PDA

View Full Version : Lena is not in Key Biscayne

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Good luck Lena in Miami. I read this-

I also saw Bovina with her her Coach and it is a big difference. Bovina`s Coach, also female and from russia is much more rude and demanding.

Demand that Lena play every match like it's against Capriati.

the cat
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I hope Lena has good results immediately in her comeback from her injury. But it might take a couple of tournaments before she finds her form. GL, I want Lena playing her take no prisoners style of tennis that gives powerhouse Jennifer Capriati such a hard time. :D

Udachi Lena! :kiss: :bounce:

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:42 PM
These big fields, like Indian Wells, mean a good chance to meet a non-top 50 player in the first round.

- L i n a -
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Much more rude and demanding than Joe? :confused:

I'm afraid that's not possible.

GL and Cat, unfortunately, Lena cannot play at the level she did vs. Jen. So there's no point wishing for it.

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Can she play like Gala?

- L i n a -
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:57 PM
No... she doesn't have the crafty left-handed game that Gala does.

Lena is incapable of playing the powerful tennis that controlled most of the points against Jenny. That's all I meant.

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:04 PM
We will see. First get back on the court.

the cat
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Keep the faith, EV. I can tell you really like Lena and are passionate about her tennis. And if she stays healthy she has a chance to become a force on the WTA Tour in the future. :D And what if the Williams sisters have played their best tennis and Kim Clijsters never becomes a great player? Then there will room for Lena and other Russina's to try to make a run at the top of women's tennis. :bounce: keep thinking big. I think big for Big Masha. And why not? The worst I see Sharapova becoming is a top 10 player. But I expect much more from her in terms of being a top tennis player. If Lena can get it together and play the kind of dynamic tennis that she has shown flashes of then she will become a top tennis player. :)

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:03 AM
I think Maria is going to play well here. I think this is a good time to beat Nastya. She never plays well at IW.
I can see Maria getting to the semis, and playing Justine. And Sveta showed that Justine is beatable.

- L i n a -
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I don't like the "if" game.

There's just no positives with Lena now... I can't say "Oh, at least she's looking in better shape" or "She's working hard on her game".

Well, there may be one positive...

She's going to be Top 40 for the next 8 months, even if she's always injured and/or has terrible results. She has time to turn it around.

the cat
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:09 AM
I like the way you think, GL. Most of the time. ;) :kiss:

Atleast you're more positive now, EV. :) If Lena has that burning desire to be a top player she will become one. Her power game fits right in with today women's tennis. :)

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Injuries are a part of the tour. And Lena is out now. When she comes back, we will find out.
I want Dinara to come back in Miami also.

the cat
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Injuries are very damaging to the WTA Tour. :( And the same players seem to get injured over and over again. :sad: But I hope Lena can stay healthy the rest of 2004 and find her form. :)

Good night. :wavey:

- L i n a -
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:15 AM
No word that Lena has withdrawn yet.

Let's hope she wins a match.

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I hope she's healthy and stays healthy.

- L i n a -
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:22 AM
She's not going to stay healthy for long...

I just hope she wins a couple matches before being out again.

moo_ont
Mar 18th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Not sure if it's true, but it seems like Bovina won't play Miami. Someone posted that "Sucha replaced Bovina, March 18". I wonder what happened with her. If she gets injured, I really hope she will get well and play again soon. She hasn't played for quite a while. :(

the cat
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Poor Lena! :( :kiss:

- L i n a -
Mar 20th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Apparently, Lena's foot is still "bothering" her.

I wouldn't doubt if it's more than that.

moo_ont
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:08 AM
So, she won't play Miami for sure? Hopefully, she plays AI or at least Charleston. Come back strong Bovina.

- L i n a -
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Lena is only committed for AI...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Lena pack it in until Warsaw... or Fed Cup, which she badly wanted to play. :haha:

moo_ont
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:37 AM
I just hope she will play AI. Warsaw is like more than one month ahead. But, I don't know her condition. If she needs some break, then it's good not to play. I just would like to see her play again with some nice wins.

the cat
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM
EV, why did you put "bothering" in quotes? Do you doubt her injury?

The worst thing Lena can do when she comes back is polay alot of tennis. I hope she gradually gets back into the swing of things.

- L i n a -
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I do doubt Lena's injury...

1) Because it was first a foot contusion... then a toe problem.

2) A bruise does not take 6 weeks to heal.

3) Just in the past 6 months, she faked injuries to skip Pattaya... and the left wrist problem at Leipzig and Filderstadt seemed rather bogus.

4) Her confidence has dropped way down, and her heart isn't into tennis anymore.

I'm not upset at this layoff... Lena desperately needs it. And even she was playing now, she wasn't going to win many matches.

But, it's only positive if Lena comes back +10 pounds, at least... and has a renewed attitude about her game, and herself.

moo_ont
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:15 PM
So, do you know if she had a surgery at the end of last year? I recall Tarpischev said that after his Russia had lost FedCup.

the cat
Mar 21st, 2004, 07:41 PM
EV, how do you know Lena has faked injuries? That's a strong accusation. Lena deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And speculation isn't proof.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Lena has only 3 points to defend until June, and less than 100 to defend until San Diego.
So waiting an extra week or two doesn't matter. It's better to come back healthy.

- L i n a -
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:16 AM
EV, how do you know Lena has faked injuries? That's a strong accusation. Lena deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And speculation isn't proof.
She wasn't injured for Pattaya, and that's not speculation.

About the wrist injury in Leipzig... it just seems odd that her wrist is hurt before Filderstadt... then she reaches the SF, has the best tournament of her career, and the biggest part, she plays an exhibition match afterwards... then next week, the injury reappears. I claim shenanigans.

moo_ont
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Elena is still in the entry list as of Mar 21st., so hopefully, she will play :). We'll see this afternoon.

the cat
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Maybe Lena will play Key Biscayne. :)

It seems like you know alot about Lena and her injuries, EV. If only she would stay healthy.

moo_ont
Mar 22nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Don't see her in the draw. I wonder if she is alright. She hasn't played for more than a month. Hopefully, she will play AI.

- L i n a -
Mar 27th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Sigh...

And now Lena is probably out of Amelia Island.

Whatever.

moo_ont
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
And now Lena is probably out of Amelia Island.
I guess so. Maybe, it is not worth coming here to play just one tournament. Hope I am wrong. I think the longer she is out, the harder she finds her best form.

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Is it a toe injury? Those need a lot of time. There's no rush. As long as Lena comes back to win more majors in 2004.

moo_ont
Mar 27th, 2004, 08:08 PM
GL, do you know how long toe injuries take? Myskina also has this king of injury, so I wonder how long they need to rest and heal.

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
I know that in football toe injuries can end careers. Lena has to wait until she can put weight on the toe.
But I'm not sure what her injury is. I hope it's not a toe.

moo_ont
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks, GL. Seems like it's pretty serious. And, do you know if Myskina's injury is as serious? As I know, it's toe sprain or sth like that.

- L i n a -
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:18 PM
It's not a toe injury... it's something with her foot, supposedly.

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2004, 11:23 PM
The one positive I see is that Lena had time off before the KC, and she played very well.

Jackson.
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
So Bovina is still in doubt for Amelia Island? :sad:

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2004, 07:43 PM
When this year started I thought Lena would do what Sveta is doing. I still think when Lena comes back she will play like a top tenner.