Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
*For lack of a better term* KILL HER Serena :devil:

Belgium = Best
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM
Serena in 3 :)

:wavey:

GoGoMaggie
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:50 AM
As much as I hate Serena, I must say it's Serena in two easy sets.
She will prove just too much for Elena. Beating Venus means little nowadays. I'm seeing Serena in a different league by herself and only Justine has the legit reason to believe she can join Serena.

OUT!
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Serena in 2.

fleemke³
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:19 AM
Just imagine Elena beats Serena ;) 2 sisters in 1 tournament :eek: The board will go nuts again I guess ;)

Chunchun
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:25 AM
i m a big fan of Lena!
however i think Serena will take it in 2 whatever Lena do.

GOOD LUCK!!

Martian Willow
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
...would love to see Elena win but realistically, it's not very likely... :)

Justinefan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
Elena will win, probably in three..

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Elena will win, probably in three..

Before I say anything: Why the hell is there an "injured" option in the poll? :confused:

Serena might not be in such a great shpe after all. Who knows? Plus, how many of us thought that Elena will beat Petrova? Most of us thought that Nadia will blow Lena off the court, but look what happened. I agree that it could be Serena in two, but a realistic prediction would be 3 sets.
Hope that Elena will win! I believe in her!

j_dementieva27
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
elena in three.... or serena in two/... lol

Andrew.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
I want Elena to win, but it is unlikely.

SelesFan70
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
Dementieva in 2 sets. Serena looked stiff in her semifinal, and Demetieva's second serve will drive her nuts!

Mathijs
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:45 PM
well i hope Elena wins :D , but i think that Serena will win :sad:

pualeez
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
I think Serena will beat Elena. She is going to kill that serve of Elena. :lol:

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Serena´s returning has been plenty effective during the whole tournament and I can´t see her not punishing the thing called Elena D´s serve. Can´t see that happening...and that combined with her own superior serving, means Serena should be winning.

joaco
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
"Serena will be injured" :lol: OMG!!! :lol:

spike83
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Elena will win:

6-4 5-7 6-4

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:44 PM
"Serena will be injured" :lol: OMG!!! :lol:

It was a joke :lol:

Zoltan83
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Elena will win in 2 sets.

Alvarillo
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Dementieva, Come on Elena!!!!

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:25 PM
It was a joke :lol:

It wasnt very funny :mad:

What sort of a person are you to joke about players getting injured :o

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:01 PM
The upset of the century! :bounce: I think if Serena Williams was in her Wimbledon 2003 form that she would beat Elena Dementieva in straight sets in the 2004 Nasdaq-100 Open women's final just the way she beat Elena in straight sets at last years Wimbledon. Serena overwhlemed Elena in that match! :eek: In part because that was the first time they played. But I didin't like the way Serena was moivng in her semifinal match. I think Elena is moving great and will get alot of balls back leading to alot of unforced errors by Serena. I also think the windy conditions will take some the power and effectiveness away from Serena's tremendous serve. Elena can play with Serena off the ground. I have no doubt about that. I think there will be alot of service breaks in this match. Elena expects her serve to be broken. But Serena doesn't expect her serve to be broken and that will hurt her confidence enough where Elena can upset her. I think Elena will win a 3 sets struggle 7-6(4) 3-6 6-4.

I am very happy Elena is playing well. :) And it's great for the WTA Tour that Serena has returned to action. :D

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
One thing we´re forgetting too: Serena DOESN´T lose finals all that often!! For all the wind and struggle and this and that, Serena still had more winners than ufe´s in ALLL her matches. something Elena did NOT acomplish....

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:15 PM
Alyona in 3 sets! :bounce:

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
One thing we´re forgetting too: Serena DOESN´T lose finals all that often!! For all the wind and struggle and this and that, Serena still had more winners than ufe´s in ALLL her matches. something Elena did NOT acomplish....

But it will be Serena's 1st challenger in this tournament.

This is the other thing you're forgetting too ;)

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Serena will win, but I hope for the sake of Venus that either a) Dementieva makes it close or b) Dementieva wins

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Good counterpoint, bandabou. And then a good counterpoint to your point from Havtuchov.

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
But it will be Serena's 1st challenger in this tournament.

This is the other thing you're forgetting too ;)

But of course....how could I forget?! ;)

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:57 PM
We all have blind spots, bandabou. ;)

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM

Guess so, huh?! :lol: ,)

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:21 PM

Guess so, huh?! :lol: ;)

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Da.

Janet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
I think Serena will win the final motive for her since the person she is playing beat her sister & plus Serena did a hell of a job to get to the final on her first tourament of the year hell of job hands down to her :worship: to complish that. GOOD LUCK TO HER on Sat. I will be routing for her.....:bounce:

pav
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:44 PM
I thought Petrova would beat Elena, and Serena should beat Her, but this Wok -grunter surprises at times

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Plus look how intense the girl is....she was screaming and fist-pumping all over the place. She may lose, but Serena´s gonna fight till she drops dead.

Filip!
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
I think Serena in 2. She's still not back to her greatest level, but she's able to defeat Elena without too much problems.

Cro-boy
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Do it for me Lena.!!!

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
I guess beating ms Venus gave Elena an extra confidence against Serena...I totally underestimated Elena against ms Venus, I really thought that ms Venus would actually win, but a point did make the difference.

Anyways, I think that Serena would win in 3 sets.

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
I think Serena will win the final motive for her since the person she is playing beat her sister & plus Serena did a hell of a job to get to the final on her first tourament of the year hell of job hands down to her :worship: to complish that. GOOD LUCK TO HER on Sat. I will be routing for her.....:bounce:
If she gets angry with people who beat Venus, does she kich herself too after, say, Wimbledon finals and stuff? ;)

Couver
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure how everyone can be so certain :confused: I think this match has a good chance of being great, either that or another error fest like Venus VS Elena.

Elena is playing very well and has a lot of confidence in her game. IMO she's in a position much like she was last year at Amelia Island, where she beat Justine and Lindsay :eek: . I think she has a game that can trouble an injured Serena so would I be surprised if she wins, no.

As for Serena well I still can't believe she's in a final her first tournament back. A good sign for her is that her serve is working well. 6 aces vs 3 double faults against Eleni is pretty good. Her returns aren't that bad either not near her old form but getting there. All Serena needs to do is work on her movement which is a tad slow as of now. Serena's hunger and determination to win should keep her in this match though.

Anyway I'm not making a prediction! LOL GO SERENA:bounce: :bounce:

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
I'd think the chances are 50/50. Maybe a little more for S.... No! Equal!

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Still amazing that in only her first tournament back after 8 months, nobody still has the guts to pick against Serena.... that is telling really imo.

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:22 PM
Still amazing that in only her first tournament back after 8 months, nobody still has the guts to pick against Serena.... that is telling really imo.
32%

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:37 PM
straight sets for serena. 6-4 6-2 or 6-4 6-4

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
It wasnt very funny :mad:

What sort of a person are you to joke about players getting injured :o

I wanna wish the best for Serena, I was only jokin'
Sorry ;)

ace4lleykim
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Serena for sure coz Elena has a very weak second serve, if she improves, the match will be very excited.:o

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:09 PM
Total destruction!

Go serena!