PDA

View Full Version : wtnphotos - anyone else having problems?

jacs
Mar 11th, 2004, 12:28 AM
i can't seem to access them...

alextreiber04
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:09 AM
same here

Harju.
Mar 11th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Me too.

*JR*
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:03 PM
While there's no problem with access now (for me, anyway; I presume the rest of you or there'd be more threads and posts about this) I have a theory as to what happened. Many pics appear to have been deleted, so access was probably "shut off" while the "editing" occured.

I've been openly critical of both: the "photomania" of many posters, and hypocrites like the fotog. who posted all those "warnings" B4 last year's shutdown (as they don't Pay Players royalties, but want $ like they're Picasso, etc.).

So if the board was acting prudently to avoid some new hassle like that, I say: Great! But if this is the case, An Admin. could have Said So. (And Added A cautionary sticky about whatever "Problem Pic sources"). So I say yet again to Poe & Co: "Share with us, We WANT you 2B here"!

Jakub
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:31 PM
what happened with most of the pics ??
why they dissapeared ??

VeNuS#1LoVa
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I was looking for Venus pics cuz there was like 500, now there are only 200...:sad:

*JR*
Mar 15th, 2004, 03:18 PM
My guess (I wish the Admins would "break their silence" as they seem to have DONE what made perfect sense, but they won't just come out and say it). Anyhow, you may remember the running battle that preceded the shutdown last year, when photographer(s) were posting all sorts of threats and condemnations re. their copyrights.

So perhaps Something Similar happened via e-mail without posts (This Time) from either the same and/Or Other fotog's. (I Still Say its hypocritical to claim "property rights" re. a board that's not a big commercial enterprise when they're Probably Paying the players zero for the use of their images).

But the law supports them, so the board would indeed (IF that's what happened) have been wise to remove the pics necessary. And You Young folks just gotta realize that life is NOT without comprimises that Sometimes Suck. You can always download pics for your own computers from Getty Images, etc. but must you get the board hassled by posting them???

Chance
Mar 16th, 2004, 08:03 AM
yeah all my pics have been deleted, the only pics that are there are the admins like Cobra and wtaamanda.

*JR*
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:58 AM
yeah all my pics have been deleted, the only pics that are there are the admins like Cobra and wtaamanda.
So they never asked you if you wanted the pics to stay up? :confused: I guess my theory (based on those fotog. "threat posts" last year) may need revision, as in the board wanting to market only certain Ppl's Photo's?

wtn_amanda
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Please contact us via email if you wish to discuss this issue.