PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva (2) def. Navratilova/Raymond (4)

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:40 AM
6-4, 6-4

LindsayRocks89
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:40 AM
i'm not to suprised ;)

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:41 AM
i'm not to suprised ;)
I'm not either.

fammmmedspin
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:42 AM
6-4, 6-4:) According to the stats:rolleyes: it was a doubles match where no one ever attacked the net:eek:

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:44 AM
:) According to the stats:rolleyes: it was a doubles match where no one ever attacked the net:eek:
I just saw that stat; that is strange.:eek:

arcus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:45 AM
looked like someone on the nav raymond team wasnt on form serving.
Seemed to me looking at the score board that the same person lost serve 3 times, but I could well be wrong.
I would guess it was nav. That serve.............. grrrrr
Unfortunatey, I think it'll get spanked in singles

Zummi
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:47 AM
I am surprised Martina & Lisa were able to play them this close. I had thought surely they would have been outclassed 6-1 6-2 or something like that. I think it was a good effort on their part.

But, congratulations, Sveta! I hope you win the tournament now :)

goldenlox
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:50 AM
Sveta/Lena have played 6 tournaments in 2004. This is their 6th final.

spencercarlos
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:56 AM
I just saw that stat; that is strange.:eek:
I dunno why DOUBLES stats on every scoreboard are always wrong. :fiery:

Rtael
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:12 AM
i'm not to suprised ;)

And I'm not too surprised with your spelling errors, either.

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
in doubles they never show net approaches stats because one of the partners is usually there.

btw, Martina held her serve only once in 4 tries.

Zummi
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:18 AM
Actually, Martina held twice out of four tries. In each set, she was broken in the third game and held in the 7th game. Lisa was broken once at 4-4 in the first.

arcus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
martina needs platform shoes and a rocket propelled serving racket.

Havok
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:34 AM
uh, doubles matches never have any stats for net points won:retard: it doesnt mean that they never won points at net

MrYonex
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:36 AM
Martina is a good player! I saw her in Toronto last year, and she is amazingly fit. Yes, her serve isn't that big, but c'mon, she is 47, give her some credit for being out there! I hope she does well in the Olympics this year!

arcus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:40 AM
Martina is a good player! I saw her in Toronto last year, and she is amazingly fit. Yes, her serve isn't that big, but c'mon, she is 47, give her some credit for being out there! I hope she does well in the Olympics this year!

Hey, im BRIM_FULL of respect. Want to see her do well.

But im thinking how good she can do this year, compared to last year.

I love the fact that shes out there at 47. Your supposed to be dead in tennis after 25. martina and agassi show that with good physical conditioning you can push your career way longer if you want.....

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:36 AM
Udachi Lena/Sveta :D :yeah:

I never thought they could make such a solid team :eek: :D

esquímaux
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:39 AM
And I'm not too surprised with your spelling errors, either. Hookd un fonikz vorked four mi

:lol:

Wonder how Martina likes them apples :lick:

skyrocket
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:43 AM
Good job Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva. Hopefully next time Navratilova/Raymond.

Fishnick
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:50 AM
I can not work out why Martina and Lisa decided staying back was a good thing. They both move to the net almost better than any other player on the tour and there natural instincts at the net are astonishing, but since they have joined together they have chosen to play most of there matches from the baseline. I remember some years ago when Martina was losing a match in singles at Wimbledon, some one yelled from the crowd "Throw your ball toss higher"..She did and won. Maybe someone needs to yell at those two to get to the net.

Tratree
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:57 AM
Not surprising after seeing both teams play at IW. Sveta and Elena were a much better team. A lot of people were surprised at the play of Nav and Raymond when they lost horribly to Myskina and Zvonareva. I'd pick Davenport and Morariu for the Olympics to go farther, but I can see where sentimentality would work for Martina N.

Mr_Molik
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:00 AM
well done sveta/elena
hopefully they can win a slam soon
does anyone no y elena split with cara black?

Jane
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:29 AM
Very impressive. Six finals in six tries as a team. Hope they make this their third title. Changing partners made sense for both Martina and Sveta since both want to make their respective Olympic teams this year.

jenny161185
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
I bet martina wish her and Sveta didnt part ways now! no one attacked net?that can t be right!

azza
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:19 AM
:help:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Well if they keep losing like this the pick for the doubles teams ain´t becoming that difficult for Zina....

flyingmachine
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
I hope Martina will be in the Olympics. :drool: Anway well done for Kuznetsova and Likhovtseva. Kuznetsova seems to be getting better all the time. :D I think the future is very bright for her.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:16 PM
Wow, so it REALLY was Svetlana carrying Martina N.... ´cause she hasn´t lost a beat since partying ways with Martina N, while the same CAN´T be said of Martina the N.