View Full Version : Elena Dementieva's interview after the semis

wilson-dunlop
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:27 AM
E. DEMENTIEVA/N. Petrova
6-4, 6-2

An interview with:

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. This is the biggest final of your career. What is your feeling?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I feel great. It was a very, very tough tournament for me to play. I had very difficult matches against Jelena Dokic and Venus Williams before, so I feel a little tired today on the court. But I'm glad I came through this match. I'm just very excited to be in the final and play against Serena.

Q. How is the shoulder?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: My shoulder?

Q. Yes.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: My shoulder is good, you know. It feels okay.

Q. How difficult will it be to play Serena in the final?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: It's gonna be a tough match for me. It looks like she's in good shape. You know, she's a great player. I think she has the best serve on the tour, so I'm gonna be in trouble on her serve.

But, you know, it's very interesting to play against her. It's gonna be a great experience for me. I think that I have nothing to lose. I did great already, so I'm going to try my best on Saturday.

Q. Will it be the first time you meet her?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, I played Serena in Wimbledon last year, lost two sets so...

But it was on grass courts. It's gonna be first time on hard court.

Q. You have the opportunity to beat both the Williams sisters in the same tournament. Not many players have done that. What do you think about that?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think it's a great chance for me to play against both of them in the same week, you know, feel the difference between them.

Just like I said, it's a great experience to see what I can do against her. She's one of the best players in the world. You know, I'm just, you know, waiting for this match.

Q. You say she has the best serve, so what can be your game plan?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: It's difficult to say right now. I have to think about what I can do against her. I didn't watch her match today because I was preparing, you know, for my semifinals. I have couple idea that I thought after the match.

You know, I'm just thinking about have a good rest tomorrow because I had some long matches before, and I'm sure I'm gonna be ready.

Q. Olga Morozova is your coach now. She's used to playing big matches, like a Wimbledon final. Do you think she can give you some good advice?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yes. She helped me already. She has great experience, not just by playing but by coaching, you know, lot of Russian players. She was captain of Soviet Union team for a long time.

It's very interesting for me to work with her. I'm just very happy that she can help me.

Q. How did you start working with Olga? She lives in England.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Right, she lives in London. It was my mom's idea to invite her. We were talking with her and she decided to come to Moscow, you know, in the beginning of the year. We start to work in Moscow in my club, so that's how we started.

Q. Did your mom know her before?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yeah, of course she was playing tennis and she was watching her a lot. She really liked her. She was one of the famous player in Russia. Yeah, like you said, she was in the final in Wimbledon.

Q. What did she bring to you so far?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think she helped me a lot with, you know, my technique. I feel like my forehand is getting better now. I'm still working on my serve because I feel like I improved my serve during the practice but I can't just put it all together during the match because I'm, you know, just little nervous and it takes time to change, you know, on the court.

But I really like to work with her. I believe in her. I'm sure I will serve better (smiling).

Q. Serving against Serena, everybody knows what she can do with her returns. Do you feel like you'll have to be aggressive and take chances? What will be the key there for you?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think it's gonna be too slow for her, so she's gonna just play three meters south from my second serve, I'm sure (smiling).

It's gonna be kind of dropshot for her (laughter).

Q. You're an optimist.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: (Laughing).

Q. What were the rest of the girls on the tour expecting when Serena came back to play?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I can't tell you for everybody, you know.

Q. You talk to all the Russian girls.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: You know, it's very interesting to watch her no matter, you know, did she have a break or not, because she plays spectacular game. It's also very interesting to watch her play. I think it's not so easy to came after such a long break and play at such a high level. She's in the final of her first tournament.

So, I mean, the whole respect to her. Like I said, she's in good shape.

Q. You like her new dress?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: (Smiling) I mean, that's Serena's taste.

Q. Could you wear it?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Not me.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

wilson-dunlop
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
So funny Elena :lol:

Justinefan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
She's cute

Matthew_Laker
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
:awww:

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:31 AM
:lol: :lol:

j_dementieva27
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:31 AM
i love elena so much!!! "its gunna be like a drop shot for her"

jay_k
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:33 AM
E. DEMENTIEVA/N. Petrova
6-4, 6-2

An interview with:

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

I'm sure I will serve better (smiling).

Q. Serving against Serena, everybody knows what she can do with her returns. Do you feel like you'll have to be aggressive and take chances? What will be the key there for you?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think it's gonna be too slow for her, so she's gonna just play three meters south from my second serve, I'm sure (smiling).

Q. You're an optimist.

Q. Could you wear it?

:lol: she is funny

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:33 AM
Alyona :lol: :hearts: :kiss:

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:34 AM
Lena seems to be very relaxed... that's great! good luck, Lena :kiss:

harloo
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:34 AM
Of course Demented cannot wear Serena's attire, she does not have any pizazz or spark. Demented is very boring.:lol:

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:37 AM
Of course Demented cannot wear Serena's attire, she does not have any pizazz or spark. Demented is very boring.:lol:

she has a perfect feminine body unlike.... you know who :haha:

Janet
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:37 AM
Seren will have fun with her on Sat afternoon...........

Siyasema
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:39 AM
Nice interview.

tennnisfannn
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:41 AM
I don't like the outfits Elena wears. She has a great body good height, i wish she would switch sponsors. Look at Justine's last sponsor, made her look so dull, now she sparkles. I really would like to see Elena in something different, bring out the beauty in her.

katrientje
OMG, such a funny interview. the way she's sarcastic about her own serve :D

Hantuchov

Good answer :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
I don't like the outfits Elena wears. She has a great body good height, i wish she would switch sponsors. Look at Justine's last sponsor, made her look so dull, now she sparkles. I really would like to see Elena in something different, bring out the beauty in her.i don't think elena really cares what she looks like on the court..

SerenaSlam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:48 AM
there was nothing wrong with this thread untill you decided to post.

good luck to both players, hope my Queen wins!

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:49 AM
i don't think elena really cares what she looks like on the court..
I do. Sex me up, Lena.

Justinefan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:52 AM
I don't like the outfits Elena wears. She has a great body good height, i wish she would switch sponsors. Look at Justine's last sponsor, made her look so dull, now she sparkles. I really would like to see Elena in something different, bring out the beauty in her.
Maybe if she wins Miami she'll get some offers! :wavey:

tennnisfannn
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:07 AM
i don't think elena really cares what she looks like on the court..It is not Elena but the clothing company that is dull.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:29 AM

de gustibus non disputandam, I suppose. To be honest, I don't like the outfit Justine is wearing this year. I liked the white/gray adidas outfit she wore last year, and I really liked the all-white outfit she wore when she reached the Wimbledon final in 2001.

Different people need different outfits to look good. I think Justine would look awful in a tennis dress, while Serena would look terrible if she wore the two-piece adidas outfit that looked so good on Justine last year.

(Wait until the next rain delay at the US Open when CBS replay the 1997 semifinal between Venus Williams and Irina Spirlea and look at the outfit Venus is wearing. :eek: I'm sorry, but that button-down-the-front shirt just doesn't do it for Venus -- she looks much better in a tennis dress.)

davenport_1
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:10 AM
I like Lena's yellow dress......I like Lena's Sense of humor.......I like Lena's Hair........Physique........mmmmmm.......Lena in two Sets!

DeDe4925
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:35 AM
E. DEMENTIEVA/N. Petrova
6-4, 6-2

An interview with:

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. This is the biggest final of your career. What is your feeling?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I feel great. It was a very, very tough tournament for me to play. I had very difficult matches against Jelena Dokic and Venus Williams before, so I feel a little tired today on the court. But I'm glad I came through this match. I'm just very excited to be in the final and play against Serena.

Q. How is the shoulder?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: My shoulder?

Q. Yes.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: My shoulder is good, you know. It feels okay.

Q. How difficult will it be to play Serena in the final?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: It's gonna be a tough match for me. It looks like she's in good shape. You know, she's a great player. I think she has the best serve on the tour, so I'm gonna be in trouble on her serve.

But, you know, it's very interesting to play against her. It's gonna be a great experience for me. I think that I have nothing to lose. I did great already, so I'm going to try my best on Saturday.

Q. Will it be the first time you meet her?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, I played Serena in Wimbledon last year, lost two sets so...

But it was on grass courts. It's gonna be first time on hard court.

Q. You have the opportunity to beat both the Williams sisters in the same tournament. Not many players have done that. What do you think about that?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think it's a great chance for me to play against both of them in the same week, you know, feel the difference between them.

Just like I said, it's a great experience to see what I can do against her. She's one of the best players in the world. You know, I'm just, you know, waiting for this match.

Q. You say she has the best serve, so what can be your game plan?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: It's difficult to say right now. I have to think about what I can do against her. I didn't watch her match today because I was preparing, you know, for my semifinals. I have couple idea that I thought after the match.

You know, I'm just thinking about have a good rest tomorrow because I had some long matches before, and I'm sure I'm gonna be ready.

Q. Olga Morozova is your coach now. She's used to playing big matches, like a Wimbledon final. Do you think she can give you some good advice?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yes. She helped me already. She has great experience, not just by playing but by coaching, you know, lot of Russian players. She was captain of Soviet Union team for a long time.

It's very interesting for me to work with her. I'm just very happy that she can help me.

Q. How did you start working with Olga? She lives in England.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Right, she lives in London. It was my mom's idea to invite her. We were talking with her and she decided to come to Moscow, you know, in the beginning of the year. We start to work in Moscow in my club, so that's how we started.

Q. Did your mom know her before?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yeah, of course she was playing tennis and she was watching her a lot. She really liked her. She was one of the famous player in Russia. Yeah, like you said, she was in the final in Wimbledon.

Q. What did she bring to you so far?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think she helped me a lot with, you know, my technique. I feel like my forehand is getting better now. I'm still working on my serve because I feel like I improved my serve during the practice but I can't just put it all together during the match because I'm, you know, just little nervous and it takes time to change, you know, on the court.

But I really like to work with her. I believe in her. I'm sure I will serve better (smiling).

Q. You're an optimist.

Q. What were the rest of the girls on the tour expecting when Serena came back to play?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I can't tell you for everybody, you know.

Q. You talk to all the Russian girls.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: You know, it's very interesting to watch her no matter, you know, did she have a break or not, because she plays spectacular game. It's also very interesting to watch her play. I think it's not so easy to came after such a long break and play at such a high level. She's in the final of her first tournament.

So, I mean, the whole respect to her. Like I said, she's in good shape.

Q. Could you wear it?

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...
Looks like she doesn't have a clue on how to play Serena. She also seems a bit intimidated. Good luck. NOT!! :lol:

SerialKiller#69
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM

I think you've skipped harloo's post.:wavey:

SerialKiller#69
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Looks like she doesn't have a clue on how to play Serena. She also seems a bit intimidated. Good luck. NOT!! :lol:
Looks like that makes you're pathetic life a bit more tolerable. So have fun.:lol:

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM

Oh really yet it was ok for the person who he responded to say what he said. Don't be a hypocrite.

Mattographer
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for posting the interview!! :D I really enjoy reading her interview!! :) She got me more like her ever than before!! :D

jenny161185
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Hope its a good match I like Elena she seems nice

Alan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
nice interview, she's funny, i could imagine her talking with her accent

Dymension
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
Elena :lol:

''It's gonna be like a drop shot for her'' :haha:

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
i love elena so much!!! "its gunna be like a drop shot for her"
I'm serius, she should just put a bit of a back-spin and hit it a bit slower. I'm sure she could ace anybody in that way.

Vass22
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM

Which sponsor do you want. Adidas would make her body look flat, and Nike...I don't know.

SelesFan70
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Oddly, I feel like Dementieva's second serve will give Serena trouble for 2 reasons...
1) Serena will have to generate pace, assuming Elena can get it in!
2) If she gets it in, Serena may be too surprised to hit it!

Seriously, though, Serena looked really stiff in her semifinal. I think Dementieva has a good chance to win this match. :angel:

alfonsojose
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM

I couldn't agree more. That "power-ranger" hell is not for Elena. She has a great body.

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
I don't get it? What's so bad about this interview? She's just being
her charming thoughtful self. The English has gotten really good,
she's quite the articulate girl. Has a better vocabulary than
American born citizens!!!!!!!!! :rolls:

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM

selective reading or being an idiot? thanks for your help in answering this question.

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
They asked her all about the Williams sisters, a bit about her coach, yet they ask nothing at all about her match against Petrova? :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
The hate on this board stinks...I love Serena's body...People are built differently...I do not find flat as board (no ass no tits) sexy...REAL WOMEN HAS CURVES...:angel:

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:11 PM
I know this will make me feel cheap, and I'll regret it the morning after; but
who are you talking about in terms of "flat as a board"?

Damn these hang-overs!!!!!! ;)

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:15 PM
I know this will make me feel cheap, and I'll regret it the morning after; but
who are you talking about in terms of "flat as a board"?

Damn these hang-overs!!!!!! ;)
The WTA has a plethora of choices...take you pick...:tape:

jacobruiz
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
The hate on this board stinks...I love Serena's body...People are built differently...I do not find flat as board (no ass no tits) sexy...REAL WOMEN HAS CURVES...:angel:
Weren't you just posting in the Justine magazine cover thread, saying you could use it for your dogs to sh#t on?:scratch:

"REAL WOMEN" come in all shapes and sizes, and colors. And the hate on this board does stink.

xan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:18 PM
They asked her all about the Williams sisters, a bit about her coach, yet they ask nothing at all about her match against Petrova? :rolleyes:
Exactly. I think Petrova is invisible to tennis correspondents and TV producers.

Beating Nadia like that was a great achievement, but not one mention.

Cam'ron Giles
Weren't you just posting in the Justine magazine cover thread, saying you could use it for your dogs to sh#t on?:scratch:

"REAL WOMEN" come in all shapes and sizes, and colors. And the hate on this board does stink.I disagree (they do come in all colors)...REAL women has curves...:angel:

bandabou
why are people assuming Serena´s gonna have trouble with her serves?! Serena didn´t know her serve at wimbledon either and it didn´t help Elena much did it?!

Glenn
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:21 PM
Everything is good when it isn't overdone.
Lots of girls on the tour have great feminine bodies, lots of others including Serena AND my fave Justine, don't...

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Everything is good when it isn't overdone.
Lots of girls on the tour have great feminine bodies, lots of others including Serena AND my fave Justine, don't...
Uhm...hello...Justine dont :tape: ...BUT SERENA DOES...:drool:

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:24 PM
when you compared her body to Justine´s......now, there you lost all credibility.

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
when you compared her body to Justine´s......now, there you lost all credibility.

What! (spits cup of tea all over computer!)

The Justinator looks fine. Good solid legs, great arms, strong
shoulders. She plays tennis; it's a sport specific body type.

Serena is a bit over the top, it's suprising that she's as good
of a tennis player that she is with all those extra's all over the
damn place. :rolls:

Ballbuster
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
That interview was all about Serena. It wasn't even about Elena.

Let's you know who truly rule the Tour.

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:31 PM
That interview was all about Serena. It wasn't even about Elena.

Let's you know who truly rule the Tour.

Maybe because the writer was an ....AMERICAN? ;)

FLL
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Maybe, but real women don't have muscles bigger then men..

Ballbuster
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:46 PM

Can't accept the fact that African American Women are just simply bigger, faster and more athletic?

Guess you haven't been watching Track & Field, the WNBA. The gap is obvious - so stop hating and accept the true world order.

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:47 PM
What! (spits cup of tea all over computer!)

The Justinator looks fine. Good solid legs, great arms, strong
shoulders. She plays tennis; it's a sport specific body type.

Serena is a bit over the top, it's suprising that she's as good
of a tennis player that she is with all those extra's all over the
damn place. :rolls:

Haaa...but Justine could use some "sillicone" too. About Serena, guess that´s the power of the black female!!

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Bandabou...Are you from the Netherlands? You come across as American to me...:shrug:

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
so muscular arms are horrible until Henin gets them, then they're in? :confused:

um....ok. Glenn was right, lots of great looking feminine bodies on tour....and he's right, Henin isnt one of them

the two finalists are fiiiiiiiinnne. show me a man with a thin waist, big boobs and a nice ass. you can't? that's what i thought

FLL
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Can't accept the fact that African American Women are just simply bigger, faster and more athletic?

Guess you haven't been watching Track & Field, the WNBA. The gap is obvious - so stop hating and accept the true world order.
Can't I dislike women with big muscles.. That is not feminine to me. Do I have the right??? Or is that hating? I would say the same thing with a white, chinese, mexican girls with muscles bigger then some men.. Plus, I like ass but not as big as Serena.. Do I have the right??? THANK YOU!

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:52 PM
you mean "than"?

well there are a lot of lanky, skinny, stick thin men out there.

maybe i should be as stupid as your post and say "real men have muscles"? :shrug:

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:01 PM
Bandabou...Are you from the Netherlands? You come across as American to me...:shrug:

I study and live in the Netherlands, but I come from the Caribbean....so kinda American, huh?!

OUT!
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Can't I dislike women with big muscles.. That is not feminine to me. Do I have the right??? Or is that hating? I would say the same thing with a white, chinese, mexican girls with muscles bigger then some men.. Plus, I like ass but not as big as Serena.. Do I have the right??? THANK YOU!No it's not hating at all, but some people are just touchy. Anyway, good luck Serena, great to see you back. :)

Ballbuster
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Can't I dislike women with big muscles.. That is not feminine to me. Do I have the right??? Or is that hating? I would say the same thing with a white, chinese, mexican girls with muscles bigger then some men.. Plus, I like ass but not as big as Serena.. Do I have the right??? THANK YOU!

I like muscular Women. I like Ms. Olympia Lenda Murray. I like them with big fat juicy round asses. Do I have that right??

By the way, Ms. Olympia is a big ole fat assed black women - I guess they rule that sport too.

I guess you can spot a trend. Your tiny-assed women are second tier. Don't take it personal.

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:15 PM

Tennis players are athletes. Athletes are supposed to have muscles! If you want women without muscles you should be looking at those anorexic models, not tennis players.

FLL
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
Tennis players are athletes. Athletes are supposed to have muscles! If you want women without muscles you should be looking at those anorexic models, not tennis players.
Elena D is an athlete and she is not muscular like Serena.. Same said with Babsi..

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
I study and live in the Netherlands, but I come from the Caribbean....so kinda American, huh?!
What Caribean island are you from? I am Jamaican...:D How is it over there for a Caribean person?

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:39 PM
That was such an enjoyable interview from Elena. :) I don't call her "The Darling One" for nothing. :angel: :kiss:

jacobruiz
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Why is there always this constant fighting over women's [and girls'] bodies?

There is nothing wrong with Serena's muscles. She's an athlete!! Plus she has a beautiful smile and an absolute knock-out hour glass figure!

Justine has a great little toned and shaped body. I think she looks beautiful when she's on court. Granted, her teeth are not so attractive but she can't help that, she can whiten them but she can't change what she was born with!

What's wrong with small tits? Many people prefer them. And anyone who thinks that big tits are exclusively a black or white attribute is a moron.
In short, a "real women" can possess any kind of body - her heart and mind make the difference!

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
What Caribean island are you from? I am Jamaican...:D How is it over there for a Caribean person?

You´re Jamaican?! I´m from Curacao....well since we´re semi Dutch it ain´t bad for us in Holland...we got the same passport afterall.

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
Well said, jaco.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
You´re Jamaican?! I´m from Curacao....well since we´re semi Dutch it ain´t bad for us in Holland...we got the same passport afterall.
I see...:wavey: I hope you love it there...:wavey:

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:57 PM
I see...:wavey: I hope you love it there...:wavey:

Kinda....as soon as I finish, I´m returning....love it in the Caribbean much much better! :lol:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Why is there always this constant fighting over women's [and girls'] bodies?

There is nothing wrong with Serena's muscles. She's an athlete!! Plus she has a beautiful smile and an absolute knock-out hour glass figure!

Justine has a great little toned and shaped body. I think she looks beautiful when she's on court. Granted, her teeth are not so attractive but she can't help that, she can whiten them but she can't change what she was born with!

What's wrong with small tits? Many people prefer them. And anyone who thinks that big tits are exclusively a black or white attribute is a moron.
In short, a "real women" can possess any kind of body - her heart and mind make the difference!

I agree with MOST of what you said..for that :worship:

However, Justine can fix her teeth...I spent A LOT of money getting cosmetic dentistry...She should look into it and take Myskina and Henboy with her...:tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Kinda....as soon as I finish, I´m returning....love it in the Caribbean much much better! :lol:
That the thing about us Yardies living in the US (event though I have been here pretty much my entire life). We are very close...there with a two or three hours...:p

pigam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:03 PM

However, Justine can fix her teeth...I spent A LOT of money getting cosmetic dentistry...She should look into it and take Myskina and Henboy with her...:tape:
Why? Because you say so?
Becuaue every American Tvstar does it?
Because famous moviestars do it?
Justine plays tennis, she's not a model. Why in the name of God should she 'fix her teeth'. Talking about being shallow. :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
Why? Because you say so?
Becuaue every American Tvstar does it?
Because famous moviestars do it?
Justine plays tennis, she's not a model. Why in the name of God should she 'fix her teeth'. Talking about being shallow. :rolleyes:
Do you have to be a model to take some interest in your smile? She is on tv, she is a role model (questionable given her on court antics)...she should set a good example...;)

Veritas
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
she should set a good example...;)

but she already did :tape:

pigam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Do you have to be a model to take some interest in your smile? She is on tv, she is a role model (questionable given her on court antics)...she should set a good example...;)
are you serious?
I'm truely 'offended' by your point of view.
So everyone who has a public 'function' should have a perfect smile.
No wonder the number of depressions/suicide is raising... why can't thing be 'normal'. Sure, take care of your body, but fix you teeth because they're not perfect colgate white ... OMG! That's so shallow! Long live 'extreme makeover' and other american tv ...

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Elena D is an athlete and she is not muscular like Serena.. Same said with Babsi..

Have you even seen these girls? Babsi is definitely muscular! Elena D not as much, but still she has well defined muscles. Its really unfair and sexist to expect female athletes not to have muscles!

sartrista7
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM

Then let's have no more of this "real women have curves" nonsense... because judging a woman's 'realness' on her body shape is embarrassingly misogynistic.

Real women have bodies like Serena's, like Nastya's, like Elena's, like Venus's and like Justine's. Some may find one particular type more attractive than another... everyone has individual taste. But the point is that women should not be judged on how attractive they are to anyone. If they're comfortable with how they feel... that's all that should matter.

bandabou
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
That the thing about us Yardies living in the US (event though I have been here pretty much my entire life). We are very close...there with a two or three hours...:p

Yeah...just the way it is.

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:11 PM
not to be mean...but there is a reason why they aren't slam champs.

if you wanna be the best, you gotta sacrifice your body. Henin did it and look where she is.

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well said, S7.

SJW, Elena Dementieva has muscular arms and leg. She works out hard.

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Lena really has been working out hard...

Except for tits and ass, Lena is just as big as Serena now.

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Those are major exceptions though, Leenah. ;)

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:06 PM
i havent seen her play this year yet

but if so, good for her. i hope to see the results this year :D it's a year ago where i got goosebumps when she won her first title :)

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Those are major exceptions though, Leenah. ;)
Not important for tennis, however.

See: #1.

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Not important for tennis, however.

See: #1.
:lol:

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:10 PM
See: #1 what? :confused:

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Oh I get it. That's not nice. :(

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
#1 tennis player in the world.

No, not Masha. :p

the cat
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:14 PM
Don't bring Masha into this. That's not nice. Leave Masha Kirilenko alone. :mad: ;) But I know you really meant Masha Sharapova. :fiery: :p

SJW
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Oh I get it. That's not nice. :(
it's true. you don't need boobs and an ass to be good at tennis, and Henin being the world #1 right now, shows that

shap_half
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM

You're boring. :haha:

Filadidas
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:59 PM
From the interview I can tell that Elena really has her determination back to the tennis.... and she feels really confident in Olga that can help her to bring out the best..... :)

I am seeing the Elena in 2000 is coming back...... :D

We need more sparkles on the women's tennis tour....... and the Russian girls are the ones at the moment.... ;)

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:15 AM
WHO's the coward that sent me a "Grey" dot and created called him/herself
"WF" and has no posts or even any PM address because this acccount isn't
listed anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so angry!

kfh_9118
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Very honest answer in her interview :D

That's why she is my favourite player :hearts:
Good luck in the final Elena :kiss:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Looks like that makes you're pathetic life a bit more tolerable. So have fun.:lol:
Ain't nobody worried about you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:52 AM
Why? Because you say so?
Why in the name of God should she 'fix her teeth'.
Because they are horrible!! :lol:

Justinefan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:55 AM
Because they are horrible!! :lol:
and are we to assume your a very attractive person? :rolleyes:

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:58 AM
and are we to assume your a very attractive person? :rolleyes:
But of course. :kiss:
That was such a stupid question. :smash:

Serenan'vee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM
Go Serena!

starr
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:28 AM
That was a very cute interview. :)

Serenan'vee
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
yeah it was, I think I like Serena and Elena equally. I previously said go Serena, but i don't know who i want to win! I guess for me whichever winner is a good one:)

DeDe4925
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:35 AM
yeah it was, I think I like Serena and Elena equally. I previously said go Serena, but i don't know who i want to win! I guess for me whichever winner is a good one:)
:rolleyes: