PDA

View Full Version : Wow at qualifiers !!!

GoDominique
Mar 12th, 2004, 03:59 AM
They all came through. :eek: :clap2: (except Bammer who played another qualifier)

(Q) Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA) d. Rita Grande (ITA) 64 61
(Q) Marta Marrero (ESP) d. Arantxa Parra (ESP)60 76(8)
(Q) Samantha Stosur (AUS) d. Sandra Kleinova (CZE) 63 26 63
(Q) Silvija Talaja (CRO) d. Anne Kremer (LUX) 57 63 61
(Q) Shenay Perry (USA) d. Julia Vakulenko (UKR) 63 62
(Q) Alina Jidkova (RUS) d. (LL) Eva Birnerova (CZE) 62 63
(Q) Gisela Dulko (ARG) d. Klara Koukalova (CZE) 76(5) 61
(Q) Marissa Irvin (USA) d. (WC) Jamea Jackson (USA) 26 76(4) 10, Ret.
(Q) Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) d. Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) 75 62
(Q) Angelika Roesch (GER) d. (Q) Sybille Bammer (AUT) 75 63
(Q) Barbora Strycova (CZE) d. (WC) Angela Haynes (USA) 62 64

Hayato
Mar 12th, 2004, 04:02 AM
just shows that the rankings don't mean a thing.

i mean look at Neffa-de los Rios, she is ranked around 170 :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Mar 12th, 2004, 04:15 AM
just shows that the rankings don't mean a thing.

i mean look at Neffa-de los Rios, she is ranked around 170 :rolleyes:
What's wrong with Rossana's rank, except that it's sad to see her that low?

PatM04
Mar 12th, 2004, 04:40 AM
What's wrong with Rossana's rank, except that it's sad to see her that low?I think he meant that she is capable of much more.

Experimentee
Mar 12th, 2004, 02:04 PM
It is pretty good, but all the qualifiers happened to have great draws, all against winnable opponents.

Steff_forever
Mar 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
It is pretty good, but all the qualifiers happened to have great draws, all against winnable opponents. :rolleyes:

that explanation is too easy for me ...
Kleinova and Ruano-Pascual are bigger names on the Tour. And some results of the losses (e.g. Rita Grande) are horrifying/horrible for these md-payers I guess.

So good luck to all the qualifiers who made it into r2 (and that isn't only dedicated to ALG ;) ) :wavey:

pan
Mar 12th, 2004, 03:48 PM
go ALG!

Steff_forever
Mar 13th, 2004, 01:21 PM
an again 4 qualifiers through to r3, all of them oust seeded players :eek:

Talaja (Q) def. Pisnik (21) :D
Irvin (Q) def. Hantuchova (24) :crying2:
Dulko (Q) def. Sanchez Lorenzo (25) :( :(
Stosur (Q) def. Sprem (26)

somehow amazing, Experimentee ;)

Andrew.
Mar 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM
M-issa :bowdown:

Steff_forever
Mar 14th, 2004, 02:49 PM
just to bring this thread back to the top, Experimentee (til I get an answer ... ;) )

2 qualifiers, 1 wild card and even a lucky loser made it to r3 !!!
(just to be provocative)

Marta Marrero (Q) def. Cara Black 7-6(6) 6-1 :eek: (Cara a no-name ????)

Iveta Benesova (LL/Q) def. Maggie Maleeva 7-5 6-4 :eek: :eek: :eek: (what about that ???)

Barbora Strycova (Q) def. Eleni Daniilidou 3-6 6-4 6-1 (Eleni even a leser no-name for you ??? )

Sesil Karatancheva (WC) def. Magui Serna 6-4 2-6 7-5 (even a WC ranked 282 tops a top-25 player)

and please don't tell me these aren't amazing reults !
A LL or at least one Q in 4th rd in the 2nd highest Tier 1. Surprising facts for me. Not for you ? :confused: ;)

propi
Mar 14th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Vamos Marrero :bounce: maybe she's finally found her game again :bounce:

azza
Mar 14th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Stosur :worship:

Steff_forever
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:26 PM
and again ...

Gisela Dulko (Q) def. Nadia Petrova (7) 6-3 6-3

it gets somehow weird now as Gise maybe fights vs Marissa for a spot in the QF :eek:

broncosven
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Seems they are all having a top tournament

Good for them

BUT . . . some like Stosur and Strycova are gonna be HUGE !!!!

Steff_forever
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Marissa Irvin (Q) def. Gala Leon Garcia (and again a no-name ??? ) 6-1 6-3 :eek: again and again !

one qualifier in QF now !!!!

patricio
Mar 16th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Gisela beats Marissa and makes it to the QF!!! 7/6 7/6 Great Job Gise IMPRESSIVE!. Now lets give everything against Lindsay. Youve got nothing to lose!!!

spike83
Mar 16th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Gisela beats Marissa and makes it to the QF!!! 7/6 7/6 Great Job Gise IMPRESSIVE!. Now lets give everything against Lindsay. Youve got nothing to lose!!!
She will need to give everything if she doesn't want to be trashed... ;)

Because today, Lindsay sure killed Meghan :(

Jarrett
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:17 PM
just to bring this thread back to the top, Experimentee (til I get an answer ... ;) )

2 qualifiers, 1 wild card and even a lucky loser made it to r3 !!!
(just to be provocative)

Marta Marrero (Q) def. Cara Black 7-6(6) 6-1 :eek: (Cara a no-name ????)

Iveta Benesova (LL/Q) def. Maggie Maleeva 7-5 6-4 :eek: :eek: :eek: (what about that ???)

Barbora Strycova (Q) def. Eleni Daniilidou 3-6 6-4 6-1 (Eleni even a leser no-name for you ??? )

Sesil Karatancheva (WC) def. Magui Serna 6-4 2-6 7-5 (even a WC ranked 282 tops a top-25 player)

and please don't tell me these aren't amazing reults !
A LL or at least one Q in 4th rd in the 2nd highest Tier 1. Surprising facts for me. Not for you ? :confused: ;)
Marta is not a no name.
:rolleyes:

Steff_forever
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Marta is not a no name.
:rolleyes:

never said nor meant that ...
I just said they all beat bigger names ! ( :worship: )

congrats Gise for reaching the QF :bigclap:

Experimentee
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I already said in my first post it was good, what more do you want? :confused:

Truth is, in the first round all were winnable opponents. Some of them are good players, but you mentioned Rita Grande, she is in a huge slump right now. She can lose to anyone. Ruano is in a slump too, and Kleinova was never that good. I expected all the qualifiers to beat them, so it was no surprise.

That post was made after the 1st round. Some of the 2nd and 3rd rd wins were very impressive, but i wasnt talking about that in my first post.

Steff_forever
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I already said in my first post it was good, what more do you want? :confused:

Truth is, in the first round all were winnable opponents. Some of them are good players, but you mentioned Rita Grande, she is in a huge slump right now. She can lose to anyone. Ruano is in a slump too, and Kleinova was never that good. I expected all the qualifiers to beat them, so it was no surprise.

That post was made after the 1st round. Some of the 2nd and 3rd rd wins were very impressive, but i wasnt talking about that in my first post.
I just wanted to express that they didn't only fortunately win their matches against 1st rd opponents. And I guess the bigger names they beat did surely fight to get into r2. I was just a bit angry about the easiness in your words which I thought have been a bit disrepectful towards these qualifiers ('good' was not good enough for me). They gave their best. All these qualifiers have my respect (and I guess your one, too ... )

And Rita will come back to let us see some good results with her bh slice ...
sorry, no offense :hug:

Experimentee
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:06 PM
No I wasnt being disrespectful at all, some of the qualifiers are my faves. I think players who have managed to win qualifying matches are actually on a better level right now than players like Grande, Kleinova etc, so I was just trying to express that it was expected, I wasnt like "Wow" or anything. But yeah, I was :eek: at some of the 2nd and 3rd rd wins :)