PDA

View Full Version : where is Amanda Graham?

azza
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Was the Aussie open just a one off thing? i thought she would commit to playing atleast 1 of the Aussie challengers is she inured? or was it a one off thing? i hope it wasnt :sad:

ozfan44
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:38 AM
good question

broncosven
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:51 AM
No question she DID have talent

shame if she left now . . . did she have time off to recover from an injury and isnt she also going to school

Vicky88
Mar 12th, 2004, 01:52 PM
I thought she was going to study Physio at Uni. If that is correct she is unlikely to be playing too much this year unless she can fit it in around her breaks.

It's a pity she wasn't able to get a US college scholarship when she was a bit younger as that might have helped her tennis whilst enabling her to earn her degree.

cooldudeanzela
Mar 13th, 2004, 04:30 AM
her email is amandagrahame@hotmail.com why dont u all ask her

broncosven
Mar 13th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Why dont u ask here

besides it could be personal and not want us to know

most likely it is skool . . think i heard that in a radio show or something during Aus Open

TS
Mar 13th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Yes and I'm sure she appreciates her email being put on a public forum...not that I believe that is her email anyway.

I'm fairly certain she just played Canberra and the AO to see where she is at and to assess how far she needs to go before/if she comes back. She didn't even bother playing the 6 challengers last Oct/Nov so she came in with no form or matchplay at all...watching her match at AO qualies, she was very rusty and a little out of shape...but she does have a protected ranking of about 215 I think?? So if she does come back she can still use that for a while.

I'd say she's probably decided to continue with her studies for now, and has put tennis on hold...wouldn't be surprised if she's retired.

Vicky88
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Wasn't 2003 her first year at Uni? If that is so, I think it would be unlikely she would be foolish enough to jeopardise a year's study to go and play tennis right before her end of year exams.

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really come back as a full time player.

Postcard
Mar 13th, 2004, 07:04 AM
From memory, I think that Amanda had a persistent (foot?) injury in 2003 - which is the main reason why she played so few matches.

And I have a vague memory (but I could be getting my sports and my athletes mixed up :o ) that she might be doing several months of practical work, as part of her physio degree, in the the first part of this year.

azza
Mar 13th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Cooldudenezla :rolleyes:

kyiki2000
Mar 15th, 2004, 09:55 PM
she isn't making a comeback, the events were to test the waters, and see what the outcome was. you won't see her around much, I think she is also still in cintract with AIS anyway.

broncosven
Mar 16th, 2004, 08:34 AM
DAM!!!

he really had some talent

hopefully she will change her mind about it . . . if its true

Grachka
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Is there any update on Amanda? Anything public and confirmed?

broncosven
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I think she's gooonnneee . . . . .