PDA

View Full Version : I have tendonitis in my right wrist. Any advice?

DelMonte
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:17 AM
It's always in the right one, never the left one! Anyway, apart from rest, icing and Advil, does anyone have any suggestions? Miracle cures, perhaps? I am willing to try anything at this stage!

DelMonte

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Next time when you are at work...stay off the pole? :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
:lol: :haha:

well certainly don't play tennis until it feels well. but there are things at places like the sharper image that support and vibrate (lol, yea i know) that u can wrap around your wrist. many doctors believe that a stimulous aids in the healing process... and it feels nice on the wrist

BK4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
:haha: omg...that sounds like a Chris Rock joke

faboozadoo15
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
o... and type way less...

BK4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:36 AM
I have tendonitis in my right shoulder and its a bitch...their are nights that I want to cry myself to sleep from the pain...

When I'm at home, I ice for ten minutes every hour; the sauna helps; and my favorite is advil (its only temporary...but it works).

You should try going to physical therapy if you can. I did and it was great. Now I have a series of excersises that I do twice a day to help keep the swelling away. If you cant do therapy, you just look on the web for excersises that strengthen the wrist...

Bezz
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Some sound advice from a man that knows ;)

Martian KC
Whenever I have tendonitis in my wrist, I actually play through it. It helps my wrist heal faster. It might not work for everyone, but it does for me.:o

FLL
I had shoulder tendonitis and I had to stop playing until I didn't feel any pain. I tried when it didn't hurt very much but it was a big mistake because it got worst. The miracle therapy is REST!!

pav
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:50 AM
After serious consideration , the only cure is curtail all masterbatory activety, immediately, or if this is not possible, change hands, I sincerely hope this helps

alextreiber04
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Don't play tennis for a while. Ice it almost every day and eventually it will heal.

DelMonte
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
LOL. thanks for the advice, both serious and humorous.