PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters Withdraws from Miami

Andrew.
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Clijsters to miss Miami

Belgian world number two Kim Clijsters will miss next week's tournament in Miami with a wrist injury. The 20-year-old has torn a tendon in her left wrist and has been fitted with a brace to treat the problem. She hopes to return in the Fed Cup at the end of April.

"I cannot sleep because of the pain," Clijsters told her official website.

"I can't even wash my hair."

Clijsters picked up the injury during her 6-1 6-3 win over Angelika Roesch in the second round at Indian Wells. She was forced to retire from the tournament as a result.

"I can't even manage to type in my diary," she said.

"I am trying to keep my form and fitness, but running with my brace on isn't easy. I have to be careful not to slip of course."

Clijsters is hoping to return to action in Belgium's first round Fed Cup match against Croatia on 24-25 April for her return.

"It will become difficult to be strong for the Fed Cup," she added.

"At this moment, chances that I will play the Fed Cup are still higher than the ones of not playing."

Sportfan
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Too bad Kim has to miss Miami but hopefully she will heal relatively quickly and play in Fed cup.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Why are you posting this everywhere? You have already started 2 or 3 threads for it in GM and it isn't even official yet.

Your concern for Kim is so heartfelt......

Billabong
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Kim :sad:!
Get well soon:)!