PDA

View Full Version : Once and for all, Kim's V@S wins count, like it or not.

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM
In light of Elena Dementieva possibly being in a rare moment of beating the WIlliams sisters in the same tournament, it's driving me crazy that people keep saying that Kim Clijsters "victory" over Venus in the semis and Serena in the finals of the 2002 YEC do not count.

So let's get it straight once and for all. It does not matter if you, me the pope or the people of Seychelles Islands disagree, according to the rules of the WTA, Kim's 5-0 retired match against Venus counts as a win for Kim.

So unless sometime in the future the WTA says it's changing the rules and that "victory" does not count, Kim has officially beaten both sisters in the same tournament.

You may not like fine but that's the way it is...........DEAL WITH IT.

Mr_Molik
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:40 AM
if only she could do it in a slam........... :rolleyes:

azza
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:08 AM
im dealing just fine :lick: Kim :lick:

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Of course it counts.

Glenn
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Yea, of course it counts...

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:00 AM
Don't worry Elena's win would stop counting the moment she does it, if she does it. Certain fans would say that the sisters were off and all, completely forgetting thier own predictions before the matches.

Everything counts. Go Kim and do it again.

jenny161185
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
it counts -

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:20 PM
In light of Elena Dementieva possibly being in a rare moment of beating the WIlliams sisters in the same tournament, it's driving me crazy that people keep saying that Kim Clijsters "victory" over Venus in the semis and Serena in the finals of the 2002 YEC do not count.

So let's get it straight once and for all. It does not matter if you, me the pope or the people of Seychelles Islands disagree, according to the rules of the WTA, Kim's 5-0 retired match against Venus counts as a win for Kim.

So unless sometime in the future the WTA says it's changing the rules and that "victory" does not count, Kim has officially beaten both sisters in the same tournament.

You're 200% right. But it wont change anything.

for-sure
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Venus just retired cause she knew Kim was too good that day.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:19 PM

You must be crazy. Why wouldnt it count? The only time a match up result doesnt count is if there is a walkover because then the match never happens.

GoDominique
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah officially Kim has beaten both Venus and Serena. In reality she hasn't, but she might have done it. Who knows.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
You must be crazy. Why wouldnt it count? The only time a match up result doesnt count is if there is a walkover because then the match never happens.
Injury?

Experimentee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Whats the point of this thread? Everyone knows retirements go down officially, according to WTA.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Injury?
Lets put it this way when monica was stabbed on court and had to retire that counted for her opponent so yes of course then an injury still counts as a win for the other player. WHY WOULDNT IT!

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Whats the point of this thread? Everyone knows retirements go down officially, according to WTA.
The thread starter isn't so bright.

fried_beans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:40 PM
Officially she defeated them both...but in most people's minds it doens't count because only 5 games were played.

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
The thread starter isn't so bright.

No, he's just commenting on how many fans say that the win doesn't count. Nothing more.

Paneru
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
Venus just retired cause she knew Kim was too good that day.

:lol:

Rtael
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
She may have officially "defeated" them, but anyone with half a brain cell knows that it only counts on paper, not in real life.

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
No, he's just commenting on how many fans say that the win doesn't count. Nothing more.
LOL exactly........but then again that moron knows alot about being a dumbass now doesn't IT?

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:19 PM
She may have officially "defeated" them, but anyone with half a brain cell knows that it only counts on paper, not in real life.

Do you, Cybelle and lizchris go to the same school for Idiots? Just wondering.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
Of course, it counts TECHNICALLY, but some people, including me, feel that she didn't ACTUALLY WIN the match against Venus, because V wasn't healthy and couldn't even finish or play at any kind of high level for an extended period. Sure, technically she did beat them both, and the win does count, but did she really BEAT Venus? I don't think so.

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
Do you, Cybelle and lizchris go to the same school for Idiots? Just wondering.
There are a lot of names I can call you, but I won't, so keep them coming.

Technically, Kim's victory over Venus was a win, but even she admitted it didn't feel like a win to her.

BTW, how cmoe Kim has yet to win against either sister since that match?

Rtael
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Pfff....liz and Cybelle normally hate me and vice versa....so you know if we agree on something it has to be true. :wavey:

Jericho
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:54 PM
who saod that it didnt count officially???

Now if she really beat Venus is another question...i even recall Kim and some of her fans saying that it wasnt a true win...so go figure

UDiTY
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
So that makes Arantxa, Martina, and Kim(on paper) who have beaten both Williams' in the same tournament...and possibly Elena.

Come on Serena!!!:bounce: Elena isn't a good enough player to have that on her resume.

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:56 AM
There are a lot of names I can call you, but I won't, so keep them coming.

Technically, Kim's victory over Venus was a win, but even she admitted it didn't feel like a win to her.

BTW, how cmoe Kim has yet to win against either sister since that match?
Call me what you will it does not bother me.........

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:11 AM
No, he's just commenting on how many fans say that the win doesn't count. Nothing more.so if a fan says the earth is flat does that make it true or worthy of debate? no.

V&SGotItGoingOn
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Wow, seems like everyone so far has admitted that on some level, Kim's wins over both the Williams sisters counted. So I don't see where this big illusion is coming from that Williams fans are saying the wins didn't count. Of course the wins counted, Kim may have said she didn't really beat Venus, but Venus did conceit defeat...