PDA

View Full Version : Will Lena vs. Nadya be televised?

vogus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:15 AM
anybody know? It's the first high-profile confrontation between these longtime intra-Russian rivals, should be entertaining to see. If there has ever been a bigger Russian-vs-Russian match in the modern history of the WTA, i can't think of it.

vogus
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
bump

wayitis
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:24 PM
1.32% of chance...

Bezz
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:26 PM
For me the Kournikova versus Dementieva match in tokyo was bigger . Kournikova won of course :kiss:

Mathijs
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
maybe taped on ES?? i don't know, but that's where i'm hoping for

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
ESPN will either show Nadia/Elena or Spadea/Calleri at the 11pm slot they have...

So, let's hope Calleri wins easily. :)

tenn_ace
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:31 PM
whatever time is left after mens night time quarterfinal will be filled by Andy... so the answer to the thread question is no.

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM
ESPN is showing Andy after the Serena match.

They may show him twice just to piss us off...

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:42 PM
If there has ever been a bigger Russian-vs-Russian match in the modern history of the WTA, i can't think of it.
I think last year's French Open quarterfinal between Nadia and Vera was for slightly more money, and more points.

Natarajasana
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that it will be a taped match of Roddick/Moya.
Bastards.
:fiery:

maximus82
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:07 PM
If you look on espn's website, under their television listings, they have 11:00 PM: Women's Semifinal match #2...so here's hoping that that is right!

Vass22
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM
anybody know? It's the first high-profile confrontation between these longtime intra-Russian rivals, should be entertaining to see. If there has ever been a bigger Russian-vs-Russian match in the modern history of the WTA, i can't think of it.
April first is over, atleast for half of the world.

j_dementieva27
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:22 PM
yeah and on yahoo tv listings... it is listed as WTA tennis.. and the only match that would be entailed by that label is dementieva/petrova

Natarajasana
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:26 PM
If you look on espn's website, under their television listings, they have 11:00 PM: Women's Semifinal match #2...so here's hoping that that is right!That's what I'm hoping - but I'm not going to hold my breath.

QUEENLINDSAY
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM
I Bet My Money On It!!! They Will Show A Replay Of Andy Or Serena Match!!!!!

SelesFan70
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM
I'll be stunned if they show the all Russian semifinal. They'd rather show Andy Roddick sitting on the toilet or Andy Roddick getting his hair cut or Andre' Agassi blowing snot on the court during ANY match he plays or a "classic" Sampras match. Hell, they may even show the Serena match again!!! :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
ESPN had better get used to all Russian semifinals. There are 5 Russians in the top 14, and they are all young. And Dinara and Maria are closing in.

j_dementieva27
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:15 PM
from yahoo tv lisings:

ESPN2 35 Apr 01 11:00pm Add to My Calendar
WTA Tennis
Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
"Nasdaq-100 Open, Second Semifinal"
From Key Biscayne, Fla.

the cat
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:36 PM
It's the women's semifinals of a Tier l tournament. The semifinals should be televised. If it's not televised then the WTA Tour needs a new television contract. Does a men's quarterfinal rate ahead of a women's semifinal on ESPN? I suppose it does. :( Hopefully atleast part of the Dementieva/Petrova match will be televised tonight in America. But it looks like Spadea is going to win his match and ESPN will probably cover his comeback.

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:39 PM
They keep talking about 5th major. But they will not show both women semifinals.
ESPN is building a storyline - How to kill interest in women's tennis.

the cat
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:49 PM
Only the year end championships should be considered the fifth grand slam. The notion that a WTA Tier l or ATP TMS tournament is the fifth grand slam is erroneous. :(

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:52 PM
Whatever ESPN lists a few days before doesn't matter...

With the way Carlos CHOKED that match... ESPN will probably replay it.

- L i n a -
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Only the year end championships should be considered the fifth grand slam. The notion that a WTA Tier l or ATP TMS tournament is the fifth grand slam is erroneous. :(
Maybe so... but there's the same scenario in golf.

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:57 PM
This ain't no 5th grand slam. The top 5 in the world by current rankings didn't play.

- L i n a -
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:01 AM
This was the 1st year it wasn't.

Put Sarasota/Tijuana back in it's time slot next year... and all the healthy top players are in Miami.