PDA

View Full Version : Raymond & Navratilova move into Miami semis

MLF
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:03 PM
They just pulled out a tough 6-2 3-6 6-4 win over Molik & Serna who had put out Black & Stubbs in the event.

Hope they can make the final and win but there are still some good pairs left in the other quarter finals i.e Suarez & Ruano Pascual, Kuznetsova & Likhovtseva, Petrova & Shaughnessy and Sugiyama & Huber.

Molik & Serna seem to be turning into a useful pair - nothing spectacular but solid.

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:05 PM
i was following the match. at 4-4 in the 3rd set with molik/serna serving, i was still optimistic about a potential upset. the minute they were broken, i knew it was all over. still, nice try, girls!

Zummi
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
OMG, Martina vs Sveta in the semis :eek: :(

I hope Martina & Lisa can at least win a few games :o

alfajeffster
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:20 PM
GO MARTINA!:bounce:

Vass22
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:39 PM
Somehow I think that the younger pair will win. Lena's experience seems to be enough to make a complete a successful mix of athleticism and experience. Martina isn't agile enough anymore.

Philbo
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:53 PM
At least maritna and Lisa have had a decent result at thsi tournament... Well done girls, go all the way!!!

esquímaux
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM

Interesting! ;)

GermanBoy
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:46 AM

A good test for the Olympic Games in Athens... :woohoo: Then we know whether Martina and Lisa can win Gold or not...