PDA

View Full Version : Justine on cover of new 'ACE' tennis magazine

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM
The title on the cover is "The New Order: Can Justine Stay at the Top?" In the article inside the magazine Justine talks about her tendency to get ill easily, her feelings about being no1, her understanding of the nature of her obligations to to the tour, her feelings about dominant players and the state of the WTA, and the adjustment she and her husband had to make when he became her manager. It's an interesting piece which ends, in my view, with a somewhat bitchy (if perhaps not wholly undeserved) comment by the writer. There's also a completely useless so-called analysis (at least that was what was promised on the cover of the magazine) on Justine by Carl Maes.

DelMonte

Ps I believe the article was based on an interview conducted in Dubai or Doha.

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:08 PM
:bump: ;)

Mercury Rising
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I saw it in the shop. Is this so special or something?

kiekeboe
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
Thx, I will go and check it out ;)

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I saw it in the shop. Is this so special or something?

Well, I didn't buy it. I just read it in the bookshop. I suggest you do the same. It was interesting but not interesting enough to buy, I reckon.

DelMonte

faste5683
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
Well, I didn't buy it. I just read it in the bookshop. I suggest you do the same. It was interesting but not interesting enough to buy, I reckon.
DelMonte

Damn! I wish you had posted this sooner. I just ordered 10,000 copies to share with all the Williams, Cappy, and Lindsay fans...

:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM
Damn! I wish you had posted this sooner. I just ordered 10,000 copies to share with all the Williams, Cappy, and Lindsay fans...

:wavey:

Great...my dogs are almost out of weewee pads...sure my copy will come in handy...:tape:

faste5683
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:07 PM
Great...my dogs are almost out of weewee pads...sure my copy will come in handy...:tape:

I'll do it! :wavey:

Down the road, however, you might want to teach the dogs to go outside. It helps with the sanitation situation in the home...

:kiss:

fifiricci
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM
This thread stinks of envy.
:lol: I think its rather a case of mirth that Justine fans appear to get excited just because her picture is on the cover of a magazine which is about tennis. I mean, why is that such a big deal? She is a tennis player and her pic is on the cover of a tennis mag!!

I'd see the point of a thread being started if, for example, she was on the cover of VOGUE, which would be a tad more surprising.

The Crow
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
:lol: I think its rather a case of mirth that Justine fans appear to get excited just because her picture is on the cover of a magazine which is about tennis. I mean, why is that such a big deal? She is a tennis player and her pic is on the cover of a tennis mag!!

I'd see the point of a thread being started if, for example, she was on the cover of VOGUE, which would be a tad more surprising.
Since when is DelMonte a Justine fan? :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:59 AM

indeed, the whole thread is filled with Justine fans rejoicing :confused:

Lynx
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:04 AM

Hm, Fiona, hold your horses ;) :D.

Not many Justine fans in this thread - and it wasn't even started by one. And the one or two who did post here didn't get excited, lol.

I'm with SerialKiller#69 on this.

fifiricci
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Hm, Fiona, hold your horses ;) :D.

Not many Justine fans in this thread - and it wasn't even started by one. And the one or two who did post here didn't get excited, lol.

I'm with SerialKiller#69 on this.
OK fair enough, I dont know who started the thread or if it was done as a joke. Quite happy to butt out of this :rolleyes:

DelMonte
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:12 AM
OK fair enough, I dont know who started the thread or if it was done as a joke. Quite happy to butt out of this :rolleyes:

i don't get the responses in this thread. why would my original post be a joke? i went to my local Borders (bookshop) yesterday and, as i do usually, checked out the latest tennis mags. i saw that ACE had an article on justine. i read it and thought it was interesting and that other people might find it interesting as well. it's really that simple.

if i gave people the impression that i was being facetious or sarcastic, that was not my intention.

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM
i don't get the responses in this thread. why would my original post be a joke? i went to my local Borders (bookshop) yesterday and, as i do usually, checked out the latest tennis mags. i saw that ACE had an article on justine. i read it and thought it was interesting and that other people might find it interesting as well. it's really that simple.

if i gave people the impression that i was being facetious or sarcastic, that was not my intention.

I can vouch for DelMonte he/she is very cool, and is more of fun loving
wit monster than a facetious or sacastic type.

I'm in a good mood. That MP3 of the Belgian radio parody of a
Crowded House's "Don't Dream this Over" sung to lyrics about
Justine with the chrous being "Henin, Henin..." is too funny. :)

DelMonte
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:12 AM
I can vouch for DelMonte he/she is very cool, and is more of fun loving
wit monster than a facetious or sacastic type.

I'm in a good mood. That MP3 of the Belgian radio parody of a
Crowded House's "Don't Dream this Over" sung to lyrics about
Justine with the chrous being "Henin, Henin..." is too funny. :)

cheers, Greenout!

venusfan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM
The title on the cover is "The New Order: Can Justine Stay at the Top?" In the article inside the magazine Justine talks about her tendency to get ill easily, her feelings about being no1, her understanding of the nature of her obligations to to the tour, her feelings about dominant players and the state of the WTA, and the adjustment she and her husband had to make when he became her manager. It's an interesting piece which ends, in my view, with a somewhat bitchy (if perhaps not wholly undeserved) comment by the writer. There's also a completely useless so-called analysis (at least that was what was promised on the cover of the magazine) on Justine by Carl Maes.

DelMonte

Ps I believe the article was based on an interview conducted in Dubai or Doha.
That's one magazine that I wont buy

Greenout
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:51 PM

Denial is on line 1 for you Venusfan, are you going to finally
going to take call or what?!? ;)

pigam
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:52 PM
:sad:
ok then :)

Ballbuster
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
That Magazine cover has to be Heavily Air-Brushed. Justine do have those things on her lips, and do she looks like a lady for a change. That ball cap thingy is getting to me.

kiekeboe
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:43 PM
I' ve bought it, don't regret it !
That interview so goooooooooooooooooddd :hearts:

Allez-H
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
It is?Might considere to buy it too

foreva lindsay
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
well i get it free from the LTA and can't wait any interview with juju is great :bounce: :hearts:

MarySeles
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
Could anyone post some pics, please? :) You are so lucky to get that magazine!

Greenout
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM

Can you post the pics/cover and some choice bits of the
interview for us down at the J-Time or the PHILISTINES for
us. Pleeeeeeeeeze? Pretty Please? :wavey: