PDA

View Full Version : The reason why Serena has the intidimidation factor...

alextreiber04
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
and Venus doesn't. And it's not only because Venus isn't winning as much as she used to now but because Serena has that kind of look on her face...I don't know how to say it..but its more of a 'I'm gonna fuck you up so bad..' kind of look. I think that if Venus wants to get back to her A-game, she has to be like she was at Wimbledon even though she did lose the final it was pretty close. When she played vs. Srebotnik the emotion she showed (:hug: ) But I don't really know how to describe it...

7~ŒLęV3ņ―
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
no wonder why the top player at the moment thinks that ms Venus is more intimidating...!!!

I think that if you are gonna play them the first few times, you would be more scared of Serena than ms Venus, but if you have lost/played to them a lot of times, I guess, they would be more scared of ms Venus than Serena.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Serena sends the message that you ainīt gonna win today. Thatīs it....look how she always begins her matches with aces...plus her fist pumps and screams. Intimidating.

Paneru
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
...but if you have lost/played to them a lot of times, I guess, they would be more scared of ms Venus than Serena.

I think that is/was the case with Justine against Venus and Serena.
She only beat Venus the first time they played quite easily,
though it was on clay. She has beaten Serena I think twice(?)
on clay.

She said playing Venus was more difficult because Venus
is hard to read. She doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve as readily as
Serena does. That makes it harder to know when to take your chances and when not to. Also, Venus can be a wild card at times, not knowing just exactly what you're going to be getting.

Venus may not be as intimidating today as she once was but
she is most definitely not to be taken likely. And I think she in some circumstances may be more dangerous because you never know on which given day which "Venus" you're going to get.

She may not be as feared but I'd argue that none of the top players want
to take that chance, regarding wheather or not her special seeding will be extended by the WTA or not.

I think she is slowly and steadily improving but, still irratic and inconsistent
but, still lethal and dangerous and maybe even more so as I said depending on which day you happen to catch her on at this point in her comeback!

I've learned never to underestimate the heart of a champion!

Experimentee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
I think both Serena and Venus have an intimidation factor. I think the same of Justine too. I'm not sure why you think players are not intimidated by Venus. Zheng in Miami even admitted that she was intimidated by Venus, even when its known that Venus was rusty.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
I think that is/was the case with Justine against Venus and Serena.
She only beat Venus the first time they played quite easily,
though it was on clay. She has beaten Serena I think twice(?)
on clay.

She said playing Venus was more difficult because Venus
is hard to read. She doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve as readily as
Serena does. That makes it harder to know when to take your chances and when not to. Also, Venus can be a wild card at times, not knowing just exactly what you're going to be getting.

Venus may not be as intimidating today as she once was but
she is most definitely not to be taken likely. And I think she in some circumstances may be more dangerous because you never know on which given day which "Venus" you're going to get.

She may not be as feared but I'd argue that none of the top players want
to take that chance, regarding wheather or not her special seeding will be extended by the WTA or not.

I think she is slowly and steadily improving but, still irratic and inconsistent
but, still lethal and dangerous and maybe even more so as I said depending on which day you happen to catch her on at this point in her comeback!

I've learned never to underestimate the heart of a champion!

No itīs more that she has beaten Serena on clay, so she has that confidence. She didnīt exactly look confident at wimbledon, did she?!

Chandafan13
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:56 PM
i think its several things that make rena seem more intimedating than venus. some of it is that aura that she's putting off, like a myth-and-legend thing where just playing her scares players. venus's slump lately gives the other girls that confidence that hey, i have a shot here because she hasn't been up to her a game lately. but the thing that i think pushes serena as the more intimidating player is that she has more self confidence and tends to keep that fighting face on even in her darkest hour of a match, where you can just see venus starting to go slowly but surely.. regardless they're both great players and are at two very different stages in their careers.

Stefwhit
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:46 PM
The top players confidently boast an aura about them that can't be denied- Serena has "that" in SPADES.... So too, does Justine. A few good results from Venus and she'll have it back as well, guarenteed!

harloo
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:56 PM
I think Serena intimidates her opponents, because you know you are going to be in for a tough time when you play her. Demented was scared of Serena today, you could see it in her body language.

IMO, on clay is where you can get Serena. And I think she will get better on the surface, but if her in H-H meet up on the surface right now I will give H-H the edge. Anything other than clay, Serena wins.

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
It's everyting everybody posted. Plus++++++++++++ they know she hates losing - and set up a mechanism in themselves where they begin doubting their skill. From there it is down hill.

Brαm
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
I don't think Justine has the intimidation factor :shrug:

It's not her screaming or pumping fists that intimidate her opponents, it's her game! ;)

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
It's simple. In any endeavour, your reputation always precedes you. If you're an established and consistent winner, any prospective opponent thinks twice (sometimes more) before doing anything against you.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Itīs just....you know you ainīt gonna win against her. Simple.