PDA

View Full Version : Dokic reunites with Damir

mattmorelli
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM
Jelena has reunited with her Father Damir Dokic.

Read all about it at http://www.dokicnews.co.uk

GoGoMaggie
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:28 AM
Oh no!

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Oh my, the WTA is becoming more and more interesting. Jelena wants to be an actress too? (if this story is true) What have you started, Serena?? :haha:

DelMonte

Exclusive: Jelena reunites with Damir
1st April 2004
Written by Matt Morelli

It has been revealed to DokicNews.co.uk that Jelena has reunited with her estranged father Damir Dokic. The two cut communications between each other last year after falling out over Jelena's relationship with racing driver Enrique Bernoldi. The pair have since spilt up.

Sources close to the Dokic entourage, which has been considerably smaller since the fall-out, say the pair's relationship will be strictly business. Damir will be working for Jelena as her publicity manager in an alleged three figure per month sum. Damir will start work from his current residence, Paolo Flirs in Peru within the next few weeks. (what on earth is damir doing in peru? he sounds so dodgy)

Since their fall-out, Damir has been seen traveling the ATP tour, working for them as an administrative assistant. His knowledge of the tennis scene has proved invaluable to the men's tennis organisation, but he feels now is the time to move on and reunite with her daughter.

“I feel now is the best time to be with my daughter again. We are putting everything behind us and we will work together. I will be in charge of publicity.”

Jelena is said to be very happy to be back with her father.

“I'm very happy to be back with my father.” she said in a press conference in Miami where she was competing in the NASDAQ-100 Open.

Damir's first job will be to try and get Jelena into a film. She is said to be interested in a small part in an upcoming film staring British actor Lars Flopoi in which his character is trying to track down his lost Tuna Sandwich. If Jelena takes the role, she will be the girl who made the sandwich.

“It'll be a very small role, you will only see Jelena's hand as she scoops spoonfuls of Tuna Mayonnaise on the bread. But it's a start and I'll do everything I can to get her the roll.” said Damir. (okey-dokey!)

We'll have more on this exclusive story when we receive it.

martinafan
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Exclusive: Jelena reunites with Damir
1st April 2004

Written by Matt Morelli (mail@dokicnews.co.uk) It has been revealed to DokicNews.co.uk that Jelena has reunited with her estranged father Damir Dokic. The two cut communications between each other last year after falling out over Jelena's relationship with racing driver Enrique Bernoldi. The pair have since spilt up.

Sources close to the Dokic entourage, which has been considerably smaller since the fall-out, say the pair's relationship will be strictly business. Damir will be working for Jelena as her publicity manager in an alleged three figure per month sum. Damir will start work from his current residence, Paolo Flirs in Peru within the next few weeks.

Since their fall-out, Damir has been seen traveling the ATP tour, working for them as an administrative assistant. His knowledge of the tennis scene has proved invaluable to the men's tennis organisation, but he feels now is the time to move on and reunite with her daughter.

“I feel now is the best time to be with my daughter again. We are putting everything behind us and we will work together. I will be in charge of publicity.”

Jelena is said to be very happy to be back with her father.

“I'm very happy to be back with my father.” she said in a press conference in Miami where she was competing in the NASDAQ-100 Open.

Damir's first job will be to try and get Jelena into a film. She is said to be interested in a small part in an upcoming film staring British actor Lars Flopoi in which his character is trying to track down his lost Tuna Sandwich. If Jelena takes the role, she will be the girl who made the sandwich.

“It'll be a very small role, you will only see Jelena's hand as she scoops spoonfuls of Tuna Mayonnaise on the bread. But it's a start and I'll do everything I can to get her the roll.” said Damir.

We'll have more on this exclusive story when we receive it.

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:36 AM
lol Matt ur a star in the press today :p

martinafan
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:36 AM
This cannot be serious!

I mean, firstly Damir working for the ATP tour as an administrative assistant? Are u kidding me? I don't think ANY of us could imagine Damir in that role!!!

And Jelena wanting to be in a movie about losing a tuna sandwich? And only her hands shown in the film? YEAH RIGHT! I don't think so!

This is ridiculous! lol

esquímaux
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:39 AM
Let me guess...APRIL FOOLS! :aparty:

caramel
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:41 AM
This is exactly what I thought when I read the title... :devil:

DelMonte
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:42 AM

ha ha, i completely forgot that it's April the 1st! thanks for reminding me. i have a friend who needs his come-uppance!! i am going to get him GOOD!!

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:43 AM
Matt always does these April fool's articles :rolleyes:

Greenout
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
OH! My God! IT's April 1st. APRIL FOOLS Day. If this "sandwich" scooper
item isn't a joke, I won't believe it! ;)

©@®eLess
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:15 AM
stop being childish!!!! is this part with reuniting with damir true!!!!

flyingmachine
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
Jelena Dokic going to acting :lol: Is this something she might consider to do because her tennis career is going pear sharpe. :lol: Dokic the sandwich girl. :lol:

blablabla
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:20 AM
she's still ranked a few hundred places higher than the best english player

tennischick
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:26 AM
nice one. the sandwich gives it away tho'. delete that and you'll have a few people tricked! ;)

©@®eLess
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:27 AM

:lol: :)

mattmorelli
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:59 PM
OK, all is admitted, this was another April Fools joke. Well done to those who spotted it. Hardeeharhar to those who didn't :)

daniela86
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:07 PM

:D :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
Zavezao si mu usta!!! :)

mattmorelli
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM
In fact the clever ones amoung you will have noticed there's no British Actor called Lars Flopoi, nor is there a place in Peru called Paolo Flirs. Both are anagrams of "April Fools". Muhahah!

pav
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:13 PM
Good April fools joke aside, Jellydocs rankings were a hell of a lot better when She was under the influence of crazydaddy Damir!

Vass22
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM
Jokes about poor Jelena are not funny. I don't know if that was a joke (I'm almost certain that it's not), but her crazy daddy told that he'll stop calling Jelena his daughter if she plays in FedCup.