PDA

View Full Version : Justine featured on Tech TV

Nobody's Perfecc
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Just this morning, I was watching a show called "Tech Live" on Tech TV. I was surprised to see a segment on tennis. It was about using technology to improve, specifically high-definition video. Justine was the player who they showcased. They used high-quality video to analyze the weaknesses and faults in a player's strokes. It was actually interesting to note that Andre was the "template" they used to improve Justine's forehand. They showed their forehands in slow motion side by side, and the similarities were obvious, though I never really noticed it. It was funny when they said Justine's was actually technically superior as she bent her knee more. Overall, a pretty cool segment. I wish more players would take on Justine's mentality. It would be better for the tour.

pigam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:49 PM
thanks for sharing.
Seems interesting.
I think it's interesting to compare technique etc. I think Justine's technique is quite good. Although (I'm no expert) her forehand is maybe one of her more 'non conventional' shots :shrug: ... I think she and Carlos will be interested to see it also. I'm sure they have ;)

Lady
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Wow! Sounds interesting! :drool:
I envy you!! :(

Nobody's Perfecc
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
thanks for sharing.
Seems interesting.
I think it's interesting to compare technique etc. I think Justine's technique is quite good. Although (I'm no expert) her forehand is maybe one of her more 'non conventional' shots :shrug: ... I think she and Carlos will be interested to see it also. I'm sure they have ;)
I think, technically, Justine's forehand is sound. Her body rotation is good, arm swing is thorough, and the knee bend is perfect. It may not be as pretty as her backhand, but I think it's a bigger weapon than her backhand.

Martian KC
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
UGGH! Will it repeat?:p

cynicole
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
UGGH! Will it repeat?:p
What on Tech TV doesn't repeat?

*sets TV to Tech TV for 1pm* :p

kiekeboe
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Thank you for sharing this !

Martian KC
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
What on Tech TV doesn't repeat?

*sets TV to Tech TV for 1pm* :p
Well, I considered the possibility that Tech "Live" wouldn't be live anymore if they kept repeating.;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:11 PM
I would be bored watching it.(just because it's tech tv and probably boring ppl talking about it who don't follow tennis alot)

Nobody's Perfecc
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM
It was actually interesting. They had small clips of Pat Etcheberry and Carlos Rodriguez talking about how it has helped Justine, etc.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
o. then I'd be attracted to it more. I don't like straight talk between two people(hosts).

cynicole
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
Well, I considered the possibility that Tech "Live" wouldn't be live anymore if they kept repeating.;)
I think they replay it again at 6pm EST in case anyone is still interested. (8pm is their "new" show.)

ace4lleykim
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
Wow that really interesting but usually, if it's on an American channel, it always the same ppl like Andre, Andy, Serena, Venus, etc... It kinda strange! :scratch: