PDA

View Full Version : Why is Husarova suddenly finding consistency?

Jakeev
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Janette Husarova seems to be having a grand 2002 with some very consistent results this season.

I never thought she was as good as Nagyova a better player I think who has been struggling.

So what is Janette doing different as of late? She seems to be yet another veteran finding her game on a very tough tour.

SM
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Ive only seen her play once , and that was against Majoli at aus open where she kicked butt(tho iva did help with U.E)..

I was very impressed , she didnt get overpowered by Iva at all and was actuall the one pounding away the winners , and big serves...i think she wouldve choked against Kim due to the big occassion(rod laver)!!!

but janette's definately ready to take a few steps up and regain some form...and kudos to her for finally doing so

Brian Stewart
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Perhaps she has been able to stay healthy? She had some injury problems. (I remember a particularly nasty one a few years ago.) Maybe she's finally able to put in her full schedule of practice, tournaments, etc.

CB
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:17 PM
F-I-T-N-E-S-S
that's the key word

and also..
confidence ;)

Jakeev
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Janette lost in her match today in Dubai but look forward to seeing what the rest of the year might be like for her.

rated_next
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:14 PM
someone has already mentioned it ... improved fitness and confidence ...

alessandrochus
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:18 PM
i think she also got lots of benefits by playin double so often and so well last year with her former partner Garbin

TS
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:21 AM
Steven dont remind me of that Iva match :o :fiery:

Anyway, Im happy for her, she is a pleasure to watch, and she won me over (despite beating Iva :(). A pity to see her lose so easily to Montolio yesterday, but the Top 50 is within reach!

GoSandrine
Feb 21st, 2002, 04:51 AM
Well, she certainly made me stand up and take notice beating two of my faves this year. :mad:

I've never seen Janette play but if Jerome and Terry both like her game she can't be all bad. For some odd reason I find myself rooting for players that beat my faves - probably their subsequent success make the defeats seem just a bit less painful.

In any event, I'll be following Janette's progress the rest of the year and I wish her all the best in 2002.

Just stay away from Iva and Sandrine! :fiery: ;)

Jakeev
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Another big win for Janette this time over Aranxrta today......

venusrocks
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:13 AM
practise d/a

joao
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Yeah, she beat ASV on clay!!!!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if she trashes Kournikova in the QF!!!!! GO JANETTE!!!!!!!:bounce:

Jakeev
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:48 AM
Wishful thinking Anna looks like she took her out pretty handily today.