PDA

View Full Version : The future of this girl and American Tennis looks crazily bright...:EEK: OMFG....

alextreiber04
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM
http://www.alexusjones.com

:eek: And she's only 6 years old...omg...this girl is going to be good...hopefully she won't let the pressure get to her! :yeah:

kosmikgroove
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:38 PM
" 'The Samurai used a sword. The Tennis Samurai uses a racquet. There is no difference.' D Jones"

hahahha yea except the sword is a tad sharper than the racquet! that's the lesson for today young grasshopper!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:40 PM
http://www.alexusjones.com

:eek: And she's only 6 years old...omg...this girl is going to be good...hopefully she won't let the pressure get to her! :yeah:

I've gotta say, I think that's a little wrong. It really seems like they are pushing this girl awfully hard at such a young age.

But I guess that's what you have to do. With the exception of Venus, Serena, and maybe 1 or 2 others in the top 100, most people are professional tennis players because they don't know any other life. If they knew most kids their age went to the movies with their friends, went shopping, went to parties, had boyfriends/girlfriends...they'd probably want to do that as well. And once they do realize it, they usually become very bitter and resentful and it's the end of their career. Look at Majoli and Barabanschikova. Once they realized what other people were doing, they wanted to do it as well...all the friggin time. Ditto with Capriati (although she eventually got it together.)

But I guess if the kid enjoys it...all the best to her :)

SelesFan70
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM
Back in the mid-1980's, a woman named Samantha Stevenson wrote a series of articles in "World Tennis" magazine about her daughter Alexandra when she was around 6 years old and how Samantha was grooming her to become the next big thing in tennis....need I say more? :banghead:

alextreiber04
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM
I don't think this Alexandra girl had a 70 mph serve at 6 and was ranked no. 1 in USTA juniors :)

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:48 PM
The "Anna Kournikova move over" quote at the end is probably the most disturbing thing I've read all day. She's SIX!

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM
... and she'll end up hating tennis when she's 14. The end.

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM
Don't gymnysts start this early and this seriously.
Poor girl, lol.
But she could be something big, that is if she doesn't burn out.
And serving at 70 mph at 6 years old, that already beat Martina Hingis' fastest serve.

SelesFan70
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:52 PM
I could beat her! I'm a 34 year old man! Then again...I dunno! :lol: She might move me around too much, but I could lob her to the back of the fence I guess. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:53 PM
These people are disturbed. That cash cow, I mean little girl, won't make it past juniors without being burned out to a crisp.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM
... and she'll end up hating tennis when she's 14. The end.

Exactly. We have a kid on my block named Marc Powers that's ranked #1 in the 14-and-unders in New England and is top 50 in that age group nationally. His father kinda stays out of the picture tennis wise, but his mother is sooo fuckin pushy. He plays 5 or 6 days a week for two-three hours, runs for an hour, is on a diet etc etc. He's played 20 tournaments in the last year, so he's basically playing a professional schedule.

I think I've maybe seen him have one sleepover. That's it. Never been to a party, his one girlfriend was another top level tennis player (and that was like 3 years ago lol, and it lasted for a month tops). He doesn't really have any friends, ended up changing to a private school...

And there's NO WAY he'll make it professionally. Look at how many people win Junior Wimby/US Open etc and totally FLOP in the pros. Like not even cracking the top 1000. He can play top level D1 tennis, but nothing more. He won't even be good enough to get an ATP ranking unless he screws the system and plays challengers in 3rd world countries.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:57 PM
When I saw the name Alexus I knew she was black...Good name for her cause she is pretty but some girls name Alexus looks more like aBuick...:lol: ;)

Seriously...you thaught that maybe she likes it...Some kids are born with the genes you know...:rolleyes:

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:04 PM
Bloody Hell!

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:11 PM
A 6-year-old doesn't realize if she likes tennis, or not...

Of course, there's exceptions like Tiger Woods who dedicated their entire life to their sport, and succeeded... but I'd say that's a rarity.

I find it disturbing that the USTA even ranks girls this young...

faste5683
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Another tennis bum dad seeking sponserships for his baby instead of getting a real job and paying for her lessons.

:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:19 PM
We cant judge though because none of us know how her parents are with her...When I was about 6 or seven I got an old racquet from a friend of my mother's and that was the best toy I ever had...I banged balls against the garage door for hours and my family just could not understand it...I have a pretty macho black father and he did not want me playing tennis. I use to go over to the catholic high school by my house and fetch ball for the guys and then hit with them after their practice...I begged my parents to let me take lessons but my dad would have no parts of it...he wanted me in peewee and little league...I was good...and I wanted to so badly...to this day, the men in my family just dont get my obsession with this sport...I was a strong and tough kid and would have been very good but no one supported me... I remember the coach of the high school praising me...I say all this to say...this child my want it...young as she is some kids are just like that...:shrug:

faboozadoo15
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:37 PM
how many six year olds compete? :haha:

i (in all seriousness now) would love to see her play. im really interested.

just being ranked #1 in 6 year olds might not mean as much as it sounds... she could play like 5 tournaments and thats more than every other 6 year old in the country.

BK4ever
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:46 PM
Thats just sick :sad:

miranda_lou
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:57 PM
This makes me very sad.:sad: The first thing I thought about was Samantha Stevenson because I remember the articles she wrote and she and Alex were also on television several times back when Alex was small. I thought then that the woman was sick. And I was right.:lol:

Anyway, what happens if this child doesn't grow? What if she barely makes it to 5'1"? What's her father going to do then?:confused:

Anyway, hopefully she has a mother who is thinking about her welfare.:rolleyes:

CC
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:02 AM
Is she wearing make-up? :confused:

for-sure
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:06 AM
SO Many things can happen before she is even 12/13/14/15/16

CC
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
I think it's the hype - well hype as far as we can see from that website. I assume this is the first most, if not all, here have heard of her.

Martian Willow
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:23 AM
...which USTA juniors rankings is she supposed to be #1 in...? :confused:

brunof
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
:rolleyes: :eek: :fiery:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:46 AM
...which USTA juniors rankings is she supposed to be #1 in...? :confused:

There is no ranking for 6-and-unders. They don't even have six-and-under tournaments. They have one 8-and-under tournament in the US, the Little Mo Nationals, as well as a few sectional tournaments across the country that are qualifiers to get into that event. But rankings, at least in the US, don't start until 10-and-unders, and even then most sections don't have them. National rankings don't start until the 12-and-unders.

So maybe she is the highest ranked 6 year old in the 10-and-under or 12-and-unders sectionally or nationally. Even then that wouldn't be saying much like someone mentioned, because there couldn't be more than 1 other girl at that age playing tournaments. That or this is just plain old Monique Viele style bullshit hype.

for-sure
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
Martina Hingis played her first event at 4...by Melanie Malitor's standards...this girl's a slacker.

Martian Willow
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
There is no ranking for 6-and-unders. They don't even have six-and-under tournaments. They have one 8-and-under tournament in the US, the Little Mo Nationals, as well as a few sectional tournaments across the country that are qualifiers to get into that event. But rankings, at least in the US, don't start until 10-and-unders, and even then most sections don't have them. National rankings don't start until the 12-and-unders.

So maybe she is the highest ranked 6 year old in the 10-and-under or 12-and-unders sectionally or nationally. Even then that wouldn't be saying much like someone mentioned, because there couldn't be more than 1 other girl at that age playing tournaments. That or this is just plain old Monique Viele style bullshit hype.

...I looked down to about #800 - that's as far as it seems to go - of the under-12s and didn't see that name anywhere... :shrug:

Leo_DFP
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:21 AM
She's 6. Enough said.

Matthew_Laker
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
:lol: little 6 year old...

Alek
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:58 AM
Another tennis bum dad seeking sponserships for his baby instead of getting a real job and paying for her lessons.

:wavey::haha: :haha: :lol: :lol:

Mr_Molik
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:00 AM
how fast is 70mph in km

arcus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:22 AM
has no one else remembered that this is April 1st

geoepee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:42 AM
interesting.....

the funny part to me is the Michael Jackson music going on in the background...

"Dangerous,....the girl is so dan-ger-ous..... :)"

brunof
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
Wasn't Martina Hingis still win the womb when she played her first tournament? Or am I wrong?

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:51 AM
Yes...Melanie played a tourney when she was several months pregnant...:lol:

MisterQ
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
That website makes me sad. :sad:

If she's that much of a talent, her results will reveal it. Don't hype her up and give her a very real chance of ending up as a disappointment.

arcus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:57 AM
Ill say it again

APRIL 1st

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:07 AM
April 1st in the US.

arcus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:21 AM
April 1st in the US.

.......... and canada :)

Martian Willow
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:14 AM
has no one else remembered that this is April 1st

...it wasn't April 1st over here when this was posted, but I was kind of trying to point out that it didn't appear to be entirely persuasively veridical... :)

skanky~skanketta
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:34 AM
we have about the same serve speed :tape:

the little tramp.:mad:

Lelu
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:27 AM
At just 6 years old, she is the UTA #1 ranked 6 year old Junior Tennis player in the world.

What is UTA? Underage Tennis Association?

alexusjonesfan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:27 AM
How do you serve at 70mph when you can't even see over the net? (how do you serve at all?)
How are you the US no.1 in your category when 'your category' doesn't even exist?

Yeah, I'm sure she's a black belt in Karate...they just give those away to 6 year olds...what she started when she was 3?

I'm sure she does a great rendition of the US National Anthem as well :tape:

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:16 AM
If She continues playin' so hard, She will be retired aged 15.

New_balls_please
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:18 AM
I can't understand how she can serve at 70 mph.Albert Costa serve at 70 mph too when He plays on clay :eek:

otak6825
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
Anybody heard of Maria Sharapova? She also started around this age and seems to be doing well at 16 years old. Olsen Twins,Tiger Woods, Venus & Serena Williams, Pete Sampres Etc. The list goes on. Anyone today to reach the top of their game has had to start early read their Bio's (Tiger was 3 years old on Carson) He did'nt turn out to bad

starr
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:44 PM
Yes, but I saw that website before April 1. :)

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:52 PM
That website is obviously fake. No one can serve that fast or get a black belt at 6 years old. Some of those pics look edited too. I dont believe a word of it.

pigam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
is this true?
The website looks sooooooooooo::o:o:o over the top ... :shrug:

esquímaux
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Albert Costa serve at 70 mph too when He plays on clay :eek:

:tape:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
i dont know abut karate, but in taekwondo, u cant get a black belt till u are 15. if u are at the black belt level(before 15), the most u'll get is poom(sp?) which is a black and red striped one.

alfajeffster
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
When I saw the name Alexus I knew she was black...Good name for her cause she is pretty but some girls name Alexus looks more like aBuick...:lol: ;)

Seriously...you thaught that maybe she likes it...Some kids are born with the genes you know...:rolleyes:
The English Language is a wonderful thing to learn... C'mon, you're not too old!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM
The "Anna Kournikova move over" quote at the end is probably the most disturbing thing I've read all day. She's SIX! Kind of reminds you of how some moms groom there 6 year old daughters in those kid beauty pageants. :kiss:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
:tape: :wavey:

ce
Jan 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM
interesting,now is probably serving up to 200:haha: :haha: