PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Portuguese players

patricktav2003
Mar 24th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Good luck to all the portuguese players who are going the play for the main and the qualifying draw

especially good luck Frederica Piedade, we need you here:yeah:

JennyB
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM
:yeah:

suzie
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:07 PM
;)

patricktav2003
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:27 PM
de nada!!!

dais
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Good luck to all Portuguese players, especially the one's from the Acores.

patricktav2003
Apr 7th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Dais you are from the acores, because me too my family come from there!!

Bigs hope for Piedade!

dais
Apr 10th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Patricktav 2003 Wrote:Dais you are from the acores, because me too my family come from there!!

Hi Patrick, I don't speak Portuguese, but my great grandparents came from Flores. Is Piedade from the Acores ? If so what island is she from ?

Obrigado, boa noite,

dais.

patricktav2003
Apr 12th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Piedade is not from Acores she is from Setubal (I think) but im shure she is not from acores
And me Im from the Island of Sao Miguel (cidade Santa Cruz)

Boa Dia!!!

Xian
Apr 12th, 2004, 02:46 PM
good lukc Frederica and Neuza :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

dais
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Patricktav2003 wrote:

Piedade is not from Acores she is from Setubal (I think) but im shure she is not from acores

Muito obriigado, I was just wondering if there are any players from the acores. if so it would be nice to know their names.

I've seen pictures from all the acore Islands and it is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to visiting my ancestoral home on Flores one day.

I live in Vancouver and there is a large Portuguese community here, coffee shops and a social club on Commercial Drive which I enjoy visiting.

Boa tarde,

dais.

patricktav2003
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:53 AM
No there is no acorians tennis player in WTA actually ! Yes what you see of acorians islands is beautiful but seing it in live is much more beautiful , the people there is incredible, not just my family!lol but everyone , the beach the cities the live in général.
For my part im from Quebec, not abig community of portuguese there but in Montreal YES! a big part of my family is there. But I have family all over Canada!! My family have a big story! and there is some people of my family in Victoria and Vancouver, and also Calgary, Edmonton , some aunts in manitoba

I want to also congratulates Neuza Silva for her win on Julia Shruff 129 th in the world, this is the first win of Neuza in maindraws in two attemps!!!

What a performance from her WOW!!:crazy: :crazy: :woohoo::worship: :weavy: :yeah:
wow wow wow
a match close from the 3 hours!!!
what a battle
and this is the Portuguese player who finish wih the victory

Boa tarde!!

dais
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the information about Neuza Silva I was really pulling for her to win.

It sounds as if you come from a large family. My mother was one of ten children so I had a lot of Aunts and Uncles, Cousins etc, but they live mainly in California with a few here in B.C.

Sonic.HR wrote that there was not much news about Portuguese players so I was thinking perhaps we should start a thread about Portugal. What do you think?

Boa Noite

dais :)

dais
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Does anyone have pictures of: Frederica Piedade,Neuza Silva,Ana Nogueira,Catarina Ferreira,Magali De Lattre or any other Portuguese players? If so they should definitely be posted in the most hot category.

dais
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Neuza surprises, Bovine fulfills and Bartoli is said farewell in the Estoril Open in Tennis

The historical qualification of Neuza Silva, national champion, the waited triumph of Bovine the Elena Russian and the elimination of the Frenchman Marion Bartoli, eighth favourite person or thing, had marked tuesday as the day of the feminine match of the Estoril Open in tennis.

The young detainer of absolute the national heading was responsible made tuesday for most recent of national feminine tennis, when becoming in the first Portuguese to guarantee presence in the second patrol of the Estoril Open. :angel:

Neuza Silva stamped the apuramento favours to the triumph for 3- 6, 7-6 (7-5) and 7-6 (10-8) on the German Julia Schruff, a player who in the last year had been the great surprise of the match, when arriving unexpectedly at the end, after crossing "qualifying".

Agency LUSA

Sorry, this is translated from the Portuguese. :worship:

The Guilty
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Does anyone have pictures of: Frederica Piedade,Neuza Silva,Ana Nogueira,Catarina Ferreira,Magali De Lattre or any other Portuguese players? If so they should definitely be posted in the most hot category.

These are their pics in Estoril:

Magali De Lattre

http://www.atptennis.com/estoril/images/150x200/delattre.jpg

Ana Nogueira

http://www.atptennis.com/estoril/images/150x200/nogueira.jpg

Neuza Silva

http://www.atptennis.com/estoril/images/150x200/silva.jpg

There are a lot of other pics here from them here:

http://www.iilab.com/lagos/fototeca.php?seccao=1&subseccao=8

Just click on "próximas" to see the others. :)

dais
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:41 PM
:)

Thanks,"The Guilty", I owe you big time for the beautiful pictures.

There seems to be a number of people from Portugal in this Forum, perhaps we should have our own thread. What do you think ?

Thanks again for the beautiful Pictures. :wavey:

Ate Logo,

dais

dais
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I,m sorry what I mean't to suggest was a Players Forum about Portuguese players so we could help each other keep up to date.

dais
Apr 16th, 2004, 01:16 AM
For those who don't know, sad news. :sad:

2004 Results
2004 Results
Estoril Open
Rd Opponent W/L Score
1 Julia Schruff W 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
2 Denisa Chladkova L 2-6, 1-6

However, I'm very proud of Neuza and wish her all the best next time around. :angel:

dais
Apr 16th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Women's Singles - Second Round
(6)I Benesova (CZE) d F Pennetta (ITA) 16 63 64
(4)D Chladkova (CZE) d (WC)N Silva (POR) 62 61
S Cohen-Aloro (FRA) d H Nagyova (SVK) 75 75
M Sucha (SVK) d M Camerin (ITA) 62 64

Women's Doubles - Quarterfinals
(2)Gagliardi/Husarova d Callens/Svensson 61 75
Benesova/Pastikova d Krizan/Srebotnik 62 61
Blahotova/Navratilova d Chladkova/Kurhajcova 76(8) 46 62

dais
Apr 16th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Center Court start 12:00 NOON
M Marrero (ESP) vs (5)B Schett (AUT)
(8)M Safin (RUS) vs (4)T Robredo (ESP)
I Labadze (GEO) vs R Nadal (ESP)
(1)Cermak/Friedl vs Arnold/Calleri

Centralito start 11:00 AM
O Patience (FRA) vs (5)J Chela (ARG)
(6)I Benesova (CZE) vs (4)D Chladkova (CZE)
(3)E Loit (FRA) vs K Koukalova (CZE)
Benesova/Pastikova vs (2)Gagliardi/Husarova

Court 1 start 11:00 AM
V Hanescu (ROM) vs (Q)F Mayer (GER)
M Sucha (SVK) vs S Cohen-Aloro (FRA)
Cibulec/Skoch vs Chela/Gaudio
Blahotova/Navratilova vs Nagy/Serra Zanetti