PDA

View Full Version : Petrova's steamrollin' her way to the final

UDiTY
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:39 PM
In Nadia's 4 matches she hasn't lost more than 4 games in each!!!!:eek:

And now in the Semifinals she faces Elena Dementieva, and her head to head against Elena is surprisingly 5-1.

Good luck Nadia against Elena, and hopefully Serena in the final. And congratulations on your great tournament!!!!:bounce:

Bezz
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:44 PM
No disrespect but she has only had to beat Kirilenko, loit, molik and dechy. They are not exactly the most challengeing players out there. Elena has played Sanchez lorenzo, Dragomir, dokic and Venus. The last 2 players are in a different league to the likes of loit and molik. I expcet elena will win this one 7-5 6-3, :cool: .

UDiTY
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:55 PM
No disrespect but she has only had to beat Kirilenko, loit, molik and dechy. They are not exactly the most challengeing players out there. Elena has played Sanchez lorenzo, Dragomir, dokic and Venus. The last 2 players are in a different league to the likes of loit and molik. I expcet elena will win this one 7-5 6-3, :cool: .
Dechy had 3 set points against Davenport last week...so beating her 2 and 2 has to say something. And Dokic is in the same league as Loit and Molik.:p

Bezz
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Dechy had 3 set points against Davenport last week...so beating her 2 and 2 has to say something. And Dokic is in the same league as Loit and Molik.:p
We shall see the result tonight ;) :cool: .

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
And Dokic is in the same league as Loit and Molik.:p

Or the league below :tape:

Anyway... shhh about Nadia. She's steamrolling, but she's doing it quietly ;)

the cat
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:11 PM
But when Petrova has alot riding on the line in her matches she doesn't play well. And there is alot riding on the line for this match between Petrova and Dementieva. But playing Elena and owning her should give her enough confidence to beat Elena is straight sets.

Martian KC
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Kirilenko, Loit, Molik, and Dechy are all quality players.

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Kirilenko, Loit, Molik, and Dechy are all quality players.

And they all have very different styles... and Nadia's flattened each and every one. :D

ys
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM

And now in the Semifinals she faces Elena Dementieva, and her head to head against Elena is surprisingly 5-1.

Good luck Nadia against Elena, and hopefully Serena in the final. And congratulations on your great tournament!!!!:bounce:
That 5:1 head to head means little. Elena hated playing on grass. They played 2 out of those 6 on grass. Elena disliked indoors. They played 3 out of those 6 indoors. Elena is always out of form in January. They played once in January. Elena likes clay. They never played on clay. Elena likes American hardcourts. They never played on those too. Wait.. They did play once on DecoTurf .. In OB final 5 years ago. And Elena won.

BK4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Lots of people have easy matches early in a tournament and then the first top quality opponent they meet, they crumble...

Look at all of kim's matches prior to meeting Justine in the final ;)

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:14 AM
That 5:1 head to head means little. Elena hated playing on grass. They played 2 out of those 6 on grass. Elena disliked indoors. They played 3 out of those 6 indoors. Elena is always out of form in January. They played once in January. Elena likes clay. They never played on clay. Elena likes American hardcourts. They never played on those too. Wait.. They did play once on DecoTurf .. In OB final 5 years ago. And Elena won.
Did you teach Elena how to come up with so many excuses?

ys
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:15 AM
No, I am just explaining why she lost 5 out of those 6 and will win this one, and why in both cases it is logical.

Andrew.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:16 AM
That was his job. I had to teach her how to bitch.

fammmmedspin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Stats don't tell everything and i can't see it but its very interesting that all of petrova's stats are worse than yesterday and Dementieva's are better - could be a headache or the opponent in part but it could be another case of Russian playing senior ranked Russian? Elena may like being number2 as much as Anastasia likes being number 1 Russian?

jay_k
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:33 AM
Petrova trails 4-6 2-5 to Elena :eek: I am shocked

Andrew.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:35 AM
Elena to serve for the match. Yikes. I didn't think Nadia would roll over this easily.

jay_k
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
Its over 6-4 6-2 to Elena

7~LV3
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
And people say that Elenas serve is easy to break..!!
well, we'll just wait till she faces Serena..

BK4ever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
:haha:

:confused: somebody forgot to tell Nadia that she was suppose to win this match and crush Serena in the final :tape:

Bezz
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:42 AM
The streamroller just ran out of gas.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:42 AM

whoops.

fammmmedspin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:48 AM
Wow. Yesterdays winners/UE count was 22-16 for Nadia today it was 18-39........

ys
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:58 AM
Wow. Yesterdays winners/UE count was 22-16 for Nadia today it was 18-39........
It's just because Dementieva is way faster than Dechy and can retrieve tons of balls with that squash shots of hers. It was frustrating Venus plenty too.

vogus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:41 AM
the winners to UE count doesn't mean much, what it mostly tells you is how good an opponent did you play against.

I had high hopes for Nadya in this match, but Lena obviously just took it right to her. Dementieva in top form is a phenomenal defensive player, right up there with Clijsters as the best in the game today.

jlamire
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:05 AM
It's just because Dementieva is way faster than Dechy and can retrieve tons of balls with that squash shots of hers. It was frustrating Venus plenty too.
Dementieva is not way faster but much more powerfull.