PDA

View Full Version : Scoring threads in General Messages

Brαm
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Seriously, there ARE tournament forums, aren't there? :( Some posters are posting live scores for every match! All those scoring threads, it's just too much!! :mad:

Jennifer-Eleni. Will Eleni beat Jen again? Eleni leads 5-2
Sveta is a real fighter! 2-6 7-6 6-3 against Aniko Kapros
Jill Craybas Def. (7)Vera Zvonareva
Molik Battles, but wins over Farina Elia 6-3 6-7 6-4
Serena Williams def. Elena Likhovtseva: 6-1 4-6 6-3!!
(24) Molik Def. (11) Farina Elia (2nd one for this match!!!!!)
Tatiana Golovin beats Dinara Safina 6-1 6-2
Tatiana fighting against Jankovic!

Please do something about this! :(

alexusjonesfan
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I think they already tried doing something Bram, around AO when they tried to move all the relevant tournament threads to the tournament forums. Some people just got pissed off and bitched and then just started doing the same in GM again :shrug:

Brαm
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:05 PM
So we should just all ignore those threads? :confused:
It's annoying to see all those threads in GM, because this are other forums for cheering & scoring threads :o :(

alexusjonesfan
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:09 PM
no no, you're right. Something should be done about it, but I dunno what more the admins can do other than closing or moving all those threads...which inevitably pop-up again. Who goes to the tournament forum anyway now that you get point by point updates in GM :o

Brαm
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Make me an admin! I'd be happy to lock all those threads :devil:

alexusjonesfan
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Make me an admin!
That's your solution for everything :p

jimbo mack
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:24 PM
it doesnt really bother me,

its simple, dont read them! :p

GoDominique
Mar 29th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah, it's awful and getting worse each minute. :mad:

My (stupid) proposal: hand out lots of Admins/Mods rights to respected posters (:bigwave: ) but ONLY for moving scoring threads out of GM. Anyone who abuses his power will be suspended/banned. :)

griffin
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah, we've kinda dropped it on that one.

Reporting the threads will help them get moved sooner - I can't speak for everyone but it's easier for me to watch my email than the board during the course of the day.

alextreiber04
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Oh my god, you people are just like the sad people who report Janet Jackson or Simon Cowell on TV. You have no lives...jesus if you don't like it don't click it. :rolleyes:

Harju.
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Make me an admin! I'd be happy to lock all those threads :devil:
and someone of course :devil: :hehehe:

Brαm
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Oh my god, you people are just like the sad people who report Janet Jackson or Simon Cowell on TV. You have no lives...jesus if you don't like it don't click it. :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be posting polls about Shenay Perry? :confused: