PDA

View Full Version : Patty's Return

Rothes
Mar 27th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Quite Amazingily, I do not have the slightest Idea when Patty will be returning, I havn't picked up a Tag A, or looked on Blick for ages

switz
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:50 AM
amelia island - april 4. i think it was smart to not play miami considering that she didn't play anything else.

Rothes
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks for that Alex.

Greenout
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I've been to wrapped up in other "feuds" to put my time in here. :devil:
Yes...clay season!. IMHO Patty is up there w/ Justine, Amelie and
Kim as the world's greatest clay courters. I can't see why she can't put
in at least at QF in any event this year on dirt. Justine's not doing
the Italian Open this year- there you go! Patty's chance to take that
Tier 1. Family Circle looks to be a tougher draw; but I really think
the Italian Open looks to the be one in a final against Amelie.

What? Serena? Patty's a superior clay courter than her. Alot of
yelling and screaming doesn't make you a better player. ;)

Let's GO PATTY!! Dirt! Dirt! Dirt!

*JR*
Mar 28th, 2004, 02:39 PM
What? Serena? Patty's a superior clay courter than her. Alot of
yelling and screaming doesn't make you a better player. ;)
Does a French Open title?
:confused:

vogus
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:52 PM
yeah, i think it was a no-brainer to skip Miami, there was no reason to spend an extra 2 and a half weeks in the States at a hardcourt tournament played in very windy conditions, where Patty has a lousy record and would be in danger of losing her first match. She's getting better training for the clay season by spending an extra week at home.

And it's going to be a very active clay season with Patty entered in Amelia, Charleston, Fed Cup (away match vs. Spain), Warsaw, Berlin, Rome, then maybe Vienna, and finally the French. That's like 9 weeks in a row on the road, she'll probly have to withdraw from at least one tournie to stay fresh.

I don't know Greeny, based on results i'd have to say Patty's best surface is indoors, her clay results over the years have been pretty spotty for the most part, but the potential for something big is definitely there, and she always says she likes the clay, so that's a plus. Hopefully she's going into the season fresh and prepared.

switz
Mar 29th, 2004, 12:30 AM
patty is definitely naturally best on clay. she has worked on indoor game and it is now at a high level but for the majority of her career she was actually quite weak on it and it has only been with the sudden development of her serve as a real weapon that we have seen her results improve dramatically. when patty plays well on clay she is almost unbeatable and can make the very best look foolish ie capriati in charleston and henin last year at RG in the second set. i think she is either going to do something big or have a terrible clay court season.