PDA

View Full Version : Family Circle Cup

SelesFan70
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
I'd say the odds of Venus AND Serena playing the Family Circle Cup are slim to none. For Serena to play 3 tournaments back to back to back would be a small miracle. I hope they do, though. Would love to see that stellar field in Charleston when I'm there. I'm hoping for a last minute Monica wild card! :unsure:

Hulet
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM
Didn't Venus on her last interview indicated that she would be playing this tournament? I thought I read that, but I am not sure.

Hulet
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:45 PM
Yup, I was right: Q. What's your schedule?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I'm just gonna go play the Family Circle Cup.

I don't know about Serena.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:45 PM
yes she did...and I will cry if they don't show up..:bigcry:

if you knew how much those week long tickets cost you would cry with me...:angel:

Hulet
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:47 PM
yes she did...and I will cry if they don't show up..:bigcry:

if you knew how much those week long tickets cost you would cry with me...:angel:
Don't worry. They will show up - they can't disappoint their best fan. :)

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
Don't worry. They will show up - they can't disappoint their best fan. :)
They better not! :armed:

SelesFan70
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:51 PM
They are both commited to the tournament as of right now. Actually, they both commited awhile ago along with Justine, Lindsay, Jennifer, Amelie, and a host of others. It's a great field and I can't wait to see how it all shakes out...especially since Ashley Harkleroad is playing (she's defending semifinal points from last year. Her ranking is about to drop like a rock!). :lol:

Hulet
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:53 PM
They better not! :armed:
If not, you can join the for-sure camp a.k.a the dark side, then think of all the negative little dots you will receive here.

WF4EVER
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:00 PM
I have serious doubts Serena will play Amelia Island, having gotten to the finals in Miami and not being quite as sharp as she's used to being. It may be too much too soon, but Charleston is a great place to pick up, IMO. Unfortunately they won't be guaranteed placement on opposite sides of the draw, but maybe that won't matter cuz I don't see Venus making it to the Finals. I'm not trying to be a hater but I don't think she's up to it. I hope she goes, I hope they both go because they need the court time.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
If not, you can join the for-sure camp a.k.a the dark side, then think of all the negative little dots you will receive here.
Yeah then I can just find a cave to hang out in and cut my rep off and when they lose come out like a blood sucking vampire at night to suck every once of life from ....:eek: