PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters To Test Injured Wrist Next Week

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Clijsters To Test Injured Wrist Next Week
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/ClijstersFrenchOpnSMullane.jpg
Photo By Susan Mullane By Adrianna Outlaw
04/02/2004

Turning the knob still hurts, but Kim Clijsters has left the door open for her possible return to tournament tennis later this month. The second-ranked Belgian plans to undergo tests on her injured left wrist next week and may try practicing without the protective brace on her wrist.
"This wrist injury is really annoying," Clijsters said on her official web site KimClijsters.com (http://www.kimclijsters.com/). "Opening a door, a bottle... it hinders me throughout the day. I should be doing tests without the brace within a week or. We'll see what the situation then will be. I will be able to clear out my schedule for the April tournaments, although I take it for granted right now that they will go ahead."

The two-time French Open finalist, who suffered a torn tendon in her left wrist during her opening match of last month's Pacific Life Open, has been taking anti-inflammatory pills and resumed her training regimen. Her practice is limited to conditioning and hitting forehands and serves as the brace prevents Clijsters from hitting her two-handed backhand.

"I keep up my training, especially my running," Clijsters said."While playing tennis, I only play forehands and services. My back hand will have to lay low for a while, but on the other hand, I shouldn't burden my right hand too much either."

Though her injury forced Clijsters out of the Nasdq-100 Open, she has been busy in Miami. Clijsters received both the WTA Player Services and Sportsmanship Awards and has attended a Miami Heat basketball game and a Britney Spears concert while staying in South Florida.

"Miami has more to offer than just tennis," Clijsters said. "A few days ago I went to see a basket ball match of the Miami Heat and yesterday I went to a Britney Spears concert. Her new show is definitely no longer a teenager one, but more Madonna style. We will return to Belgium shortly, but don't know when exactly."

brunof
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:56 PM
:worship: Don't come back too early Kim!

for-sure
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Playing 200 matches a week is paying off for Kimberly.

lizchris
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:20 PM
If she is having trouble opening a bottle top at this point and she is supposed to play Fed Cup in a few weeks, sadly I don 't see her playing Fed Cup and I'd be surprised if see her before the French Open.

jenny161185
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:39 PM
its nice to see shes still training Kim Seems desperate to get back on court :)

brickhousesupporter
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
On the bright side, at least her forearm will get better.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:59 PM
:cool: I hope Kim will rest it.

ace4lleykim
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Hope she gets better soon before the Love Match. :D;)

katrientje
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Hope she gets better soon before the Love Match. :D;)
I have a feeling she won't :sad:
If she's still in so much pain right now, I am affraid the love match will come to soon

ace4lleykim
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:48 PM
Nope but she wrote this on her diary a few days ago. But I hope she will get better soon. :bowdown:

~|Naomi|~
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Kim won't be right by Fed Cup the earliest she will be back will be Berlin, you just have to look at the nature of her injury to tell that. I just hope she is 100% by French Open.

esquímaux
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:39 AM
What if Kim just hit slice backhands instead of a two-hander?

Daniel
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Kim :kiss:

fifiricci
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
Playing 200 matches a week is paying off for Kimberly.
Why dont you just butt out of Kim threads, you moron