PDA

View Full Version : New article on Kim's injury

great smash
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Kim Clijsters is nog niet verlost van de blessure aan haar rechterarm. Dokter Declercq kwam tot de vaststelling dat een verminderde schouder- en rompstabiliteit de problemen veroorzaken.

Door dat te compenseren met haar arm raakt die overbelast. Hij schreef haar een intensief stabilisatieprogramma en veel rust voor. Na de toernooien van Key Biscane, Wimbledon en Tokio moet ze bovendien rustperiodes van een drietal weken inlassen. Op het einde van het seizoen zal Clijsters acht weken rust in acht moeten nemen.

Haar deelname aan de Fed Cup komt wel op de helling te staan en aan dubbeltoernooien neemt ze dit jaar zeker niet meer deel. De Limburgse herneemt de competitie in Indian Wells.

TRANSLATION

Kim Clijsters' arm injury hasn't healed yet. Her problems are caused by a reduced shoulder and ?? stability. By trying to compensate this she puts too much stress on her arm. She'll be forced to have an intesive stabilisation program and lots of rest. After the tournaments of Key Biscane, Wimbledon and Tokyo, a rest period of three weeks needs to be respected. At the end of the season another 8 weeks rest are required.

Her participation in the FED Cup is in doubt, she will play no doubles anymore this year. She resumes competion in Indian Wells.

:mad: :rolleyes:
Not really the kind of news anyone is hoping for. Poor Kim.

supremeross
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:39 PM
What? This article makes no sense.

great smash
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:55 PM
In what way doesn't it make sense:confused:

gentenaire
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:05 PM
ouch, bad news!!

Thanks for posting the article.

Mazza
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Damnnnnnnnn this is really not good news at all, is playing a good idea at the moment? She should really take a couple of months off to heal her injury and I think that playing could make it worse. Get Well Kim!!

thefreedesigner
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:23 PM
lol.... supermoss, I'm assuming it's in Flemish. So if you don't speak it, it won't make sense.

great smash has kindly paraphrased it for us though. :D

The shoulder/arm certainly seems fairly serious (perhaps more so cause it's malignant).

Hope it doens't affect her too much.

dionysus
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Malignant? I saw no mention of cancer--what is meant by "reduced shoulder and ?? stability"? Is there any injury to the shoulder and she compensates with the are, or, is does she just have a week shoulder in her body make-up. Trying to evaluate whether the shoulder is something that will heal or not.

thefreedesigner
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Uh, I didn't mean malignant as in cancerous .... LOL. It has other meanings.

I just meant that it's quite...injurious. Certainly more than I at first thought.

irma
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I realy don`t know what to think of this
Will it never be completely healty again? Poor Kimmy:sad: :sad: :sad:

cynicole
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:02 PM
I hope she knows what she's doing. It sounds really bad.

joao
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Is this article saying that kim will play only Miami, Wimbledon and Tokyo this year???? Or what?????? I don't understand ..... if it's the case, Miss Clijsters'gonna lose a lot of points.....

Justinator
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:24 PM
No, it says, she will take a break of thee weeks after these three tournaments.