PDA

View Full Version : Emma Laine!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

pcrtennis
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
This is a thread for the young and talented rising star of Finland! :bounce: WOOOOOOOT!!!! :worship:

veera
Mar 27th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Hi, I’m new here.

Emma is so talented…If she keeps up the way she’s playing now, she’ll be in the top 2000 of the rankings by the end of the year.

Here is an article about Emma from a Finnish news paper…(Sorry, my English is not that good…)

Emma Laine moved to Helsinki to grow up

Who?
EMMA LAINE
-was born 26. 3 1986 in Karlstad, Sweden
-left-handed
-junior ranking in the end of the last year: 4th
-WTA-ranking now: 490th
-tournaments in 2004: Hull, Britain (10 000$) second round, Tipton Britain (10 000$) won singles, semifinal in doubles with Essi Laine, Capriolo, Italy (10 000$) won both singles and doubles with Essi Laine

As a fifteen-year-old a talented tennis player Emma Laine from Lahti said she would never move away from her hometown, cause she “likes Lahti so much”.
Two years later, last November she moved with her tennis playing older sister Essi to Helsinki. “Never say never”, Laine laughs and admits, that Lahti has left number two. “Me and Essi have liked living here a lot. After a long time everything is fine now. It was so hard to get practise lessons. There are so much better training possibilities in Helsinki, and the coach is here too.
Capital is not a boring place to live for the sisters. They have been in hockey games and movies, and Emma’s best friend lives here too.
When they were choosing the apartment, the most important thing was,that the place should be near Tali’s tennis center. The place was found from one kilometer away, in Pitäjänmäki. Sisters have their parent’s other car in their use, but Emma hasn’t got a driver’s license yet. It is easy to forget that the long standing Finnish number one tennis player turns just 18 later this month. “I don’t feel like a grow up because of the age. Although when you move away from home, you have to do all the household jobs. Even those you hate.” Laine says.
Miss has grown up in other ways too. She has decided to play only women’s events this year, though she could have played junior tournaments. Laine was in the end of the last year in top 5 of the juniors, which means she can get wild cards to some 25 000$ and 50 000$ tournaments.
The adult career could not have started better. In the first event of the year, in Britain’s Hull, Emma made it to the second round but took her first women’s tournament win in Tipton, England a week later. In doubles she made it to the semis with her sister.
In her own words, Emma Laine had no idea she would succeed this soon in women’s tournaments.
“Before the season everyone were asking my goals. I couldn’t say nothing, when didn’t know at all how I will do. The coach has seen more big games, but I believe, that it was a surprise to him too – but even more surprising it was to me and my family.”
In the end of the February Laine’s played in Italy. Emma won second time in a row, when she defeated Croatia’s Nika Ozegocvic in the final. Emma and Essi won also the doubles. “That was a…” Emma laughs and shakes her head when she talks about the doubles win. “I would not have believed. In England we were in semis, but in Italy we did it even better.”
10 000$ tournaments are still so small, that Emma isnät making money. “My parents work hard”, she answers. She’s taking a year off frpm high school and is planning to study in evening classes next year.
Though the season has started with pleasant surprises, Laine doesn’t want to set clear goals for the season. “I should get my ranking better, so I could make it to the bigger tournaments.I hate to set number goals.” She’s not even following her own WTA-ranking. “I never know nothing, just hear from someone, what it is”, relaxed and balanced young woman says.

BTW, I can’t believe she lives in Pitäjänmäki. That’s like the ghetto of Helsinki. I guess they really don’t have a lot of money.

korben
Mar 27th, 2004, 05:57 PM
BTW, I can’t believe she lives in Pitäjänmäki. That’s like the ghetto of Helsinki.
Isn´t there tennis center right next door. Not too many in here :(
Might be one reason, I don´t know...

grmbl
Mar 27th, 2004, 06:00 PM
She's not that talented like Krajicek and Vaidisova.. But she's playing great at the moment

korben
Mar 27th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Isn´t there tennis center right next door. Not too many in here :(
Might be one reason, I don´t know...
Replying to myself... again :rolleyes:

In main text it reads. 1 km away is Tali tennis center....

Imo that is probably best training ground in whole country.
So after traing in grass courts in England now training indoor carpet... best results clay and outdoor hc :confused: Look out :D

korben
Mar 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM
She's not that talented like Krajicek and Vaidisova.. But she's playing great at the momentWhat... :rolleyes: I suggest you check Laine - Vaidisova h2h :wavey:
Sure she isn´t Krajicek... no one is. :(

We still can talk about potential Top 100 player. First in like 15 years from this country :confused: No ? She is no Krajicek, we know, thank you :(

hoekie274
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Wonderful for Finnish (and Scandinavian) tennis that Emma is coming up in the rankings. Finnish tennis really needed that, because since Petra Thoren and Nanne Dahlman there wasn´t anybode who could come close to the top 100. Emma is real top 50 material. What do you think....can she reach higher?

pcrtennis
Apr 10th, 2004, 04:52 PM
She's not that talented like Krajicek and Vaidisova.. But she's playing great at the moment

Hey...umh...SCREW YOU! :( :rolleyes: She is very talented and will be a top 50 player. :worship: Don't come in here and post things as idiotic as that. :fiery:

pcrtennis
Apr 10th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I think she can be top 20 personally!

grmbl
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM
:lol:

Sagie
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Didn't you predict that Serena would defeat Nadya 6/4 6/1 or something? :rolleyes: Emma is potential top 20 - for sure. ;)

grmbl
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Didn't you predict that Serena would defeat Nadya 6/4 6/1 or something? :rolleyes: Emma is potential top 20 - for sure. ;)

veera
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:35 PM

For sure, for sure, Sara... :D :lol:
You're not beeing too nice, wokkeltje. Emma is playing great right now, lost only two times this year and has gone up in the rankings about 500 places without any wild cards to WTA tournaments... When was the last time a junior made it to the final of 50 000$ with junior exempt and later became absolutely nothing?

edit. No idea, Sara :lol:

Sagie
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM
For sure, for sure, Sara... :D :lol:
You're not beeing too nice, wokkeltje. Emma is playing great right now, lost only two times this year and has gone up in the rankings about 500 places without any wild cards to WTA tournaments... When was the last time a junior made it to the final of 50 000$ with junior exempt and later became absolutely nothing?

How long has there even been the junior exempt thing? :confused: :)

grmbl
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Emma is not a potentiel top 20 player... for sure!

veera
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Emma is not a potentiel top 20 player... for sure!

I dunno about that... i do believe she's top 200 by the end of this year. Who knows how far she can go? I would say top 50...
Anyway, good luck in the final today Emma! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

grmbl
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I wish Emma a lot of successes in her life en she'll be a top-100 player for sure. I don't hate Emma.. but I won't be a top-20 player..

CooCooCachoo
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the article Veera. And I am supporting everyone who is Finnish :) Go Tuomas Ketola!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I don't hate Emma.. but I won't be a top-20 player..

LOL That is an interesting sentence, Wokkeltje. Are you admitting you are jealous of Emma, because you will never be a top 20 player yourself? ;)

veera
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Yes! Emma just won $10K Torre Del Greco. :banana:
She defeated Chanelle Scheepers in the final 36 64 60.

I wish Emma a lot of successes in her life en she'll be a top-100 player for sure. I don't hate Emma.. but I won't be a top-20 player..

Nice :) . I thought you were Emma-hater or something as weird. Do you mean all the top 20 players will hate her or what? :scratch:

veera
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the article Veera. And I am supporting everyone who is Finnish :) Go Tuomas Ketola!

Yeah! A Tuomas Ketola fan. :hearts: I like him a lot too - more than Jarkko Nieminen, cause he's choking all the time. And we really need more Finland-supporters :p

grmbl
Apr 11th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Yes! Emma just won $10K Torre Del Greco. :banana:
She defeated Chanelle Scheepers in the final 36 64 60.

Nice :) . I thought you were Emma-hater or something as weird. Do you mean all the top 20 players will hate her or what? :scratch:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: I wish Emma a lot of successes in her life en she'll be a top-100 player for sure. I don't hate Emma.. but she won't be a top-20 player..

veera
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: I wish Emma a lot of successes in her life en she'll be a top-100 player for sure. I don't hate Emma.. but she won't be a top-20 player..

I kinda got that already :rolleyes: :lol:
And I'm sure Emma will be a top 20 player before you are...

CooCooCachoo
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:35 PM
hehe Veera ;) You must be right ;)

Yeah! A Tuomas Ketola fan. I like him a lot too - more than Jarkko Nieminen, cause he's choking all the time. And we really need more Finland-supporters

Yeah! I like Tuomas more than Jarkko too! I saw both of them in Rotterdam this year. It was the second time I saw Jarkko in real life (Amersfoort too), and like the third or forth time I saw Tuomas. I actually have two Finnish flags; one signed by Tuomas ;)

pcrtennis
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Go EMMA! TOP 20 ALL THE WAY!!!

veera
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah! I like Tuomas more than Jarkko too! I saw both of them in Rotterdam this year. It was the second time I saw Jarkko in real life (Amersfoort too), and like the third or forth time I saw Tuomas. I actually have two Finnish flags; one signed by Tuomas ;)

Yeah, Tuomas won the doubles in Mexico.... :) Very nice pic :hearts:. I've seen both of them too twice, in Helsinki IPP open last year and the year before that. Tuomas was just :kiss: I like both of them lot.

Finnish flags? :) I have too a very small one with Jarkko's signature. :D And I had Sweden's flag with Christian Olsson's :hearts: signature , but I threw it away after Sweden last year defeated Finland in ice hockey, after Finland was up 5-1 :rolleyes: :o .

Yes, Emma is number 329 now! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pcrtennis
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:46 PM
When is Emma's next tourney? :wavey:

veera
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:11 PM
She plays fed cup and then 25k Bromma May 10th in Sweden....

veera
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Emma has flu, so she was not playing fed cup today. Finland lost to Luxemburg :sad:

pcrtennis
Jun 15th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Emma almost beat Kurhajcova in her last tournament!!! She keeps playing better and better she's now in the Main Draw of a $25,000 touney this week in Central Europe!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Hey :)

These are two pictures I took of Emma in Luxembourg, after she had upset Magdalena Maleeva :eek: :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/CooCooCachooo/Laine.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/CooCooCachooo/Laine2.jpg

pcrtennis
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Emma lost to Nemeckova 2 and 2 in the 1st round of AUS OPEN Q's. Oh well, good luck next time EMMA!

daniela86
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:24 AM
it's a pity :bigcry: : bigcry: :bigcry: :hug: but it was the first time she played a grand slam's qualies,i think it's a good experience all the same. :) emma's next tournament will be ortisei (challenger 75 000$) good luck!!! :hug: :hug: :) and reach the top 100 in 2005 emma!!! :D

korben
Feb 28th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Emma was one of three guests in populat Nyberg talkshow on Sunday evening.

Some of her thoughts.

Rankingwise, she has lot to defend this year and she said to be happy if, at the end of the year, she is ranked around same as she is now. Hoping to make a move next year. Main goal at the moment is to improve game, not ranking. She was still undecided if she travels to US for March challengers.

Then they had newsreel from 1997, Emma was 11 then and she beat Carina Björnstöm in school girl final (wonder whats their h2h now :rolleyes: ) She remembered that as it was first time she had been on telly :yeah:

Said that school tournaments are still her favorites and bring back lots of memories. Thats why she plans to play them as long as possible. Won the Lukio girls title on December (thats equals collage) She still studies on open Lukio and plans to get through it on spring 2006 but as all that she does now goes tennis first she said its ok if it takes longer.

Rest was pretty much blaah blaah. Why you play tennis, why your better than Essi and such :rolleyes: All guests had named one song that they play over ending credits. Emmas was something from artist Usher (neverheard), but did not win the lottery.

VRee_Willario
May 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Minkä takia Emma muutes syntyi Ruotsissa? Eiväthän Emman vanhemmat ole ruotsalaisia. Muuten tsemppiä Emmalle tuleviin koitoksiin ja päämäärähän on siellä huipulla!! Ja onnee varsinkin Ranskan avointen karsintoihin :)

korben
May 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Minkä takia Emma muutes syntyi Ruotsissa? Eiväthän Emman vanhemmat ole ruotsalaisia. Muuten tsemppiä Emmalle tuleviin koitoksiin ja päämäärähän on siellä huipulla!! Ja onnee varsinkin Ranskan avointen karsintoihin :)

Be polite to other Emma fans and write in english in the future :)

She asks why Emma was born in Sweden. Answer - his father was a professional icehockey player and played there then.

Rest of message. Go Emma :bounce: and good luck Emma in future :bounce:

BUBI
May 18th, 2005, 08:58 AM
She asks why Emma was born in Sweden. Answer - his father was a professional icehockey player and played there then.

Her father Erkki Laine - if I remember right - is an olympic silver medalist from Calgary 1988.

And by the way...

French Open:

Women's Qual. Singles - 1st Rnd.

Emma Laine (FIN) def. Frederica Piedade (POR) 6-3 6-1

Well done Emma :yeah:

Kutuzova
May 18th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Good Job Emma! Keep it up!

BUBI
May 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Court 14 - Women's Qual. Singles - 2nd Round

Emma Laine FIN 6 6

Mary Gambale USA 2 2

:woohoo: :banana:

Kutuzova
May 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Good Job Emma, now to qualify take out Clarissa Fernandez!

BUBI
May 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM
French Open Women's Qual. Singles - 3rd Round

Clarisa Fernandez ARG d. Emma Laine FIN 67(4) 76(5) 61

:crying2:

pcrtennis
May 21st, 2005, 03:06 AM
Emma came back from 5-1 in the tiebreak to 5-5 and then lost it....tough loss, she would have gained a ton of confidence by gertting into the MD on her best surface! She was the more talented player on court but let it slip......GL EMMA!

Kutuzova
May 21st, 2005, 12:48 PM
Emma :sad:

korben
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Finnish outdoor championships.

Ladies final
Emma Laine d. Piia Suomalainen 6/1 6/0

Ladies doubles final
Emma & Essi Laine d. Anni Hietaniemi & Veera Nurmi 6/1 6/0

Mixed doubles final
Emma Laine & Niklas Bucht won final via walkover (they had bye in 1st and 2nd round. Needed to win only semifinal, so quite easy title)

So treble for Emma :bounce:

all draws at www.lahdenverkkopalloseura.fi (http://www.lahdenverkkopalloseura.fi)

Derek.
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Emma :clap2:

Drimal
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Go Emma! :hug: :yeah:

pcrtennis
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Now play some ITF and WTA events and get that ranking up!

BUBI
Aug 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Good Luck for US OPEN, Emma :bounce:

pcrtennis
Aug 25th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Emma is in the final round of qualifying at the USO!! She beat beat Maureen Drake 6-3, 6-1 in the first round and then beat Alice Canepa 7-6, 6-0. SHe's been impressive so far but she'll have her hands full with Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo!! GOod Luck Emma! Bring Finland into the MD of a slam for the first time in WAY too long!

Kutuzova
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Go Emma!!!!

korben
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah Emma :bounce:

Just one hurdle to pass to be first Finnish lady in 9 years in Slam main draw. :D

Oh, and Sanchez Lorenzo does not need to win, she will make the MD anyway. Hopefully someone has informed her of that ;)

pcrtennis
Aug 26th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Emma took out Sanchez-Lorenzo in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4. That's a very impressive scoreline against a quality player! Go Emma!! This is way over due!

SHE'S IN THE USO MAIN DRAW!!!

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Emma beat Shuai Peng 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-2 in the 1st round of the USO! HUGE win for her, and very unexpected. She was actually down a TON in this match and fought back. Saw some clips of her and she looks like she's moving well and working hard. Someone who went to watch said they had never heard of her but was reallllllly impressed by her! Great news also is that she's reached a career high ranking of 82 in the world! Where has this come from?? GO EMMA! BEAT SCHIAVONE!

korben
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:09 PM

Just that nobody from some tiny country, with shitty food, called Italy. And pair of "not that good anymore" Williamses en route to world fame :D

Emma :bounce: Emma :bounce: Emma :bounce: ;)

VRee_Willario
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:02 PM

Just that nobody from some tiny country, with shitty food, called Italy. And pair of "not that good anymore" Williamses en route to world fame :D

Emma :bounce: Emma :bounce: Emma :bounce: ;)
Hmmm. Venus won Wimbledon this Summer :o

korben
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Hmmm. Venus won Wimbledon this Summer :o

So ? Be optimistic :wavey:

Hingis is last that has beaten two Willies in slam back-to-back. Why can´t Emma do it too :confused: ;)

stenen
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:03 PM
Emma beat Shuai Peng 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-2 in the 1st round of the USO! HUGE win for her, and very unexpected. She was actually down a TON in this match and fought back. Saw some clips of her and she looks like she's moving well and working hard. Someone who went to watch said they had never heard of her but was reallllllly impressed by her! Great news also is that she's reached a career high ranking of 82 in the world! Where has this come from?? GO EMMA! BEAT SCHIAVONE!

After winning her match against Peng, Emma said that even if she was down 0-4 in the second set her game got better and better which gave her confidence to know that she can turn the match into her favour and win it.

pcrtennis
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks!

Unfortunately she lost to Schiavone but this was a verrrry successful USO!

She's in the top 100!!

stenen
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks!

Unfortunately she lost to Schiavone but this was a verrrry successful USO!

She's in the top 100!!

You're welcome. Indeed it was a great tournament for her.
This is what she said after her loss to Schiavone.

- It was a difficult match since this was the first time I played an evening match, the court was big and there were a lot of people watching.
- I had prepared well and it felt food when I went to the court but my game didn't go as well as I had expected.
- My opponent played really well. I tried to fight, to stay on but it didn't help.
-Right now I feel disappointed but after a few days I'll begin to understand that I did quite well. My self confidence stayed good all the time. The believe in my own abilities remained.
-It's a great thing that I got this experience. I definitely can put it into use in the future.

Emma's next tournament is China Open on September 19.

pcrtennis
Sep 7th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Yay! Now she'll be playing WTA matches more conisistently!

daniela86
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:56 PM
After this verrrrrrrryyyyy (copyright pcrtennis:p) successfull US Open, Emma Laine reached the top 100 :bounce: :bounce: She is 84th this week :bounce: and she can play qualies in nearly all wta events now :D
Good luck for the China Open Emma :rocker: :rocker:

korben
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Top 100 :bounce:

She´ll be playing lots of WTA tournaments now.

Peking --> Seoul --> Tashkent --> Moscow

Hopefully she gets good draws :D

btw. National ranking record is 59th by Nanne Dahlman in 1993

daniela86
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Emma managed to qualify for Beijing but she was beaten 1/6 1/6 by Peng in the 1st round. :sad: :sad: :sad: I suppose Shuai was extremely motivated to play at home and to take her revenge of the Us Open:sad: Poor Emma :sobbing: :sobbing: Better luck at Seoul now :hug: :cool:
Nevertheless, it was the 1st time that Emma managed to pass the qualies in a Tier 2 tournament :woohoo: She 'll improve her ranking :D and IMO, she will break the national ranking record soon :D

BUBI
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Nevertheless, it was the 1st time that Emma managed to pass the qualies in a Tier 2 tournament :woohoo: She 'll improve her ranking :D and IMO, she will break the national ranking record soon :D
I agree with you:yeah:

daniela86
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Emma is the 2nd seed in qualies at Seoul :D Here is her part of draw :

2)Emma Laine vs. (wc)Yoo-Mi Jung
Yurika Sema vs. Mi Lyoo

Suchanan Viratprasert vs. Maki Arai
(7)Nathalie Grandin vs. Vilmarie Castellvi

I think it's do-able :D Good luck Emma!! :kiss:

daniela86
Sep 26th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Emma lost against Castellvi in the last round of qualifications :( but since Shinobu Asagoe withdrew, Emma is a LL :D :rocker: :woohoo: She'll play against Nicole Vaidisova in the 1st round :scared: :scared: Try your best Emma, you have nothing to lose against the 24th player in the world :p Go!!! :kiss: Btw, how do you say "go" in finnish? :p

BUBI
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:19 PM
:(......:unsure:.....:woohoo:
Go Emma:bounce:

daniela86
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Emma lost to Nikki Vaidisova 6/4 6/0 :sad: :sad: ( what a severe scoreline!!! :sad: :o :bigcry: ) but at least,she seemed to have fun during the welcome players' party :D and she won her 1st round dubz match with Hrdinova (7/5 6/1 against Fuda/Okamoto):bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
Emma at the players' party :p :
http://tinypic.com/e0sm81.jpg

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:29 AM
better luck next time emma..

hilde26
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
Some pics of Emma I took at Seoul last week.:)

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_239624/200510/1128342465_IMG_4649c.jpg

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_239624/200510/1128342465_IMG_4652c.jpg

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_239624/200510/1128342465_IMG_4704c.jpg

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Any news?

Drake1980
Oct 20th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I'm excited about seeing her in Quebec City.

BUBI
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Emma lost to Strycova 6:3 3:6 6:3 in Linz :(

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:36 AM
That sucks!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 4th, 2005, 03:30 AM
nothing new from Laine?

CCCP1
Dec 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
She beat Tansugaurn in Dubai 75 K first round

Drake1980
Dec 16th, 2005, 06:47 AM
her dad is kind of cute

korben
Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Emmas new coach is Thomas Högstedt, SWE (coach of Tommy Haas as well)

One year deal. Good that she finally found someone, she had been coachless from June. Though have to assume that Tommy is his number one priority.

edit: He coached Nicolas Kiefer 2004 and 2005, and will travel to "few" tournaments with Emma. Her goal for next season, to be in Top 60 by time of Nordic Light Open.

Wiggly
Dec 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Pic from Challenge Bell website

http://www.challengebell.com/images/upload/photos/20051104-3.jpg

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:01 AM
nice win from the 75 k

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Emma plays the qualies at Hobart :D

Here is her part of draw:
E. Laine(2) vs Bye
S. Uberoi vs I. Abramovic
F. Piedade vs R. Fuda
M. Saeki vs M.-F. Alves(8)

Good luck :bigclap: :bigclap: Alves can be tricky but normally,Emma should reach the MD :D Go!!

TennisPlayingFox
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Emma is playing in Indian Well's here is her part of the draw

(12) Tatiana Golovin - bye
Maria Vento-Kabchi vs. Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Stephanie Cohen-Aloro vs. Arantxa Parra Santonja
(17) Gisela Dulko - bye
(32) Jill Craybas - bye
Emma Laine vs. Hana Sromova
(WC) Alexandra Stevenson vs. (Q) qualifier
(6) Flavia Pennetta - bye

She faces Hana Sromova in the first round and then Jill craybas. Not to bad of a draw for her. Good luck Emma!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I really enjoy Emma, got the chance to see her in Quebec city and she really has an entertaining game :)

korben
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Can´t get much better draw for Tier 1 than this :banana:

If she beats Sromova AND Craybas she is very very close of national record ranking of 59. :bounce:

And Pennetta isn´t impossible to beat on HC either :eek:

If all goes really, really well. She might reach 4th round in Tier 1 :eek: :kiss: :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Emma def Sromova 75,75! Good win Emma! Next up is Jill Craybas! I like both players so good luck to both of you! Make it a good match!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Congrats Emma. The match against Jill will bery a very long one!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Emma won today against Jill :D

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM
And she won by a retirement against Pennetta after winning the first round.

korben
Mar 14th, 2006, 12:26 PM
If TBEs calculations are correct. Emma has broken national ranking record :worship:

Close of Top 50 if she beats Dulko :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2006, 01:02 PM
she rocks

Drimal
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
What a great week from Emma! :woohoo: :bowdown:

Highest ranked Finnish player ever! :hatoff:

Now beat Gisela Dulko! :rocker:

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Tough loss for Emma today against Gisela, 7-5 7-6 in a nailbitter. Still a great week for her!

-sugi-
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM
Emma in Miami, I really am starting to like this girl :cool:

Venus Williams (USA) [8] vs. Bye
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) vs. Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Karolina Sprem (CRO)
Bye vs. Shahar Peer (ISR) [31]
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) [17] vs. Bye
Kveta Peschke (CZE) vs. Qualifier
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) vs. Catalina Castano (COL)
Bye vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS) [10]
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) [13] vs. Bye
Qualifier vs. Marta Domachowska (POL)
Sybille Bammer (AUT) vs. Vania King (USA)
Bye vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS) [20]
Jelena Jankovic (SCG) [25] vs. Bye
Qualifier vs. Emma Laine (FIN)
Akiko Morigami (JPN) vs. Na Li (CHN)
Bye vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS) [4]

Good luck Emma :)

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 25th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Emma lost in the first round, in three sets :sad:

-sugi-
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Emma 20th birthday today :)

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Happy Bday Emma :D

TennisPlayingFox
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Emma is playing in warsaw. here is her draw.

Clijsters - bye
q vs. q
Medina vs. Likhotseva
Laine vs. Schiavone

Tough draw but Schiavone isn't impossible. Good luck Emma!

-sugi-
May 2nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
she won one game against Fran :sad:

-sugi-
May 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_02_7/1984.jpg
http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_02_7/1985.jpg
http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_02_7/1986.jpg

daniela86
May 13th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Emma has an incredibly tough draw in Roma :sad: but best of luck! Do your best and try to take a set at least! :kiss: Gooooo Emma!!

12)Nicole Vaidisova vs Emma Laine
Martina Hingis vs (q)
Mara Santangelo vs Maria Kirilenko
(8)Francesca Schiavone bye

-sugi-
May 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM
good luck Emma :scared: very tough though

-sugi-
May 27th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Emma plays Fedossova in Round one and possibly Venus in Round two of Roland Garros. I will post here more frequently and keep it updated after meeting Emma today :hug: I will post pictures soon

BUBI
May 28th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Emma plays Fedossova in Round one and possibly Venus in Round two of Roland Garros. I will post here more frequently and keep it updated after meeting Emma today :hug: I will post pictures soon
She was training with Sofia Arvidsson, right?

-sugi-
May 28th, 2006, 08:51 AM
well, she was training earlier but I wasn't watching it then. Later in the day, I saw her she was with her coach

Aleksz
May 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
http://nastya1.free.fr/rg2006/laine01.jpg

korben
May 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Today when she was practising, girl from next court asked if she can come over and hit serve returns. As her next opponent is lefty as well. Emma agreed and so Sharapova got to test Emmas mighty serves. Emmas father adviced that don´t serve too hard that she can hit them back :lol:

-sugi-
May 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
:haha: Good story Korben, were you there today then?

Good luck Emma tomorrow against Venus

korben
May 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM
:haha: Good story Korben, were you there today then?

Good luck Emma tomorrow against Venus

Nope. Should have included source link
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/muutlajit/2006/05/448701
(in finnish)

Other notable from that is that as her depth movement was disappointing in Fedossova match, they trained that yesterday. Ok... it is good to improve weaknesses but don´t think she´ll have much use of that vs. Venus...
Will see lots of sideways movement, thats for sure. Hopefully she can give Williams good match. :)

pcrtennis
May 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM
I hope Emma plays well today...one of the US ocmmentators is FInnish and is very excited about commentating for her match! Go Emma!

-sugi-
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mrbenesova/WTA%20Players/Emma%20Laine/emma2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mrbenesova/WTA%20Players/Emma%20Laine/emma1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mrbenesova/WTA%20Players/Emma%20Laine/emma3.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mrbenesova/WTA%20Players/Emma%20Laine/emma4.jpg

VRee_Willario
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:03 PM
What an exciting match, emma was fighting really well and hit some winners from the baseline! Hienoa, Emma!

Hant11
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
CR testshoot
http://img141.imagevenue.com/loc259/th_94548_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106.jpg (http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc259&image=94548_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106.jpg)http ://img20.imagevenue.com/loc188/th_94555_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_1.jpg (http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc188&image=94555_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_1.jpg)ht tp://img146.imagevenue.com/loc240/th_94565_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_2.jpg (http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc240&image=94565_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_2.jpg)ht tp://img142.imagevenue.com/loc187/th_94573_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_3.jpg (http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc187&image=94573_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_3.jpg)ht tp://img46.imagevenue.com/loc43/th_94580_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_4.jpg (http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc43&image=94580_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_4.jpg)
http://img15.imagevenue.com/loc210/th_94598_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_5.jpg (http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc210&image=94598_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_5.jpg)ht tp://img41.imagevenue.com/loc181/th_94607_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_6.jpg (http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc181&image=94607_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_6.jpg)ht tp://img109.imagevenue.com/loc54/th_94623_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_7.jpg (http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc54&image=94623_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_7.jpg)ht tp://img135.imagevenue.com/loc278/th_94632_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_8.jpg (http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc278&image=94632_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_8.jpg)ht tp://img139.imagevenue.com/loc170/th_94645_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_9.jpg (http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc170&image=94645_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_9.jpg)
http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc187/th_94770_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_10.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc187&image=94770_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_10.jpg)h ttp://img129.imagevenue.com/loc117/th_94780_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_11.jpg (http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc117&image=94780_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_11.jpg)h ttp://img124.imagevenue.com/loc199/th_94791_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_12.jpg (http://img124.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc199&image=94791_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_12.jpg)h ttp://img7.imagevenue.com/loc170/th_94801_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_13.jpg (http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc170&image=94801_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_13.jpg)h ttp://img21.imagevenue.com/loc98/th_94818_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_14.jpg (http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc98&image=94818_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_14.jpg)
http://img142.imagevenue.com/loc35/th_94822_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_15.jpg (http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc35&image=94822_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_15.jpg)h ttp://img20.imagevenue.com/loc210/th_94830_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_16.jpg (http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc210&image=94830_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_16.jpg)h ttp://img143.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_94836_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_17.jpg (http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc81&image=94836_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_17.jpg)h ttp://img120.imagevenue.com/loc38/th_94842_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_18.jpg (http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc38&image=94842_Emma_Laine_French_Open_053106_18.jpg)

-sugi-
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:52 AM
:eek: Thanks DanielaFrenchfan :) :hug: They are so good!

Drake1980
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:16 AM
awesome pictures!!

-sugi-
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Emma is now in the Tier III Birmingham :)

In round one she will face the 12th seed Mara Santangelo

Good luck Emma!

*Jean*
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2071/dsc033726eu.jpg

So sweet :)

Aleksz
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:13 AM
http://nastya1.free.fr/rg2006/laine02.jpg

-sugi-
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Eastbourne Quallies R1:
(4) Laine vs (WC) O'Donoghue

I hope Emma can win, O'Donoghue did beat Groenefeld last year but has been bad this year. Go Emma :)

-sugi-
Jun 23rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Wimbledon R1: vs Dulko (31)

Go Emma :)

-sugi-
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
http://blogs.wtnphotos.com/data/3289/laine.jpg

Aaron.
Jul 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Go Emma!

Aaron.
Jul 13th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I hope emma has a good Hardcourt Season

Aaron.
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
bump!

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 17th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Emma is playing in Cincinatti and defeated Sybille Bammer 6-3, 6-1! Nice win Emma! Good luck in the next round!

-sugi-
Jul 18th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Emma :worship:

ae wowww
Jul 25th, 2006, 05:06 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g245/GiggyFly81/laine7.jpg

:drool:

-sugi-
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM
thanks ae_woww for the picture :)

That match however brings back bad memories for the Laine fans when she was destroyed by Fran

Emma :hug:

ae wowww
Jul 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
thanks ae_woww for the picture :)

That match however brings back bad memories for the Laine fans when she was destroyed by Fran

I understand this, but it's such an adooooooooooorable pic :D! :drool:

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 29th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Emma is playing in San Diego. Here is her part of the draw

Pierce vs. BYE
Bammer vs. Safarvoa
Q vs. Laine
Vesnina vs. Groenefeld
Sugiyama vs. Zvonareva
Peng vs. Santangelo
Q vs. Q
Sharapova vs. BYE

An easy first round and then Groenefeld. Good luck Emma!

-sugi-
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:14 AM
Round One:

vs Vania King

Go Emma
Vania :sad: :hug:

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:19 PM
Emma def King 6-4, 6-2! Nice win Emma! Next up is probably Anna-Lena! Tough match but good luck Emma!

-sugi-
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:23 PM
you beat me to it Fox :(

Emma :hug: Congratulations :smooch:

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 31st, 2006, 11:11 PM
lol yeah I pretty much posted the second she won lol. Hopefully she and Anna-Lena will have a good match!

ae wowww
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:31 AM
:D Congrats Emma, keep going babe!

-sugi-
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Match picture:
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3289/emma1.jpg

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Cool pick! her draw has opened up a little bit now that Anna-Lena lost. She won her first round doubles match with Kudryavtseva 6-2, 6-3 over Tarabini and Vis!

m_pierce fan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Emma vs Mary would be so grrrreat match-up :)

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
Emma is through to the third round! She beat Vesnina 6-7, 7-6, 6-4! What a match Emma! good luck against Mary!

korben
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:25 AM
Go Em :bounce:

She has never played versus Top 10 player ... :scared:

Mary will be surprised of her play :D :yeah:

Expecting tight three setter :)

ae wowww
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
Let's go, Emma :D She can take Emma, for sure!

-sugi-
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Emma :woohoo: Good luck against Mary :)

Aaron.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Emma beat vesina who also beat ALG she has a chance!

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Emma is playing in Stockholm. Here is her part of the draw.

4 ARVIDSSON v LAINE
WC LARSSON v Q
BIRNEROVA v KLOESEL
GAJDOSOVA v 6 YAKIMOVA

Aside from her first round opponenet it is quite a good draw! Good luck Emma!

-sugi-
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Emma lost to Pierce 26 16 :sad:

Good luck vs Arvdsson, with the exception of Sofia, Emma has a great draw !

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Emma def Tu 6-1, 6-1 in the first round of the USO! Good luck in the second round Emma!

-sugi-
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Emma :woohoo:

Good win and even better scoreline :)

korben
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Emma :bounce:

This Top 10er has game that she can break :) No fear and take your chances !!! Must win it in two if you gonna win :) GO, go GOOOOO :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:29 AM
She plays Dementieva next. It will be tough but you never know how Elena will play. Good luck Emma you can do it!

ae wowww
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Congrats Emma :D Good win, I liked the outfit too!

ae wowww
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:00 AM
Emma and Selima Sfar play doubles today, good luck :banana:

ae wowww
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:54 PM
They won a tight doubles - despite facing 2 match points against them :)

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Emma is playing in Beijing! Here is here part of the draw.

(2)Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Bye
Zi Yan vs Q
Elena Vesnina vs Emma Laine
Q vs(7) Na Li

A tough opener but she can get through. Then she would face Li. Good luck Emma!

Aaron.
Sep 17th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Emma has a chance to beat Li and Vesina goodluck!
Shes beaten Vesina and hopefully will again :banana:
have a good Tournament Emma :)

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 24th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Emma is playing in Seoul! Here is her part of the draw!

(5)Zvonareva - Pin
Laine - S.J.Kim/WC
Jackson - Daniilidou
(2)Kirilenko - Dushevina

A very easy first round but then Zvonereva. Good luck Emma!

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 25th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Emma def Kim 6-3, 6-2! An easy win as expected! Good luck in round 2 Emma!

Aaron.
Sep 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I hope Emma can beat Zvonareva she will have to play her best!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM
Emma is playing in Tokyo! here is her part of the draw!

(5)Sofia Arvidsson[SWE] vs Marta Domachowska[POL]
Julia Schruff[GER] vs Yung-Jan Chan[TPE]
Severine Bremond[FRA] vs Vania King[USA]
Emma Laine[FIN] vs (2)Ai Sugiyama[JPN]

Definatly not easy! Sugiyama will be very hard to beat. Good luck Emma!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Emma is playing in Bangkok! here is her part of the draw

6-SHAUGHNESSY Meghann USA vs MIRZA Sania IND
SCHRUFF Julia GER vs LAINE Emma FIN
NAKAMURA Aiko JPN vs WC- LUANGNAM Nudnida THA
2-MEDINA GARRIGUES Anabel ESP vs Q

Not too bad of an opener! Good luck Emma!

Aaron.
Oct 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Tokyo Sugiyama d Laine 6-4 6-3 :sad:
Bangkok Schruff d Laine 6-4 7-6 (5) :sad:

Emma plays in zurich qualies :bounce:

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Laine Out Of Quebec

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Laine Playing Milan

1 CAMERIN, Maria-Elena ITA 56
2 LAINE, Emma FIN 76 1
3 $ BIRNEROVA, Eva CZE 80 1
4 VOSKOBOEVA, Galina RUS 94
5 KLOESEL, Sandra GER 101 1
6 BRIANTI, Alberta ITA 104 1
7 BEYGELZIMER, Yulia UKR 112 1
8 GAGLIARDI, Emmanuelle SUI 113 1
9 POUTCHEK, Tatiana BLR 117 1
10 FORETZ, Stephanie FRA 118 1
11 KNAPP, Karin ITA 122 1
12 BARROIS, Kristina GER 124 1
13 $ ANI, Maret EST 127 1
14 $ TAKAO, Erika JPN 128 1
15 NAGY, Kyra HUN 134 1
16 KREMER, Anne LUX 138 1
17 LISJAK, Ivana CRO 141 1
18 BOHMOVA, Katerina CZE 142 1
19 MALEK, Tatiana GER 144 1
20 SAKOWICZ, Joanna POL 145 1
21 $ FEDOSSOVA, Yulia FRA 149 1
22 CHAKHNASHVILI, Margalita GEO 151 1

korben
Nov 18th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Laine Playing Milan

Probably not. But she will play Dubai for sure (11th Dec - 17th Dec) and then head to Australia.

She is in Quanzhu, China now. Training with their finest :cool:
As her coach Thomas Högstedt is training them also, she had a chance to join em. In todays paper it is mensioned that she stays there for 3 weeks.

Of next year, she´ll probably play mixed with Jarkko. They had plans to play at Wimbledon this year but as Jarkko was still in both singles and doubles it was not reasonble.

-sugi-
Nov 18th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Jarkko and Emma :D Two of my favourite players :)

Thanks for the update Korben :D

TennisPlayingFox
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:02 AM
That would be awesome if Emma and Jarkko played Mixed together! Thanks for the info Korben!

TennisPlayingFox
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well it looks like Emma is playing Milan! She is the number 3 seed. Here is her part of the draw.

(6) Sandra Kloesel GER vs Karin Knapp ITA
Lucie Hradecka CZE vs Margalita Chakhnashvili GEO
Kyra Nagy HUN vs Simona-Iulia Matei ROM
Youlia Fedossova FRA vs (3) Emma Laine FIN

Good luck Emma!

TennisPlayingFox
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Emma won her opening match 6-1, 5-2 ret. Good luck in round 2 Emma!

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Emma is playing a 75k in Dubai! She is the number 2 seed and won 6-2, 6-3 against Melanie South in the first round! Good luck in round two Emma!

-sugi-
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Emma :yeah:

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:11 AM
(2) Emma Laine def. Dominika Cibulkova 63 76(8)! A nice win for Emma as she moves into the quarter finals!

-sugi-
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
:yeah:

-sugi-
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Auckland
Emma Laine faces qualifier in round one.

Go Emma!

korben
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
He is a 3 min clip from todays sports news. (in finnish naturally, with bit of swedish)

http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mediasali/video/id61463_rm.html

(if that doesn´t work directly. Then http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mediasali/index2.html
and click "Emma Laineen tunnelmia (30.12.2006)")

Richard Allgur and Thomas Högstedt are her coaches. Allgur travelling.
He says that main development areas have been serve and backhand.
And they are in progress of developing her a weapon that can win key points. And goal for season is set to be in Top 30. :cool:

Go Emma :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 31st, 2006, 05:03 AM
Thank you for the clip Korben! Good luck to Emma in her first round match in Auckland!

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Emma def Mathilde Johansson 7-6, 6-1! Great job Emma! She saved a couple of set points in the first set!

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:40 AM
Emma:D

-sugi-
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Emma plays Yuliana Fedak in Round one of Sydney quallies. She is down 0-2 in head to head so it could be tough but go Emma :music: :music: :music: :smooch:

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Emma will play a qualifier in the first round of the Australian! If she wins that then she will more then likely face Hingis in the second round. Good luck Emma!

Foot's Fingers
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Tokyo 2007
Emma Laine/Anastassia Rodionova

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4100/0131019uk4.jpg

TennisPlayingFox
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Emma will play Shahar Peer in the first round of Memphis. Good luck Emma!

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 19th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Match Report Memphis Doubles First Set

Emma/Eva won the opening point of the match but Lisa Raymond And Sam Stosur came through their opening service game to lead 1-0. Emma/Eva won the opening 2 points on serve to lead 30-0, Samantha and Lisa rallied back to 30-30, Emma and Eva had a game point at 40-30 which they lost taking the score to deuce Lisa and Sam won the next to points to lead 2-0. Lisa and Sam were taken to 30-30 in the next game but won the next point to lead 40-30, Emma's team were rewarded with a Double fault taking the score to deuce, they got the advantage and broke but still trailed 2-1 (On Serve). Emma and Eva went up 30-0 (Serving), Lisa and Sam got it back to 30-15, Emma and Eva held and the score was level at 2-2. Raymond and Stosur went up 30-0 in the next game, Emma and Partner won the next point to take the score to 30-15, Sam and Lisa fought back to 40-15 before Emma and Eva won the next point to take it to 40-30, nether the less the Doubles Number 1's held and lead 3-2. Stosur and Raymond went up 30-0 but Emma and Eva fought back to 15-30 Lisa and Sam cruised back and broke to lead
4-2. Sam and Lisa were now serving, Laine and Birnerova went up 30-15 and had the chance to attack a second serve they did that and went up 40-15 giving them 2 break points, their opponents served a ace taking it to 30-40 Emma and Eva missed chances and the score was at Deuce Emma and Eva Broke eventually and were now back on serve at 3-4. Raymond and Stosur went up 30-0 thanks to a Double Fault, Emma and Eva Rallied back to 15-30 but were again having to face break points at 30-40, they lost serve and were now down 5-3, could they break again ?? They had a good a start going up 15-0, Sam and Lisa got it back to 30-15 and then had 2 set points at 40-15, Emma and Eva Got it back to 40-30 they won the next point taking it to Deuce but Raymond and Stosur prevailed in The First Set 6-3.

Match Report Memphis Doubles Second Set

Emma and Eva Held To Begin the second set. (1-0),

Sorry I Went To Bed After This :(

FORZA SARITA
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
rodionova def emma 61 64

:bigcry:

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Emma is in a small slump now :(

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Emma playing qualies alongside Sofia @ Miami

korben
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM
In an interview she said she is VERY low in confidence.
Non of new things are working, yet. She plays Miami and heads home as fast as she can... :sad:

Tsemppiä EMMA :bounce:

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Oh dear, Poor Emma :(

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Emma Out To Dubios :( :(

Jadeee
Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Good Luck Emma!!! :)

korben
May 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Emma plays Rome - Tiro a Volo next week :)

She has had four antibiotic treatments (not sure if it is called that, anyway it is 1 or 2 weeks pill/day stuff) already this year :sad:
Still not 100% but she got doctors approval to try and play next week.

IMPOSSIBLE
May 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
What's up with Emma why is she taking treatment, Emma and Marta Domachowska win the doubles in Rome :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Birmingham Qualifying

Q1: Emma Laine Bt Chunmei Ji 6-4 6-2

Aces: 3
Doubles Faults: 2
1st Serve's In: 69%
Break Points Won: 4/10
Total Points Won: 73/131 (56%)

Keep going Emma !

korben
Jun 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Emma and Jarkko will play Wimbledon mixed :bounce: :cool:

Draw tomorrow. GO, GO; GOOO :D

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Emma + Jarkko :) WOW :)

penkku
Jul 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Emma/Jarkko :) goodluck next round against Sun/Knowle

IMPOSSIBLE
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
US Open

Q1: Emma Laine Bt Brenda Shultz Mccarthy 6-7 (0) 7-5 6-4 :)

Q2: Yan Zi (2) Bt Emma Laine 6-3 7-6 (7)

penkku
Sep 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Emma and mother Erika in Stockholm NNLO 31/7 :)

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6025/img0430od2.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0430od2.jpg)
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5373/img0396se7.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0396se7.jpg)

IMPOSSIBLE
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Emma is the 3rd seed at the $25,000 Nottingham

Go Emma :kiss:

IMPOSSIBLE
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Nottingham $25,000
M1: (1)Laine/Maes (FIN/BEL) d. (wc)Howlett/Sargeant (GBR) 61 61

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Emma's results are awful now :(

chris-swede
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I cannot understand what happened to her....?

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Laine has lost confidence and put on quite a bit of weight :(

korben
Nov 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM
the photos are old

korben
Nov 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM
whatever

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
ok

Good Luck in 2008 Laine ;)

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Emma is down for Qualifying at $75,000 Dubai in 2 weeks time ;)

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM
She withdrew :(

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Emma is no longer ranked a top-200 player :(

chris-swede
Dec 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
bad stuff. But so it is. The rankings are allways for 12 months...so you can go down or go up a lot

Jadeee
Dec 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Emma :hug: Such a good player, now she is never at 100%. Apparently she missed Australian section of season :(

korben
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Quess this goes here.

Finnish rankings are now easily searchable.
At new "Ässä" service. (http://tennisliitto.fi.server-hotel.net/asp/system/empty.asp?P=2&VID=default&SID=794847888756777&S=1&C=20904)

Rankings. (Under "Yleinen") NA= Ladies MA= Men
Pelaajahaku = Search players

Juniors 11+ onwards.
Includes last years results. After little clicking that should be pretty easy to use.

----------

As of Emma, you can see that in last 12 months she has played 4 matches on home soil.
Three of them last week... + 2 doubles, even managed to lose another of those :rolleyes:

----------

Not representing her club this week, so she is probably playing swedish team tennis this week.

korben
Dec 30th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Finnish Teamtennis FINAL

Smash - HVS 2-0

Piia Suomalainen - Emma Laine 5-7, 6-0, 6-4 :eek:
Katariina Tuohimaa - Essi Laine 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
Doubles not played

That is first time in some 4-5 years that she lost to fellow countrywoman.
(Previous loss against Essi, don´t remember exactly when, but it was looong time ago)
And if I´m not mistaking that was her 1st loss ever against Piia in some 15 matches.

By looks of things, can not expect much from Emma in near future :sad:

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Emma :(

FORZA SARITA
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
OMG what a bad loss Emma :(

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 1st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Emma...pretty bad loss.

chris-swede
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
sth. new about her???

korben
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
sth. new about her???

Nope.

I hope she is resting till summer. :sad:

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Emma entered $50,000 Las Vegas, the tournament starts March 3rd.

korben
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Emma entered $50,000 Las Vegas, the tournament starts March 3rd.

:bounce:

SF minimum here ;)

chris-swede
Feb 15th, 2008, 01:52 PM

SF minimum here ;)

would be nice, but will be tough!

FORZA SARITA
Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
she's not there :confused:

chris-swede
Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
yep...do not know what is with her

chris-swede
Mar 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM
she had withdrawn for Vegas a few weeks ago.

She entered now some more tourneys in the next weeks, but that not means that she will really play.

korben
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
She is totally MIA.
tennis.fi has not mensioned her this year at all.. :confused:

Last seen at that team tennis final.

I hope she just decided, that playing half fit is no good.
And make comeback once she is fully fit again.
What is couple months in a career anyways.

Whatever the problem. I believe she will come back stronger than ever :yeah:

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 4th, 2008, 09:39 PM
from Emma

(I asked her if she is better)

hi. not yet, i still have some problems with my health. hopefully soon,im missing the tour so much.take care
emma

korben
Mar 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
from Emma, i still have some problems with my health. hopefully soon,im missing the tour so much.take care
emma

Get well soon Emma :hug:
You´ll gonna have to destroy em 50Ks again :p :D

Early days of WTA career. I predict QF at a slam for Emma :eek:
Not this or next year, but she might make it :worship:

FORZA SARITA
Mar 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
she entered Moscow 25K (starts on 24th of this month).

korben
Mar 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM
She dropped out of that Moscow 25K

She WILL (most likely) play FedCup 21.-27.4. at Yerevan, Armenia (Euro/Africa group 3).. how did we fall there... :lol:

We play against Armenia, Egypt, Norway, Iceland, Latvia, Malta, Morocco, Mauritius, Moldova, Montenegro and Zimbabwe.
Split to two groups. Winner gets promoted. I´m pretty pissed if our team doesn´t get promoted ...

That should be relatively soft return to competative tennis for Emma :rolleyes:
Others named for Team Finland are Piia Suomalainen, Essi Laine and for first time Maria Fagerström.

You go girls :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

chris-swede
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Finnland has fallen there cause there is no one to help!

korben
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:51 PM
There was article about Emma in one local media today.
Rough translation

Emma has conquered her illness

She is training again, and returns to competitions soon.
She says she didn´t knew herself what the problem was. She adds that she has had problems with heart. And that lead to problems with thyroid and also some food allergies.

Medication was found about 7 weeks ago.

She feels better, sickess is behind and body is recovering. All going to right direction.
Heart rate in training has stayed normal so she can train nearly maximum. But still doesn´t know when she is returning.

She also says that tought times have made her mentally stronger, as she had never had any major problems.
Also adds that she respects her health much more now.

----------------------

chris-swede
Mar 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Oh that is very good news! And it is a big reason why she has fallen so much in rankings! Hope she can get back! Would be so nice!

korben
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Emma WILL play next week in FedCup.

At worst times her heartbeat in rest was over 90. Now it is back to normal 60 or so.
After next week she plans to play one small clay tournament. And as she has been out of action for 6 months, can use protected ranking for 8 tournaments. RG and Wimbledon qualies are two of those.

Team Finland for next weeks FedCup is:
Emma Laine, Essi Laine, Maria Fagerström and Heini Salonen (replaces injured Piia Suomalainen)

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Yes, Emma is back :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Emma WILL play next week in FedCup.

At worst times her heartbeat in rest was over 90. Now it is back to normal 60 or so.
After next week she plans to play one small clay tournament. And as she has been out of action for 6 months, can use protected ranking for 8 tournaments. RG and Wimbledon qualies are two of those.

Team Finland for next weeks FedCup is:
Emma Laine, Essi Laine, Maria Fagerström and Heini Salonen (replaces injured Piia Suomalainen)

Week of May 5th: Emma is down to play $25,000 Florence :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
in 1st match she won 6-2 6-0 :woohoo: Finland lost 2-1 :(

chris-swede
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Finland lost??? Are you crazy, in this week draws???

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
yes, Maria Fagerstrom got thrashed and then they lost the doubles :(

Emma's a cut above the rest

FORZA SARITA
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
So happy she's back :D

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
vs Montenegro

E.LAINE (FIN) def. S.LAKICEVIC (MNE) 6-1 6-0

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Emma won 6-4 6-0, and won in doubles with Essi Laine. (Finland 2-1) :yeah:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
another bagel:yeah:

chris-swede
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Finland needs to beat Morocco to have a chance for promotion. So bad they must play in the lowest league...but they only got Emma...and nobody else...

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 25th, 2008, 06:41 AM
http://www.yle.fi/sporten/bilder/300x244/tennis/laine_emma.jpg

chris-swede
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Finnland bet Moldova 2-1 today. Emma easy in singles and doubles.

Where is Pia Suomalainen??? With her finnland would never be in doubt for promotion??? Now they must beat Morocco, will be not easy, 2-1 is a possible result, but Suomi must win it 3-0 , otherwise Morocco will promote...:(

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Well done again Emma :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Morocco 1-0 Finland

R1 - L.ESSAADI (MAR) def. H.SALONEN (FIN) 6-2 6-3
R2 - F.EL ALLAMI (MAR) v E.LAINE (FIN)
R3 - F.EL ALLAMI / N.LALAMI (MAR) v E.LAINE / E.LAINE (FIN)

anttik
May 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Does anybody has info if Emma is playing next week in Szczecin 25 000 $ ??

IMPOSSIBLE
May 8th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Looks like it :)

IMPOSSIBLE
May 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
$25,000 Szczecin

Singles
M1: Emma Laine vs. (7) Teodara Mircic

Doubles
M1: Laine/Mircic vs. BYE
QF: Laine/Mircic vs. Jegiolka/Kania or Glushko/Gerards

IMPOSSIBLE