PDA

View Full Version : Why Serena Williams WILL NOT LOSE Saturday's Final Against Elena Dementieva

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:39 PM
I know that Serena will win on Saturday.

Not because of stupid jinxes

Not because of my profile name

Not because I think she's the best player on tour

Not because I know she has more fire than anyone (even Justine)

Not becuase she's going for a piece of history, and joining Steffi Graf in another elite stat group

...but BECAUSE CONSISTENTLY, SERENA HAS PLAYED BETTER TENNIS THAN DEMENTIEVA.

Look beyond your personal preferences and see that the stats clearly show that Serena will be the victor on Saturday afternoon.

I agree with many of you that Serena will win, but let me share some stats with all of you that you may not have known.....

Serena (through 5 matches) -averages 6.2 aces per match
Dementieva (through 5 matches) -3 total

Serena (...) -averages 1.8 Doubles per match
Dementieva (...) -averages 9.6

Serena (...) -averages a winners/unforced differential of +5.6 per match
Elena (...) -averages -8

During Elena's 3 Set Tie-break victory over Venus (while serving for the set @ 5-4 and being broken at love), Venus hit 51 unforced errors, Serena has never hit more than 34, also, Venus had 11 doubles faults, Serena's hit, at most, 4.

There's no way that Elena can possibly beat Serena, she has the serve, the ground strokes, the return game, and the x-factor: she belives and KNOWS that she'll win.

My pic: Serena in two, in less than 90 minutes

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:41 PM
I'd be surprised if Dementieva held more than three times.

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
Too many intagibles going on for Serena really.....and you picked them up nicely. The serve is gonna be toooo huge for Dementieva and Serena is the best returner out there. Donīt see her getting fooled like Venus was. Interesting really to see how it pans out.

Tratree
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
Stats are nice, but there is a reason they actually PLAY matches. You never know what can happen in a match. Obviously Serena is highly favored and probably will win, but you can't say for certainty.

fammmmedspin
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:20 AM
anything could happen - Petrova had similar stats but tiredness, nerves, the wind, or Dementieva beat her in 2 and Serena's 6-4 6-4 SF score was hardly overwhelming.

Bezz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
Like stats mean anything :rolleyes: . Serena is the favourite to win but that doesnt mean she definitley will. Deal with it. :cool:

antonella
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:26 AM
It's interesting that you phrase it will not lose rather than shall win. It's almost as if not losing is more important than winning.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:33 AM
anything could happen - Petrova had similar stats but tiredness, nerves, the wind, or Dementieva beat her in 2 and Serena's 6-4 6-4 SF score was hardly overwhelming.

In Petrova's loss to Dementieva, she had more than double the unforced errors of her previous match while Serena has remained constant at a reasonalbly level amount of unforced per match. I do agree that Serena could have an off day and Elena could be on, but the chances of Serena being that off are unlikely. Moreover, look at the MOTIVATION of Serena, she was on a quest for four slams in a row, and TWO TIMES faced elimination, but her DRIVE, DETERMINATION and overall MENTAL TOUGHNESS pulled her through. That's why Serena will win, because she has been able to put all that has happened to her in the last eight months behind her and play good tennis.

LindsayRocks89
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:37 AM
I agree with everything you said mrserenawilliams

Bezz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
I am gonna so love it when she loses, not becuase i dont like serena or want her to lose, but serena fans do exactly the same as venus ones, expect her to do so much, when really at this stage yu should be glad she is back up and healthy. I do expect her to win but i am not just gonna count out Elena as if she isnt even a factor in this, she just beat venus for the first time in a WTA event and just knocked out nadi who owned a 5-1 h-t-h record over her, she can play tennis aswell. I really hope it's a good match whether serena wins or not, nothing is certain to happen remember that ;) .

ys
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:48 AM
Blah..

VS Fan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:48 AM
I also think Serena will win, but you have to look back to Family Circle Cup 2002.

Serena vs Patti Shnyder (sp). Serena came out on fire winning the first set 6-1, then something happened and Serena became impatient with Patti's off speed balls, then lost the match in three sets.

Serena has a history of problems with players that throw up "junk", but usually only once. Callens, and others have shook her up in the first match they played, then got zapped from then on.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:54 AM
I agree with everything you said mrserenawilliams

Thank you! At least someone does! You rock "LindsayRocks89"

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:03 AM
I know that Serena will win on Saturday.

Not because of stupid jinxes

Not because of my profile name

Not because I think she's the best player on tour

Not because I know she has more fire than anyone (even Justine)

Not becuase she's going for a piece of history, and joining Steffi Graf in another elite stat group

...but BECAUSE CONSISTENTLY, SERENA HAS PLAYED BETTER TENNIS THAN DEMENTIEVA.

Look beyond your personal preferences and see that the stats clearly show that Serena will be the victor on Saturday afternoon.

I agree with many of you that Serena will win, but let me share some stats with all of you that you may not have known.....

Serena (through 5 matches) -averages 6.2 aces per match
Dementieva (through 5 matches) -3 total

Serena (...) -averages 1.8 Doubles per match
Dementieva (...) -averages 9.6

Serena (...) -averages a winners/unforced differential of +5.6 per match
Elena (...) -averages -8

During Elena's 3 Set Tie-break victory over Venus (while serving for the set @ 5-4 and being broken at love), Venus hit 51 unforced errors, Serena has never hit more than 34, also, Venus had 11 doubles faults, Serena's hit, at most, 4.

There's no way that Elena can possibly beat Serena, she has the serve, the ground strokes, the return game, and the x-factor: she belives and KNOWS that she'll win.

My pic: Serena in two, in less than 90 minutes
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:04 AM
In Petrova's loss to Dementieva, she had more than double the unforced errors of her previous match while Serena has remained constant at a reasonalbly level amount of unforced per match. I do agree that Serena could have an off day and Elena could be on, but the chances of Serena being that off are unlikely. Moreover, look at the MOTIVATION of Serena, she was on a quest for four slams in a row, and TWO TIMES faced elimination, but her DRIVE, DETERMINATION and overall MENTAL TOUGHNESS pulled her through. That's why Serena will win, because she has been able to put all that has happened to her in the last eight months behind her and play good tennis.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Justinefan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:05 AM
Had you titled this, I think serena will win on saturday b/c would have been a lot better, you are definitely going to hear it tomorrow if and when Elena pulls the upset.

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:10 AM
I also think Serena will win, but you have to look back to Family Circle Cup 2002.

Serena vs Patti Shnyder (sp). Serena came out on fire winning the first set 6-1, then something happened and Serena became impatient with Patti's off speed balls, then lost the match in three sets.

Serena has a history of problems with players that throw up "junk", but usually only once. Callens, and others have shook her up in the first match they played, then got zapped from then on.
But, the only junk she has is a second serve and it's not junk on purpose, it's just junk that more times than likely will sit up for Serena to smack a cross court winner, unless she puts good top spin on it.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that Serena is not Venus and she will not have the same problems with Demented as Venus had. Also, Demented did not put a smack down on Venus, even with all of Venus' UFE's. If Venus had not df three times at match point, Demented would not even be a factor in this conversation for all the hoopla from her fans about her beating Serena. However with that said, just like with Venus, anything can happen in any given match and there's no certainty that Serena will win, but the probabilities are all on her side to take the title.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:10 AM
Guys....why do you do this...I agree with Bezz. Let's just be happy that she had such a great return...if she wins that is just gravy...Comeon...:rolleyes:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:26 AM
Guys....why do you do this...I agree with Bezz. Let's just be happy that she had such a great return...if she wins that is just gravy...Comeon...:rolleyes:
Naahhh, not with all the crap that Demented fans have been saying about how bad Serena will lose. Can't go out like that Cam, even though I am happy that she's had such a great return, I'm a true Serena fan and I know that Serena is not just settling for just being happy with such a great return. She is going for the win. Hell, why not? She's made it this far. Time to go all the way. I'm not going to cower to any threats that they (some of her fans) will make us eat crow if she loses. That's what they want. If she loses, she loses and I'll just have to eat some crow. But, right now if they sell wolf tickets, I ain't buying. I'm selling them right back. Ya get my drift? :hehehe:

GO SERENA!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Justinefan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:30 AM
Naahhh, not with all the crap that Demented fans have been saying about how bad Serena will lose. Can't go out like that Cam, even though I am happy that she's had such a great return, I'm a true Serena fan and I know that Serena is not just settling for just being happy with such a great return. She is going for the win. Hell, why not? She's made it this far. Time to go all the way. I'm not going to cower to any threats that they (some of her fans) will make us eat crow if she loses. That's what they want. If she loses, she loses and I'll just have to eat some crow. But, right now if they sell wolf tickets, I ain't buying. I'm selling them right back. Ya get my drift? :hehehe:

GO SERENA!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

There has been just as much if not more crap from Serena fans about her getting blown away. and you eliminate your credit by calling her demented :rolleyes:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:39 AM
There has been just as much if not more crap from Serena fans about her getting blown away. and you eliminate your credit by calling her demented :rolleyes:
:lol: Only in response to you and your co-hort's crap.
:eek: Uh oh, I've lost credibility. Well, if you're the judge of that, I'm not too worried. :lol:
Besides, I thought Demented was her nickname. ;)

Justinefan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:42 AM
:lol: Only in response to you and your co-hort's crap.
:eek: Uh oh, I've lost credibility. Well, if you're the judge of that, I'm not too worried. :lol:
Besides, I thought Demented was her nickname. ;)
whose to say all your opinions aren't crap? Your a funny one :lol: :rolleyes: , what's your nickname asshole?

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:05 AM
whose to say all your opinions aren't crap? Your a funny one :lol: :rolleyes: , what's your nickname asshole?
Me? :rolleyes:
Well it's certainly not "asshole", bitch!

Why do you ask such stupid, open-ended questions? Here's a clue...try thinking about the response you're likely to get BEFORE posting the question. :smash:

Justinefan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:06 AM
Me? :rolleyes:
Well it's certainly not "asshole", bitch!

Why do you ask such stupid, open-ended questions? Here's a clue...try thinking about the response you're likely to get BEFORE posting the question. :smash:
same to you.., asshole

Dawn Marie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:37 AM
First of all Serena and Venus are not the same.:)

Also Elni Daniilodou has a game that can hurt a powere player like Serena. the 6/4 6/4 scoreline is indeed a good one.

Elena D will lose as she cursed herself already by dogging out Venus Williams.

Serena is gonna blow that BIAATCH out of the water.

Hell Elena D barely won her match against a 51 ue having cursed Venus Williamns.

sunnysideup
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:48 AM
I agree, Serena is faaaaarrrrr away better than Venus.;) Dementieva might have a chance if Serena will play the way she did against Eleni otherwise, Serena would over power Elena.;)

While Serena is aiming to join the record of Steffi, Elena is aiming to join the record as well of beating the William sisters back to back in a tournament. This prospect could inspire both players to give their best shots in this match.:)

udachi Elena
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:49 AM
Good luck to Elena:)

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:40 AM

Not a good example what so ever. First of all, Elena is not a "junk" player that is not her style. And you failed to mentioned that match against Serena was on clay in which the ball bounce is wayyyyyyyy different from the surface in Miami.

If Serena has a problem tomorrow it will be with her own nerves not Elena's game.

Dawn Marie
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:29 AM
agree with Jakeev.

Serena is her own enity she is not Venus Williams. The Family Circle Cup is clay, she played Patty who happens to be a great tatician when her mind is on. Patty is not Elena Dementieva.

This is Serena's match to lose. Frankly i think Maria Sharapova will have put up a better fight then Elena D. If Elena serves like crap, it will be a lopsided loss handed to her behind.

People wake up, take a look at Serena's service games, take a look at her groundies. Stop thinking that she is Venus Williams for gods sake. If she pplays 1/4 the way that Venus did it will be a lopsided demolishing. Heheheh don't expect Serena to sit behind the baseline. Expect Serena to bash the holy heck out of her serves. I expect Serena to lose no more than 5 games.

With that stated: Serena will beat Elena 6/1 6/1:)

carry on.:)

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
agree with Jakeev.

Somebody call the paramedics I think the big one just hit me...........

SerialKiller#69
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Serena def Dementieva for sure. 6-1 5-ret. No doubts. :bounce:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
And who brought Patty in this conversation?! People wanna actually compare Elena D with Patty?! Man....

sunnysideup
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Venus could only thank Serena for playing tennis. Lil Sis is making the family proud.:bounce:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah...thanks for Serena, to keep the family-name in top.....can you imagine the headlines if none of the Williamses had reached the finals?!

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Funny how someone (a serena-fan?) asked a few months ago "Do Justine-fans seem arrogant to anyone else?"
I don't see any Justine-fan in here and nevertheless...:tape:

Guys, I so hope for you your girl is gonna win;)

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Funny how someone (a serena-fan?) asked a few months ago "Do Justine-fans seem arrogant to anyone else?"
I don't see any Justine-fan in here and nevertheless...:tape:

Guys, I so hope for you your girl is gonna win;)

Thank you very much....we hope so too! Finally the tennis will get interesting again!!

P.s.: A Serena-fan saying such a thing? Canīt believe.

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Thank you very much....we hope so too! Finally the tennis will get interesting again!!

P.s.: A Serena-fan saying such a thing? Canīt believe.
Try finding the irony in my post, sweetie.

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:54 AM
Try finding the irony in my post, sweetie.

aight....now itīs the kimmie-fans! ;) :p

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
. I do agree that Serena could have an off day and Elena could be on, but the chances of Serena being that off are unlikely..

Talking about Serena before the injury break. How do you know that nothing changed? For some reason it seems that most players chnage their ways after long injuries.

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
aight....now itīs the kimmie-fans! ;) :p
can't follow...

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:04 PM
Talking about Serena before the injury break. How do you know that nothing changed? For some reason it seems that most players chnage their ways after long injuries.

But itīs true...her game isnīt as rusty as one would have expected after such a long lay-off.

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:06 PM
Serena def Dementieva for sure. 6-1 5-ret. No doubts. :bounce:
I didn't know that they practice woo-doo black magic in the Philippines.

Just in return: Serena's problem has more chances of comming back.

diekedelver
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
hey, you guys did know it all before :eek: