PDA

View Full Version : Discussions on Tammy's game

New
Mar 11th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Hey guys, I know there's already a thread for cheering Tammy, but I've decided to create one just for discussing her game.

Anyway, just in case some fans still do not know, Tammy lost again to Granville, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6. But I'm very happy for her.

I hear the match live. Yes, she lost. But it was due to injury near the end of 2 hours of playing. Throughout the match Tammy did not give up and was very impressive. The commentator even said that was definitely the match of the day and could not believe that Tammy lost to Granville in straight sets in the Australian Open.

Tammy was mixing up her play(finally!!!), showing that she could do more than the backhand down the line shot. She was winning points from the inside out forehand stroke (making Laura confused as to run to cover the crosscourt forehand or inside out one as Tammy's stance was the same. The commentator called it a vicious stroke!) as well and made great returns and also a few successful dropshots! Unfortunately, her serve was the let down.

Also, there were plenty down the line accurate shots. All these proved that her form is returning and that whoever is playing against her in Nasdaq better watch it! :bounce:

Yes, she lost, but in a way that she should not feel ashamed about. I think the rest of the year would be just fine, if she keeps it up.

Work on the serves, Tammy!! Today's 8-9 double faults gave Laura the chance to break for nothing. Good luck in the next tournament!!! :yeah:

pcrtennis
Mar 11th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I have seen her on T.V. only a couple of times, but from what I have seen she seems very talented and I really like her game. She hits the ball very cleanly and flat. I actually always thought her serve was quite effective, but I can see how it might go off on her. She's got a great flat serve. I really hope she has a great year, especially on the grass as usual, and I hope she wins a tournament, mabye a larger one than the Indian Open. She is certainly more than capable!

LH2HBH
Mar 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
I have only seen her once - at the Aussie Open vs. SWilliams 0-6, 1-6. Although the score does not reflect it, I was really impressed with her play! I liked watching her rally with Serena and mix things up here and there. It was my first time I saw Tammy and I have been hoping to see her again ever since!

Rising Sun
May 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Bump