Chunchun
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Do Your BEST in Miami!!!
Get it into the quarters!!!!
Gd LUCK!!
Dont disappoint your FaNs again!!!! :hearts:

saab95
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
It's hard to play her best game after the break.
May be doubles with Lina K can help.
They have good draw to reach something
here.
Good luck, girls!

moo_ont
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Yes, it's hard to play her best after a month break. Plus, she is in the process of changing her service motion, and she has a new coach. She is changing many things. So, I am okay with her not playing well.

Just do your best Elena. We all have faith in you. Good luck in both singles and doubles. :)

Mathijs
Mar 25th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Good luck Elena :worship: . We'll see how she's gonna play :D. Good luck also in doubles with Lina :bounce:

Chunchun
Mar 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM
It should be an easy match for Elena in the 2nd round
coz she is playing Ondraskova / Dragomir Llie

Good Luck!!

the cat
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Udachi Elena! :bounce:

Steff_forever
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Best of luck today, Alyona ! Plz go through ! :D

Mathijs
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
It should be an easy match for Elena in the 2nd round
coz she is playing Ondraskova / Dragomir Llie

Good Luck!!
you never know after such a long break! but if she tries to be focussed she can win it. :D

Chunchun
Mar 27th, 2004, 03:33 PM
so nervous i am at this moment
cuz LenaD is going to be on court in a few hrs!!

You can do it !!
Pls go through!!!!

Mathijs
Mar 27th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Be positive E. Dementieva :D Like i said in another thread i'm sure she's going to win today :) sad that they don't broadcast the match. :sad:

moo_ont
Mar 27th, 2004, 03:55 PM
E.D. I am so nervous as well. I think I am gonna go out when Elena plays...I can't stand to see the score board. I did that before, but when I went out for a while, I told my friend, I wanna go back home to see the scoreboard...my bad. :o

Hi! Northernlight :bigwave:

Mathijs
Mar 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
HI moo_ont! :wavey:

DEETHELICK
Mar 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Good luck Elena, time to shine and enjoy your tennis! :)

Mathijs
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Lena's match is at grandstand after the match Moya - Sanchez so we'll have to wait sometime but i can't wait for the result!! :D

moo_ont
Mar 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I am so nervous. Why do I have to wait this long??? Go Elena. Win this match baby. :bounce:

Hantuchov
Mar 28th, 2004, 02:27 AM
WD Alyona! :hearts:

Great win for someone who was such a long time out of the courts.
Although you 2nd serve didnt look better (according to the stats, of course), I think you showed mental strengh to come back in the 1st set and take the 2nd, with high confidence, easily.

Good Luck against Maria, and please, dont have a slow start again! You can beat her, take a revenge from that bad loss in RG 1st round.

C'mon baby, of course you can! And we believe and we will support you! :hug: :bounce:

JLDementieva
Mar 28th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Congrats on the win Elena!!! Good luck in your next round!!! :D

moo_ont
Mar 28th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Elena :kiss: Great come back. I think she served better in the second set. This is a good sign. She gotta play again tomorrow afternoon. Take some rest and prepare to take revenge baby. Good luck tomorrow. Fight Elena.

j_dementieva27
Mar 28th, 2004, 04:25 AM
alright elena!!!! very, very happy about your win... you HAVE to make it to at lesat the quarters... coz if you play venus, there is a strong chance they will televise it!

Mathijs
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Yay Lena won :yeah: I'm so glad with the result, good luck for your next round match :bounce: :bounce:

Jakub
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:12 AM
well done Alyona :D
but 8 DF :( it doesn`t look good with that serve .

Jackson.
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Good job Elena! :D
Good luck against Lorenzo

DEETHELICK
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Good luck today Elena. The 1st set was just getting Elena into the match. The second set is what Elena should play like!

Good luck girl, just take it to her and power your way through! :D

Chunchun
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:10 AM
i havent watch the live scores when she play Maria
how is the match?

Hantuchov
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:06 AM
In the 1st set, Alyona lost big points of taking the set easily. She was leading 4-1, if I'm not mistaken, or 5-1, and she let MSL come back to the match. But when MSL broke her to make *4-5, Alyona broke back, in the 3rd SP, I think, to take the match.
6-4 Alyona :woohoo:

In the 2nd set, none of them could hold. It was a break festival, Maria punishing Alyona's 2nd serve. But when Alyona could finally hold (till 3-3, it was 6 breaks), to make 4-3, she broke MSL again and served it out to close the match. Yes, I think that's it, cuz I remeber Alyona held twice in a row.

Of course her 2nd serve still needs to improve a lot, I just dont understand when she says that she worked very hard to fix it. Till now, no results were showed, yet.

I think she can play with her 1st serve tomorrow against Dokic, a hit-harder player, she's gonna punish a lot Alyona's weak 2nd serve. But in the same way Dokic hits hard, she takes more risk to commit UE's. And it's the key for Dementieva to take the match, to keep the ball inside till Dokic commits UE's. But of course Alyona can also hit hard, but just for safe, it'll be better to wait for Dokic errors.

I love both, but I'll go with Alyona now! :hug: :hearts: :bounce:

Chunchun
Mar 29th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the report.
if she can improve her 2nd serve, she may hv a higher chance to win.
i m glad she can take the revenge

Chunchun
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:39 PM
is LenaD's ranking pts rise cuz her hv better result this yr??
last yr 2nd round ; lose to Pratt ,
this yr AT LEAST 4th round ! (still hv the potential to advance)

Pls beat Dokic!

moo_ont
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Hi! E.D. It depends. If Elena wins today, I will pass Capriati in ranking and be at least No. 7. Whether she will be No. 6 depends on Serena's performance. But, later, she has to defend her title at AI. She has a bunch of point to defend. I do hope she will do well in this tournament. This is her golden opportunity...really. But, then, again...her serve...yesterday...12 DFs. Hope she will cut those off today.

Pls beat Dokica and have a career high at least no. 7. Good luck. We all believe in you.

Chunchun
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM
she can rise to No.7 if she beat Dokic?!?!?
WOW !! I've gone crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
really work hard today LenaD!!!!
wt will be Serena's result if LenaD rise to No.6?

(now i would like MaSha to win!)

moo_ont
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Cuz now, her point is behind Elena, but if she can make the final, she will likely pass Elena in Ranking. Yes, if she loses to Maria today, even though Elena lost, she could still be No.7.

Stephieva
Mar 29th, 2004, 06:37 PM
beat dokic, elena. ya can do it. good luck.

Mathijs
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Hey guys :wavey: glad she won, was sooo nervous yesterday. It's goping to be tough against Dokic but i think she can win it!! :bounce:

DEETHELICK
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Good luck today Elena. Just focus and fight hard! :)

Hantuchov
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:59 AM
WD Alyona! :woohoo: :hearts:

After that slump in the 1st set, you could come back with all of your strengh to win the last 2 sets easily. :banana: :aparty:

I hope you dont have to play tomorrow, it would be so unfair, to play 4 matches in 4 days. Take your time to take a good rest and keep calm to face Francesca or Venus. You can beat both of them, just play what you can.

C'mooooooooonnnnn Alyona!

Kick more ass in this tournament! :woohoo: :bounce:

Chunchun
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:14 AM
LenaD win!!!!
She outs Dokic!
Good Luck to face Venus

Hantuchov
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:55 AM
LenaD win!!!!
She outs Dokic!
Good Luck to face Venus

Hey, what bout your signature?

I think it's wrong :rolleyes:

Sydney 2-1
Dementieva def. Cargill
Dementieva def. Bovina
Davenport def. Dementieva

Australian Open 2-2
Jankovic def. Dementieva

Tokyo 2-3
Panova def. Dementieva

Open Gaz de France 3-4
Dementieva def. Cohen-Aloro
Golovin def. Dementieva

Miami 6-4
Dementieva def. Dragomir-Ilie
Dementieva def. Sanchez-Lorenzo
Dementieva def. Dokic

6-4, not 5-4 ;)

I hope it goes to 7-4 still in Miami :p :woohoo:

moo_ont
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:57 AM
And, I hope after 7-4, it will be 8-4, and eventually, 9-4. :p

Hantuchov
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:59 AM
And, I hope after 7-4, it will be 8-4, and eventually, 9-4. :p

Let's go step by step :p ;)

But it would be sooooo amazing :hearts: :woohoo: :banana:

moo_ont
Mar 30th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Yeah..one match at a time first. You are right. But can't help. ;)

Hantuchov
Mar 30th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Hey guys, I have good news :banana:

Alyona is the #6 in the rankings now :eek: :woohoo: :worship:

Serena cannot make the final in this tournament, that's why we must cheer so much on Jill Craybas. Yes, it looks impossible, but, I dont know, maybe she can retire :p :lol:

JK, I dont like to see any player retiring :rolleyes: :sad:

The thing is that Alyona just depends on herself to make her highest career ranking at #6. Cuz after Amelia Island, OMG :eek:, she'll lose so many points.

