PDA

View Full Version : The Youngsters are coming

King Aaron
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
:wavey: This 2 are very promising young Bulgarians. I was just wondering if anyone could provide a little bio on the 2 of them for me? :angel:

crazillo
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
i could give you a little german text about sesil as she won a tourney in germany this year. do you speak german?

ghosts
Dec 2nd, 2003, 06:02 PM
About Tzvetana:

Tzvetana Pironkova is the most promising Bulgarian on the tour right now and the absolute record breaker in Bulgaria. She became the youngest national champion for women at the age of 13 besting Magdalena Maleeva. Her first appearance on the tour is a final, at an ITF event in Bucarest, she goes three round of the qualifications, enters the main draw and reaches the finals, before losing in a second set tie-break, at the Bulgarian Open, given a wild card, she goes through the qualifications and enters the main draw, losing in the second round a though three set match, her third event is ITF in Volos, goes through the qualifications and enters the main draw, wins the tournament, as a result enters the WTA rankings at No. 503 with just three tournaments played. Became among the youngest Bulgarian Fed Cup players (together with the Maleevas), lost her first match for Bulgaria, but won a most important one vs the 15 years older Obziler of Israel.

ghosts
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
Sesil's big achievements so far: ;)

November'00 - Doubles U12 Eddie Herr International Winner
December'00 - 5th place U12 Jr.Orange Bowl, USA
July'01 - U12 European Championships Winner
August'01 - U14 1/8-final Jugsten Cup
December'01 - U14 Orange Ball Singles Winner
August'02 - ITF Fisher Jr.Open AUT Quarter-finalist
September'02 - ITF Leciva Open CZE Quarter-finalist
May'03 - ITF Singles winner Dutch Open
June'03 - ITF Singles winner German Open
September'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Volos - WINNER
October'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Carcavelos - RUNNER-UP
October'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Carcavelos 2 - WINNER

King Aaron
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:10 PM
i could give you a little german text about sesil as she won a tourney in germany this year. do you speak german?
I don't but maybe I can get someone to translate. :confused:

King Aaron
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
sts']About Tzvetana:

Tzvetana Pironkova is the most promising Bulgarian on the tour right now and the absolute record breaker in Bulgaria. She became the youngest national champion for women at the age of 13 besting Magdalena Maleeva. Her first appearance on the tour is a final, at an ITF event in Bucarest, she goes three round of the qualifications, enters the main draw and reaches the finals, before losing in a second set tie-break, at the Bulgarian Open, given a wild card, she goes through the qualifications and enters the main draw, losing in the second round a though three set match, her third event is ITF in Volos, goes through the qualifications and enters the main draw, wins the tournament, as a result enters the WTA rankings at No. 503 with just three tournaments played. Became among the youngest Bulgarian Fed Cup players (together with the Maleevas), lost her first match for Bulgaria, but won a most important one vs the 15 years older Obziler of Israel.
Thanks. :D So how old is Tzveti now? 13?

King Aaron
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
sts']Sesil's big achievements so far: ;)

November'00 - Doubles U12 Eddie Herr International Winner
December'00 - 5th place U12 Jr.Orange Bowl, USA
July'01 - U12 European Championships Winner
August'01 - U14 1/8-final Jugsten Cup
December'01 - U14 Orange Ball Singles Winner
August'02 - ITF Fisher Jr.Open AUT Quarter-finalist
September'02 - ITF Leciva Open CZE Quarter-finalist
May'03 - ITF Singles winner Dutch Open
June'03 - ITF Singles winner German Open
September'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Volos - WINNER
October'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Carcavelos - RUNNER-UP
October'03 - $10k ITF Women's Circuit Carcavelos 2 - WINNER
Thanks. :) Fischer Jr. and Leciva Open, what grade are they?

ghosts
Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Last year's tourneys that Sesil won were Grade 3 I think :)

Dutch Open 2003 was Grade 2 and German Open - Grade 1 :worship:

and Tzvetana is already 16! ;)

King Aaron
Dec 4th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info. :) :D
Do you know why Tzveti doesn't play Juniors?

ghosts
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info. :) :D
Do you know why Tzveti doesn't play Juniors?
well Tzvetana has played 2-3 junior tournaments but that's all
I don't really know why but I think because their parents think that's the right way
I think that Sesil won't play much juniors more, too ;)

King Aaron
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:20 PM
I see, well Tzveti's doing good on the ITF circuit so I think it isn't a bad decision. :)

With her results she shouldn't too. ;)

crazillo
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:14 PM
sesil is doing well again. after last weeks´close upset by jie zheng the 14-year-old-bulgarian-talent overcame world nr. 116 tzipi obziler in three sets. for karatancheva this means a big jump in next weeks ranking. she and pironkova shoed in the recent weeks that soon Maleeva and Bacheva are not alone!

ghosts
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:54 PM
yeah Sascha :yeah:

I made a cheering thread for Sesil in the challenger forum with your post! Hope you don't mind ;)

:woohoo:

crazillo
Dec 9th, 2003, 09:22 PM
no, but please change shoed to showed

ghosts
Mar 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
http://www.bg-tennis.com/sessil/news_jugend_sommer2003_gjo_essen.cfm_Dateien/blind.gifThe Youngsters are coming
http://www.bg-tennis.com/sessil/news_jugend_sommer2003_gjo_essen.cfm_Dateien/blind.gifThe Bulgarian Tennis - hope there is!
For one reason or another, the Bulgarian tennis has always been connected with the Maleeva family. It is about time, the things changed, because the new kids of the block are already there. Tsvetana Pironkova, Sessil Karatancheva and Dia Eftimova have already drawn the attention, and that is what count in the nowadays tennis, plus they have it all to become the new pin-girls of the WTA.

In all her late interviews Maggie Maleeva is being asked, whether she intends quitting, both her sisters quitted when they were about that age, and though Maggie has no intentions to quit (at least she says so) and her play is good enough for the elite, there is always the question, what shall happen, when she really goes off-court. Well, hope there is for the Bulgarian tennis.

http://www.bg-tennis.com/pironkova/pironkova.jpgIf you take a walk along the riverside nearby the Novotel Hotel in the beautiful town of Plovdiv, there is also the chance of catching a glimpse of a future WTA star - Tsvetana Pironkova. The 16 year old player is now only 333 in the world, but hey, watch her out. Tsvetana's fans has a lot to be proud of - as a qualifier she became the youngest Bulgarian Indoor Champion in her hometown of Plovdiv, besting Maggie Maleeva's record. It seems the qualifications are no problem for Tsvetana - as she started her professional career in September 2002 from the qualifications in Bucharest, Romania - to reach the finals. And finals she often reaches in a year and only 12, mostly $10 000 tournaments, she improved her rankings with more than 200 places.

But Pironkova must be proud with something else. She is a part of the Bulgarian Fed Cup team. The captain Julia Berberyan made no mistake, when she appointed Tsvetana the second player of the team. She won her match vs. T. Oblizer and lost a very tough one against Daskovic, but she was definitely the right decision.

http://www.bg-tennis.com/sessil/sessil.jpg

One could have thought - better is not possible. Sessil Karatancheva would have proven them wrong. When I first heard about Sessil, it was something like 6-7 years ago, there were problem with her pass, she couldn't leave the country to participate in a junior tournament. Then I was one of the few people that knew her, now she is world popular.

With the win of the German Junior Open 2003, Sessil became known in Germany and won a lot of fans. Undoubtedly, she is also very popular in China, Portugal and Greece, where her greatest wins are. She turned professional player at the age of 14, winning her first tournament in Volos, Greece. It was an all Bulgarian final in Greece - Sessil defeated Tsvetana Pironkova in a tough three set match.

However, her greatest wins were in China, where she had entered two $50 000 tournaments. From the qualifications - to the championships win, she did it all right, boosting her rankings to No.284 in the world. Because of the WTA regulations, Sessil is not allowed to play more than 6 pro tournaments a year until she turns 16, which means she has only one tournament left to play this year. I read somewhere, that the organizers of the Nasdaq-100 Open in USA are willing to give her a wild card, so hopefully this will be her sixth tournament.

Another promising Bulgarian player is Dia Eftimova. Although not that successful around on the WTA tour, she's been more than good in the juniors. She has recently signed some sponsoring contracts, that would make her transition into the WTA world much easier. Once, Julia Berberyan wrote in her book: "Finals are not good any more, we want wins". The new generation of players certainly gives us the hope, it's still possible.

crazillo
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:06 PM
I am 100% sure that Maggie plays 2005, I don´t know why. Perhaps she wants to give the young players one more year to improve. She could bring them back in the World Group. This is just possible if Maleeva plays one more year, because then Sesil and Tvetzana will be competetive enough.

Louis Cyphre
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
I have a question - Sesil already have QF in Rolland Garros,Tsvetana reach the SF in Tier III Istanbul so it means no more ITF tournaments.Who`s next?Who have the potential to make some noise in ITF tournaments and is U16?I thought that Dia Evtimova and Maria Penkova but...Now i think that Elitsa Kostova have the potential but in fact I have no idea who can be the next Sesil or Tsvetana.
Does anybody have any idea ???Ghosts ? :devil:

bgbgbg
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
elitsa kostova can not do anything better with her present coach
tania germanlieva maybe, but i'm not sure for top500, same for jacklin alawi
it's too early but remember the names of Alexandra Mitrovska (13) and Izabel Shinikova (14) - at least one of them will have a potential at least for making some noise in ITF circuit

Louis Cyphre
Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Never heard of these two girls :o And who is Jacklin Alawi,sounds strange :D Hope there will be at least on more girl who will kick some ass in ITF,coz it boring now - 1 round,2 round and thats it.

P.S.
Sesil and Tsvetana have lil sisters right? :lol:

crazillo
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:32 AM
And Maggie's nephews and nieces ALL play tennis. :p

I think two are OK for us, I mean we hadn't somebody else for years!!!

Sad to see Topalova wasting her top-100 potential. :sad:

TFan1156
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Crazillo my good friend that is a rhetorical question. We all know that THE SESILATOR is what Bulgarian tennis is all about....

TFan1156
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
I have a question - Sesil already have QF in Rolland Garros,Tsvetana reach the SF in Tier III Istanbul so it means no more ITF tournaments.Who`s next?Who have the potential to make some noise in ITF tournaments and is U16?I thought that Dia Evtimova and Maria Penkova but...Now i think that Elitsa Kostova have the potential but in fact I have no idea who can be the next Sesil or Tsvetana.
Does anybody have any idea ???Ghosts ? :devil:

Bulgarians it is great to have hope but you already got your star, THE SESILATOR, just sit back and enjoy it. :D

Tenisci
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Velieva sisters and Topalova :)

Louis Cyphre
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Crazillo my good friend that is a rhetorical question. We all know that THE SESILATOR is what Bulgarian tennis is all about....
In fact it`s not a rhetorical question ;)

Bulgarians it is great to have hope but you already got your star, THE SESILATOR, just sit back and enjoy it. :D
It`s not just a hope it`s sure :p I`m just wondering who`s next coz I know there will be more Sesilators ;)

Louis Cyphre
Jun 30th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Elitsa Mileva :confused: Who`s that girl?
I think she made her debut in ITF (not so sure) but it`s sounds like a good debut ->

Galati 10,000 $
Q1: Elitsa Mileva - BYE
Q2: Elitsa Mileva def. Roxana Dragan - 6-2;7-6(0) :eek:
Q3: Elitsa Mileva def. Marina Prohorova 6-3; 4-6; 6-3 (she is a fighter :yeah: )
R1: Diana Gae def. Elitsa Mileva 6-3;6-0 :sad:

Ballbasher
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Perhaps Lora Stancheva,she`s 14 and still a junior

Louis Cyphre
Jul 9th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Does anybody knows something more about Lora Stancheva and Anita Paliyska ?

Ballbasher
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Look here for more Bulgarian Junior players

www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/index.asp

Ballbasher
Sep 13th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Lora Stancheva plays Sofia

ghosts
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Lora Stancheva is quite cute, I watched her last year
doesn't have one particular strenght but plays good tennis :) :)

hope she can develop and enter the rankings soon :yeah:

pla
Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Someone knows who Victoria Tomova is?

bgbgbg
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Someone knows who Victoria Tomova is?

yes, i know :lol:

bgbgbg
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:28 PM
but she is only 10... ;)

Louis Cyphre
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
so we have to wait ... :D

pla
Nov 3rd, 2005, 03:14 PM
but she is only 10... ;)

I know she's 10. In fact I thought she's between 9 and 10. But I just crossed the news she won a tournament and I wondered if someone knows her.