PDA

View Full Version : Serena is not winning this match....

Andrew.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Elena is losing it. Damn. She is playing like a player outside of the top 50.

Billabong
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:55 PM
Terrible match, I agree... 1-6, 0-5.... :sad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:55 PM
HAHAHHAA of course she's winning didnt you see the scores... here come the excuses already! LOL!

Face it Elena barely got by Venus and ran into someone who didnt have as many serve problems as she does.

Stefwhit
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:59 PM
It's just SO hard for peeps to give Serena her props, I guess that's what fans are for. I do have to tell you though- It sure feels good to be a Serena fan these days!!!!!

azinna
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
Elena played poorly, in part, due to fear and pressure. Rena hit enough of her serves and shots to remind Elena that she was playing against "Serena." The rest is mental history.

DEETHELICK
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
Kinda, Serena is hitting her serve well and doing the key things right. Elena was a UE and DF machine.

Never mind, Elena can only learn from this.

Good luck next time Elena! :)

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM

What rubbish!!! Granted Elena played like crap, but Serena did what she had to, just like Elena did when Venus was playing like shit :rolleyes:

SerenaSlam
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
when i looked at the stats i expected about 20 more errors from Elena than Serena, but she only had 8 more errors. If you take away her 9 double faults, you would see that from the groud She made the same amount of errors that serena did out there today.

It was all really about her serve. Her ground game in my opinion wasn't all that bad, and when you play against serena everyone knows serena is all about serena she doesn't let you dictate or really play her game. In the end it was the serve that const Elena.

pav
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Not getting into this , but to say both Willies have been famous for years with their ' no credit to who beat Me ,I just played bad' press conferences

SerenaSlam
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
What rubbish!!! Granted Elena played like crap, but Serena did what she had to, just like Elena did when Venus was playing like shit :rolleyes:
thats bascially how it work with venus and serena. you cannot mention that they played really crappy in a loss with 51 errors, but the player that beat them, when they loose, oh it works then, no problem or complaining :rolleyes:

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
and they say Willie fans make excuses :lol:

frickin hypocrite :)

WF4EVER
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:02 PM
I didn't get to see the match so I can't comment on who played well or who played badly, but obviously Serena did what she needed to do to produce a humiliating loss for her opponent.

I was shocked at the small number of winners Serena had by 3-0 in the second set. I don't even think she had ten yet, and Dementieva had about 8. That was truly shocking to me considering the Williams' ability to hit huge numbers of winners, especially when you've got a scoreline of 6-0 3-0.

I saw Serena vs Eleni and I could see she was struggling and I thought she'd have to put up a fight to beat Elena. What a disgrace!

As Serena says she goes out there and takes care of her business. That's exactly what she did. Congratulations Serena!

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:09 PM
She goes out and takes care of business. You got that one right!! No kidding around here...just told Elena D to get away from here with that excuse for a serve!!!

BigTennisFan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:54 PM
Not getting into this , but to say both Willies have been famous for years with their ' no credit to who beat Me ,I just played bad' press conferences
Alligator shit! :(