PDA

View Full Version : Navratilova and Kuznetsova to Face Each Other in Doubles

Yonge
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
Navratilova/Raymond vs. Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva

Is this gonna be the first time they're facing each other after their split?

Stefwhit
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
what a great doubles match that should be.... i think it is the first time they'll be facing one another...

mn73
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Should think so, this is the first time Martina and Lisa have got their doubles partnership going properly this year, although they have gone to three sets a bit too often. Should be an interesting match.

GermanBoy
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:33 PM
A possible Olympic final in Athens. After the match we know whether Lisa and Martina are able to win Gold or not... :)

ace4lleykim
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Wow, last yr they were on the same side, this year they will be on opposite side and against each other, not together. :yeah::clap2:

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:46 PM
Great doubles match! But I think Paola and Vivi will win

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
A possible Olympic final in Athens. After the match we know whether Lisa and Martina are able to win Gold or not... :)

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Are u sure? Did u know Conchita Martinez and Vivi Ruano will play together? :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM
Should think so, this is the first time Martina and Lisa have got their doubles partnership going properly this year, although they have gone to three sets a bit too often. Should be an interesting match. I wish BOTH womens semis were televised..i would have even liked to see the mens semis with the BRYAN bothers and the zimb. team...hell..even put the boys and girls finals on the tennis channel..but allas we get as little as possible :sad: !!

jrm
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Raymond/Navratilova have been stuggelling ... I'm going for Kuznetzova/Likhovtceva. Both pairing have been playing A LOT this year!

SelesFan70
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Looks like Likhotseva is the odd man out. :devil:

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
yeah, it's the first time after they split, but not the first time ever. Sveta/ASV beat Martina/Serena (I think in Tokyo) couple of years ago... after that match Martina offered Svetlana to play 2003 season together

esquímaux
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Looks like Likhotseva is the odd man out. :devil:

Not really, she's a very good dubs player (w/Cara Black)

SelesFan70
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Not really, she's a very good dubs player (w/Cara Black)

She did volley well against Serena...when she approached. But that wasn't where I was going with the "odd man out" thing. A crass joke that I should take back since Monica wouldn't be so tasteless.

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:19 PM
Lena is actually a better doubles players than Sveta IMO

esquímaux
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:19 PM
She did volley well against Serena...when she approached. But that wasn't where I was going with the "odd man out" thing. A crass joke that I should take back since Monica wouldn't be so tasteless.

Well in that case, isn't Martina the odd "man" out ;)

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
Well in that case, isn't Martina the odd "man" out ;):lol:

SelesFan70
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:21 PM
I'm sure ESPN is having an orgasm with Roddick and Spadea playing at night. When Spadea beats Roddick in 2 quick sets, I wonder if they'll show the doubles? :haha: God, I crack myself up thinking that ESPN really cares what the viewers want to see!

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
I'm sure ESPN is having an orgasm with Roddick and Spadea playing at night. When Spadea beats Roddick in 2 quick sets, I wonder if they'll show the doubles? :haha: God, I crack myself up thinking that ESPN really cares what the viewers want to see!
if that happens, they will show rerun of Roddick's win over Carlos or even rerun of Roddick's win over Ferrero from last US Open

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:49 PM
Lena is actually a better doubles players than Sveta IMO
I've never seen Sveta/Lena play. ESPN showed Safin vs. Agassi for the third time instead of a live AO final.

GermanBoy
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:10 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Are u sure? Did u know Conchita Martinez and Vivi Ruano will play together? :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
Have they ever played together? Don`t know how strong they are... And, I think whether Arantxa participates or not is not decided yet...

LindsayRocks89
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
I think the russian pair will win, unless Martina and Lisa have been playing alot better this tournament(which i'm not sure if they have or havent)

brunof
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:19 AM
Elena is a good dubs player, she got quite a few titles with Cara Black, although she has had slightly more success with Sveta already. Thus far as a young team they have not lost before a Final of any tournament have entered together. (I think Elena also reached the Tokoyo final with Magdalena) I think they have a ligit chance of beating Lisa and Martina and winning the entire thing. Provided the Chinese duo doesn't win! ;)

goldenlox
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:52 AM
Sveta/Lena are in the finals, but the other semi hasn't been played yet.