PDA

View Full Version : Serena!!!

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:02 PM
She wins her first tournament back from injury in one of the worst finals ever in Key Biscayne. She drubbed Elena Dementieva 6-1, 6-1.

ys
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Awesome match by Serena. Everything just clicked for her today. Every time it looked like Elena is trying to do something Serena would catch a line or corner and that was really demoralizing for Elena.

Elena really was a pale shadow of herself. And serve was a relatively small problem. She was missing tons of her bread-and-butter shots, so uncharacteristically, I don't seem to remember her ever missing so many groundstrokes and it is not that she had to handle too much of pace from Serena, against Venus she had to deal with more pace - it is just that her feet were not moving at all today. That, I think, what lost her the match - nerves - that she was petrified and could not make herself move. Of course, serve contributed too. But that will be good lesson for Elena and Olga nonetheless. They'll be back strong.

And congrats Serena! You are awesome!

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:08 PM
No....it was just that she faced my return and with that serve, you ain´t beating Serena. SIMPLE!!

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
She wins her first tournament back from injury in one of the worst finals ever in Key Biscayne. She drubbed Elena Dementieva 6-1, 6-1.

DID SHE!!!! Man i was like...somebody please rescue elena off the court. On the real..Elena has some potential to be tough...that serve was her problem. But SERENA...GOod lawed...she handed a L elena in the worst way. SHE BACK lil chriz...she's back :worship:

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
DID SHE!!!! Man i was like...somebody please rescue elena off the court. On the real..Elena has some potential to be tough...that serve was her problem. But SERENA...GOod lawed...she handed a L elena in the worst way. SHE BACK lil chriz...she's back :worship:
I was starting to feel sorry for Elena but then I remembered what she said about Venus faking her injury and I came back to earth.

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
i was so close to crying.....i'm so happy for her :)

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:18 PM
I wish the match had been more competitive. I do feel bad for Elena because no one wants to play a final like that and the main problem was her serve. Elena should give her coach more time and more to work with to fix that serve.

Anyway, I'm happy Serena won, but I'm waiting for the top 5 players in the world to present a bigger challenge so Serena can see where she is at and where she isn't and all that jazz.

Congrats babygirl!

selesfan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:24 PM
Congrats Serena:bounce:

OUT!
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Serena is back with a vengeance, now the fun truly starts :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM
Awesome match by Serena. Everything just clicked for her today. Every time it looked like Elena is trying to do something Serena would catch a line or corner and that was really demoralizing for Elena.

Elena really was a pale shadow of herself. And serve was a relatively small problem. She was missing tons of her bread-and-butter shots, so uncharacteristically, I don't seem to remember her ever missing so many groundstrokes and it is not that she had to handle too much of pace from Serena, against Venus she had to deal with more pace - it is just that her feet were not moving at all today. That, I think, what lost her the match - nerves - that she was petrified and could not make herself move. Of course, serve contributed too. But that will be good lesson for Elena and Olga nonetheless. They'll be back strong.

And congrats Serena! You are awesome!
If you don't think her serve was a big problem, I think you have a few problems.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:31 PM
I wish the match had been more competitive. I do feel bad for Elena because no one wants to play a final like that and the main problem was her serve. Elena should give her coach more time and more to work with to fix that serve.

Anyway, I'm happy Serena won, but I'm waiting for the top 5 players in the world to present a bigger challenge so Serena can see where she is at and where she isn't and all that jazz.

Congrats babygirl!

I was hoping for Elena to step it up. I know she has it in her, she plays eons better than that. It looked like when she broke that she was on a momentum but then....I didn't expect nor want to see such a match but...

CONGRATS SERENA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ys
If you don't think her serve was a big problem, I think you have a few problems.
What I tried to say is that her serve was not any worse than it usually is. It's just that this time it has not been backed up by her ground game at all. And that was the key difference.

Stefwhit
Serena, you make us fans proud!!!! Congrats!!!! She won today "Steffi-Style"....

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:50 PM
:lol: :rolls: What, what?! Anybody expected any different?!

Kabezya
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
I was hoping for Elena to step it up. I know she has it in her, she plays eons better than that. It looked like when she broke that she was on a momentum but then....I didn't expect nor want to see such a match but...

CONGRATS SERENA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah, it's wasn't a fun match to watch. I'm glad Serena won, but Elena gave her nothing to work against. I'm glad Serena is back, but I want better players for her to match up her return up with. Either way, she won and I'm very happy with how she's progressed.

Tratree
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Congrats on the Threepeat, Serena :) Welcome back....you were missed :bounce:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
And the legend continues...

Bezz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Congrats Serena, i thought she would be challenged more but Elena's serve is just pants :cool: .

Can't wait for Serena versus justine/kim/jenn/lindsay/amelie/venus/myskina matches :bounce: :bounce: