PDA

View Full Version : Look @ This Itch

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Hey all,

Speaking about what some players say about another during a match or after - does anyone remember hearing this remark by Serena? It really was a classic one. Sweet and nice = NO! But classic? 'ell Yeah!

During Serena's match against Els Callens - @ Wimby two years or so ago - Serena said "Look @ this *itch"! This was when Els was keeping the pressure on and playing great. LOL! Anyone remember that? Has this topic eva been discussed?

LOL @ Martina N.. She asked "What did she say?" She heard it - I'd bet.

Was I disappointed in Serena? Yes I was, indeed. But life goes on - and being a fan of a person I'll neva meet - what does my opinion matter really?

Did anyone catch that comment by Serena?

Vass22
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:05 PM
Hey all,

Speaking about what some players say about another during a match or after - does anyone remember hearing this remark by Serena? It really was a classic one. Sweet and nice = NO! But classic? 'ell Yeah!

During Serena's match against Els Callens - @ Wimby two years or so ago - Serena said "Look @ this *itch! This was when Els was keeping the pressure on and playing great. LOL! Anyone remember that? Has this topic eva been discussed?

Was I disappointed in Serena? Yes I was, indeed. But life goes on - and being a fan of a person I'll neva meet - what does my opinion matter really?

Does anyone catch that comment by Serena?

So much for not saying things about opponents.... :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah she said it and I agree with her. Divas do what divas do.

tenn_ace
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Serena must be a rasict...

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:15 PM

Heh. You won't get far posting SANE, SENSIBLE things here GogoGirl ;)

I don't think I'd be disappointed in any opponent for saying that, or even for a spot of trash talking. It adds an extra frisson of excitement to the game... it's not the most gracious action ever, but whatever.

That match was really good... I remember it well. Els had Serena all tied up in knots.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:20 PM
Are you kidding? Did we discuss it? Ad naseum.... for days....

Some people feel she called her opponent bitch ...

some people felt she called her self bitch ...

some people wondered how you could read her lips at all

Here's the difference...we did not hear Serena say anything we all speculated what Serena said based on what the announcers and us 'read' on her lips..Elena on the other hand said it plain english...

Good try though...:wavey:

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
All,

sartrista7 - LOL! My number is 7 btw - so you got a good number.

I mean - I'm a fan. We all are fans of some. I forgave Serena quickly for that comment - although I didn't really appreciate it. Does she care that I was a little put off by her comment? I would have felt the same no matter the color of the person making that kind of comment/remark/trash-talkin'/mistake/boo-boo/diss - and so on. But again - life keeps ticking - and my little 'ole opinions don't amount to a hill of corn flakes to Serena. And btw - who am I to forgive anybody - that truly never did me any real harm and never will?

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:29 PM
Hey Rocketta. How you be?

I heard what I heard from Serena's lips - loud and clear.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM
Gogo girl I disagree that it is set in stone that Serena said to her opponent what you claim she said. I remember that match and there was quite a debate as to the exact words that were muttered by Serena and if they were said at her opponent or not. I also think you're thinking of the Australian Open when Serena played very tense the entire tournament. I'm still not finding the correlation between heat of the battle mutterings and calling your opponent a cheat in an interview after the match is over but maybe I'm just not getting your point?

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM
And btw - who am I to forgive anybody - that truly never did me any real harm and never will?

There you go again with more sense! The way some people have been acting here today... you'd think Elena D had put them out of a job, stolen their life savings and killed their families :lol:

Maybe I don't care as much because both Lena and Venus are two of my faves... but you know, putting myself in her shoes, I see why Lena could have been suspicious, even if she was wrong. I hope she and Vee work it out off court... I highly doubt either of them take it as seriously as anyone here.

Rocketta, I thought that match which was endlessly dissected was the Loit match at the AO? Though I'm never on WTAWorld much during Wimbledon anyway.

Fidel Castrato
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:34 PM
Witch ? :confused:

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Hey Rocketta.

So we'll just agree to disagree then. No harm - no foul. I know what I heard. I know not what someone else heard or heard not. I heard that.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
Hey Rocketta. How you be?

I heard what I heard from Serena's lips - loud and clear.
I be just fine, thanks..:)

I don't remember that remark but I'll take your word for it that she said it....;)

I don't think the two situations are the same and if Loit's fans had negative feelings towards Serena over that I wouldn't hold it against them I would understand actually. I would be offended if I was them and heard that. As I would've been if I heard someone do that to Serena. ;)

tennnisfannn
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
She also uttere the same playing against Venus, probably just mad at herself

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM
There you go again with more sense! The way some people have been acting here today... you'd think Elena D had put them out of a job, stolen their life savings and killed their families :lol:

Maybe I don't care as much because both Lena and Venus are two of my faves... but you know, putting myself in her shoes, I see why Lena could have been suspicious, even if she was wrong. I hope she and Vee work it out off court... I highly doubt either of them take it as seriously as anyone here.

Rocketta, I thought that match which was endlessly dissected was the Loit match at the AO? Though I'm never on WTAWorld much during Wimbledon anyway.
your probably right about the AO match. That's probably the one I'm thinking of.

I don't think its that big of a deal. My only issue is with the people who say well she was still mad. Please lets be honest. Elena was being a B...cause she wanted to be. She has a history of being one when it comes to girls named Williams. She does it cause she thinks she can and that's what people want to hear. It would've been one thing had she lost the match but really she won so what's she upset about? :shrug:

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM
Hey Rocketta. That's what I'm saying. Don't take my word for it. I just have my own ears - mind and head to pull from. What Serena said - I had heard thru my ears - and it then registered to my brain. It was after a point - and Serena was walking back to the service line, when she uttered "the words that I heard".

Martina - right away commented on it. Bless her heart. LOL! No one said anything to Martina - but after the match - who wants to bet - that she brought it up to someone. LOL!

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
your probably right about the AO match. That's probably the one I'm thinking of.

I don't think its that big of a deal. My only issue is with the people who say well she was still mad. Please lets be honest. Elena was being a B...cause she wanted to be. She has a history of being one when it comes to girls named Williams. She does it cause she thinks she can and that's what people want to hear. It would've been one thing had she lost the match but really she won so what's she upset about? :shrug:

I don't think Lena really engages her brain before opening her mouth... I don't think she was mad, I think she was genuinely suspicious - well, look at how Vee played after the time out. Of course she shouldn't have voiced those suspicions, but whatever... Lena and Venus have probably forgotten it already.

I also think a lot of these 'grudges' on the WTA are exaggerated. I don't think too many of the girls have real problems with each other - any bitching we hear about in the press is probably resolved privately, because they all know how the inaccurate the tennis media is. Apart from Patty and Anna K, who do loathe each other :lol:

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
Hey Rocketta. That's what I'm saying. Don't take my word for it. I just have my own ears - mind and head to pull from. What Serena said - I had heard thru my ears - and it then registered to my brain. It was after a point - and Serena was walking back to the service line, when she uttered "the words that I heard".

Martina - right away commented on it. Bless her heart. LOL! No one said anything to Martina - but after the match - who wants to bet - that she brought it up to someone. LOL!
I'm trying to remember cause lord knows we would've talked about it. This was 2001 or 2002?

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:54 PM
I don't think Lena really engages her brain before opening her mouth... I don't think she was mad, I think she was genuinely suspicious - well, look at how Vee played after the time out. Of course she shouldn't have voiced those suspicions, but whatever... Lena and Venus have probably forgotten it already.

I also think a lot of these 'grudges' on the WTA are exaggerated. I don't think too many of the girls have real problems with each other - any bitching we hear about in the press is probably resolved privately, because they all know how the inaccurate the tennis media is. Apart from Patty and Anna K, who do loathe each other :lol:
So now no one can get hurt without it being suspicious! Thanks Justine! :wavey:

:lol:

J/k people!

She did have like 10 games after Venus got a lead on her to get over Venus great play after an injury...but OK...It's over. As long as she backs away from her "suspicious" talk if asked about it again...

Like Venus wouldn't take a loss that is coming to her, as if!

