PDA

View Full Version : The last time I saw Serena and Eleni Da. play. . . .

Pureracket
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:43 PM
. . ..I remember thinking that the Greek had a nice game, a bit overweight and a terrible serve. What in the world has happened? I think she double faulted once, and her groundstrokes were nice and angled. Also, her body is a very nice one for tennis. She should keep up the good work. Her German coach seems to be working wonders for her.

BK4ever
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:54 PM
Yes Eleni is very talented...she has power and lots of variety...when people talk about a player with variety...they should talk about Eleni and not Justine (she is a power player)

If Eleni got herself in better shape...she would be ranked much higher.

I also wish she would try to dress a lil more feminine...but thats just the girly girl in me coming out ...

for-sure
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:55 PM
She is the Amelie of the future

Hawk
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah she's slimmed down and has appeared to have fixed her serve. If she could get a little more foot speed and stay consistent she'd be a real threat :)

maximus82
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Hehe...I remember walking by her at Wimbledon last year and noticing what a "jock"-ish attire she had on....was wearing a backwards baseball cap and some sleeveless white vest-thing...not to mention the fact that she has a pretty built upper physique.

Her game looked really solid (and variety filled)...I have a new addition to my favorites list!

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:04 PM
I must say Eleni looks really good now. She's got game--- it's just a matter of time before she puts it all together waaaaaaaaa

Martian KC
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM
Let's not forget she's only 21. There is still time to polish that game.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
I luv Eleni! :hearts:

She's so tomboyish in a total lesbian and I don't care who knows it cute sorta way. :lol:

Yeah her game is very different and she has an awesome grass game. I remember seeing her play Capriati a couple of years ago and that's when I decided I liked her game and have been following her ever since. :)

the cat
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
Eleni has nice variety. But Justine Henin has the best combination of variety and power in women's tennis since the days of Hana Mandlikova. :)

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
I also really liked her after I read somewhere that she broke her knee cap...I thought that was determination..

barmaid
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:35 PM
I thought Eleni's performance against Serena today was very credible:D if fact she made some brilliant shots (however so did Serena) but in her post-match interview, Serena did not acknowledge Eleni's fine play:p ....it was all about "Serena"....how I did this, how I did that.:p ...when the score is 6-4, 6-4 I think a little acknowledgement is in order...unlike Venus who was gracious in defeat:angel: ....Serena needs to take a lesson in humility and give some credit to her opponent in victory...you only become a real "winner" when you can do that!!:hearts:

barmaid:wavey:

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:45 PM
I thought Eleni's performance against Serena today was very credible:D if fact she made some brilliant shots (however so did Serena) but in her post-match interview, Serena did not acknowledge Eleni's fine play:p ....it was all about "Serena"....how I did this, how I did that.:p ...when the score is 6-4, 6-4 I think a little acknowledgement is in order...unlike Venus who was gracious in defeat:angel: ....Serena needs to take a lesson in humility and give some credit to her opponent in victory...you only become a real "winner" when you can do that!!:hearts:

barmaid:wavey:

<picky picky> :rolleyes: Serena acknowledged Eleni's improvement. What more do you want from her??

Q. What in her game gave you problems today?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think I made a lot of errors today. She's up, she's improved a great deal, her serve especially. She's really, really, really improved.

I just kept making mistakes. She ran a lot of balls down, too, so she was doing really good.

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
I luv Eleni! :hearts:

She's so tomboyish in a total lesbian and I don't care who knows it cute sorta way. :lol:

That's the first thing I thought when I first saw Eleni! Especially as she was still wearing the backwards baseball cap back then. The ironic thing is that I don't think she is a lesbian at all :lol:

The WTA site says she tore cruciate ligaments in her knee, but I've heard that it was her kneecap as well... whatever it was, it happened at a British Challenger. Jo Durie (one of the Eurosport commentators) was there when it happened... the way she recounted that story during the Capriati match made it sound pretty gruesome. I think she missed nearly a year after that... to do so well afterwards is pretty special, it's the kind of setback which would keep others out of the top 200 for a very long time.

G_Slammed
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:08 PM
<picky picky> http://wtaworld.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif Serena acknowledged Eleni's improvement. What more do you want from her??

That's easy. To lose every match.. and lose badly.

Danillidou has made some improvement .. but not all that much.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:14 PM
That's the first thing I thought when I first saw Eleni! Especially as she was still wearing the backwards baseball cap back then. The ironic thing is that I don't think she is a lesbian at all :lol:
NO W-A-Y!!! :lol:

The WTA site says she tore cruciate ligaments in her knee, but I've heard that it was her kneecap as well... whatever it was, it happened at a British Challenger. Jo Durie (one of the Eurosport commentators) was there when it happened... the way she recounted that story during the Capriati match made it sound pretty gruesome. I think she missed nearly a year after that... to do so well afterwards is pretty special, it's the kind of setback which would keep others out of the top 200 for a very long time.
Yeah I can't remember where I read that but those were the words in the article "broken knee". So it's weird that there's different stories floating around about it. :scratch:

Hawk
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM

She isn't a lesbian..although I'm sure she had many people fooled lol :p Here's quote from an interview she did back in January of 2003.."Daniilidou enjoys a multi-faceted life away from tennis. She was involved in a relationship that ended in June. "I think everyone wants and need a boyfriend," she says. "I don't press. If it's coming, I will be there. And if not, I can wait, of course."

She just seems rather shy about discussing such things ;)

lol @ the quote about everyone wanting and needed a boyfriend. Sounds like a plan to me :D :p

Wow I didn't realize the knee injury was so serious :eek: Wonderful that she came back from it though :yeah: