PDA

View Full Version : Your tournaments thread

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:36 PM
With the Easter holidays coming, maybe some of you will begin to play some tournaments... so I thought it was maybe about time to start this thread.

A year (or two :confused: ) ago I remember we used to talked about our tournament results in the talk thread. So I though this would be a nice thread to post our post-match results, analysis,... It can be funny to read that :D

Yesterday, I finished to prepare my schedule for the year :)

This year, I decided to play a lot more tournaments than the past years.

Why?

1) I hope that I'll succeed all my exams in June :p
2) I'll have a car so I don't have to bother my dad anymore to drive me to the clubs

So I'll play at least 10 tournaments in singles (Men's 5) and I am "sure" I'll play one tournament in Men's doubles with... Arne ;) and maybe I'll play 4 other tournaments in Mixed Doubles with my french teacher like the previous years. But it's not sure yet as I haven't contacted her yet about that.

So this is my schedule :

Week of the 5/04

TC Venerie (Single)

Week of the 14/06

TC Enghien (Single)

TC Sequo´a (Doubles) ???

Week of the 21/06

TC Ellezelles (Single)

TC Enghien (Doubles) ???

Week of the 28/06

TC The Backhand Peruwelz (Single)

TC Peuplier (Doubles) ???

Week of the 5/07

Tennisland Rebecq (Single)

Week of the 19/07

RTC Ath (Single)

Week of the 26/07

TC Peuplier (Single)

Week of the 2/08

TC Sequo´a (Single)

Beauvechain (Doubles w/ Arne)

Week of the 16/08

TC Central Park (Single)

Week of the 23/08

Tennisland Rebecq (Single)

Week of the 6/09

RTC Ath (Doubles) ???

So, let's hope that this year I'll improve my records :rolleyes:

Last year my singles record was 0-4 and 2-2 for doubles if I remember well :rolleyes: I am sure I can do better :p Because I think I improved a lot since last year :angel: Thanks to great hitting partners : JŘrgen, Arne, Benjamin, and all the university players I have the chance to play with :worship: Thanks to them ;) Well, I'll pay tribute to them when I'll win my first single match :p :p

arn
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:58 PM
ok, my schedule ;)

I hope I will actually play all of those, because the last 2 years I was everytime out with injuries and played only 3 and 1 tournament :(

*01/7; De mol (Korbeek-lo), I hate this tournament cos I always had bad results there, but it's very close to where I live

*01/7; Tennifun (Hoegaarden), Great tournament, I always played well there, that's why I decided to play there again.

The last 2 years I did not get further as this in my schedule or had to forfait in the match of my next tournament :o *crossing fingers*

*08/7; Lovanium (Leuven)

*23/7; De Zeype (Kampenhout), not sure about this one, it's rather far away and I don't know yet if i will have a car.

*30/7; Heidepark (Kessel-lo)

*03/8; Beauvechain, dubs with Axel who is already getting overexcited about it :rolleyes: :p

*18/8; Stade Leuven

*27/8; Bierbeek

*04/9; Grand Slam (Tienen)

I will play everywhere at least in men's 4, often also in men's 3 (I know that's too high for me and will get beaten every time in the first round, but it's just for the experience:) )

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
*03/8; Beauvechain, dubs with Axel who is already getting overexcited about it :rolleyes: :p
:rolleyes: I am not overexcited :p I am soooo happy I found a men partner for once :p :bounce: I always played with girls in doubles :lol:

King Aaron
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Good luck Axel and Arne! :D :yeah: Will Jurgen be playing? :p :lol:

arn
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Good luck Axel and Arne! :D :yeah: Will Jurgen be playing? :p :lol:The last time JŘrgen played an official singles match is aaaaaaaaaages ago (yeah, JŘrgen is getting old :p ), but I hope I will play a dubbels with him :kiss: :D

▀coene
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
If I can, and if they don't forbid me, I will certainly go and support Arne and Axel. :bounce:

arn
Mar 18th, 2004, 02:40 PM
If I can, and if they don't forbid me, I will certainly go and support Arne and Axel. :bounce:
yeah, great! :D wow, already our own fanclub ;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
:angel: Off course you can :p But I only sign autographs if we win :p

▀coene
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:55 AM
:angel: Off course you can :p But I only sign autographs if we win :p

:( ;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 19th, 2004, 10:37 AM
:( ;)
:p It's not written Kim on my face

King Aaron
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:41 PM
The last time JŘrgen played an official singles match is aaaaaaaaaages ago (yeah, JŘrgen is getting old :p ), but I hope I will play a dubbels with him :kiss: :D
Lol......you mean he played singles before? :p :lol: ;) Oh cool...will there be any pictures? :angel:

Come-on-kim
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Lol......you mean he played singles before? :p :lol: ;) Oh cool...will there be any pictures? :angel:
Yeah :angel: I have my digicam so if someone come to see us :scared: he/she'd can take pics of the "stars of the day" :angel:

arn
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah :angel: I have my digicam so if someone come to see us :scared: he/she'd can take pics of the "stars of the day" :angel:
ok, you will be the one with the :o -face if/when we lose 6_0 6_1 or so in the first round!! :p I keep being down to earth and realistic :p

Come-on-kim
Mar 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM
ok, you will be the one with the :o -face if/when we lose 6_0 6_1 or so in the first round!! :p I keep being down to earth and realistic :p
Confidence... confidence :p

Svennovitch
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:55 PM
The draw for the interclub has been announced today. I am playing interclub 25/4, 2/5, 9/5, 16/5 and 23/5. If we are first or second in our group, we can go even further. :bounce:

I only start playing tournaments after the interclub. I don't really make a calendar for it.

tennisbelge
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Well, my season is already well begun. I played 4 tournaments so far.
Rebecq at X-mas, with a second round loss (win againt a B+4/6, loss agains B-15)
Ermitage in February (a nice performance against a B-4/6 and then loss against a B-15)
Montagnard - loss in the first round against a B-15 in M.1
Victory in M2 (from B-2/6 to C15.4 with qualifying draw).

Next one at Easter : Montagnard (M1 or M1 bis) and then Ermitage again.

Svennovitch
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Rebecq at X-mas, with a second round loss (win againt a B+4/6, loss agains B-15)
Ermitage in February (a nice performance against a B-4/6 and then loss against a B-15)

Congrats!! What did you win for your victory in Montagnard? How many matches did you have to play?

I played a X-mas tournament as well. In TC Brughia, and lost in the semi-final of Double mixed 30. Two wins though.

ps. I didn't know H2 was M2 in French ;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Where are Ermitage and Montagnard???

I suppose Rebecq is tennisland right? I am looking forward to play there :D

arn
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Wow :eek: impressive!

Good luck in Montagnard!!!

tennisbelge
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Where are Ermitage and Montagnard???

I suppose Rebecq is tennisland right? I am looking forward to play there :D

Montagnard is in Montignies-sur-Sambre (center of Charleroi) and Ermitage is in Charleroi (they played some Astrid Bowl matches there because they haven't indoor courts at Astrid).

Rebecq is Tennisland indeed.

I had to play 4 matches as I was in the final draw (I'm ranked B-2/6).

As it is really a small club, the prizes aren't very impressive but I won a really nice Sergio Tacchino shirt and a kind of cup which makes a nice souvenir. It's been since 2000 that I hadn't won a tournament.

King Aaron
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:19 PM
:banana: :woohoo: Lol. ;)

tennisbelge, congratulations on your victory. :D

Come-on-kim
Mar 20th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Montagnard is in Montignies-sur-Sambre (center of Charleroi) and Ermitage is in Charleroi (they played some Astrid Bowl matches there because they haven't indoor courts at Astrid).

Rebecq is Tennisland indeed.

I had to play 4 matches as I was in the final draw (I'm ranked B-2/6).

As it is really a small club, the prizes aren't very impressive but I won a really nice Sergio Tacchino shirt and a kind of cup which makes a nice souvenir. It's been since 2000 that I hadn't won a tournament.
:yeah: I hope you'll win other titles ;) (I just hope I'll win a set in my first tournament :p)

tennisbelge
Mar 21st, 2004, 07:41 AM
:yeah: I hope you'll win other titles ;) (I just hope I'll win a set in my first tournament :p)

You have to start somewhere. I didn't win a match on my first year (back in 1984 :) ). Just play for fun and the results will come. If you're stressed then you don't play well and you don't enjoy the game.

arn
Mar 21st, 2004, 12:28 PM
You have to start somewhere. I didn't win a match on my first year (back in 1984 :) ). Just play for fun and the results will come. If you're stressed then you don't play well and you don't enjoy the game.
that last sentence would be me :o ;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:08 PM
OK, already changing my schedule :rolleyes:

The tournament I wanted to play next week is held a week later now :rolleyes: So, as I am working for the Davis Cup the weekend the tournament begins I can't play it :sad: And the nearest tournament the week I wanted to play is in Charleroi :rolleyes:

Come-on-kim
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Yesterday at 7pm I received a call from the tournament I wanted to play (in which I finally didn't commit because they told me I couldn't commit because I wasn't available the first weekend of the tournament) and he told me "we are you? we are waiting for you, you had to begin your first round match at 6pm :rolleyes:" So finally they put me in the draw after they told me I wasn't allowed to commit :fiery: If I knew I would have played it!

tennisbelge
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Yesterday at 7pm I received a call from the tournament I wanted to play (in which I finally didn't commit because they told me I couldn't commit because I wasn't available the first weekend of the tournament) and he told me "we are you? we are waiting for you, you had to begin your first round match at 6pm :rolleyes:" So finally they put me in the draw after they told me I wasn't allowed to commit :fiery: If I knew I would have played it!

They're quite funny. I hope they excused your W/O.

Come-on-kim
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:49 PM
They're quite funny. I hope they excused your W/O.
Yeah me too!!! I don't want to be fined!!!!!

tennisbelge
Apr 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM
First disappointing match of the year for me yesterday. I lost in the semi in Montagnard (M. 1bis) against a B0, 6/3-6/4. He was playing well and I never really get into the match. I felt a bit like Justine against Kapros, awfully tired by a bad pharangitis. Anyway, today I'm already playing my first match in l'Ermitage (still in Charleroi). I'm hoping for an easy draw.

Brαm
Apr 17th, 2004, 04:57 PM
What's pharangitis?

Anyways, good luck JoŰl (?) :)

tennisbelge
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:58 PM
What's pharangitis?

Anyways, good luck JoŰl (?) :)

Van Dale says keelonsteking. Anyway I've had fever for three days. Now it's okay but I feel a little down.

2. You're right, I'm Joel. I had the draw I wanted, a B+4/6 and I won 7/6-6/1 although I didn't play my best tennis (had to save 5 set points! against someone ranked 3 ranks below me). Next opponent is B-4/6. One ranking above me, I like this kind of match, nothing to lose, no stress. A nice training for the interclubs too.

Come-on-kim
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Seeing the level I have right now if I'd play last week I'd have lost 6-0 6-0 :o

▀coene
Apr 17th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Seeing the level I have right now if I'd play last week I'd have lost 6-0 6-0 :o
If you ever want to practise for a tournemant but you don't find anyone, you can always ask me. :)
I hope your level goes up. :yeah:

▀coene
Jun 24th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I have entered a tournemant that begins this week. Hopefully I'll be able to bring some good news soon. ;) :D

▀coene
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:06 PM
I lost 6-1, 6-4 in the first round. The first set was bad, I lost my concentration. The second set was a lot better. I was leading 4-2, but then I made more mistakes again I guess.

On a good day I could certainly win. In the second set I didn't do much wrong, but in the first set I was awful. I just have to play more I guess to have more confidence in my shots, so I can play more aggressive, without making too many mistakes.

Come-on-kim
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:41 PM
For now, I suck! That says it all

▀coene
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
For now, I suck! That says it all
Why don't you share us your results. We will cheer even more for you I guess. ;)

Good luck in your next tournemant. :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Jun 28th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Why don't you share us your results. We will cheer even more for you I guess. ;)

Good luck in your next tournemant. :yeah:
Hum...

1st match : 1-6 2-6 if I remember well. I was exhausted, made tons of errors, plenty of winds so his slices were :fiery:

2nd match : 1-6 4-6 I broke in the opening game, then he took 9 games in row, I took 3 in a row, so came back to 6-1 3-3 then lost my composure. At my best, I could have win 6-0 6-0!!!! But I suck in tournaments!!

3rd match (doubles) : 3-6 2-6... not a bad match, but once again we had luck in the draw :rolleyes: We played against my partner's coach who only plays 2 doubles tournament a year so he is ranked like he should be :rolleyes:

arn
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I entered 3 tournaments. At the moment I play like shit, so I will be happy to win some games ;)

Brαm
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:36 AM
made tons of errors, plenty of winds

:eek: :tape:

http://www.langkawi.dk/o35.gif

Come-on-kim
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:22 PM
:eek: :tape:

http://www.langkawi.dk/o35.gif
What does that mean? :confused:

Come-on-kim
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:23 PM
OK, I committed to the tournament in Rebecq Tennisland (where the 10K woman event is played)....

One of my last chance to perform well, I may retire for singles this year if I still lose matches I should win

Svennovitch
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Don't give up that easily, Axel!! Playing matches is 50% hitting and 50% in the head. Just try to believe you can win and be concentrated, that's already half the win ;)

Come-on-kim
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Don't give up that easily, Axel!! Playing matches is 50% hitting and 50% in the head. Just try to believe you can win and be concentrated, that's already half the win ;)
No, if I believe I can win, I'll lose :p that's happen the last time :p I came back from 3-0 to 3-3 then I said "if I lead 4-3, he'll be tired and i'll win the 2nd set" and what happenned? :p I lost my service game at love :p

Svennovitch
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:37 AM
No, if I believe I can win, I'll lose :p that's happen the last time :p I came back from 3-0 to 3-3 then I said "if I lead 4-3, he'll be tired and i'll win the 2nd set" and what happenned? :p I lost my service game at love :p
Well, you can't think like that. I have the same. You have to play point by point. So always concentrate on the current point and don't think about almost winning a set, that is always jinxing yourself...

Come-on-kim
Jun 30th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Well, you can't think like that. I have the same. You have to play point by point. So always concentrate on the current point and don't think about almost winning a set, that is always jinxing yourself...
I'll try to do it :p Actually I have to win, because I have friends in Tubeke (among my ex) and they'd like to come and see me playing :rolleyes: :p but they are in Paris from Friday to Monday :p So I have to pass at least 2 rounds :p MI :p

Come-on-kim
Jul 3rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
SHIT!!!!

I did it!! I finally won a match :eek: Can you believe it? :eek:

I took the first set 6-2, I was serving well, playing well, didn't make a lot of mistakes,... At 2-2 in that set, I faced 2 bp and saved them with aces.. Then I took all the games.

In the second set... He led 3-0 then, I took a bathroom break.. I tried to break his momentum.. (:tape: not a nive move from me...) but it didn't work :sad: He won the set 6-0. I wasn't in the match anymore...

Third set, he broke me immeadiatly, he led 1-0, then I broke back .. so 1-1... Then once again, I saved some bp and led 2-1*... Then he won 3 straight games to lead 4-2*, then I led 5-4* 30-30... But he won that game and then broke me... 6*-5 for him... After 4 points in that game, he led 40-15 so had 2 match points... The first one, he put a volley out... on the second match point... my forehand ball touched the net... and fell just behind it on his side :eek: GOSH I AM LUCKY!!! Then I knew I couldn't lose anymore, it was my turn to win today... So I broke him and in the tie-break I always led and concluded at 6/3 on my first match point.

It ended the 2h30 match with the score of 6-2 0-6 7-6(7/3) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I am happy!!!! Really happy!!!! When I lost the 2nd set, I told myself, win that set or you'll never play a single tournament again... So, now I am pressure free, I wanted to win my first official match this year, I did it in my 3rd single tournament so that's great!!

Next match, Tuesday 7pm in Rebecq

Wimanna
Jul 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
Well done Axel...:yeah: The start of a lot of wins ;)

Svennovitch
Jul 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
I knew it, you just have to believe :D
Tennis is 50% ability and 50% head!! (and a little luck :p)

Congrats :yeah:

Up to the final ;)

▀coene
Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM
Congratulations Axel !!! :clap2:

Saving match points, very good. :D

Come-on-kim
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:01 PM
I knew it, you just have to believe :D
Tennis is 50% ability and 50% head!! (and a little luck :p)

Congrats :yeah:

Up to the final ;)
Just a little :p :p :angel:

Fieke
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Well done Axel :)

Come-on-kim
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:03 PM
They changed the schedule of play, I'll play Wednesday at 7pm, and that's when Gaelle is playing as well :D

Brαm
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:06 PM
They changed the schedule of play, I'll play Wednesday at 7pm, and that's when Gaelle is playing as well :D
Can't you enter a high level mixed doubles tournament with her? :devil: :D

Come-on-kim
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Can't you enter a high level mixed doubles tournament with her? :devil: :D
1) Yes we can in an open Mixed Draw
2) I'd love to do it
3) I will never have the guts to ask her :p

Come-on-kim
Jul 8th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I did once again :o

I am in the quarterfinal :eek: :eek:

Yesterday, I won in 3h15 with the score of 7-5 6-7(3) 6-3 :eek: (so that's more than 5h30 on court for 2 rounds :eek: )

In the first set, I played kinda well until Gaelle stepped on the court next to me, there I began more to watch her game than playing mine :lol: So I had to focus back and break back to come back at 5-5. After some tensions in the last games because of one of my ball who was clearly on the line but he called it out, I won the first set 7-5.

The second set was kinda the same. I broke back to come back at 5-5, led 6-5* 30-30 and then choked....

In the third one, I took a 4-0 lead before he came back at 4-2 and then we both continued to held our service games and so I won 6-3.

My opponent had a real shit behaviour!!! I never saw someone with so less sportmanship than him!!! He was hitting balls everywhere (and also in my direction when I was winning an important game :fiery: ) So I was happy to win against him!! Just to show you another example, when I won, he throw from the baseline his racket in the net! And then in the club house he said "I am mad, I hate playing more than 3h to lose" and also he said "if I wouldn't have let come back in the first set, you would have never won" :rolleyes: I did my job, I tried to focus and to play my game and never giving up and it worked out!

I was extreamly happy :bounce: I never won an official match before, and now, in the same tournament I win 2 matches to reach the quarterfinals :eek:

I also talked a little bit with Gaelle before my match and she said she wouldn't play the 10K challengers, just some tournaments this summer. I also saw Maite Slagmeulder (sp??) she is beautiful!

Anyway, my next match is tomorrow evening! Who knows now... maybe I can win a 3rd match in a row :eek: :eek: :tape:

Svennovitch
Jul 8th, 2004, 03:50 PM
:woohoo:

Good luck, Axel :D

Wimanna
Jul 8th, 2004, 06:14 PM
C'mon Axel....take that trophy home!!! :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Jul 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
C'mon Axel....take that trophy home!!! :yeah:
Don't dream Wim :p I'll fight but I don't think I am able to do that. I am just a low level player who doesn't know how he did to reach the QF of Rebecq :p

▀coene
Jul 9th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Well done Axel. :D

Good luck in your next match. :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I lost 6-0 6-2...Nothing much to say about that match... on the second point, I slipped on the humid clay and scratch my arm and leg while reaching a crosscourt forehand. And I fell on one of my bone (the one where the leg's bone ends at the top of the leg), so I got treatment and after that, it was a no match as I was tentative in my runs and I wasn't trying to reach shots. That's sad because he wasn't even playing well! And I am sure I could beat him, but after I fell I wasn't in the match anymore. :sad: Well it's only a match, they'll be more tournaments, now it's time to confirm I can win matches in other tournaments.

▀coene
Jul 10th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Too bad you felt. :hug:

But congrats on a good tournemant. Good luck in your next. :yeah:

▀coene
Jul 13th, 2004, 08:27 PM
In my second tournemant I lost again in the first round: 4-6 (after trailing 0-5), 6-4, 3-6. I enjoyed the match, and it was a close match, so that's not bad. :) The only thing that's not working for the moment is my forehand, hopefully I can find it back soon.

Come-on-kim
Jul 14th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Official statement :p :

I am sorry to have to come to this point, but unfortunately I have to withdraw from all the tournaments I committed until the end of July due to a virus who keeps me tired all the time. Be sure I'll take care of myself and come back stronger than ever for Beauvechain ;)

Come-on-kim
Jul 16th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Second official statement :

It breaks my heart but I am unable any more tournaments in the following weeks. I've been diagnose with mononucleosis today so I can barely stand up :sad:

Brαm
Jul 16th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Kissing disease eh? :hehehe:

Get well soon, Axel :awww:

fleemke│
Jul 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM
oh Axel :sad: get wel soon :kiss:

I'm playing a doublestournament thursday 25 points. My friend and I have 20 points (30/2) and we'll play against a C15/4 and a NG ... we thought :( the NG already has 905 points :eek: so she's a C30 next year already :( so we play against a doubleteam with 35 points ... well we will go for the surprise of the tournament ;)

I'm playing singles on tuesday .. trying to get my negative points back to positive :o

Wimanna
Jul 16th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Second official statement :

It breaks my heart but I am unable any more tournaments in the following weeks. I've been diagnose with mononucleosis today so I can barely stand up :sad:
:awww: I hope you recover quick :kiss: :hug:

Svennovitch
Jul 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM
All that partying http://www.kirstenflipkens.org/YaBBImages/nono.gif :p

You'll have to sweat it out now. All the best to you, Axel!

Come-on-kim
Jul 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah the kissing disease... but I asked my ex and he isn't ill... so I don't know where I got that :sad:

That's annoying because I can't do anything execpt sleeping and watching tv...

Good luck for everyone who plays tennis tournaments!! I wish I could play.. For once I finally found a way to win matches I am ill :sad:

tennisbelge
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:04 PM
I've also finished my season. But this is my decision, not because illness. My last match was really too weak and I had not enough mental strenght to win it. I lost it in 3 hours and I realized I had to focus on training for next year.
Anyway, I'm quite happy with my tennis year and should gain one ranking next year.
Get well soon Axel and come back stronger than ever next year.

Come-on-kim
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:19 PM
I've also finished my season. But this is my decision, not because illness. My last match was really too weak and I had not enough mental strenght to win it. I lost it in 3 hours and I realized I had to focus on training for next year.
Anyway, I'm quite happy with my tennis year and should gain one ranking next year.
Get well soon Axel and come back stronger than ever next year.Thank you very much!!! I'll give a try next week to train and if it's ok then maybe by mid-august I'll begin playing again... I'll see how it'll go. But I am hungry to play again!!

And good luck for your training ;) And have a good winter season :)

▀coene
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM
This week I'll have to play at least four matches, even if I lose in the first round all the time. I will play men's doubles, mixed doubles and also singles in two categories. :D

Tomorrow I have to play mixed doubles, for the first time. I hope we have a chance so we can enjoy it. :)

Come-on-kim
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM
This week I'll have to play at least four matches, even if I lose in the first round all the time. I will play men's doubles, mixed doubles and also singles in two categories. :D

Tomorrow I have to play mixed doubles, for the first time. I hope we have a chance so we can enjoy it. :)
Normaly can't you only in 2 draws/week??

I suscribe Arne and me for the doubles tournament in Beauvechain :bounce: Let's hope we'll both me healthy to play!!

▀coene
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Normaly can't you only in 2 draws/week??

I suscribe Arne and me for the doubles tournament in Beauvechain :bounce: Let's hope we'll both me healthy to play!!I have no idea about that Axel. It's not all in the same tournemant, two different tournemants. Also it's all in different categories, so it's not like I can score double points, but you could be right.

I heard you would be able to play. That's great. :D Take care of yourself this week.

Do you have an idea when you'll have to play your first match?

Come-on-kim
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I have no idea about that Axel. It's not all in the same tournemant, two different tournemants. Also it's all in different categories, so it's not like I can score double points, but you could be right.

I heard you would be able to play. That's great. :D Take care of yourself this week.

Do you have an idea when you'll have to play your first match?
Hum.. maybe sunday?? dunno, we'll see on thursday

▀coene
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Surprise Surprise, I lost today in mixed doubles :eek: ;). I'm not that good in doubles, and I didn't play well, so then it's difficult to win. The score was 6-1, 6-1. :o

▀coene
Aug 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
I lost my other three matches as well this week. :retard: In singles I didn't have luck with the draw in my categorie, I lost 6-0, 6-0 :tape: (My forehand wasn't working and he had a great serve)
In a more dificult categorie I lost 6-1, 6-2. (My forehand was still not working) That wasn't that bad, I didn't expect to win.
In men's doubles I/we lost 6-1, 3-6, 6-3. (My forehand was better :), but off course this time my backhand was worse) Finally I/we won a set. ;) Not bad I guess. My game is coming back I hope. Probably I don't play enough, I only played 9 times in 7 days. :devil:

Svennovitch
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
In a more dificult categorie I lost 6-1, 6-2. (My forehand was still not working) That wasn't that bad, I didn't expect to win.
Too bad, you didn't win this match, because if you had won, you could have played against me. But I took revenge for you ;)

▀coene
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Too bad, you didn't win this match, because if you had won, you could have played against me. But I took revenge for you ;)
Too bad. Good that you beat him. :devil:

I was already thinking by how you described your second opponent it might have been the one I played. Too bad I couldn't really exploit his bad backhand. I'm more comfortable hitting to the left (for me).

Svennovitch
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Yesterday I won my third match as well :)
Tomorrow at 18u30 my quarter final.

▀coene
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Tomorrow at 18u30 my quarter final.:clap2:

Good luck tomorrow :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Tomorrow at 18u30 my quarter final.
Congrats Sven :bounce: :yeah: I told you!

Fieke
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Go Sven! http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/party/3358.gif

arn
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Well done Sven! Nu de titel pakken hÚ ;) ;)

▀coene
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I have to play tomorrow (first round of course ;)). Can't remember if it was 17.00 or 18.00. I think it was 18.00 but I probably give them a call tomorrow to be sure.

I'm planning to be very aggressive on my serve, don't care if it's in or not. Of course sometimes I'll hit it much softer to surprise :tennis:

Svennovitch
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks all :D

Good luck, Benjamin :yeah:

▀coene
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Good luck, Benjamin :yeah:Thanks.

I lost. The score was 6-3, 6-3.

But I'm not really disappointed because I played quite good. The match was closer then the score suggests. I enjoyed the match. :)

I just have to work on a few things (for example: instead of taking advantage of a shorter ball on my forehand, you can almost be sure I'm going to lose the point by hitting it long) and then I think I should be able to win against someone of this level. He has enough points to rise in the rankings, so he is not bad.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play more tournemants.

How was your match?

Svennovitch
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:27 AM
How was your match?Very good :D
I won 6-3, 6-2 :bounce:
Tomorrow semi-final @ 20h30.

I am really surprising myself. I am getting close to a C15/4 ranking :tape:

In 4 matches I lost 11 games...:eek:
I think I have a good draw :o

▀coene
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Very good :D
I won 6-3, 6-2 :bounce:
Tomorrow semi-final @ 20h30.

I am really surprising myself. I am getting close to a C15/4 ranking :tape:

In 4 matches I lost 11 games...:eek:
I think I have a good draw :o
Again a convincing win. You must be playing well. :D You can't have a good draw all the time.

Keep going. :rocker: Semi-final already. :eek:

I tought you were going to lose 6 games. ;)

1 match: 0 games
2 match: 2 games
3 match: 4 games
4 match: 6 5 games
5 match: ?

Svennovitch
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I tought you were going to lose 6 games. ;)I am better than you think :p
Tomorrow I'll play against a NG player who already has more than 3000 points :eek:
He's already sure of a C15 ranking next year :o I think I have reached terminus ;)

▀coene
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I am better than you think :p
Tomorrow I'll play against a NG player who already has more than 3000 points :eek:
He's already sure of a C15 ranking next year :o I think I have reached terminus ;)
OMG, that's a lot of points. :eek: Think positive. :yeah: You never know. :)

arn
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Well done Sven!!! Go for the surprise and beat the NG :p ;)

At least you are happy with the way you played Benjamin, so now you have to build on that :)

Come-on-kim
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:54 AM
I am better than you think :p
And you said you weren't that good :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!! Win that title!!!!!

Svennovitch
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:37 AM
And you said you weren't that good :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!! Win that title!!!!!
I am a solid C30. But I don't know what I am going to do in a higher categorie if I become C15/4 (H3 in stead of H4). I won't win a match.

tennisbelge
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks.

I just have to work on a few things (for example: instead of taking advantage of a shorter ball on my forehand, you can almost be sure I'm going to lose the point by hitting it long)

Just a tip : from time to time on short balls, just go for the drop shot. But don't forget to follow it to the net. The drop shot is an offensive shot, not a defensive one. Too many players forget this (even professionnal players, especially by the women).

Svennovitch
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Just a tip : from time to time on short balls, just go for the drop shot. But don't forget to follow it to the net. The drop shot is an offensive shot, not a defensive one. Too many players forget this (even professionnal players, especially by the women).
I agree.

Come-on-kim
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I am a solid C30. But I don't know what I am going to do in a higher categorie if I become C15/4 (H3 in stead of H4). I won't win a match.
A solid C30, I am a solid NR :p So you'll kill me :lol:

▀coene
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks.

Another thing I do wrong. If I'm almost at the net, instead of running forward I run to the back of the court again.

Svennovitch
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:15 PM
I am in the final :bounce: :woohoo:

Although I didn't actually win the match ;)

He was 5-4 in front when he retired in the match. He hurt his knee when reaching out to get a drop shot and couldn't continue the match. He was 1 break of serve in front.

At the beginning of the match, he outplayed me completely and came 4-1 in front with 2 breaks of serve. Then I finally got a bit used to the rythm he plays (because he hit very hard :eek: ), and got 1 break back. At 4-3 behind I played a bad game and he came 5-3 in front. My service game followed and at 15-15, I played a good drop shot, which he couldn't reach and hurt his knee. I won the game and he couldn't continue.

After a good draw, I am having a lot of luck as well :o

Before this match I've never reached a quarter final before and now I am in the final!!!! Unbelievable :)

Come-on-kim
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:36 AM
I am in the final :bounce: :woohoo:

Although I didn't actually win the match ;)

He was 5-4 in front when he retired in the match. He hurt his knee when reaching out to get a drop shot and couldn't continue the match. He was 1 break of serve in front.

At the beginning of the match, he outplayed me completely and came 4-1 in front with 2 breaks of serve. Then I finally got a bit used to the rythm he plays (because he hit very hard :eek: ), and got 1 break back. At 4-3 behind I played a bad game and he came 5-3 in front. My service game followed and at 15-15, I played a good drop shot, which he couldn't reach and hurt his knee. I won the game and he couldn't continue.

After a good draw, I am having a lot of luck as well :o

Before this match I've never reached a quarter final before and now I am in the final!!!! Unbelievable :)
:woohoo: Well done!!!! Now, win the title!! Don't put too much pressure on yourself tho!!!

And you always need luck to win a match!!! In my 1st rnd in Rebecq, I saved a match point with a netcord!! That was pure luck as well, I could have lost that 1st rnd, but thanks to the net who allowed my ball to pass over it, I won :bounce: ;)

So good luck!!!!!

Fieke
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Good luck Sven! http://www.smily.at/smily/smily553.gif

arn
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM
:woohoo: Had je niet eens gezegd dat als je een tornooi won, je de prijs zou delen met de andere pongers??? :angel: :p ;)

▀coene
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Sven. :yeah:

It seems like you had a chance in the semi even if he hadn't retired, I mean, the score was close. :)

Svennovitch
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all the support :D

It was a really long day today. Normally I had to play @ 16h, but my opponent couldn't play then. So the match would take place after the ceremonie @ 19h. That was a bit nerve wrecking...

In the first set, he was constantly in front and I just couldn't get used to his game. He played a bit slower than I liked, so I had to set all the pace. But when you are a bit stressed, that is so difficult. And he could run everything down, even if I played a perfect shot, he got it back. But I kept fighting and could hang on till he could serve for the set @ 6-5. We played a game of at least 15 minutes, I think, with him having a lot of setpoints (if I could guess at least 5). But he hit a double fault on 3 of them and I played a few winners. On my first break point, he double faulted again and so we were set for a tie-break. In that tie-break, he came 2-0 in front, but then I started to pick up my game and just run everyting down. He was a bit tensed and I won the tie-break 7-2.

I don't like to be reminded to the second set because I just wasn't in it. It was unbelievalby hot and the first set had taken his toll. I hit a lot of unforced errors and he won that 6-2.

I was the first one to begin the third set. I was starting to have cramps in my legs because of the heat and long match. We were already more than 2h playing. But I didn't show it, because I saw he was getting tired as well. I just stretched between points to get the feeling go away and drank a lot. I won my first service game and I was really concentrated to take his next service game. After a long game I won it and came 2-0 in front. Then I had to serve and I was really focused on hitting first serves, because my serve was letting me down a bit. I worked and I won the game easily 3-0. After that he cracked and I won the set 6-0.

Absolutely amazing, we were on court for 2h45 in a 'blistering' heat ;) and I won!!!!!! Luckily I didn't have to play that match during the midday, because then they could have picked me up and carried me to the hospital :o

It is just amazing to have won 6 matches and the tournament. Of the 44 players participating, I came out first... A great feeling that is!!

▀coene
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Sven on your first tournemant victory. :worship: :bounce::banana: :clap2: :bigclap: :bowdown: :yeah: :yippee: :banana:

Another bagel :devil:

Svennovitch
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Oh, Benjamin, the guy you lost against in your first round, has won the tournament in H5. No need to feel down!!

▀coene
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Oh, Benjamin, the guy you lost against in your first round, has won the tournament in H5. No need to feel down!!
Thanks for telling me, I'm feeling better now. :yippee:

arn
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Wow, amazing, well done Sven!!! :yeah: What did you get for winning?? ;)
I think you have to alter your ambitions to stay at the rank you are now :o ;)

Come-on-kim
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Congrats Sven!!!!

Today I played a friendly "match" I won 7-5 after being down 0-40 on my serve when I had to close the set... I am happy because yesterday I lost to him 6-1 4-0 :lol:

Elleke
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:33 PM
congrats sven :D:D
and more to come hopefully!

Svennovitch
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Wow, amazing, well done Sven!!! :yeah: What did you get for winning?? ;)
I think you have to alter your ambitions to stay at the rank you are now :o ;)
The price isn't that enormous, but I am very happy with it. I won a discount of 50 euro in the tennis shop that sponsored the tournament. It's mainly the prestige of winning the tournament in your own club that is priceless.

My ranking :o
I am gonna have to work during the winter, I guess, or else I will be slaughtered next year. I am a sure C15/4 and maybe a C15/2... :tape:

▀coene
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:39 PM
The price isn't that enormous, but I am very happy with it. I won a discount of 50 euro in the tennis shop that sponsored the tournament. It's mainly the prestige of winning the tournament in your own club that is priceless.

I am gonna have to work during the winter, I guess, or else I will be slaughtered next year. I am a sure C15/4 and maybe a C15/2... :tape:
It's a nice prize indeed. :)

You should be happy with your ranking. I'm sure you won't look like a fool. Of course it won't be easy, but maybe it will make you even better.

arn
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM

That's true, now you can brag for a year you won there ;)

If you are going to climb the ranks anyway... why not playing more tournaments this summer? You could enroll in 'heren 3' aswell, just to see what you can expect next year ;)

Svennovitch
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:13 PM
That's true, now you can brag for a year you won there ;)

If you are going to climb the ranks anyway... why not playing more tournaments this summer? You could enroll in 'heren 3' aswell, just to see what you can expect next year ;)
There aren't a lot of tournaments anymore and the week of August 16, I am going on holiday to France. So summer will be over then. In september I am just planning to play 1 doubles tournament and the 'clubkampioenschappen', maybe playing national interclub, because there is a team that qualified for them. That should be enough, I think. If I am feeling my body now, it says it can't cope with more ;)

Come-on-kim
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:26 AM

Yeah winning in your own club must be amazing!!! I wish I could win in my own club to show them I am maybe worthy for a selection in the interclub team (even as an alternate) but when I played the tournament there, I always lost easily!! I won 2 games in 2 years :rolleyes: And this year when I finally found a way to win matches I can't play there because of my virus :p damn :lol: I always get nervous when I play there an official match! I just won mixed doubles matches there, singles will be for 2005

tennisbelge
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Congratulations to to you Sven. :)
Don't be too afraid of climbing in a new category. I never had too much trouble with that the first year. I've always found the second year more difficult. Perhaps because in the first year you have no pressure and you think that you have nothing to lose. The year after you start hoping for good results and when they don't come you lose all your confidence.
Anyway good luck for next year

Svennovitch
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Congratulations to to you Sven. :)
Don't be too afraid of climbing in a new category. I never had too much trouble with that the first year. I've always found the second year more difficult. Perhaps because in the first year you have no pressure and you think that you have nothing to lose. The year after you start hoping for good results and when they don't come you lose all your confidence.
Anyway good luck for next year
Thanks JoŰl (sp?)!!

Every year, I only play 1 singles tournament (the one in my club) and I never got beyond the second round. I always find it very strange that you don't notice it yourself that you have made improvements to your game. I am still thinking I am playing at the same level as last year, but my friends tell me the contrary.

Svennovitch
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks for telling me, I'm feeling better now. :yippee:Oh, and another thing. You know the doubles match we lost in your club? Those 2 men played well too in our tournament. The oldest man lost the final of the veterans, and the other one lost in the semi-final of H5 (I think against the guy you lost against in your first round).

Brαm
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Sven :eek: :clap2:

Proficiat :D

Wimanna
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Oh Sven schitterend joh :yeah: :hug: Ik ben deze topic totaal uit het oog verloren, kmoet hem ne keer bij m'n faves zetten ;)

psst, in welke categorie zit jij tijdens het pong-tornooi? :angel: hihi

Svennovitch
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Komt er een pong-tornooi dan? Ik zou het graag willen, maar ik vermoed dat het moeilijk is om iedereen samen te krijgen...

▀coene
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Komt er een pong-tornooi dan? Ik zou het graag willen, maar ik vermoed dat het moeilijk is om iedereen samen te krijgen...It doesn't have to be all at the same day. Altough it's probably better.

arn
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Sven zit in een categorie op zichzelf ;) die kan tegen de muur gaan spelen :p ;)

Svennovitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:22 AM
*zet zijn kraag wat open*

We kunnen ook een pre-kwalificatietornooi organiseren en de winnaar mag dan tegen mij spelen :p :lol:

▀coene
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:18 AM
*zet zijn kraag wat open*

We kunnen ook een pre-kwalificatietornooi organiseren en de winnaar mag dan tegen mij spelen :p :lol:Wait untill we are playing at our best level. :p :devil:

When the weather allows you to play later today, enjoy it. :)

arn
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Of we organiseren het anders; telkens 2 spelers tegen Sven alleen :devil:

arn
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM
oh ja, dat dubbelteam mag dan ook het dubbelterrein langs Sven zijn kant gebruiken :devil: :devil:

Svennovitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:45 AM
En je denkt dan te kunnen winnen *cough* ;)

arn
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:59 AM
amaai, die tornooi-zege is ook naar je hoofd gestegen :p :p :p ;)

Svennovitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM
amaai, die tornooi-zege is ook naar je hoofd gestegen :p :p :p ;)
Ik bewijs het natuurlijk eerst voordat ik zoiets verkondig ;) :p

W/L dit jaar in officiŰle matchen = 12/1.

Svennovitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:28 PM
http://www.vtv.be/pdftabellen/wvlaanderen/07/200420102_EH_4_hoofdtabel.pdf

▀coene
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.vtv.be/pdftabellen/wvlaanderen/07/200420102_EH_4_hoofdtabel.pdf:clap2:

Did you really have to post that, I'm in it too. :o :p

arn
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Jammer dat jullie niet tegen elkaar konden spelen :( Ik heb me ingeschreven voor een tornooi dat de 18de begint. Ik verwacht er niet veel van, maar je weet nooit ;)

Svennovitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Succes, Arne :D

▀coene
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Jammer dat jullie niet tegen elkaar konden spelen :( Ik heb me ingeschreven voor een tornooi dat de 18de begint. Ik verwacht er niet veel van, maar je weet nooit ;)Yeah, too bad. It's me who couldn't reach the second round, but I didn't expect it in a higher category. ;)

Nice that you entered a tournemant. :D

Good luck. http://www.kirstenflipkens.org/YaBBImages/duimen.gif

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:51 PM
well, if anyone's interested in my tennis performances :p, I played today in my club tournament and I won 6-2/6-3 :bounce: I played really well, long time ago I was so happy about my level :)
and next week I'm playing a doubles tournament in T.C. De Wilge, in Egem, if anyone knows this club...
bye!!:wavey:
oh, en proficiat Sven met je tornooizege!! :yeah:

arn
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Well done! Keep on playing at that level (or improving is even better ;) )

Stijn
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Proficiat Sven :yeah:

Josh
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Sven! :yeah:

Svennovitch
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Ingeschreven voor het gemengd dubbel clubkampioenschappen van de club met Patty Van Acker :angel:

arn
Aug 11th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Volgens mij ga je dat daar winnen ;) ;) ;)

Come-on-kim
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I committed to the Rebecq tournament... Just because maybe it's my lucky club :lol: But I am not that confident because as I changed my string tension, I lost my first serve and the first time I played there, I won thanks to my good first serves ... so now, I don't know what to expect about it!! But maybe I'll have a lovely support by then so who knows....

Come-on-kim
Aug 22nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
I lost 6-1 6-2 :( I had something other to think about ;)

In the first set I played like shit and in the second the games were all going to deuce but I was too tired for the last points.. maybe I began playing tournaments too quickly after my mononucleosis... but anyway I wasn't focussed enough, all I wanted to do is finishing as quick as I could to go back in Brussels :lol:

Come-on-kim
Aug 25th, 2004, 06:34 PM
It seems like I am following Justine's steps!

So saterday I lost... I was playing really badly, moving badly, being late,... and I had to call the doctor today... Apparently I begon tennis too quickly as well after my mononucleosis and as I was weaker I cought another virus now :rolleyes: So no more tennis for these following months.... :sad:

fleemke│
Aug 25th, 2004, 07:57 PM
It seems like I am following Justine's steps!

So saterday I lost... I was playing really badly, moving badly, being late,... and I had to call the doctor today... Apparently I begon tennis too quickly as well after my mononucleosis and as I was weaker I cought another virus now :rolleyes: So no more tennis for these following months.... :sad:
It's a sign Axel A SIGN :eek::lol::D

Get well soon boy :kiss: