PDA

View Full Version : OMG..What a b$tch

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Another digg at Venus...:mad:

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah I caught that.....I think she was trying to be funny , I'm not sure though. She still complimented Serena though.

esquímaux
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
:tape:

Glenn
What did she do?

nubienne459
So did I!!! the little Beeyatch!!!!

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
the comment wasn't meant as an insult to venus.. it was more of an insult to herself

Infiniti2001
AWWWW!! don't take it too hard-- it was not an insult.. Serena acknowledge the other 3 time champ in the audience, so it's all good :bounce:

WtaTour4Ever
....she said something about "too bad I don't have a little sister to play for me today" something to that effect.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
What did she do?
Oh too bad I dont have a younger sister to player for me...:rolleyes:

Dava
think thats Elena tyring to be funny not a bitch, it probably just didnt come accorss that way.

Tennis Fool
That's not a dig. That's just the truth about her bad play.

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
Shame on you CG. Didn't you know a knock on the Sisters is never truly a knock?

It's always someone trying to be funny or someone saying something in the heat of the match and then recanting in an interview... it's always explanable ;)

tennnisfannn
Serena wasn't playing for Venus, she was playing for herself.

DemWilliamsGulls
She was trying to be funny ya'lll...dont blow it out of proportion...man...lol....ya'll sound like some people on the American Idol message boards.

Infiniti2001
think thats Elena tyring to be funny not a bitch, it probably just didnt come accorss that way.

I agree. To me it's an indirect compliment :shrug:

XaDavK_Kapri
I think she was misunderstood

Mrs. Peel
Oh too bad I dont have a younger sister to player for me...:rolleyes:
I'm still open for explanations...but when she said it I wondered what the hell does she mean by that?!?!? :confused:

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
She was trying to be funny ya'lll...dont blow it out of proportion...man...lol....ya'll sound like some people on the American Idol message boards.
You realize you spelled Williams wrong in your sig??;)

jay_k
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:17 PM
she didn't say that to be mean i think

BK4ever
I thought she was trying to be funny...what was bitchy was how she couldnt even look Princess Rena in the face when they shook hands or acknowledge what Princess Rena said to her

LindsayRulez
She wasn't taking a cut at Venus this time or before - some people HERE just like to make controversy and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Serena was too good today and Elena admitted that.

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I didn't hear that.

That is why you see all the gloating on this board from the Williams fans.

Why does she have to be such a bitch when speakinga about Venus?

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I'm still open for explanations...but when she said it I wondered what the hell does she mean by that?!?!? :confused:uhh.. that she played like poo and was a bit embarrassed by her horrible play

Raj
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM
Lol Dementieva your too funny!
Please you guys dont take this comment out of context!
i think its funny.
What was the crowds reaction to that comment bTW?

Plus just finished watching the match on eurosport but they did not show the presentation ceremony. Quick word on the match- it was pure torture watching Elena serve! Serena did nothing special, she didnt have to, Elena must be feeling terrible right now!

alextreiber04
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Who cares? Serena won. I'm happy :D :yeah:! Welcome back to the Queen of Tennis!

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
It was a dig. But she's Russian and they use dry humor. Glad she got stomped out. No matter what she says - she got beat like she stole something.

OUT!
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:21 PM
I thought she was trying to be funny...what was bitchy was how she couldnt even look Princess Rena in the face when they shook hands or acknowledge what Princess Rena said to herBut that was probably because she felt incredibly deflated after such a comprehensive defeat.

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
wow some willies fans are so sensitive and then go around and tell everyone to lighten up... totally pathetic

obviously Elena was making fun of herself of how badly she played....

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Elena is always taking slight digs at the sister. I understand humor and I know when people are using it, but I think Dementieva is just a bitch towards Venus and Serena.

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
wow some willies fans are so sensitive and then go around and tell everyone to lighten up... totally pathetic

obviously Elena was making fun of herself of how badly she played....:worship: THANK YOU!! :worship:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:24 PM

Yeah, ok, Elena accused them of fixing matches 4 years ago, then said Venus was acting in her injury and now this - since Venus needed her little sister to beat Elena.

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, ok, Elena accused them of fixing matches 4 years ago, then said Venus was acting in her injury and now this - since Venus needed her little sister to beat Elena.

blah blah... sue her.:rolleyes:

Bonfire
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
come on...serena is a famous younger tennis sibbling...and elena played like crap today..and was trying to be funny at her own expense by saying that she wished she had a younger sister who couldv'e played the match for her and did better than she managed to do...

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
blah blah... sue her.:rolleyes:
?? There's nothign to sue over?

She didn't do anything legally wrong, so I don't understand your level of thinking.

I can, however, call her what she is, and that is a bitch :)

Rocketta
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:29 PM
:zzz: not another try to understand where Elena is coming from?

The sky was blue. The moon was in the 7th house! The crow was circling to the right. Her toe hurt. She played like shit. The timeout threw her off. The question wasn't right. She just lost. She just won. :rolleyes:

Ok can we just say. Elena just doesn't know what the hell she says at any given moment....:lol:

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:29 PM

She didn't do anything legally wrong, so I don't understand your level of thinking.

so I guess, I can do it too... you're an idiot.

Rocketta
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM
and I'm sure that truly hurt his feelings...:lol:

mykarma
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM

It may have been obvious to you but not to all. Maybe they're sensitive because of the history, something you obviously don't understand.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Please clarify how I'm an idiot. I have laid out quiet a strong case against Dementieva's ability at being a bitch, but I'm unsure as to how you can define me as an idiot.

:kiss: and thanks Rocketta for getting my back

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
here we go again... rasism, slavery and so on... if only Lena knew she'd cause a WWIII when making that innocent joke (a vibe at herself more than anybody else)

mykarma
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:34 PM

Why sue her anyway, Serena kicked her behind royally in front of the world.

Go Serena!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tumbleweed
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
looking forward to the clay season! Serena meets Justine, encore!!!!! ;)

*doing my chicken imitation*:bokbokbokbokbokbbbooookkkkk!!!!

Rocketta
here we go again... rasism, slavery and so on... if only Lena knew she'd cause a WWIII when making that innocent joke (a vibe at herself more than anybody else)
Thanks admitting you have nothing further to say....

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
I don't think anyone has accused Elena of being a racist nor the cause of slavery and certainly not WWIII, which hasn't even occured.

If anything your posts are showing a personality for borderline idoicy.

harloo
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:37 PM
WTF are you talking about?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CJ07
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
oh come on, She was just trying to be funny

mykarma

The sky was blue. The moon was in the 7th house! The crow was circling to the right. Her toe hurt. She played like shit. The timeout threw her off. The question wasn't right. She just lost. She just won. :rolleyes:

Ok can we just say. Elena just doesn't know what the hell she says at any given moment....:lol:

:lol: That says it all :wavey:

sartrista7
Please clarify how I'm an idiot. I have laid out quiet a strong case against Dementieva's ability at being a bitch, but I'm unsure as to how you can define me as an idiot.

Except, you haven't laid out a strong case at all. I hope you're not considering a career in law.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:39 PM
I don't think anyone has accused Elena of being a racist nor the cause of slavery and certainly not WWIII, which hasn't even occured.

If anything your posts are showing a personality for borderline idoicy.

BORDERLINE?!?!?!? Tenn Ace is a full on idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:

VS Fan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
I am glad Serena won but it would have been nice to have seen a more competetive match.

Elena's Serve was absolutely horrible, but her ground strokes were rather good.
It is hard to believe Venus lost in a match vs that serve.

One thing for certain. Serena was BROKEN twice in this match. If Elena could have held serve she could have won.

Serena can not depend on other players losing serve 4-6 times.

Serena should not have lost serve vs this player.

Serena IS still rusty, If Elena can fix here serve, she can remain in the top ten.

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
This was Russian humour at play. After 1/6 - 1/6, you need something like that to keep your head high and give a decent speech to the very crowd which was watching your debacle.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Except, you haven't laid out a strong case at all. I hope you're not considering a career in law.
I'm not considering a career in law, so no need to worry, but I know specifically of three instances where Elena has dissed Venus, this being the third. If Elena was a general bitch, like Sesil, then I would enjoy the digs, but when she has it "out" for Venus specifically, I'm calling her on her shit.

-She accused them of fixing their matches four years ago

-She accused Venus of not truly being injured in their match

-and of course today's "little sister' comment

I think that more than enough proves if anything she is a bitch towards Venus.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:42 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:43 PM
I am glad Serena won but it would have been nice to have seen a more competetive match.

Elena's Serve was absolutely horrible, but her ground strokes were rather good.
It is hard to believe Venus lost in a match vs that serve.

One thing for certain. Serena was BROKEN twice in this match. If Elena could have held serve she could have won.

Serena can not depend on other players losing serve 4-6 times.

Serena should not have lost serve vs this player.

Serena IS still rusty, If Elena can fix here serve, she can remain in the top ten.a competitive match would have been nice.. :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:44 PM
Of course, I got a negative rep, but from all people, Sergei (theboiledegg) gave it to me! I have the utmost respect for him too :o

CC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:47 PM
I thought she was trying to be funny...what was bitchy was how she couldnt even look Princess Rena in the face when they shook hands or acknowledge what Princess Rena said to herShe didn't look Venus in the face either when she was approaching the net. I noticed because it was odd how she made great effort to look all over except straight ahead.

GoDominique
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Of course, I got a negative rep, but from all people, Sergei (theboiledegg) gave it to me! I have the utmost respect for him too :o
Sorry, but it's not undeserved. You sound a bit paranoid here. Come on ... 3 "incidents" (if you wanna call them that) in 4 years, that's not very much.

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
I'm not considering a career in law, so no need to worry, but I know specifically of three instances where Elena has dissed Venus, this being the third. If Elena was a general bitch, like Sesil, then I would enjoy the digs, but when she has it "out" for Venus specifically, I'm calling her on her shit.

I think that more than enough proves if anything she is a bitch towards Venus.stop the madness..
-venus DID hurt her ankle/foot.. you clearly saw that on tv.. but she started moving better..~you can understand why elena made that comment..
-the "little sister" comment was a poor attempt at being funny
-EVERYTHING elena says is NOT a dig at venus
:D

CC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Sorry, but it's not undeserved. You sound a bit paranoid here. Come on ... 3 "incidents" (if you wanna call them that) in 4 years, that's not very much.
How many incidents did it take to condemn Justine H-H?

vettipooh
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I think Elena was so embarrassed by her play,that she attempted a shot at comic relief.Also it might have been an attempt to make light of her earlier comments about Venus,after the QF match.No biggie.Serena's still the winner!!!!

sartrista7
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM

I think that more than enough proves if anything she is a bitch towards Venus.

Nothing wrong with having it out for anyone specific... but I don't consider three quotes in three years, one of them very tenuous, as evidence of a 'vendetta' in any case. If you don't like players bearing personal grudges, I suggest you turn your attention to the Patty vs Anna feud, which is actually real.

The match-fixing quite was more ignorant than nasty, and Lena made it when she was a kid; the injury comment was perfectly understandable given Venus's play after it happened; and I still don't understand how today's comment can even be twisted into anything approaching a dig.

Oh, and should it matter I'm a fan of both Lena and Venus.

TennisPower got it exactly right.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Don´t matter...not even if she had sent her mama, she wouldn´t have won the match.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
I am just glad that Serena wupped her ass like she stole something out of Orance's Prada purse...:lol:

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM

No!! I thought he was the board Saint :haha: :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Bye Bye Elena! :wavey:

Once again saying bad things agasint the sister will make you go down! You don't mess with V & S!

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:21 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, she tried to make a dig at Venus. But, my favorite part was when Serena put in a dig of her own at Elena. She said, "yes, I'd like to congratulate Elena for a FEW good matches". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WF4EVER
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:49 PM
I'm sure Vee will be cooking Serena an especially delicious lamb chop dinner for the beatdown she put on that girl. What's I find the funniest is that she was able to break Serena not once but twice and couldn't hold her serve for a dime.

Good job, Serena. There's nothing like having a little motivation. I guess Ms. Dementieva now knows who's the real actress.

Veritas
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I thought she was trying to be funny...what was bitchy was how she couldnt even look Princess Rena in the face when they shook hands or acknowledge what Princess Rena said to her

Maybe you should look at the picture moo_ont posted and you'll see Elena smiling at Serena before they went to shake hands.

She complimented Serena and admitted that she was outplayed in every aspect of the game. She was honest.

What more do you want?

Captain.Canada
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:53 AM
What's the feud between Anna & Patty?

Madhuri
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Elena has never liked the sisters. She once said that if she and Venus played at 100% she (Elena) would win. She seems to take her losses to the sisters particularly hard as do many of the Russian players for some reason. Like Anna, a lot of the Russians think they are better than the Williams even in a loss. Perhaps it stems from their mistaken belief that the Williams don't think on the court and are merely hitting the ball hard. This mistaken belief has been disproved by the sisters many times as they contiinually outwit and outhit the Russians. It must hurt Elena's pride to lose to players she thinks are mentally inferior hence her sour grapes reactions and ridiculous accusations.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Elena has never liked the sisters. She once said that if she and Venus played at 100% she (Elena) would win. She seems to take her losses to the sisters particularly hard as do many of the Russian players for some reason. Like Anna, a lot of the Russians think they are better than the Williams even in a loss. Perhaps it stems from their mistaken belief that the Williams don't think on the court and are merely hitting the ball hard. This mistaken belief has been disproved by the sisters many times as they contiinually outwit and outhit the Russians. It must hurt Elena's pride to lose to players she thinks are mentally inferior hence her sour grapes reactions and ridiculous accusations.

:worship: :worship:

Berlin_Calling
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Im sure Serena or Venus did not think twice of it and if they did, they were probably over it hours ago. But people here are paranoid enough to take one tiny comment, and blow it out of proportion making it seem like Elena tried to murder the sisters or something. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Im sure Serena or Venus did not think twice of it and if they did, they were probably over it hours ago. But people here are paranoid enough to take one tiny comment, and blow it out of proportion making it seem like Elena tried to murder the sisters or something. :rolleyes:
Venus did think twice about it, she commented on it. :rolleyes:

fammmmedspin
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Interesting. This explains the old point that many Americans don't understand irony or european humour in general. Some Americans see things in any use of irony that the person making the joke never intended - so no one in America dares use irony - so Americans never learn to understand it. Unfortunately it tells more us about the sociology of America than it does about Elena.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Interesting. This explains the old point that many Americans don't understand irony or european humour in general. Some Americans see things in any use of irony that the person making the joke never intended - so no one in America dares use irony - so Americans never learn to understand it. Unfortunately it tells more us about the sociology of America than it does about Elena.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Berlin_Calling
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Venus did think twice about it, she commented on it. :rolleyes:
OBVIOUSLY I wasnt talking about that comment because OBVIOUSLY this thread's original point was about today's 'little sister' comment. Think before you post please :rolleyes:

Veritas
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:43 AM

:lol:

To be fair, it's "European humour", so you really can't expect every American, Asian or African to accept or understand European culture.

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:46 AM

Yep. There are certain people (not just Americans though) that look for anything that can be taken out of context, then they do take it out of context. Some people just have a chip on their shoulder. And while it's tempting to slam them, we should probably try to understand where they're coming from. I often have a hard time doing that. But that doesn't mean that they're necessarily justified for feeling that way, since they don't try to understand where we're coming from either.

I think Elena's comment (a joke on herself) was just taken out of context. Certain fans don't like anyone to make any kind of joke involving their fav, even if the joke is at their fav's opponent's expense. But, it happens, so they only end up making themselves angry over it.

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Lol Dementieva your too funny!
Please you guys dont take this comment out of context!
i think its funny.
What was the crowds reaction to that comment bTW?

Plus just finished watching the match on eurosport but they did not show the presentation ceremony. Quick word on the match- it was pure torture watching Elena serve! Serena did nothing special, she didnt have to, Elena must be feeling terrible right now!
Someone may have already answered this, but the crowd laughed, it was not a "dig" at Venus, it was making fun of herself for her rude comment earlier in the week.

Chance
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:48 AM
I agree with Joshua L....to me, Dementieva is bitchy when it comes to Venus.

That comment may have been her attempt at a joke, but I don't see why she had to involove Venus in it.

She definitely needs to work on her sense of humour.