PDA

View Full Version : Can Dementieva lose a match when she's on the court alone?

Glenn
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Seriously.
Picture her standing on the court with no opponent on the other side, can she still lose that match?
The serve from the other player will be simulated by a ball machine.
My vote is yes.

goldenlox
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Elena is #7 in the world next week. And she's just coming back from an injury. She hasn't played since Paris.

Vass22
Seriously.
Picture her standing on the court with no opponent on the other side, can she still lose that match?
My vote is yes.
Her groundies are way too good.

harloo
Seriously.
My vote is yes.
I think Serena intimidated her somewhat. When someone puts so much pressure on your serve and you cannot really reply you make more double faults.

diekedelver
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
I don't have much confidence in the footwork of that ball machine :o

so : yes :)

harloo
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
Her groundies are way too good.
I will agree, her groundies are good but the serve nowadays is the most important in women's tennis.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah she lost the game mentaly in the first place.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
I'm going to cry. We should all pity her.

goldenlox
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
I'm going to cry. We should all pity her.
Elena gets a check for $210,000. No reason to feel pity. The better player won.

BK4ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
The difference in this match is that Elena came up against someone who was going after her second serve with success...usually she actually wins points off of it because its so slow that it throws people off..but today, Serena shortened her backswing and didnt really go for winners off it...but got it back deep...

After that she just felt so much pressure on it and her whole game fell apart. I still think she has some of the best groundies on the tour.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM
After that she just felt so much pressure on it and her whole game fell apart. I still think she has some of the best groundies on the tour.

I do too...some were just smokin today but then so inconsistant....terrible!! :o