She has already achieved her best career ranking, cuz as Capriati lost, she cannot take more points, so, at least, Alyona will be the #7 in the next week :woohoo:

But I just hope she goes further in Miami to keep her in the Top 10 after Amelia Island points would be removed from her rankings.

C'moooooooonnn Alyona, my baby! :hearts: :bounce:

Chunchun
Mar 30th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Hey, what bout your signature?

I think it's wrong :rolleyes:

Sydney 2-1
Dementieva def. Cargill
Dementieva def. Bovina
Davenport def. Dementieva

Australian Open 2-2
Jankovic def. Dementieva

Tokyo 2-3
Panova def. Dementieva

Open Gaz de France 3-4
Dementieva def. Cohen-Aloro
Golovin def. Dementieva

Miami 6-4
Dementieva def. Dragomir-Ilie
Dementieva def. Sanchez-Lorenzo
Dementieva def. Dokic

6-4, not 5-4 ;)

I hope it goes to 7-4 still in Miami :p :woohoo:

I just dont hv the time to update it........

Chunchun
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:06 AM
now i've updated my signature~
i just noticed that Lena will play doubles w. Lina this day.

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Black/Stubbs vs. Molik/Serna
2. ATP: Knowles/Nestor vs. Cibulec/Friedl
3. ATP: Kiefer/Schuettler vs. Bhupathi/Mirnyi
4. Li/Sun (CHN/CHN) vs. Dementieva/Krasnoroutskaya (RUS/RUS)
5. Gagliardi/Mandula (SUI/HUN) vs. Yan/Zheng(CHN/CHN)

Actually that match is China vs. Russia!
Anyway i support Lena, not my countrywomen

Hantuchov
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Go Russia! :bounce:

Jackson.
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Go Russia! :D :D

Mathijs
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Go Elena in Singles & in the doubles with Lina Go Girls! :bounce: :worship:

moo_ont
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Good luck in doubles today, Elena. :kiss: I think playing doubles today is good for Elena. She can practice her serve and stuff but won't be too tired.

DEETHELICK
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Good luck tomorrow Elena! Believe in yourself and focus on being smart! :)

moo_ont
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Elena/Lina lost in doubles 4-6 5-7. Forget it Elena. Just do the best you can tomorrow. You can do it. We all believe in you. :kiss:

Chunchun
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Elena/Lina lost in doubles 4-6 5-7. Forget it Elena. Just do the best you can tomorrow. You can do it. We all believe in you. :kiss:

:sad: :sad:
who beat them?

moo_ont
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Li/Sun (CHN/CHN) :p

Hantuchov
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:37 AM
I hate these chinese girls :mad: :fiery:

Jackson.
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:42 AM
Same :p
They always seem to be good doubles pairs, yet suck in singles :p

GOOD LUCK ELENA! :D :D

Chunchun
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:49 AM
Good Luck LenaD! now focus on your singles matchES !
do well!
but the first thing to do is to LOWER YOUR DF!!!!!

Mathijs
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Good luck Elena in the other part of the 2d set go Girl!! :bounce: :worship:

Steff_forever
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:09 PM
Congratulations Elena ! I'm so happy for you that you took the 3rd after trailing in it with a break. You ousted one of the sisters in her fav tourny ...

something emotional from a geologist

ELENA =blue sky Benitoite (bright double pyramid, my fav mineral)
DANIELA =green Emerald
JELENA = navy blue Kashmir Sapphire

I will always compare them with my diamond ...

DEETHELICK
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:12 PM
Great match Elena!!! Best of luck tomorrow and get that serve going!! :)

Hantuchov
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:54 PM
Wonderful Alyona! :hug: :hearts: :yeah: :bigclap: :kiss: :D

Saving a MP :eek:

:woohoo:

Now make the final, c'mooooooonnnnn!!!!! :bounce:

Chunchun
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:43 PM
I cant believe it!!!!!!!!
Elenabeat beats VEE!!!
Good job Baby!!!

DEETHELICK
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:03 AM
Good luck against Nadia! Time to focus!! :)

Hantuchov
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:14 PM
C'mon Alyona!

Stay calm for this match and kick one more ass in this tournament!

Time to beat Petrova! :bounce:

Mathijs
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM
way to go Lena!!! :bounce: now go into the final pls pls :worship:

JLDementieva
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:33 PM
Good luck Elena!!! You can do it!!! :D :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
Good luck, Elena. Pls win for all of your fans. :kiss:

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:18 AM
:woohoo: :yeah: :hearts: :aparty: :kiss: :D :banana: :drool:

Wonderful match played. I watched both semi-finals today, and if Serena plays the final like today, Alyona will have huge chances to take this title. That's because Serena couldnt move that well today, she wasnt going for all balls and was trying to go to the winners as fast as she could. But although Serena has powerful shots, it wont be that easy to her, cuz Alyona is moving much better than last year, and she can also move her opponents. Her serve is OK, her 2nd serve is still very slow, but, at least, she could cut down the DF's, especially in the important points, just like when she was serving for the 1st set and had a Triple Break Point against her. She's playing with much confidence and mental strengh. That's a good sign, cuz in the final she will play without pressure, and without it, she can serve a little better.

Only one more good new, Alyona's highest ranking is already #6 :woohoo: Even if Serena takes the title, she wont have enough points to take the #6 in the rankings. But I really do think Alyona will take this title, cuz of her confidence, and Serena is sooo rusty.

Olga Morozova and Alyona's mother, Vera, were watching the match and they were very happy with Alyona's win.

One thing I noticed is that Alyona and Nadia arent good friends, cuz, ok, they play for the same country, but when in the final of the match, the shaking hands was thaaaat cold, Nadia didnt even look at Alyona's face. :lol:

C'mooooooooon Alyona, take this title, you can, just play like today, udachi! :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Thanks a lot Hantuchov. :D I am really happy as well. Anyway, not sure if stupid ESPN will show the match.

Did Elena win because she played better or Nadia played bad?

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:07 AM
Thanks a lot Hantuchov. :D I am really happy as well. Anyway, not sure if stupid ESPN will show the match.

Did Elena win because she played better or Nadia played bad?

Alyona was really focused. She wanted to take the final spot.

Of course Nadia commited many unforced errors and that helped Alyona a lot, not only cuz she took the points, but specially cuz it always happened in the crucial points, like in a BP to be saved (or in those 3 BP's when she was serving for the 1st set). But it only happened cuz Alyona was thaaaat patient to just keep the ball inside and Nadia couldnt stand that, cuz Alyona was hitting hard and deep shots, so Nadia knew that if she would keep changing balls with her, Alyona would take the points. It explains why Nadia went so much to the net, but Alyona hit impressive passing running shots, they were unbelievable. Of course it didnt work every time, but Nadia didnt have an excelent percentual in the net approachs.

Like I said, Alyona was just keeping the ball inside the court, but when she felt the 1st opportunity to pressure Nadia, she did it, going for the shots, moving Nadia side to side, till takes the points. I really think Alyona played with much confidence today, after her win over Venus, she hit an ace :eek: :eek: It was so shoking to me :lol: It wasnt that powerful, but very well placed. Her return is muuuuuuch better, even in the powerful serves from Nadia, she always returned inside. And that's good against Serena, to make her play the point.

Alyona is fitter than her and she must take advantage on it to take her last win in this tournament. And I really believe in her. She just need to move the rusty Serena that the title belongs to her :hearts: :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
Thanks Huntuchov. I hope I will get to see this match tonight. I am now so thrilled with her comeback. Who would have thought she would do so well after a brief slump. I am sure though she will defend about 450 points in April, she will stay in the top 10. I am so happy.

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:15 AM
Yes, the most important thing is that she will be kept in the Top 10, for sure. But she can win points in RG, where she lost in the 1st round last year.

I really hope you can watch this match, cuz Alyona played really well. I wanted to see her match against Venus, I think it was more emotional :lol: hehehe

I just saw some points on Sportscenter and it looked to be so fine. Alyona celebrated more her win over Venus than over Nadia.

Let's see her reaction when she will defeat Serena on Saturday ;)

Just kidding, step by step :hehehe: ;)

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:22 AM
haha...Let's hope it will be 9-4 win-loss for her.

I did see the match Elena vs. Venus. Elena played really great groundstroke. She went for her shot and hit lots of forehand winners. Then, after she got broken at 5-4, it seemed like she stopped being aggressive. She just tried to keep the ball in which is not good to play against Venus. But after being down 0-3 in the third, she went for her shot again and hit some great winners. She did great. She also pumped her fist a couple of times in the 3rd set.

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:26 AM
haha...Let's hope it will be 9-4 win-loss for her.

I did see the match Elena vs. Venus. Elena played really great groundstroke. She went for her shot and hit lots of forehand winners. Then, after she got broken at 5-4, it seemed like she stopped being aggressive. She just tried to keep the ball in which is not good to play against Venus. But after being down 0-3 in the third, she went for her shot again and hit some great winners. She did great. She also pumped her fist a couple of times in the 3rd set.

Forehand winners? :eek:

She got some today, but her best shot is her backhand. I think she got more winners with her BH than with the FH. Even when they were changing balls, Alyona used much more the backhand.

I'm so anxious, I wanted this match to be played tomorrow.
I cant wait till Saturday :lol: :toothy: :p

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:29 AM
Yes, forehand winners.

Did she use slice backhand? Yesterday, she used it sometimes, and it worked.

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:39 AM
Yes, forehand winners.

Did she use slice backhand? Yesterday, she used it sometimes, and it worked.

No, she didnt. Maybe a few ones, but Nadia was slicing a lot, much more than Alyona

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:43 AM
Different game plans, I guess. I think Olga has helped Elena a lot, and it seems to me she really admires and respects Olga. Now, she has 2 moms with her on tour. Interesting...:lol:

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:56 AM
Different game plans, I guess. I think Olga has helped Elena a lot, and it seems to me she really admires and respects Olga. Now, she has 2 moms with her on tour. Interesting...:lol:

Yes, Alyona said in her interview today that Olga helps her a lot. It's important, to trust in your coach ;) :worship:

Vera and Olga get on well too, they kissed on their face (of course, lol :lol: ) after Alyona got the last point.

Goooooooooo Alyona!

Man, it's incredible. People underestimates a lot Alyona, just take a look on General Messages thread that you'll see. :rolleyes:

Udachi Alyona, show them who is the boss in Miami :bounce:

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:02 AM
I forgot to say, she was in new outfit. Light green and white. Gorgeous, as always :hearts: :kiss: :drool:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:07 AM
Thanks Hantuchov. You know what happens!!! ESPN is showing Roddick vs. Moya instead of Elena vs. Nadia. It sucks BIG time. pfffffff

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:11 AM
Thanks Hantuchov. You know what happens!!! ESPN is showing Roddick vs. Moya instead of Elena vs. Nadia. It sucks BIG time. pfffffff

Here it also happens :mad:
They hardly ever show female tennis too :bigcry:

I can only watch some GS's matches and both semi-finals and finals of Tier I events. That's why I'm so pleased when I can watch WTA matches, sometimes I tape it, just like today :lol:

Sorry, but I dont think they will show it, only if an american would be playing :rolleyes:
But dont lose the hope ;)

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
Damn. Yahoo doesnt update its gallery. I want to post some pics of Alyona's today :hearts:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:17 AM
Actually, I will see Elena on Saturday anyway, but I wanna see how Elena played against the Russian fellows. :mad:

BTW, about Elana-Nadia's friendship, I think they are ok. Last time, I saw Myskina playing Nadia (Philly). They seemed so distant. However, when they play together at FedCup, they are ok. I think Nadia just felt overwhelmed after the loss. She has done so well in this tournament. Maybe, no match touch like Elena. I hope this will help Elena when she plays Serena.:)

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
Actually, I will see Elena on Saturday anyway, but I wanna see how Elena played against the Russian fellows. :mad:

BTW, about Elana-Nadia's friendship, I think they are ok. Last time, I saw Myskina playing Nadia (Philly). They seemed so distant. However, when they play together at FedCup, they are ok. I think Nadia just felt overwhelmed after the loss. She has done so well in this tournament. Maybe, no match touch like Elena. I hope this will help Elena when she plays Serena.:)

Well, they must get on well in Fed Cup, cuz thei are playing for the same reason and for she same goal.

I still think they are not that close. I know Alyona and Lina are good friends, apart from the doubles partnership. I also think Nastya and Vera are friendly. But Nadia doesnt look so :p

Man, i gotta go to bet now. I'm flying with the clouds, just to have an idea how thrilled I am :lol:

I'll have a dream with Alyona taking the title :worship: :worship:

And it will become reality very soon :p

Good night, sorry for ESPN :mad: :wavey:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:35 AM
Good night Hantuchov. You sure have a sweet dream. :bigwave:

DEETHELICK
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
Great win for Elena. She really improved her game.

I'm glad she has a day off today, as she will need to fight hard tomorrow!

Serena may be the favourite, but I always believe Elena has a chance.

Good luck Elena, fight hard and focus tomorrow! You can do it :hearts:

Steff_forever
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
congratulations Alyona !!!
Focus on your 1st serve and you'll have a good chance to win that damn trophy. Go for it, good luck !

Jakub
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:54 AM
all the best Elena :)
you can do it !

KV
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:36 AM
Good luck in the final

Mathijs
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:39 AM
Go Lena in the final :worship: :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
North :bigwave:

Mathijs
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:43 AM
Hi moo! :wavey:

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
I watched the match today again, and Alyona had more FH winners than BH :lol:

:rolleyes: @ me

I didnt know why i didnt pay so much attention on her FH's yesterday...hahaha

She got some nice ace returns with the FH, but she also commited many UE's with the FH.

Gooooooooooooo Alyona! :hearts: :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif Do you think her backhand is getting better?

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif Do you think her backhand is getting better?

:lol: :p

Yes, I really think. She's hitting it with more top spin, putting some effects on the ball, it's a nice shot to annoy Serena a little bit, to make Serena fold her rusty knee and commits the unforced errors ;)

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
In the match against Venus, Elena hit slice backhand sometimes. Never saw her have it before that match. She has more variety on her backhand. It's a good sign. :D

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
In the match against Venus, Elena hit slice backhand sometimes. Never saw her have it before that match. She has more variety on her backhand. It's a good sign. :D

Yup :drool:

She also hit some slices, but not that good. I also think it was the 1st time i saw Alyona's slice, it's another gun she has now. But yesterday she just hit slice when she Nadia was attacking her, and to get enough time to be ready for another ball, she hit nice deep slices :yeah: :D

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
I dont know if I'll watch her match tomorrow :sobbing:

I hope it will start @ 1 PM, just like Serena's match yesterday. If it would start after 3 PM, I wouldnt be able to watch it live :mad: :fiery:

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
I am sure it's from Olga. They are so great together. I saw a clip in that match, about 30 seconds. I saw Vera and Olga cheering for Elena, but they were sitting in different rows.

I think yesterday Nadia played not so bad. In the clip, Nadia attacked Elena with her forehand. I think it always worked with other players, but not Elena. She hit bigger forehand back and Nadia hit the ball into the net. Elena is just http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif.

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:04 PM
It will start before Serena match 1 hr, I guess. Don't worry, you will get to see the match.

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
It will start before Serena match 1 hr, I guess. Don't worry, you will get to see the match.

Are you sure? That's all I want :bounce:

Yes, talking bout Nadia again, she was very aggressive, specially with her powerful FH's, but Alyona was moving so well that she could hit the ball back. Nadia got some nice swing volleys, when she moved Alyona and the ball is next to the net, but sometimes she wasted it and gave Alyona free points.

moo_ont
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
I saw the schedule in NASDAQ website. It says 12:00 pm-2:00 pm, so it's earlier than Serena semis match 1 hr.

Nadia has a big forehand as well, I guess. But I am sure Elena's is better. ;)

Hantuchov
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Yeeeeessssssss :woohoo:

I'm gonna watch it live :banana:

DEETHELICK
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:59 AM
I wish Elena the best of luck today! She really has to concentrate and fight hard! Good luck Elena! :D

Vass22
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
I havn't been here long, so I'm asking you guys: who has more active/passive supporters here? The Russians or the Williamses? And Lena or Serena?

Chunchun
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:56 PM
Hi Hantuchov ~
it seems that u are going to win PAW Miami
cuz u are 32 pts ahead of the 2nd place.

Mathijs
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM
GO Lena GO I believe you can make it if you believe in yourself and Be positive please you got nothing to lose!!! :bounce: :worship:

moo_ont
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Do you best baby! You can do it. We all always believe in you. :kiss:

zeorzin
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Good luck today Elena!

DEETHELICK
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
I had to wish Elena good luck again! Just keep your momentum going and fight hard!

You can do it Elena! :)

Hantuchov
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:37 PM
Poor Alyona!
She played like shit today, but it doesnt matter, she was nice in the awarding ceremony and seemed to be happy with her great tournament. That's what really matters, today wasnt her day, but best days will come, I'm sure.

Keep going and keep this level for the next tournaments, my baby! :hug:

I will always support you! :hearts: :bounce:

moo_ont
Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Ditto Hantuchov. I think she know she can match Serena when it comes to ground game, just her serve...:( This will motivate her to work harder on it.

Mathijs
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:09 PM
Oh well, Her serve was crap but i still see some positive things in her game :D
Get over this match and try to concentrate on defending your title in AE :D