PDA

View Full Version : Venus, Venus, Venus....

K-Dog
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:06 AM
What happened out there? How can you serve three double faluts in a row? On the first double fault, take pace off the next first serve. Underhand serve if you have to. Let's understand here folks that this really could be 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 with Venus winning. It should be a Williams in each semi. Venus progresed well toady. She found her game when she needed to, but couldn't close it out. That will come back in sometime. Somethings happen for a reason. Maybe today wasn't meant to be Venus'. Maybe the ankle injury came at a time when Venus just started to find her game again. Who knows? Maybe Venus believes that she can do it now. She almost did. I'm not saying that Venus will even win another title, or go on the 2000-2002 U.S. Open streak again in her career, but just maybe things will all begin to come together again. Everytime happens for a reason.

jbone_0307
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:15 AM
Venus played like shit today. She deserved to get beaten by Elena the way she was playing today. The only reason she got to match points was when Elena was making errors, but obviously she needed some more help and didn't get it. I'm sorry, but venus shouldn't have lost to a girl with a 65mph serve. I think this was a blessing in disguise. Just think of how bad Serena would have kicked Venus' ass if she was playing like she was today. Shes starting to remind me of Serena 2000, where she could get past the quarters of a tournament untill the Rogers AT&T Cup, but unfortunately, I dont see Venus getting over this. Claycourt season is literally next week and I think people are going to get use to Venus getting whooped untill Wimbledon comes around. I'm still puzzled because I think Venus' mentall injury is worse than her sprains and strains.

K-Dog
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:17 AM
i don't understand how "poker-face" Venus Williams ever lost that inner power to win and pull through. I have to agree though. Today proves more than anything, that there is a good chance that will never play like the 2000-2001 Venus did. Her game has stagnated, and she isn't looking to improve her weaknesses. The forehand is 60% mental and 40 % technique. The serve is 90% technique and 10% mental. Venus needs a forehand coach, and a serve coach. Someone needs to change the way Venus hits her forehand and she can change her serve motion as well. She doesn't have to have dramatic changes in her serve motion, but something needs to be done.

esquímaux
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:27 AM
didn't elena serve 3 double faults in a row too :scratch: :eek: :retard:

tennischick
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:34 AM
hey guys, why spend any time analysing Venus' actual match play when you can join the hordes attacking the Demented Diva for her "actress" comment...:o

get yer priorities straight people...:o :o

Diesel
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:38 AM
The match won't break Venus - she'll move on from this. Maybe Richard being there with her will help her more and she won't internalize stuff like the Venus of the last couple of years. Some of the errors Venus was making she didn't have to make but she did. She needs to stay healthy, be more aggressive and remember that teen who blew up on the spot and caused people to pay attention. Venus has still got it.

BigTennisFan
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:07 AM
didn't elena serve 3 double faults in a row too :scratch: :eek: :retard:Tennis is not so much about winning or losing points, but about winning and losing the big points. If you serve three DF in every game, it doesn't matter if you rally to win the game.

Elena's DFs were in insignificant places. Venus' DFs was in the cluster of the most important places, i.e. Serving for the match. It would not have been a big deal if Venus had gotten the ball in and Elena had ripped winners. The big deal is that when you don't make your opponent play the ball when you are serving for the match, it's a lot different than throwing in DFs in the first game of the match.

ghosts
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:29 AM
Things will never be the same again :sad: