PDA

View Full Version : I tell you what will happen with Venus

cool bird
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:40 AM
Ok she will keep loseing until her her safe ranking has ended. Then she will get to a touriey every one will be saying that she has no hope of wining it. All the top players are gonna be there. She has a real bleak draw. But she just roll thought wins the whole thing beating everyone badly on the way.

She wait until its real hard then she will do it

jrm
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:54 PM
Somehow i don't see Venus winning a slam any time soon ... losing to Dementieva is bad especially when you consider Elena's serve!

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:54 PM
jrm :wavey:

jimbo mack
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:16 PM
cool bird, i hope that this will happen :)

right now, i jus cant :sad:

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Venus knows what she has to do.
Her forehand stinks
Her second serve blows
Her anticipation is lacking
Her volleys are inconsistent
Her decisions to go consistently over the higher part of the net (down the line) is silly.
Her return is weak and inconsistent
Her first serve lacks placement and doesn't go in often
Her drop shots are hilarious
Her movement is lacking power movement.

Basically, her whole game has fallen apart, where before it was only the second serve and forehand. She can't beat the top 20 players if she has NO weapons.
Fortunately, she does have those weapons, she only lost them and is struggling to find them. She needs to enjoy herself and compete for every poing like her life depends on it! She makes the silliest errors in games.
I think Venus will be back, in my opinion she can't go any more down!

Legends
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:17 PM
Ok she will keep loseing until her her safe ranking has ended. Then she will get to a touriey every one will be saying that she has no hope of wining it. All the top players are gonna be there. She has a real bleak draw. But she just roll thought wins the whole thing beating everyone badly on the way.

She wait until its real hard then she will do it:lol: That’s funny but you are probably right

This is the first match that Venus has lost due to lack of form alone, this year. And it can only be good for her to see where her level currently is.

After her first round match – Venus identified one of the issues she faced with her opponent was the serve. It was slower than she expected hence a lot of errors on her part. Seeing how she struggled against Dementieva whose serve alternates between fast and slow, you must admit that it was prophetic.Anyway Venus also needs to work on backing up her own service games because she is vulnerable in that area too.

On another note and not really relevant to this thread

I saw that reebok thread I was thinking that you cannot really blame the company. It is one thing for Venus to keep losing to Serena under the PUMA guise but it is whole new ball game for Reebok to keep coming second to NIKE when they would want to compete on equal terms.

Interesting times ahead. But I am sure Venus is equal to the task.

RAA
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:24 PM
I think its raining here and I'm too annoyed and depressed to talk about Venus.

I don't understand why venus wasn't pouncing on those second serves of Elena.. Serena would have eaten them for breakfast, lunch and dinner..

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well even with all those unforced errors and the bad play she still had a match point. Face it she choked big time and its to be expected after such a long break. Lindsay choked away matches when she came back as well.

Serena stands a better chance because she is more technically sound than venus and more mentally sound than lindsay. Serena will most likely win this tournament. GO SERENA!

TM
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:08 PM
face it, Venus will pull a 2000. Forget Paris, she'll come back strong at Wimbledon.

New_balls_please
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:09 PM
Poor Venus :sad:

TM
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:11 PM
Venus knows what she has to do.
Her forehand stinks
Her second serve blows
Her anticipation is lacking
Her volleys are inconsistent
Her decisions to go consistently over the higher part of the net (down the line) is silly.
Her return is weak and inconsistent
Her first serve lacks placement and doesn't go in often
Her drop shots are hilarious
Her movement is lacking power movement.

I love that list! Yes indeed, her drop shots are hilarious. :lol: You gotta luv that crazyvenus-style of play :)

Monica_Rules
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM
I think she just needs to play more matches and get into the rythym of tennis again.Come wimbledon if shes healthy she'll be fine.