PDA

View Full Version : First commitments Ordina Open ('s Hertogenbosch)

grmbl
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:30 PM
First commitments

Amelie Mauresmo
Nadia Petrova
Elena Dementieva
Mary Pierce
WC Michaella Krajicek

70% Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin..

lilly
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:51 PM
I don't think Justine will have entered, if I remember her schedule correctly, she was planning to prepare for Wimbledon on the premises and not as usual in Holland. Could be wrong though, what's your source? (if so, I'm gonna get tickets!)

fleemkeģ
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Well I also don't expect Justine there but never say never. Safin, Hrbaty, Schüettler, Verker, Sluiter and Schalken are the first names at the mens side

grmbl
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:53 PM
and Rafael!!! Woooooooooooooohooo!

arn
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM
I'm sure Justine will not play here.

Allez-H
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:06 PM
Justine normaly won't play here,but you never know ;)

Whatzup
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:59 PM
Great Line-up already, as always! :D

Monica_Rules
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:16 PM
I'm sorry but why do these players play here.

Its a tier 3 and not even in the same country as a grandslam the folowing week.

Makes no sense when Eastbourne is there to be played.

charmedRic
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:18 PM
If those ladies do come in, it'll be good for the draw. I also hope that past Champion Kristina Brandi comes in and does well!

grmbl
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:21 PM

It's one our between Holland and England.. :rolleyes:

fleemkeģ
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:25 PM
Well the grass in Rosmalen is very close to the Wimbledon-grass (players said it ;)) and if the hosting is good why not :)

Allez-H
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM

Some players just like to play there cuz it has a nice atmosphere.Justine and KIm have been playing there cuz it's close to their home and allot of Belgians and their family come there.As for the others,like I said it's a nice tourney plus Eastbourne is very windy and all.Justine actually said last year that it was more ideal to play in Rosmalen than Eastbourne.Eastbourne has some fine grasscourts,Rosmalens grasscourts OTOH aren't the best quality.Going from decent courts (RM) to fantastic courts (Wimby) is ideal in the eyes of Justine.BUt like I said she probably won't play it this year,but she won't play Eastbourne neither.

Allez-H
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:27 PM
Well the grass in Rosmalen is very close to the Wimbledon-grass (players said it ;)) and if the hosting is good why not :)
OK,I've heard something else :unsure: :p

justine&coria
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Justine won't play here, and i heard that Kim would play Eastbourne instead of this tourny !

Whatzup
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM
I think that Kim will play here too.. and maybe Justine.. Last year she said also that she wouldn't play here but at the last moment she came to play. I really hope that Kim and Justine will play.. but it's already a very good players line-up for a Tier 3.. I still think that 's-Hertogenbosch has to become a Tier 2! :D

fleemkeģ
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:23 PM
OK,I've heard something else :unsure: :p
I think I missed something :o:confused::o

Lapin
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:48 PM
First commitments

Amelie Mauresmo
Nadia Petrova
Elena Dementieva
Mary Pierce
WC Michaella Krajicek

70% Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin..
Thanks for the info. :D (There's no 'players list' on the website yet!!)

~|Naomi|~
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:23 AM
So henin isn't playing a grass court warm up?

Kim hasn't decided yet whether to play here or Eastbourne, on her shcedule she still has rosmalen or eastbourne down.

Daniel
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:27 AM
Petrova :dance: :yeah:

Whatzup
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Kim Clijsters will play in 's-Hertogenbosch I think. The WTA Tour made a new rule for Rosmalen.. there can play only 1 top 5 players in the womens draw because last year there were 3 top 5 players in 's-Hertogenbosch and 1 in Eastbourne! The tournamentdirector of the Ordina Open told that Justine and Kim really would like to play this year.. but one of them can enter.. The tournament director already spoke with the WTA and still one top 5 players can enter beside Mauresmo.. so Kim or Justine will play this year! :D

griffin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:53 PM

They can't ALL play Eastbourne, why not spend a week in the land of the Keeshound?

Thanks for the info!

Allez-H
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Kim Clijsters will play in 's-Hertogenbosch I think. The WTA Tour made a new rule for Rosmalen.. there can play only 1 top 5 players in the womens draw because last year there were 3 top 5 players in 's-Hertogenbosch and 1 in Eastbourne! The tournamentdirector of the Ordina Open told that Justine and Kim really would like to play this year.. but one of them can enter.. The tournament director already spoke with the WTA and still one top 5 players can enter beside Mauresmo.. so Kim or Justine will play this year! :D
I think that this rule is low.I mean you have the chance to get 3 top-5 players in your draw but you can't let them all enter cuz some other tournament isn't as succesfull :rolleyes:

Declan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
I wonder whether Mary will play singles this year? Last year she only played doubles, but reached the final (the first grass court final of her career, actually) and the event proved to be the start of her career's renaissance.

A'DAM
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
It's one our between Holland and England.. :rolleyes:
HOUR NOT OUR!!!