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:59 PM
ok, now I remember the match with Callens at Wimbledon. I don't remember the comment (doesn't mean much my memory sucks) but I do remember the match. Very good match.

Ok, So now Gogogirl. I want to get your point. Serena talked trash to Callens in mid match. Tell how this correlates to Elena accusing Venus of cheating in your mind or are you not comparing them are you comparing the fan reaction?

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
Lena gave a lot of credit to Venus in her press conference, which hasn't been discussed at all here yet ;)

It was nearly the exact same situation as Justine v Lindsay that time Justine accused her of faking, and Nastya v Kim at this year's AO. For some reason the players find it tough to play against an injured player... and when they know they should be taking advantage of it, it's probably incredibly frustrating. I'm so proud that, unlike Nastya and Justine, Lena was able to recover.

I'm also very pleased that Venus's injury isn't as serious as I'd feared when it happened.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM
Yes well when will the players start "looking at the man in the mirror" when they don't take advantage of an injured player?

I understand when they believe the player duped them and they changed their game plan to a wait and see thing but once you see that it ain't working then it's up to you to go back to your normal game and take it them. I think a lot of them keep up this but they're injured I shouldn't have to win this they should just lose it mentally...and it doesn't work..

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah... there's a lot of baggage there, "is she going to retire?", "why is she still running so well?", "how the hell did she hit that amazing shot, bitch is supposed to be injured", "how well do I have to play?", "should I switch up my strategy"... it's tough. Looks obvious from the comfort of the sofa, but I always give the edge to player with the injury, as long as it's not hugely serious.

Rocketta! You must be pleased that your girl Eleni put up a good fight tonight. She served well too by all accounts!

BigTennisFan
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Serena must be a rasict...
Of course she is. To prove it, when she was playing Venus in one of the Slam Finals, after Vee hit a winner, Serena said, "Fuc*ing Bitc*. Yep. Racist if I ever saw one. :devil:

DA FOREHAND
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
Martina Hingis played a pregnant woman and played her like she was trying to induce labor. If elena is so weak mentally that she can't deal w/an injury break from her opponent, she won't go very far, which is probably part of the reason she hasn't thus far.

The very nature of an injury timeout is to look at the damage and try and patch it up so the player can continue. Venus stated that initially she thought she could walk it off, when she couldn't she called the trainer got taped up..err retaped to include the foot and focussed more.

End of the day elena showed once again her lack of class and grace.

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah... there's a lot of baggage there, "is she going to retire?", "why is she still running so well?", "how the hell did she hit that amazing shot, bitch is supposed to be injured", "how well do I have to play?", "should I switch up my strategy"... it's tough. Looks obvious from the comfort of the sofa, but I always give the edge to player with the injury, as long as it's not hugely serious.

Rocketta! You must be pleased that your girl Eleni put up a good fight tonight. She served well too by all accounts!
Yeah, I'm very happy for Eleni! :bounce: She had such a rough, 2003...2004 is looking up! :) I wonder if she is getting into better physical condition? I wonder is she going to FCC? I have to go look at the committment list. I have yet to see her in person...

Martian KC
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
Hypocrites......:haha:

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I'm very happy for Eleni! :bounce: She had such a rough, 2003...2004 is looking up! :) I wonder if she is getting into better physical condition? I wonder is she going to FCC? I have to go look at the committment list. I have yet to see her in person...

I think she's been inspired by the Olympics ;) She's looked good in photos this year... but it's so hard to tell what kind of shape she's in, she wears such baggy clothes all the time.

She said in her post-match interview she was going to Charleston, so you'll get to see her... I've seen her once in person (Wimbledon, the match where she demolished Obata) - the first time I'd seen her play, and I knew she'd go places then.

MarkyMark
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Hey all,

During Serena's match against Els Callens - @ Wimby two years or so ago - Serena said "Look @ this *itch"! This was when Els was keeping the pressure on and playing great. LOL! Anyone remember that? Has this topic eva been discussed?

Did anyone catch that comment by Serena?

Your use of "ell Yeah" "eva" and "neva" makes me want to throw my computer out my window, sorry just a post that is like listening to nails on a chalkboard

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
I think she's been inspired by the Olympics ;) She's looked good in photos this year... but it's so hard to tell what kind of shape she's in, she wears such baggy clothes all the time.

She said in her post-match interview she was going to Charleston, so you'll get to see her... I've seen her once in person (Wimbledon, the match where she demolished Obata) - the first time I'd seen her play, and I knew she'd go places then.
Yes, I saw that! I'm excited. I'm getting my camera ready! Man I need to drag my neice so I can say, "Hey can you take a picture with my neice and get close up shots of them"..:tape:

darn school...:tape:

alextreiber04
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM
The fact that you are brining up something from two years ago is quite sad. Just because you can't find a flaw in her game right now makes you go back 2 years? :haha:

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:31 PM
Yes, I saw that! I'm excited. I'm getting my camera ready! Man I need to drag my neice so I can say, "Hey can you take a picture with my neice and get close up shots of them"..:tape:

darn school...:tape:

Oh the niece can skip school! What's school compared to meeting ELENI DANIILIDOU, after all? And she'll love the tennis too, especially if she's never been to a live tournament before...

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
Oh the niece can skip school! What's school compared to meeting ELENI DANIILIDOU, after all? And she'll love the tennis too, especially if she's never been to a live tournament before...
Actually now that I think about it...school is out but aunti is too cheap to pay for neice to go to the tournament....:devil:

I'm bad...:sad:

No really I don't live in the town where the tournament is at so I'm trying to convince my sister to come at least for qualifying and maybe monday but I'm not sure yet...:rolleyes: It's on Easter Sunday and they go to church so I don't think they will...:shrug:

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:49 PM
Actually now that I think about it...school is out but aunti is too cheap to pay for neice to go to the tournament....:devil:

I'm bad...:sad:

No really I don't live in the town where the tournament is at so I'm trying to convince my sister to come at least for qualifying and maybe monday but I'm not sure yet...:rolleyes: It's on Easter Sunday and they go to church so I don't think they will...:shrug:

:lol: Niece can wait til she can pay her own way ;)

Oh, Easter Sunday... :rolleyes: I have to go home for Easter to visit my parents. They don't have Eurosport, and if a Justine v Serena final ensues and I miss it... I will be mad.

Qualifying is such fun... great tennis for free, usually, and you get to be the first on the bandwagon ;)

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:55 PM
:lol: Niece can wait til she can pay her own way ;)

Oh, Easter Sunday... :rolleyes: I have to go home for Easter to visit my parents. They don't have Eurosport, and if a Justine v Serena final ensues and I miss it... I will be mad.

Qualifying is such fun... great tennis for free, usually, and you get to be the first on the bandwagon ;)LOL, NO momma and Daddy can pay neice's way...:wavey: Collectively they make a whole lot more than me...;)

Ohhh, they probably will end up playing each other just cause you won't be able to see it. :lol:

Man, Family Circle is so expensive nothing is free...:rolleyes: Qualifying is $10 a day. It was included in my week long package for me though. Qualifying is fun though. You get to sit in the stadium and see some of the big names practice and go sit up to the first row of the box seats and take pictures of them practicing.. That was basically Davenport and Hantuchova on day 1 last year. This year I'm happy that I'll get to see Shenay Perry finally. I get to talk to some of the vendors I see every year before it gets crowded. It is an all around good time. I enjoy it. One year I might actually go with someone. :lol:

GogoGirl
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:56 PM
Hey All,

Some of you remember that my response to anyone that says I wrote/post/speak/talk/am - a certain way that - they don't like or appreciate is like: "don't read my posts." It is that simple. Then - I won't sound like you're typing on a chalkboard.

And -I brought this up after two years because - I just thought to bring it up. It was interesting to me. And - same response to you - "don't read my posts." Some folks must have found it interesting - because they responded.

And some here know that I am just a fan like they are. I am not a relative or lover of The Sisters. They are not perfect - and neither are any of us. I find flaws in many player's games. None are perfect. And - I don't have to defend how I feel about The Sisters to anyone - and let alone you.

Some of us need to come to grips with the fact that we all on this forum have more in common than we do w/the next person on the street. I've said it before - and it is sooooo true - IMO.

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:04 PM
LOL, NO momma and Daddy can pay neice's way...:wavey: Collectively they make a whole lot more than me...;)

Ohhh, they probably will end up playing each other just cause you won't be able to see it. :lol:

Man, Family Circle is so expensive nothing is free...:rolleyes: Qualifying is $10 a day. It was included in my week long package for me though. Qualifying is fun though. You get to sit in the stadium and see some of the big names practice and go sit up to the first row of the box seats and take pictures of them practicing.. That was basically Davenport and Hantuchova on day 1 last year. This year I'm happy that I'll get to see Shenay Perry finally. I get to talk to some of the vendors I see every year before it gets crowded. It is an all around good time. I enjoy it. One year I might actually go with someone. :lol:

Ooh, Shenay! She's near the top of my list of players I'm dying to see play. Serve-volleyer, apparently!

I've always found someone to go to Wimbledon with, but my local Challanger is a different matter... I've ended up going alone for the past three years, and it's a very odd experience in that there are only ever about 20 people watching all the matches, and half of them are fellow players and coaches. I first saw Marion Bartoli there though ;)

Even Wimbledon qualifying is free :eek: I'll hopefully be living in London by then, so that's on the cards...

Yeah, y'all are totally, 100% guaranteed a Justine-Serena clash next Sunday now :mad:

faboozadoo15
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM
well we all know for damn sure she called loit a "Fucking Bitch"

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM
Ooh, Shenay! She's near the top of my list of players I'm dying to see play. Serve-volleyer, apparently!

I've always found someone to go to Wimbledon with, but my local Challanger is a different matter... I've ended up going alone for the past three years, and it's a very odd experience in that there are only ever about 20 people watching all the matches, and half of them are fellow players and coaches. I first saw Marion Bartoli there though ;)

Even Wimbledon qualifying is free :eek: I'll hopefully be living in London by then, so that's on the cards...

Yeah, y'all are totally, 100% guaranteed a Justine-Serena clash next Sunday now :mad:
Yeah, I'm excited about seeing Shenay's game...I hope she doesn't lose..:(

I'd probably have difficulty finding someone to go with even if it was a slam...Tennis is not exactly high on any of my friend or family's priority lists especially since it's expensive..;)

eh, maybe it will be surprise finalist next week? ;)

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:32 PM
It sounds like Shenay has variety... which bodes well for her clay season.

I have a few tennis-loving friends, but everyone loves Wimbledon in Britain, even if they don't know the baseline from the net... and it's a day off work, and we always seem to end up in the Pimm's tent towards the end anyway (and on one occasion, missing the last train out of London :o )

Maybe Eleni will be the surprise finalist! :D

"Topaz"
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:33 PM
"Look at this ... beach, bench, glitch, itch, ketch, kitsch, peach, pitch, reach, rich, speech, stitch, teach, witch, zilch, ..." Oh boy! Which one was it, ouch?!

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:36 PM
It sounds like Shenay has variety... which bodes well for her clay season.

I have a few tennis-loving friends, but everyone loves Wimbledon in Britain, even if they don't know the baseline from the net... and it's a day off work, and we always seem to end up in the Pimm's tent towards the end anyway (and on one occasion, missing the last train out of London :o )

Maybe Eleni will be the surprise finalist! :D
:lol: On Clay? :unsure:

Oh Wait didn't she win this clay tournament over Justine one time? :D

No all my tennis loving friends are on the net...:sad:

sartrista7
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Well, I said surprise finalist ;) I think she beat Justine on grass once.

All the tennis fanatics I know are on the net... but I make sure that anyone with even the slightest interest in the sport gets to hear all about Nastya's successes :lol:

Rocketta
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
Well, I said surprise finalist ;) I think she beat Justine on grass once.

All the tennis fanatics I know are on the net... but I make sure that anyone with even the slightest interest in the sport gets to hear all about Nastya's successes :lol:
:lol: My co-workers know more about tennis and the William sisters then they could've ever imagined. ;)

Yeah you're right it was grass....hey grass, clay they're practically the same right? :lol: