PDA

View Full Version : Henin Out of Rome?

pierce0415
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Although Justine was on the original committment list posted here, it seems that she is selectively tailoring her schedule again and makeing the decision to skip yet another Tier I. :lol:

I wonder what the reaction to this will be :tape:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Henin-Hardenne might miss Italian Open again
April 2, 2004

ROME (AP) -- Top-ranked Justine Henin-Hardenne (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/319/) is doubtful for the Italian Open, and Venus Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/87/) and Lindsay Davenport (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/93/) have not entered next month's clay-court tournament.

Organizers did not say why Henin-Hardenne might miss the French Open tuneup on May 10-16.

The Belgian reached the Rome final in 2002 but withdrew before last year's event because of left knee tendinitis.

ADVERTISEMENT
[/url]document.onLoad=write_script(randnum)She skipped this week's Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne, Fla., to prepare for the clay-court season and the defense of her French Open title.

Henin-Hardenne has won 22 of 23 matches this season and four titles, including the Australian Open. Her next appearances are at tournaments this month in Amelia Island, Fla., and Charleston, S.C. Italian Open organizers said all of the top 50 ranked men had entered, led by No. 1 [url="http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/42/"]Roger Federer (http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129g190si/M=283299.4520608.5839505.1806201/D=sports/S=95862560:LREC/EXP=1081029775/A=2028869/R=0/SIG=10l8mcl9d/*http://www.tums.com). Felix Mantilla (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/22/), who beat Federer in last year's final, will defend his title. Also, there will be a Tour of Champions event on May 8-11, featuring former stars John McEnroe, Mats Wilander, Pat Cash and Yannick Noah.

Justinefan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
What is she doing?!?!

for-sure
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Did did not play rome last year...so it is ok.
She made this known a long time ago.

jimbo mack
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
i think it depends on how she does in berlin

lizchris
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
She has to defend her GO championship points and sicne she didn't play Rome last year, she problaby will skip it this year too, unless Kim and Serena don't play.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
she doesn't need to play. She's playing 3 warm ups, and then Paris. Why change a good thing? Last year it worked

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:39 PM
I thought Justine was all about helping the tour. Action speaks more than words.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:41 PM
I thought Justine was all about helping the tour. Action speaks more than words.
SHe didn't "help" the tour by playing last year...why is it different this year?

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:45 PM
SHe didn't "help" the tour by playing last year...why is it different this year?
Because she is number 1 this year - the top dog, head of the class, el commandante, etc. And, as such, she should shoulder more of the responsibility promoting the tour.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
Because she is number 1 this year - the top dog, head of the class, el commandante, etc. And, as such, she should shoulder more of the responsibility promoting the tour.
OK, but then why didn't Serena play both Rome and Berlin last year?

It just goes on. I think the last #1 that played both was Hingis and Capriati.

Davenport, Serena, Venus...the last few #1's haven't played both.

per4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:50 PM
yeah right...so Serena Williams did a terrible job huh? so did Steffi Graf all those years!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

Justine is playing 18-19 events each year..which is supposed to be perfect, not too much, and not too little. So please give me a break with your crap.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:52 PM
:lol: I can't believe I'm agreeing the JHH fans, but well said.

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
OK, but then why didn't Serena play both Rome and Berlin last year?

It just goes on. I think the last #1 that played both was Hingis and Capriati.

Davenport, Serena, Venus...the last few #1's haven't played both.
The last #1's didn't make a big deal about wanting to help promote the tour. I remember reading about Justine wanting to promote the tour, so, if she keeps on skipping these tier one tournaments, I don't know how she will exactly promote it.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
But, this does bring up another point of the ATP vs. the WTA.

The ATP you HAVE to play the Tier 1's...and again, the WTA you don't. Again, JHH, Davenport and Venus haven't committed to Rome...perhaps they should have to.

fammmmedspin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:57 PM
If she played everywhere someone would claim that she was only number one for playing excessively - if she didn't play it last year and had a full schedule why should she play it this? Obviously it would be bad for the tour if the number 1 played part time but she is still well above 17 tournaments and around the average for the top 10.

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:58 PM
yeah right...so Serena Williams did a terrible job huh? so did Steffi Graf all those years!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

Nope, they didn't do a good job and they have rightly been criticized for it. So Justine should face the same criticism for her selfish behaviour. Fair, isn't it?

fammmmedspin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
But, this does bring up another point of the ATP vs. the WTA.

The ATP you HAVE to play the Tier 1's...and again, the WTA you don't. Again, JHH, Davenport and Venus haven't committed to Rome...perhaps they should have to.
I suspect the ATP tier 1s pay more, the ATP doesn't have consistently outstanding players who it needs to get to lower Tier tournaments and they survive on the higher general level of interest in men's tennis wheras the Womens game needs stars for its Tier 2s.Apart from that the womens tour has several Tier 2s that are more significant to the players than some tier1s because the womens Tier1s are tier 1s for very arbitary reasons.

per4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:06 PM
Nope, they didn't do a good job and they have rightly been criticized for it. So Justine should face the same criticism for her selfish behaviour. Fair, isn't it?
so she should play too much, get injured..and promote the tour in her chair? that's it?

Sorry, but if she plays 19 events a year she's doing her share. Your theory would presume that she plays EACH event??

Hurley
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
She plays twice what Venus and Serena play, both in Tier I's and overall. So shut the fuck up, eta psi. Moron.

harloo
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:11 PM
Isn't it funny how the rules change when it comes to the little belgian?
:lol:

Filadidas
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:12 PM
I really think that Justine and Carlos really have planned out a good schedule......

One of Justine's main goals this year is to defend her French Open crown...... Take a look back in 2002.... what happened to her when she won in Berlin and reached the final in Rome in a row....... she got sick in French Open and lost in the first round.....

I am sure Justine is learning from her lessons in the past to figure out what's good for her now.... the tennis player is human being and not a machine.... you cannot perform your best by playing week in week out......

Still remember Roger's comment on Justine's absence from the Miami event.... and now I believe Roger realizes what's the reason behind it.....(Also, look at Henman who reached the final in IW and lost in the first round in Miami.... and another example... Hewitt won IW but then lost in Miami in the first round last year)......

Way to go, Justine!!!! :)

Hurley
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:13 PM

Another retard. They run in packs, I suppose.

V&SGotItGoingOn
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
Ranking wise, I don't think Justine has to worry too much right now about missing a tier l here or there. Plus I have to agree, I think she does her fair share of promoting and supporting the WTA. I was surprised that she skipped Miami, but whatever, she does play a good number of tournaments, and I think she does have a nice schedule worked out.

harloo
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Another retard. They run in packs, I suppose.
Hurley come up with something else. You are very lame, what now are you going to give me a bad rep for stating the truth like you always do? :tape: Not that I care.:lol:

Futhermore like I stated before, if you are the #1 player and skipping tier I's you should be questioned. When the sisters were #1 they were constantly questioned for skipping tournaments. I personally don't care if a player decides to skip a tournament, but don't act like one player is above criticism while another is harshly criticized for skipping. Got it? LOL:lol:

DeDe4925
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
What is she doing?!?!
She saw Serena play in the NASDAQ :bolt:

DeDe4925
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You forgot, el capitain :lol: :lol:

starr
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM

The rules have changed?

Is Justine only going to play 11 events this year?

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:25 PM
She plays twice what Venus and Serena play, both in Tier I's and overall. So shut the fuck up, eta psi. Moron.
Excuse me, but calm down.

You're being ruder than I am to the intelligent Williams' fans.

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
Yes, calm down. Or, take your medicine, speak to your counselor, visit your local worship place, invest in yoga, watch more Justine match videos. Anything to keep you from over-reacting.

faste5683
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:36 PM
The rules have changed?

Is Justine only going to play 11 events this year?

:worship:

Hulet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
By the way, didn't Justine withdraw from the Italian open really late last year? She withdraw just after she won the German Open to rest up for the French Open; she wouldn't have done so if she wasn't in the final of the GO (Now don't bring that faked story of injured knee). So, doesn't she need to kind of compensate all Italian tennis fans, who were probably disappointed by her late withdrawal, by playing there this year? I mean it's common courtesy.

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:33 PM
This is weird!

I was surprised they had her on the list; because I read somewhere
she was only doing Berlin in 2004? Was there a misunderstanding
again?

Martian KC
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
Oh gawd willifans~_~. I don't even remember her being commited to the list.:confused:

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:08 AM
This article is in correct. Davenport is doing the Green clay
tournaments in the USA. She hardly doesn't usually play
Berlin or Rome as a warm up.

It's an American article..AP wire service.
I think it's error prone.

KingA
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM
I really think that Justine and Carlos really have planned out a good schedule......

One of Justine's main goals this year is to defend her French Open crown...... Take a look back in 2002.... what happened to her when she won in Berlin and reached the final in Rome in a row....... she got sick in French Open and lost in the first round.....

I am sure Justine is learning from her lessons in the past to figure out what's good for her now.... the tennis player is human being and not a machine.... you cannot perform your best by playing week in week out......

Still remember Roger's comment on Justine's absence from the Miami event.... and now I believe Roger realizes what's the reason behind it.....(Also, look at Henman who reached the final in IW and lost in the first round in Miami.... and another example... Hewitt won IW but then lost in Miami in the first round last year)......

Way to go, Justine!!!! :)
Well said... I agree with you!

fammmmedspin
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Justine seems to me to have almost a model schedule for a number 1 she supports the tour by turning up for 19-20 tournaments. She doesn't seem to have any hang ups about avoiding people. She doesn't ignore whole chunks of the circuit or surfaces or have any hang ups about flying abroad. She has already turned up from Sydney to Indian Wells and done her bit to encourage the spread of the tour in the Gulf and she's obviously trying to schedule herself so that she doesn't wear herself out before the GS - which ought to please those who think GS are very important.

Couver
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Ugh his complaining about players entering tournaments is getting so old.:o Let the woman plan her tournament choices they way she wants. She's the one that has to live with the consequences of playing too much or too little. So I don't know why fans going so nuts over this.

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:50 AM
Let's not forget that she's also doing the Olympics this year. Roland
Garros, Wimbledon, Olympics, US OPEN. The schedule looks really
tight during the summer months to the start of fall.

I'm tired of the Justine schedule bashing. I don't see why their
dumping on her?. I've seen less commitement from the other
number #1's than J2H! This scape goating is unreasonable and lame.
It's bad enough that these very same people still harp on about
the legitmate claim of being #1 and a 3 time grand slam winner
anyway.

It just looks less like a concern for women's tennis; but more
about sour grapes on her dominance.

davenport_1
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:19 AM
my my this woman is a chump.......

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:01 AM
The last #1's didn't make a big deal about wanting to help promote the tour. I remember reading about Justine wanting to promote the tour, so, if she keeps on skipping these tier one tournaments, I don't know how she will exactly promote it.

Oh Gawd... From what I hear from alot of so called tennis fan..
Justine doesn't have "star power" or "charisma" so cares if
she isn't in Roma. Why not get a WILLIAMS there!

More sour grapes from a bunch of whiny knit pickers who are
never satisfied with whatever Justinator does or doesn't do!

It's from an AP wire service article. The AP is American based.
What do we expect? They hate her, we know that already!

If it wasn't the snide remarks about winning the AO 2004 with
supposed weak draw, which in all we've seen this year , was
a good draw because it did feature the players that were on
in terms of form. Then it was "oh can't defend Dubai" blah, blah.
She lost Doha, then it was "oh she's go down back to her hell hole
now". Wins Indian Wells, now everyone is just too pissed to even
talk about her "tennis form" because it's immaculate and up to
warlord level right now.

Oh, whatever. Look I'm also sick of people saying I'm American bashing
when I myself am American. I'm actually ashamed that my countrymen
are morons, that's what it's about, ok? Look I'm tired. I went for
a long jog...1 and half hours in the stinking heat and humidity. My
heads still dizzy and I'm still dehydrated! Give me a Break. Stop
breaking my Foie Gras.

Reason #1004 Why? Because someone's gotta stand up for you! ;)
http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/offcourt_137.jpg

:rolleyes:

Fingon
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
yes, like Serena always did :rolleyes:

tennisjunky
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Yeah like Serena did!! She was one of the best embassodors of the sport. She's charasmatic, and always in the spotlight, which in turn helps to shine the light on the tour. If the tour had more players like her then they'd never complain about crowds and ratings. True Serena can definitely do more, in the way of playing more, but she's definitely done a great job at promoting the sport.

nygirl
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
Yeah like Serena did!! She was one of the best embassodors of the sport. She's charasmatic, and always in the spotlight, which in turn helps to shine the light on the tour. If the tour had more players like her then they'd never complain about crowds and ratings. True Serena can definitely do more, in the way of playing more, but she's definitely done a great job at promoting the sport.

With all due respect but there is a difference between promoting the sport and promoting yourself. Serena is great in doing the second, very lacking in the first. Commitment to the Tour is shown by playing tournaments, not by acting in yet another soap.

People are trying to find ways to discredit JHH. First they were attacking her personality and tennisabilities, now they've gone to attacking her by saying she has no commitment to the Tour. If everyone had as wise a shedule as Justine, we would probably see far less injuries and have a much better and competitive Tour.

Filip!
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:57 AM

And what about the Williams-sisters? Justine plays very much and enough! She's a smart girl and her scheduling is perfect!

Allez-H
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Some people are just jealous of Justines nearly perfect schedule :angel:

kiekeboe
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
Her schedule it's just perfect :angel:

XMan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:00 AM
It seems that the rules change, indeed. For some reason Henin get always tons of critic although she is by far the most professional player. She has a very balanced shedule. A few years ago some of you said that she plays too much and now you believe she plays not enough. It seems to me that some people here have double standards.

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Oh Gawd... From what I hear from alot of so called tennis fan..
Justine doesn't have "star power" or "charisma" so cares if
she isn't in Roma. Why not get a WILLIAMS there!

More sour grapes from a bunch of whiny knit pickers who are
never satisfied with whatever Justinator does or doesn't do!

It's from an AP wire service article. The AP is American based.
What do we expect? They hate her, we know that already!

If it wasn't the snide remarks about winning the AO 2004 with
supposed weak draw, which in all we've seen this year , was
a good draw because it did feature the players that were on
in terms of form. Then it was "oh can't defend Dubai" blah, blah.
She lost Doha, then it was "oh she's go down back to her hell hole
now". Wins Indian Wells, now everyone is just too pissed to even
talk about her "tennis form" because it's immaculate and up to
warlord level right now.

Oh, whatever. Look I'm also sick of people saying I'm American bashing
when I myself am American. I'm actually ashamed that my countrymen
are morons, that's what it's about, ok? Look I'm tired. I went for
a long jog...1 and half hours in the stinking heat and humidity. My
heads still dizzy and I'm still dehydrated! Give me a Break. Stop
breaking my Foie Gras.

Reason #1004 Why? Because someone's gotta stand up for you! ;)
http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/offcourt_137.jpg

:rolleyes:
I didn't know long walk under the sun was the perfect catalyst for thoughts about a conspiracy theory which involves American journalists and so-called tennis fans conspiring to bring down your Justinator. All I get from long walks is conclusions about how great this world is, how good every individual is, etc. ;)

surfinggirl
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:05 AM
Steven Martens (coach of the Belgium Davis Cup team) said that Justine is right about her decision not to play Key Biscane, cause a Number 1 should also pay attention to his body and be true to not playing to many tournaments. She has to give the example that you can be NUMBER 1 by choosing the right tournaments.
I was surprised Steven Martens agreed with Justine!
But like I said the Number has to give the example and not play every tournament that is on every week. You have to take some rest and I can only agree to that too.
She didn't play it last year, her schedule is already out for the whole year and that included NOT playing Key Biscane and Rome.
So stop bashing Justine! You are not obligated to play if you don't want to!

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:05 AM

And what about the Williams-sisters? Justine plays very much and enough! She's a smart girl and her scheduling is perfect!
yes, like Serena always did :rolleyes:
Again, you are both comparing Justine to one of the players who did little out of her way to promote the tour. Not a good comparison. After all, Justine was supposed to be so much better, she is supposed to do anything for the tour, but, in the end, when action and committments are needed, she was no where to be found. :lol:

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Steven Martens (coach of the Belgium Davis Cup team) said that Justine is right about her decision not to play Key Biscane, cause a Number 1 should also pay attention to his body and be true to not playing to many tournaments. She has to give the example that you can be NUMBER 1 by choosing the right tournaments.
I was surprised Steven Martens agreed with Justine!
But like I said the Number has to give the example and not play every tournament that is on every week. You have to take some rest and I can only agree to that too.
She didn't play it last year, her schedule is already out for the whole year and that included NOT playing Key Biscane and Rome.
So stop bashing Justine! You are not obligated to play if you don't want to!
Don't you think she owes the Italian fans her committments this year after withdrawing really late last year after giving a lame reason?

per4ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:10 AM
Eta Psi... you seem to think that you can only promote the tour by playing all tournaments.

Steffi Graf played about 14 tournaments each year..does that make her a bad promotor of the sport?? NOT AT ALL.. she's an example for other players.. just like Justine with her great scheduling.

per4ever
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:12 AM
Don't you think she owes the Italian fans her committments this year after withdrawing really late last year after giving a lame reason?
no not at all..that's tennis. She should play for herself not to satisfy a few fans. She could as well satisfy the fans in luxemburg by playing the tier III there like Kim.. or may be play a tier IV to satisfy her fans in that country?

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Eta Psi... you seem to think that you can only promote the tour by playing all tournaments.

Steffi Graf played about 14 tournaments each year..does that make her a bad promotor of the sport?? NOT AT ALL.. she's an example for other players.. just like Justine with her great scheduling.
Nope, I didn't say you have to play every tournament. Everyone plays whatever number of tournaments they feel comfortable in playing. There is no magic number - depends on the player. But, as we noted before, former #1s were criticized for skipping certain tournaments and for withdrawing, so it's fair to criticize the current #1 for doing exactly the same. Besides, Justine made a big deal about promoting the tournaments in her interviews, but, if you for example searched for articles in Google News with Justine's name on the title, this is all you can find for the first few pages: Henin-Hardenne might miss Italian Open again
Top-ranked woman may miss tuneup event
No. 1 Henin-Hardenne might miss Italian Open again
The same kind of articles were present when she skipped Miami. Although Jusitne has nothing to do with writing the articles, she could atleast make a written statment stating why she is skipping those important tournaments. As a responsible number 1, I think she should try to dispell some of the misconceptions that she doesn't care about the tour instead of remaining aloof. More over, as I said before, Justine owes the Italian Open fans for her actions last year - it's only fair that she plays there this year.

ans
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:25 AM
no not at all..that's tennis. She should play for herself not to satisfy a few fans. She could as well satisfy the fans in luxemburg by playing the tier III there like Kim.. or may be play a tier IV to satisfy her fans in that country?
I repect Justine's decisions but I'm happy Kim has always played Luxemburg and 's Hertogenbosch, played in Antwerp and will play in Hasselt. And above all, also plays Fed Cup. That way we still get the chance to go and watch her. It feels like she's still close to us, her fans, and not the unreachable topplayer.
I want to see Justine play too, so I think it's a pity she skips every chance to play close to home.

faste5683
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:34 AM
The same kind of articles were present when she skipped Miami. Although Jusitne has nothing to do with writing the articles, she could atleast make a written statment stating why she is skipping those important tournaments year.

"Dear WTA, my dog ate my passport." :haha:

Get off the cross, eta, we need the wood.

:wavey:

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:50 AM
Come on give her a break! It's her choice! She has a good schedule and I don't think that tey make every new No.1 sign a paper saying that she's supposed to promote tennis. She does enough work anyway.
I was always amazed at the number of tournaments Williams sisters played! So few! Why can't Justine do it?
To Eta psi---> Count how many times Justine's name flashes in the headlines without the words "will skip". I'd say it's much more.

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
I didn't know long walk under the sun was the perfect catalyst for thoughts about a conspiracy theory which involves American journalists and so-called tennis fans conspiring to bring down your Justinator. All I get from long walks is conclusions about how great this world is, how good every individual is, etc. ;)

*Sorry; but I was jogging. Why don't you get off your fat
donut butt for a change!

Lazy players, attract lazy fans!!!!!!!! :lol:

*1 personal attack, deserves another! SHOVE It bro!

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:06 AM
SHOVE It bro!
Shove what? My fat donut? Where? In my fat butt? :lol:
Anyways, you are off the mark my friend - I don't even like donuts. Now, if you are talking about muffins...

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Shove what? My fat donut? Where? In my fat butt? :lol:
Anyways, you are off the mark my friend - I don't even like donuts. Now, if you are talking about muffins...

Why does it always turn to personal insults?

Hulet
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Why does it always turn to personal insults?
:lol: You are asking me? I am bemused by it. I have been called moron, a person with crap ideas, and fat in this thread. All because I questioned one players commitment to the tour. So, I don't know.

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
In the fight for GOOD -vs- EVIL we know what we really stand for.
Someone's gotta do the dirty job of taking down the Medusa once
and for all!

Allez!!!

moby
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
stuff like this gets old...
justine plays about 19 tournaments = too little, not supporting the tour
martina played 20 tournaments = too much, playing with the system

i guess players need to strike a balance and play 11 tournaments, which is not too much and not too little. i mean, only grand slams matter right?

tell me that i dont make sense.

nubienne459
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:18 PM
She saw Serena play in the NASDAQ

Short, sweet and to the point. IMO accurate.

justine&coria
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
justine plays about 19 tournaments = too little, not supporting the tour
martina played 20 tournaments = too much, playing with the system

great point ! :worship:

jenglisbe
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:02 PM
So how many Tier 1 events does J H-H intentionally skip? We have Tokyo, Miami, and possibly Rome. Is there no WTA rule about how many Tier 1 events the women must play? They should follow the ATP and require players to play them unless injured.

Martian KC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:03 PM
Some people are just jealous of Justines nearly perfect schedule :angel:
I second that!;) They wish if only their favs had the same schedule.:o