considering there could be many interpretations. In the end the only thing that mattered is Serena won. Look forward and don't look back.

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM

Not only was she saying that she needed a little sister to play for her so did apparently Venus...That what was bad about it. Geewhiz.. Venus is struggling. She just beat Venus. Now She's saying Serena just beat her for Venus. One it's not her place to say even if it is true and two if it is true it's not funny for her to say....

Now if she wasn't the one who beat Venus then yes I could see how maybe it would be funny but she was the one who beat Venus so I also can see how some people didn't see that as funny especially coming from her.

Why don't you CHILL OUT???? Geez! No sense of humor, whatsoever!

Why do you people try to take everything out of context as a slight against you or your favs???? Do you just wake up every morning looking for something to be pissed off about? Your favorite player wins a tournament, and you can't be happy with it....instead, you have to focus your attention into negativity. :rolleyes:

BTW, congrats to Serena. But I don't think this match or outcome had anything to do with Venus...I think all Serena cared about was winning, not getting even, even though so many Venus fans probably like to think of it that way. If anything, I'll bet Serena was happy that she didn't have to beat her sister yet again.

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
You are late.. I came to here right in time to get my deserved gray birdmeat dish and I have just finished it. Over and out.. :wavey:

Hey ys I see you don't play to well in the sandbox. How are you feeling today?

By the way - what was all that Sh!t you said yesterday. We told you we would meet you here today.

ys :bolt:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
Hope you and Vass enjoyed the crow. It was made especially for the two of you, compliments of the Williams' sisters and their fans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:31 PM

Why do you people try to take everything out of context as a slight against you or your favs???? Do you just wake up every morning looking for something to be pissed off about? Your favorite player wins a tournament, and you can't be happy with it....instead, you have to focus your attention into negativity. :rolleyes:

BTW, congrats to Serena. But I don't think this match or outcome had anything to do with Venus...I think all Serena cared about was winning, not getting even, even though so many Venus fans probably like to think of it that way. If anything, I'll bet Serena was happy that she didn't have to beat her sister yet again.
Wow, and this comes from someone who really knows and follows the Sisters. :rolleyes: It's amazing how people can be such experts at something they know absolutely nothing about. :rolleyes:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Hey ys I see you don't play to well in the sandbox. How are you feeling today?

By the way - what was all that Sh!t you said yesterday. We told you we would meet you here today.

ys :bolt:
I told ys and Vass yesterday it would be Serena in two, and Darrin said there would be at least one bagel. I guess they'll learn someday. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM

Why don't you BITE ME?? Geez, talking about not getting a post. :rolleyes:

That was an explanation as to why some people would not think it was funny. You think it was funny. Great for you. You can go see Elena's act at the Improv.

When I'm pissed off you'll know. Go bother someone else. :wavey:

I'm glad you're so in tune with my emotions that you know when I'm happy or not. I'll PM you later to find out what I'll feel before I go to dinner so I'll know just how to tailor my evening since your so in tune with my emotions clearly more than me. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and was that negative enough for you or do you require more?

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
You guys can turn it around all you want, try all the explanation in the world, but it was directed at Venus and that is totally tasteless. She won, but she still had to take a dig at Venus 2 long days afterwards. She has a long history of foot-and-mouth disease where the sisters are concerned.
I actually liked that she beat Venus, that maybe the wake-up call Venus needs (if she still wants to play competitive tennis). If this loss doesnt get her to do what is neccessary, then she might as well retire. This is what happens, when imbeciles start beating you

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Why don't you BITE ME?? Geez, talking about not getting a post. :rolleyes:

That was an explanation as to why some people would not think it was funny. You think it was funny. Great for you. You can go see Elena's act at the Improv.

When I'm pissed off you'll know. Go bother someone else. :wavey:

I'm glad you're so in tune with my emotions that you know when I'm happy or not. I'll PM you later to find out what I'll feel before I go to dinner so I'll know just how to tailor my evening since your so in tune with my emotions clearly more than me. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and was that negative enough for you or do you require more?

No, I won't know when you're pissed off, because you always sound pissed off. So how can I distinguish? Either way, I most assuredly won't care.

Don't bother PMing me, I won't respond. Quit trying to get on my good side. I'm not interested.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
No, I won't know when you're pissed off, because you always sound pissed off. So how can I distinguish? Either way, I most assuredly won't care.

Don't bother PMing me, I won't respond. Quit trying to get on my good side. I'm not interested.
As usual, you missed the whole point. :rolleyes:

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:00 PM
You guys can turn it around all you want, try all the explanation in the world, but it was directed at Venus and that is totally tasteless. She won, but she still had to take a dig at Venus 2 long days afterwards. She has a long history of foot-and-mouth disease where the sisters are concerned.
I actually liked that she beat Venus, that maybe the wake-up call Venus needs (if she still wants to play competitive tennis). If this loss doesnt get her to do what is neccessary, then she might as well retire. This is what happens, when imbeciles start beating you

But even if it WAS a dig at Venus, it's somewhat true. Frankly, I'm surprised that some Williams fan would get upset at this comment, when it is only consistent with the way that some Williams fans act.

Rocketta said "Not only was she saying that she needed a little sister to play for her so did apparently Venus"

But after Venus lost to Elena, some Williams fans were saying things like "Wait till Serena gets revenge for Venus", only acknowledging that Venus needs a little sister to take care of business.

Is it okay for fans to say it, but not Elena?

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:01 PM
As usual, you missed the whole point. :rolleyes:

This is an A and B consersation, why don't you C your way out of it! :rolleyes:

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
You are late.. I came to here right in time to get my deserved gray birdmeat dish and I have just finished it. Over and out.. :wavey:We should not let you off so easily. :wavey: Get back here. :)

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
DeMond, and some people guessed that it would be 6-1 6-1. They beat you sucker! :rolleyes: You also said that Venus would win in 2, and you were wrong there. And me: I never said that there's no possibility of Serena crushing Elena. I said that it could go anywhere. I'm not one bit surprized that Lena lost. I'm just amazed in what manner she lost, I'm sure that everyone is.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:06 PM
Maybe I will, when you get a handle on the alphabet and learn how to spell a little better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SERENA WON, SERENA WON, SERENA WON

:wavey:

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:07 PM
But even if it WAS a dig at Venus, it's somewhat true. Frankly, I'm surprised that some Williams fan would get upset at this comment, when it is only consistent with the way that some Williams fans act.

Rocketta said "Not only was she saying that she needed a little sister to play for her so did apparently Venus"

But after Venus lost to Elena, some Williams fans were saying things like "Wait till Serena gets revenge for Venus", only acknowledging that Venus needs a little sister to take care of business.

Is it okay for fans to say it, but not Elena?Well, I didnt hear Venus tell her, when my sister gets hold of you. There should a codex, simple collegial respect, apparently, Demented has problem giving it the Williamses. She shouldnt like them, nobody is asking for that, but respect, because I have never heard Venus or Serena for that matter make disparaging comments about their colleagues. If you cant see that, I am not suprised. Frankly, I have seen what you have to say in the last few days, they seemed twisted logic wise, of course, if it is about V & S.
I am sure you wont be rationalizing, if Serena had picked up the microphone and tell Demented, that was for beating my sister. Some things are left better unsaid. You might all have your laughs, but that is at the expense of Venus and that is wrong.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
DeMond, and some people guessed that it would be 6-1 6-1. They beat you sucker! :rolleyes: You also said that Venus would win in 2, and you were wrong there. And me: I never said that there's no possibility of Serena crushing Elena. I said that it could go anywhere. I'm not one bit surprized that Lena lost. I'm just amazed in what manner she lost, I'm sure that everyone is.
No guess. Just common sense. :)
I'm not amazed at the manner in which she lost. I've seen her serve.

Black Mamba.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Her sister's second serve is probably better.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Well, I didnt hear Venus tell her, when my sister gets hold of you. There should a codex, simple collegial respect, apparently, Demented has problem giving it the Williamses. She shouldnt like them, nobody is asking for that, but respect, because I have never heard Venus or Serena for that matter make disparaging comments about their colleagues. If you cant see that, I am not suprised. Frankly, I have seen what you have to say in the last few days, they seemed twisted logic wise, of course, if it is about V & S.
I am sure you wont be rationalizing, if Serena had picked up the microphone and tell Demented, that was for beating my sister. Some things are left better unsaid. You might all have your laughs, but that is at the expense of Venus and that is wrong.
I tried to tell him he used circular logic, but he didn't believe me. I wonder why. :lol:
Anywho, that's okay, because the Williams' got the last laugh. Not only did Serena beat the tar out of her, but she congratulated her on a few good matches in the tournament and turned to applaud her sister, also a three time NASDAQ champion. :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Her sister's second serve is probably better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a good one.

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
We should not let you off so easily. :wavey: Get back here. :)

ys is one poster that I can honestly say I dispise. and she know why. Now that we have dug her head in the sand and made her eat humble pie she wants to leave and go home.....crying.

I hate that.

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
I tried to tell him he used circular logic, but he didn't believe me. I wonder why. :lol:
Anywho, that's okay, because the Williams' got the last laugh. Not only did Serena beat the tar out of her, but she congratulated her on a few good matches in the tournament and turned to applaud her sister, also a three time NASDAQ champion. :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You NEVER explained "circular logic." Nor did you give ONE EXAMPLE of me using it. In fact, when I pressed you about it repeatedly, you finally backed down and admitted that you were wrong. What more would I expect from an idiot like you?

You didn't know what it means then. You don't know what it means now. You still can't give an explanation of it. You still can't cite JUST ONE EXAMPLE of me using it.

I don't think you wanna go there again, do you? Here's your chance, prove me wrong. You can't. You won't. If you could have back then, you would have, rather than getting so embarrassed that you had to back off and retract your statements. :rolleyes:

BigTennisFan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
I don't think Elena meant it that way, I think it was joke lost in translation. :)
I agree.

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
You NEVER explained "circular logic." Nor did you give ONE EXAMPLE of me using it. In fact, when I pressed you about it repeatedly, you finally backed down and admitted that you were wrong. What more would I expect from an idiot like you?

You didn't know what it means then. You don't know what it means now. You still can't give an explanation of it. You still can't cite JUST ONE EXAMPLE of me using it.

I don't think you wanna go there again, do you? Here's your chance, prove me wrong. You can't. You won't. If you could have back then, you would have, rather than getting so embarrassed that you had to back off and retract your statements. :rolleyes:I am not DeMond, but here is one example of the circular logic posted by you:

Is it okay for fans to say it, but not Elena?What does it have to do with anything about what the Williams fans say and what Elena say? Williams fans are not professional tennis players and they are not Elenas colleagues :rolleyes:

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Nobody's Perfecc]
[\QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BigTennisFan]I agree[\QUOTE]

Bulls! thats got nothing to do with translation. She said exactly what she wanted to say and meant it exactly that way. It was directed at Venus:fiery:

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Well, I didnt hear Venus tell her, when my sister gets hold of you. There should a codex, simple collegial respect, apparently, Demented has problem giving it the Williamses. She shouldnt like them, nobody is asking for that, but respect, because I have never heard Venus or Serena for that matter make disparaging comments about their colleagues. If you cant see that, I am not suprised. Frankly, I have seen what you have to say in the last few days, they seemed twisted logic wise, of course, if it is about V & S.

Okay, you said "twisted logic"??? Please explain what you mean by "twisted logic"????

Your buddy DeMond claims that it's "circular logic", yet she cannot explain what "circular logic" is, nor can she cite one example to support her claim.

Care to explain your comments??? Care to cite any examples????

Or are you using the same kind of hit-and-run tactic as DeMond....making a comment, but not backing it up (because she can't)?

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:25 PM

I don't think you wanna go there again, do you? Here's your chance, prove me wrong. You can't. You won't. If you could have back then, you would have, rather than getting so embarrassed that you had to back off and retract your statements. :rolleyes:
Not only do you use circular logic, but you're a pathological liar. I never backed down. I stopped arguing with you because I felt I didn't have to explain anything to prove anything to you. It was my opinion. It's not my fault if you don't know the meaning of circular logic. You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. You're so transparent.

Here's a clue muesnster, when I said, "Okay, you're right, I'm wrong." I was being sarcastic. But, unfortunately your ego blinds you to that fact. No one retracted anything, nor did I back down. You're an idiot and everyone with a half ounce of sense can see it. You're comic relief on a real intense board.

SERENA WON, SERENA WON, SERENA WON.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just accept it muenster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Okay, you said "twisted logic"??? Please explain what you mean by "twisted logic"????

Your buddy DeMond claims that it's "circular logic", yet she cannot explain what "circular logic" is, nor can she cite one example to support her claim.

Care to explain your comments??? Care to cite any examples????

Or are you using the same kind of hit-and-run tactic as DeMond....making a comment, but not backing it up (because she can't)?Dust off, I already gave you your example. Stop pretending to be smart with such stupid arguments. They make absolute no sense:rolleyes:

...and I have absolute no time to enter into any of such arguments with you. I have made my point, I refuted your logic, you can agree with it, counter it or leave it, it is no skin of my nose:o

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Dust off, I already gave you your example. Stop pretending to be smart with such stupid arguments. They make absolute no sense:rolleyes:
I told him, but his ego won't allow him to see the error of his ways. :lol:

BTW muenster, do you see the bottom of my signature. It says, Official Barrister of the Royal Court. Do you know what barrister means? If so, then you know that I know what circular logic is, asshole. In case you don't know what it means, it means that I passed the bar. That I am licensed to practice as an attorney before any court in the state of Texas, and in any Federal Court in the nation. So, now what do you say? Do you need me to email you a copy of my JD or my license to practice?

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Not only do you use circular logic, but you're a pathological liar. I never backed down. I stopped arguing with you because I felt I didn't have to explain anything to prove anything to you. It was my opinion. It's not my fault if you don't know the meaning of circular logic. You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. You're so transparent.

Here's a clue muesnster, when I said, "Okay, you're right, I'm wrong." I was being sarcastic. But, unfortunately your ego blinds you to that fact. No one retracted anything, nor did I back down. You're an idiot and everyone with a half ounce of sense can see it. You're comic relief on a real intense board.

SERENA WON, SERENA WON, SERENA WON.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just accept it muenster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this part: "It was my opinion. It's not my fault if you don't know the meaning of circular logic. You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. You're so transparent."

You now use the statement that it's your "opinion." First of all, that's a cop out. Secondly, if it's your opinion, then there must be an instance that makes you feel that way, but yet you can't cite any.

You're not one to lecture anybody about logic, because your next statement takes the cake. "You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. " So, if I use "circular logic" unsuccessfully, then (logically) wouldn't it mean that I'm NOT using circular logic.

You can't explain "circular logic" and you won't explain it. You obviously picked it up somewhere and like to throw around the term to attempt to discredit others. Hit-and-run tactic. Throw something out there, but don't back it up.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:42 PM
I love this part: "It was my opinion. It's not my fault if you don't know the meaning of circular logic. You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. You're so transparent."

You now use the statement that it's your "opinion." First of all, that's a cop out. Secondly, if it's your opinion, then there must be an instance that makes you feel that way, but yet you can't cite any.

You're not one to lecture anybody about logic, because your next statement takes the cake. "You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. " So, if I use "circular logic" unsuccessfully, then (logically) wouldn't it mean that I'm NOT using circular logic.

You can't explain "circular logic" and you won't explain it. You obviously picked it up somewhere and like to throw around the term to attempt to discredit others. Hit-and-run tactic. Throw something out there, but don't back it up.

Well, if you insist here's a perfect example of your circular logic:

"You're not one to lecture anybody about logic, because your next statement takes the cake. "You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. " So, if I use "circular logic" unsuccessfully, then (logically) wouldn't it mean that I'm NOT using circular logic."

No, it means that you are using it unsuccessfully. People recognize it for what it is and discredit your point immediately by pointing out how illogical your argument is, no matter how you craft it to try and make it work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Dust off, I already gave you your example. Stop pretending to be smart with such stupid arguments. They make absolute no sense:rolleyes:

...and I have absolute no time to enter into any of such arguments with you. I have made my point, I refuted your logic, you can agree with it, counter it or leave it, it is no skin of my nose:o

Oh my god!! you and Desmond are making melted cheese in here. lol

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
"What does it have to do with anything about what the Williams fans say and what Elena say? Williams fans are not professional tennis players and they are not Elenas colleagues "

What the hell does that first sentence mean? English is obviously not your first language, but that's okay. I'll try to work with you. BTW, that's either some piss-poor grammar, or some kind of double-talk.

Are you trying to say "Why are you bringing up what Williams fans say? Fans aren't Elena's colleagues, so they can say what they want to say, but Elena should not say such things about her colleague Venus."????? Is that what you are asking???

If so, why do think this? Like I said, why is it okay for Williams fans to say it, but not Elena? Just because YOU say that colleagues can't say such things? Sorry, I didn't realize that YOU make the rule about what players and fans can and cannot say.

Like I said, what Elena said about Venus isn't much different than what some Williams fans said after Venus lost to Elena ("Serena will get even", etc). So why do they take exception to it?

If I misunderstood your question, please rephrase it.

BTW, I'm SO glad that you said "circular logic." Now you've back yourself into a corner, just like DeMond.

PLEASE EXPLAIN this:

1) What is your definition of "circular logic"?
2) How is MY STATEMENT (that you referenced) "circular logic"?

What you called circular logic is not circular logic. Maybe you think there are certain rules/protocol that should be practiced by fans and players (regarding things that Elena and Williams fans have said). But even if you think that players and fans have different rules regarding speech, that in NO WAY makes what I said "circular logic." :rolleyes:

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Oh my god!! you and Desmond are making melted cheese in here. lol

You must have a pretty strong chin to be such a good ballbuster.

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
"What does it have to do with anything about what the Williams fans say and what Elena say? Williams fans are not professional tennis players and they are not Elenas colleagues "

What the hell does that first sentence mean? English is obviously not your first language, but that's okay. I'll try to work with you. BTW, that's either some piss-poor grammar, or some kind of double-talk.

Are you trying to say "Why are you bringing up what Williams fans say? Fans aren't Elena's colleagues, so they can say what they want to say, but Elena should not say such things about her colleague Venus."????? Is that what you are asking???

If so, why do think this? Like I said, why is it okay for Williams fans to say it, but not Elena? Just because YOU say that colleagues can't say such things? Sorry, I didn't realize that YOU make the rule about what players and fans can and cannot say.

Like I said, what Elena said about Venus isn't much different than what some Williams fans said after Venus lost to Elena ("Serena will get even", etc). So why do they take exception to it?

If I misunderstood your question, please rephrase it.

BTW, I'm SO glad that you said "circular logic." Now you've back yourself into a corner, just like DeMond.

PLEASE EXPLAIN this:

1) What is your definition of "circular logic"?
2) How is MY STATEMENT (that you referenced) "circular logic"?

What you called circular logic is not circular logic. Maybe you think there are certain rules/protocol that should be practiced by fans and players (regarding things that Elena and Williams fans have said). But even if you think that players and fans have different rules regarding speech, that in NO WAY makes what I said "circular logic." :rolleyes:Here we go again, chapter 3 of how to argue on the wtaworld: if all else fail, attack his/or her grammar.
I started reading, then saw you werent trying to refute any of my arguments, but insult my grammar, so I gave up reading through your debris. You know, English may be your first language, but you dont seem to have a complete grasp of it. So, why dont you start there, before pointing fingers at anybody. Come back when you have something intelligent to counter my arguments. Until then, I will just ignore you okay!:o

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
I told him, but his ego won't allow him to see the error of his ways. :lol:

BTW muenster, do you see the bottom of my signature. It says, Official Barrister of the Royal Court. Do you know what barrister means? If so, then you know that I know what circular logic is, asshole. In case you don't know what it means, it means that I passed the bar. That I am licensed to practice as an attorney before any court in the state of Texas, and in any Federal Court in the nation. So, now what do you say? Do you need me to email you a copy of my JD or my license to practice?

Just because you passed the bar, does not mean you know what "circular logic" means. Your actions in here say way more than any piece of paper that you might have. You can't explain it, and you haven't explained it.

BTW, I'm an engineer. Do you know what engineer means? It means that I understand logic, and I don't make illogical statments, and I certainly don't use "circular logic."

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Here we go again, chapter 3 of how to argue on the wtaworld: if all else fail, attack his/or her grammar.
I started reading, then saw you werent trying to refute any of my arguments, rather to insult my grammar, so I gave up reading through your debris. You know, English may be your first language, but you dont seem to have a complete grasp of it. See why dont you start there, before pointing at anybody. Come back when you have something intelligent to counter my arguments. Until then, I will just ignore you okay!:o

What a sissy!

I wasn't attacking your grammar. I honestly did not understand (and had to make an educated guess as to) whatever you were saying. It was grammatically incorrect, and hard to understand. But as you noticed, I tried to work with it.

You obviously DID NOT read it! Because I TOTALLY refuted your arguments.

Read it again, Adolf. Then answer my questions.

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Just because you passed the bar, does not mean you know what "circular logic" means. Your actions in here say way more than any piece of paper that you might have. You can't explain it, and you haven't explained it.

BTW, I'm an engineer. Do you know what engineer means? It means that I understand logic, and I don't make illogical statments, and I certainly don't use "circular logic."Geez, the word "circular logic" is really tugging at your enginner ego. Forget circular, use twisted, if it makes you better. Whose certificate did you steal by the way:tape:

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:15 PM
What a sissy!

I wasn't attacking your grammar. I honestly did not understand (and had to make an educated guess as to) whatever you were saying. It was grammatically incorrect, and hard to understand. But as you noticed, I tried to work with it.

You obviously DID NOT read it! Because I TOTALLY refuted your arguments.

Read it again, Adolf. Then answer my questions.Did you want to say something by saying "Adolf".
Wow, very original. Try harder and come up with more insults, you fucked up idiot. While on it, open your cupboards and and look at the skeletons you packed in there. Walk through them first, before looking for whom to point fingers at.
Mensch, du bist aber auch wirklich ein armes tolpatschiges Wuerstchen!

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Well, if you insist here's a perfect example of your circular logic:

"You're not one to lecture anybody about logic, because your next statement takes the cake. "You may not know what it means, but certainly know how to use. Unsuccessfully, I might add. " So, if I use "circular logic" unsuccessfully, then (logically) wouldn't it mean that I'm NOT using circular logic."

No, it means that you are using it unsuccessfully. People recognize it for what it is and discredit your point immediately by pointing out how illogical your argument is, no matter how you craft it to try and make it work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the circular logic? You still haven't explained it. That quote in the middle is NOT circular logic. If anything, it's a misinterpretation of what you said regarding the word "unsuccessfully." Your original statement is open to interpretation. I chose one interpretation, then you implied that you meant another. Then, you latch onto this difference of interpretation and label it as "circular logic." Sorry, but it ain't. Tell me, what's "circular" about the statment?

You can't even DEFINE circular logic, can you? If you can't define it, then you can't apply it. Define it.

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Geez, the word "circular logic" is really tugging at your enginner ego. Forget circular, use twisted, if it makes you better. Whose certificate did you steal by the way:tape:

No, I just don't like seeing people throwing around terms when they don't even understand what they mean.

BTW, I earned the certificate, with honors.

Define circular logic.

CC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
You guys are having a circular discussion I see.

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Did you want to say something by saying "Adolf".
Wow, very original. Try harder and come up with more insults, you fucked up idiot. While on it, open your cupboards and and look at the skeletons you packed in there. Walk through them first, before looking for whom to point fingers at.
Mensch, du bist aber auch wirklich ein armes tolpatschiges Wuerstchen!

Skeletons? Do tell.

BTW, that's really original. Speaking German to someone that doesn't understand German. If I understood what you were saying, I might would be insulted......nah, probably not.

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
I'm beginning to believe Cheesy is crazy. He just won't give up. He makes no sense. At first he was trying to argue on the merit. Now he has resulted to personal attacks - and he's so passionate about it.

She crazy!

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
I'm beginning to believe Cheesy is crazy. He just won't give up. He makes no sense. At first he was trying to argue on the merit. Now he has resulted to personal attacks - and he's so passionate about it.

She crazy!

When I'm right, I'm right. Sometimes it's hard to let their illogical assertions stand. Just asking people to back up their statments, which they haven't.

As for the personal attacks, look at who went there first. Wasn't me. Sorry if my "chin" comment hit a little too close to home with you. But don't worry, it'll be our little secret.

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Skeletons? Do tell.

BTW, that's really original. Speaking German to someone that doesn't understand German. If I understood what you were saying, I might would be insulted......nah, probably not.Pardon me? English is not my first language as you "kindly" pointed out. I couldnt translate what I had to say, so I just said it. Time to show your initiative and find out the meaning.

Black Mamba.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:29 PM
Elena intended it to be funny not to be hurtful, however the only funny thing in that match was her serve.

servenrichie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Elena intended it to be funny not to be hurtful, however the only funny thing in that match was her serve.Elena intended to insult Venus plain and simple. She did after their match, apparently, that wanst enough yet:o

cheesestix
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
Pardon me? English is not my first language as you "kindly" pointed out. I couldnt translate what I had to say, so I just said it. Time to show your initiative and find out the meaning.

I'm sorry, I thought that you were just trying to be clever by insulting me in German.

You said: "Mensch, du bist aber auch wirklich ein armes tolpatschiges Wuerstchen!"

Here's what I came up with: "Sir, would you like some spaetzel with your bratwurst!"

Seriously though, I couldn't figure out the last 2 words....but it was something like "Man, you are actually wretched..."???? You were really putting me in my place, up until those last 2 words. :rolleyes:

You're the one that speaks 2 languages, why do you expect that I can translate German->English better than you can?

LindsayRocks89
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:07 PM
i was kind of suprised when she said that, i mean yes it can be funny, but i dont know i dont think it was necessary

Rocketta
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:57 AM
:spit:

Oh no you didn't just use my line?

Oh well I guess I should be flattered. I have a fan I guess...:unsure:

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. i was there, The crowd laughed. it was not a shot at venus, b ut at herself in response to her rude comment earlier in the week. She was not trying to be rude. And no matter how anyone wants to look at it.. Neither player was rude to the other today, at all!

Madhuri
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM
I don't know if Elena was rude but her remark certainly was tacky. Post-match comments of a subjective nature should be limited to oneself and the opponent. Since Venus was not on the court today there was no reason to mention her at all especially in such a patronizing context.

Bright Red
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:27 AM

LOL. I read this, too, and wondered... What??????????? Even though I still don't know what she meant by it, I don't think she meant any harm--at least not in the context I saw it.

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:15 AM

:lol: Wasn't that sad, I ALMOST felt bad for her.

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:19 AM
How is that a negative thing?!
I know english, joke around quite successfuly, but I don't get how is this a diss, and how is it a joke?
I'm seriusly asking you. I don't get it. Pls. explain
In case you were referring to me, the diss I was referring to was the one about her implying that Venus was not hurt.

geoepee
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:22 AM
I don't know if Elena was rude but her remark certainly was tacky. Post-match comments of a subjective nature should be limited to oneself and the opponent. Since Venus was not on the court today there was no reason to mention her at all especially in such a patronizing context.
I totally agree with your post.

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:26 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:35 AM

Is it okay for fans to say it, but not Elena?
YES!, We're fans on a msg. board, she's a professional on national tv:rolleyes:

brunof
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:39 AM
:rolleyes:

If we should be complaining about anyone, because we all seem to love doing so, we should laugh at the stupid guy from Waterford Crystal, who said something along the lines of, "We would all like to know Serena when you are going to get out of your slump."

If that doesn't deserve a few '?????'s after it I don't know what does. Isn't that a diss to both players? Elena didn't mean harm.

DunkMachine
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:06 AM
On second though maybe omething went wrong in the translation. No biggy

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:53 AM
she's gotta take Bein Funny 101 classes..she sucks! Poor Elena!!!!!!! LOL

maccardel
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:20 PM
I seriously don't think it meant any harm. It is a culture thing and her english

wongqks
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I don't think it is suppose to mean anything bad Joshua. She is just trying to make a silly joke which no one understand LOL

Experimentee
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM
People are offended because it sounds like she meant that since she beat Venus, Venus is lucky to have a little sister to take revenge, since shes incapable of it herself.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I don't think it is suppose to mean anything bad Joshua. She is just trying to make a silly joke which no one understand LOL
I've had a day to fulminate over it and I've come to a conclusion - Elena is just like me!

WE ARE BOTH BITTER BITCHES

Erdinger
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry, I thought that you were just trying to be clever by insulting me in German.

You said: "Mensch, du bist aber auch wirklich ein armes tolpatschiges Wuerstchen!"

Here's what I came up with: "Sir, would you like some spaetzel with your bratwurst!"

:spit: That was funny! I love computer translations! :cool:

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:27 PM
People are offended because it sounds like she meant that since she beat Venus, Venus is lucky to have a little sister to take revenge, since shes incapable of it herself.

How can people be offended when they say the same thing themselves? When Venus lost, there were several Williams fans who immediately said thinks like "Wait till Serena gets revenge" or "Wait till Serena gets a hold of her" (as if to imply revenge). Williams fans shouldn't get pissed at Elena for saying it, when they say the same thing.

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:31 PM
YES!, We're fans on a msg. board, she's a professional on national tv:rolleyes:

Yeah, but so many fans here make it sound as if they're pissed at WHAT Elena said, rather than the fact that she said it on tv.

Which is it?

Is it WHAT Elena said?

Or is it the fact that she said it on TV?

CC
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but so many fans here make it sound as if they're pissed at WHAT Elena said, rather than the fact that she said it on tv.

Which is it?

Is it WHAT Elena said?

Or is it the fact that she said it on TV?If she said it in the privacy of her own home, how would we know she said it? I'm sure many of the players say negative things about each other in private.

The fact of the matter is, it was said in PUBLIC. Whether it was on tv, in a magazine or during a press conference is irrelevant. Once you make public statements you open yourself up to criticism for those statements.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:35 PM
:lol: Elena reminds me of that bitch who bumped into venus at the 97 us open semis..they LOOK like sisters..same ICEY nasty stares at anything that sets eyes on them.. :lol: I forget her name though..i think she retired a few years ago to give berth to a demon child.. ;)

servenrichie
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Which is it?

Is it WHAT Elena said?

Or is it the fact that she said it on TV?Man you are like a pitbull. Dont you know when to quit?
Have you no shame?:tape:

servenrichie
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I don't know if Elena was rude but her remark certainly was tacky. Post-match comments of a subjective nature should be limited to oneself and the opponent. Since Venus was not on the court today there was no reason to mention her at all especially in such a patronizing context.:worship: :worship: :worship:

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:24 PM
well, Serena mentioned Venus as well... Not in the same context, but still?

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Man you are like a pitbull. Dont you know when to quit?

What is shameful about what I posted?

Secondly, it takes two to argue/discuss. This whole thread is only perpetuated when you keep coming back to it. Wouldn't that make you a "pitbull" also? Or is it only okay for you to keep coming back because you can't stand to not have the last word?

I'm just trying to understand where you people are coming from. First, it sounded like Williams fans were upset because of WHAT Elena said. Now, the story seems to be that Williams fans are upset because Elena said that in public. Which is it? Like I said, Elena didn't say anything that some Williams fans have not already said.

smarties
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I'm just trying to understand where you people are coming from. First, it sounded like Williams fans were upset because of WHAT Elena said. Now, the story seems to be that Williams fans are upset because Elena said that in public. Which is it? Like I said, Elena didn't say anything that some Williams fans have not already said.

None of the above, Williams's fans are just pissed off cause Dementieva beat Venus so now they start picking at every word she says or things she does :rolleyes: and start calling her names :rolleyes: I feel like I'm back in kindergarden... It was the same thing when Justine beat Serena, that's why there so much Juju haters now on the board.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM
No, it´s just that Elena shouldn´t have questioned Venus´s injury in the first place.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
:lol: Elena reminds me of that bitch who bumped into venus at the 97 us open semis..they LOOK like sisters..same ICEY nasty stares at anything that sets eyes on them.. :lol: I forget her name though..i think she retired a few years ago to give berth to a demon child.. ;)
ROFL - that was Irina Spirlea - and she was just a bitch to everyone, so she's cool :)

DeDe4925
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Where's the circular logic? You still haven't explained it. That quote in the middle is NOT circular logic. If anything, it's a misinterpretation of what you said regarding the word "unsuccessfully." Your original statement is open to interpretation. I chose one interpretation, then you implied that you meant another. Then, you latch onto this difference of interpretation and label it as "circular logic." Sorry, but it ain't. Tell me, what's "circular" about the statment?

You can't even DEFINE circular logic, can you? If you can't define it, then you can't apply it. Define it.
Circular logic at it's finest, once again.

You wanted an example, I gave you one and you hit me with some more circular logic. There was no room for misinterpretation of what I said. It was plain on it's face. But, what you tried to do was use circular logic to defend your circular logic. Once again, it was unsuccessful.

You said you didn't use circular logic. You said you misinterpreted my original statement, because it is open to interpretation. Since you misinterpreted my statement, because it is open to interpretation, you did not use circular logic. It seems logical, but the argument is invalid because 1) you want the audience to take your word that the original statement is open to interpretation merely because you CLAIM to have misinterpreted it, 2)you failed to give examples of how the statement could have been misinterpreted and 3)you don't explain how it is not circular logic. You try to deflect the reader's attention off of you and back on to the accuser in implying that the accuser intentionally used a statement open for interpretation so that she could catch you misinterpreting the statement and once again accuse you of circular logic.

I'm sorry, but you give me far too much credit. It takes a criminal mind to think that far ahead. :lol:

Okay, here's the definition: "Also known as a circular argument, or circular reasoning, begging the question in its original form describes a type of logical fallacy in which the evidence given for a proposition contains the proposition itself."

Let's see, now how shall I apply it. You said, you said you don't use circular logic, I said you did, but unsuccessfully. Your counter was that if you didn't use circular logic successfully, than you must not use circular logic at all. You used the proposition to prove itself.

I should never have said that you use circular logic unsuccessfully, because that statement is redundant. Circular logic is in and of itself, unpersuasive and logically invalid.

Now, can we end this silly debate. I've defined circular logic, given examples of your use of it and why you're not successful at it.

sweetpinks
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:31 PM

It was very clear today that Elena has trouble being funny in English. Humour is highly cultural, and one should have a very good command of the language and social norms before making quips. If she really intends no harm, she should steer away from the jokes.
I watched the match and I think she was so embarassed she was just trying to be funny, it probably did not come across that way but I doubt she mean to be mean or anything

DeDe4925
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:35 PM
What is shameful about what I posted?

Secondly, it takes two to argue/discuss. This whole thread is only perpetuated when you keep coming back to it. Wouldn't that make you a "pitbull" also? Or is it only okay for you to keep coming back because you can't stand to not have the last word?

You are not trying to understand anything. You are trying to figure out another way to disrespect the Williams' fans. You're so transparent cheesedip. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Apr 7th, 2004, 12:33 AM

Which is it?

Is it WHAT Elena said?

Or is it the fact that she said it on TV?

BOTH

mykarma
Apr 7th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Man you are like a pitbull. Dont you know when to quit?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: