PDA

View Full Version : Will Anna Kournikova ever come back to top tennis again?

A'DAM
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:27 PM
Since she is now nb 580 or something? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Justinefan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:28 PM
She may start playing again.. but she won't be returning to the top.

Andrew.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:29 PM
IMO she'll never play competitively again.

katrientje
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
I really hope she'll return, but I don't think it's realistic to think she'll get back to the top.
I hope she proves me wrong!!

A'DAM
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:32 PM

Didnt they said same thing about Mary Pierce? and look at her now!!!
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

callado
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
"back to the top"? When was she ever at the top? :lol:

A'DAM
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
"back to the top"? When was she ever at the top? :lol:
Nb 8 is not a bad position
And dont forget a long time of Anna as a nb 1 in the dubbles ranking!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Sadly, I agree.

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:11 PM
Didnt they said same thing about Mary Pierce? and look at her now!!!
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
No... not that I recall.

TatiAnnahølic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:11 PM
yes she will

SerialKiller#69
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Nah.Maybe.Who knows.First, she has to return before I make my predictions.

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:15 PM
yes she will
I admire your optimism.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
She will EVENTUALLY return, I THINK. She can probably hover around 30 in the world like she did throughout 2002 if she stays healthy. Any higher than that, and I will be very impressed.

Go Anna.

Crazy_Fool
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:18 PM
anyone who thinks she will is deluding themselves. anna k is not interested in tennis, otherwise she would be back.

Black Mamba.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
When did she ever top tennis? Last time I checked she was yet to win a singles tournement

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
When she said she's not returning until 2005... I think that closed the coffin shut.

Although, down the line when the looks start to fade... the game may be good enough for her.

A'DAM
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
anyone who thinks she will is deluding themselves. anna k is not interested in tennis, otherwise she would be back.

Im affraid here is the point and you are totally right! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

esquímaux
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
:zzz:

TatiAnnahølic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
I admire your optimism.ty Leena that's why I'm Anna fan ;)

I think that if players like Schiavone, Petrova, Rubin or even Sugiyama can be top20 Anna definitively can be one too

jimbo mack
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
if she wanted to, i think she could get back to the top again, injuries permitting

it would help her a great deal if she could improve her serve and turn into a weapon. when's she's on, her groundstrokes are great, so its jus mainly the serve she needs to improve.

whether this will happen or not ~ who knows? :shrug:

GoDominique
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:51 PM
Nah. And not even to non-top WTA-tour tennis.

ys
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
If she won't return to top tennis, then maybe topless tennis will be on cards...

jrm
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM
may try but she will giva up

Bezz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Hopefully she will return by the end of this year, if not, early in 2005. Anna can easily be top 30 again, i wouldn't put it past her to crack the top 20 again either :cool: .

davenport_1
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
mIf she stops playing exhibs. and stops slicing every goddamn ball she will get back into top 20 at least

tenn_ace
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:13 AM
well nobody ever believed Jenn would return to tennis let alone win a GS...

never say never.

A'DAM
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:24 AM
So as I see there are still optymists in this world!!!
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

flyingmachine
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:35 AM
God konws...

A'DAM
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:32 PM
Anna top 50 chance is big since Martina Navratilova is coming back!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Experimentee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:00 PM
I'd be very surprised if she ever came back. She is happy touring with Enrique and living the good life now, and the longer you are out doing those things the harder it is to come back. And even if she did try to return, look at her results when she attempted to return from injury most recently, she was losing all the time. I think her personality is much like Hingis, if she comes back and starts losing she wont want to keep going, because her pride is too much to stand many bad losses.

Dava
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
I hope she returns but I cant see her being more then a top 20 payer at best and thats a real long shot. But you never know some players have ahda lull in there career and smehoe managed to pull it back like J.Cap etc. Hopefully Anna can doi the same providng she takes the time to improve both her game and her fitness. It would be a shame to see injury kick her out like it has done with MArtina.

A'DAM
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:10 PM
:drool: mIf she stops playing exhibs. and stops slicing every goddamn ball she will get back into top 20 at least
:drool: