PDA

View Full Version : The fact of the matter is...

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Players lose. Justine loses. Kim loses. Venus loses. Serena loses. THEY ALL LOSE.

So when it happens its not such a big deal. What matters is Winning tournaments. That is the win that matters not a single match. Yes its nice to beat players and move up in the tournament but if you dont WIN the whole thing then who cares?

History doesn't remember the aussie open finalist or semifinalists they remember the winner.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Players lose. Justine loses. Kim loses. Venus loses. Serena loses. THEY ALL LOSE.

So when it happens its not such a big deal. What matters is Winning tournaments. That is the win that matters not a single match. Yes its nice to beat players and move up in the tournament but if you dont WIN the whole thing then who cares?

History doesn't remember the aussie open finalist or semifinalists they remember the winner.
Nicely said....
What's your point man? :) :confused:

pigam
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Mmmm.
What bothers me sometimes, though, is that is seems as if you can only be fan of a player who wins tournaments.
Well, some players don't win tournaments, but they're still great players, and they still have great fans.

I used to be a huge fan of Domi (Van Roost) Monami. Of course she won tournaments, but those big wins (e.g. against Hingis, 2x Davenport, ...) where great! When your fav doesn't win a tournament every month ((let alone nearly every week!) those big wins are great! Besides, a lot of players remember those big wins more than a tournament they've won.

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Mmmm.
What bothers me sometimes, though, is that is seems as if you can only be fan of a player who wins tournaments.
Well, some players don't win tournaments, but they're still great players, and they still have great fans.

I used to be a huge fan of Domi (Van Roost) Monami. Of course she won tournaments, but those big wins (e.g. against Hingis, 2x Davenport, ...) where great! When your fav doesn't win a tournament every month ((let alone nearly every week!) those big wins are great! Besides, a lot of players remember those big wins more than a tournament they've won.
Well said.:)

Experimentee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:00 PM
Exactly. I dont know why the whole board erupts with idiotic threads about retirement etc, every time Venus or whoever loses. Just relax, its normal for players to lose :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Nicely said....
What's your point man? :) :confused:

Cybe says she's a lady. Sup baby, you still mad at me? You won't be after Serena beatdown the finalist. Whats'er name anyway?

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:14 PM

Hah. Tell that to players like Roost, Petrova, Shaugnessy, Jeyasaleen etc. who dont win tournaments hardly at all, but have wins over big players. To them single matches matter.

Ballbuster
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Hah. Tell that to players like Roost, Petrova, Shaugnessy, Jeyasaleen etc. who dont win tournaments hardly at all, but have wins over big players. To them single matches matter.

So what, they get to simile and feel good for a minute - but they still leave the big dance Defeated and without a title.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:51 PM
It ainīt even about winning...itīs when they play great matches and give their all. One of the matches I enjoyed more by serena was the one she lost to Hingis at the Oz open ī01...great, great match.

Of course people lose...you canīt win them all, but as long as my fav gave his or her all, Iīm happy.

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:27 PM
So what, they get to simile and feel good for a minute - but they still leave the big dance Defeated and without a title.

So? For them the win is important and will be remembered by them and their fans forever. Not everyone is a top player and win bucketloads of titles. A win over a top player for an average player is just as important to them as a title is for a top player.

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM

Btw, I wish *I* could simile and feel good. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Yes matches matter because without winning matches you wont win a tournament. I see what your saying though.

Glenn
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:58 AM
It ainīt even about winning...itīs when they play great matches and give their all. One of the matches I enjoyed more by serena was the one she lost to Hingis at the Oz open ī01...great, great match.

Of course people lose...you canīt win them all, but as long as my fav gave his or her all, Iīm happy.
That's very nicely spoken, and highly unexpected of you... :)
*good rep*