PDA

View Full Version : An interview with Amelie

cro-girl
Mar 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
4 martie 2004 friday

AMELIE MAURESMO is not ready for Indian Wells, but it will begin again, in theory, in Miami.

- As one could fear it, you give up taking part in the tournament of Indian Wells which begins the next week?

- Unfortunately, yes That will be too risky. I took again the racket at the last weekend: that occurs rather well, but in intensity, I am not with hundred percent. There is no more pain, certainly, but after five weeks of stop since my wound in Australia, I cannot catch up with the time wasted in only fifteen days. I prefer not to take the risk to do anything, and to wound me again, while beginning again too early.

- you made a race against the clock to try to be ready?

- Not, I really took my time. I made echography of control regularly, in order to be sure that all would be in place for the recovery. Currently, I do not play à.fond: it is good, but it is not sufficient.

- Where envisage you to begin again, then?

- In Miami. That, it is maintained.

- How the moral one is?

- Euh... that goes! I do not worry. I want to begin again. I miss the competition, but I insist: I do not want to precipitate... even if I am impatient, obviously. Blow, which one provided, it is to add Amelia Island (April 5-12) with the program, behind Miami, therefore to connect directly on the beaten ground. There is a question mark on Charleston, according to results' obtained.

- Afterwards, it would be the FED Cup, followed from Warsaw from which you are holding, then Berlin Rome That perhaps will make much...?

- Perhaps that Warsaw could jump. In fact, we will attack in Miami, and we will adapt according to the events. I do not want to roast myself either before Roland-Garros.

- How you currently involve yourselves?

- Quietly, with regard to the rotational movements, and all that touches with the abdominal belt in front of and behind. But today, for example (yesterday), I played two hours, two hours and half: it is not too badly. For one week, I have worked at the cardiac level, I run. I am reinforced top and bottom. The pain is used to us as barometer. Since the beginning of this week, I do not feel of it any more any.

- you changed your mode of preparation: one thinks in particular of the yoga of which you made the experiment?

- Yes, but I have a little bit of evil to integrate it into my "prépa". The meetings which I made me helped well on the level of mobility, but it is necessary that one organizes oneself consequently. As of the next week, we will consider the question.

- you will take new kiné since Jerome Bianchi cannot occupy himself any more exclusively of you like last year?

- In fact, I am seeking somebody who could accompany me: one kiné, which has a training of osteopath. I carry out tests... (laughs). It is not easy to find somebody. But, there still, it is necessary that, in fifteen days, I would be organized perfectly.

- You turned in film of Mickaël Youn, the Eleven Commands, people speak to you about it much?

- Not too, just a little bit at the moment of the exit, because there was a gross promo, with extracts of the scene which I turned. It is rather funny... I did that to live a little different experiment. To please to me, and because I felt that that also pleased to them (with the members of the team of film).

- At the bottom, how you take this new wound, compared to most serious, that of the autumn 2002 (with the knee)?

- This wound arrived at worst the moment. That was really hard to accept at the beginning: large frustration in quarterfinal the Open one of Australia; and still a large blow of bludgeon behind the head when I saw that I would not play Gas of France (in Coubertin). Thereafter, I understood that it was only necessary to be patient. That had nothing to do with the wound with the knee where there had been this fear of never again rejouer. There, it acts of a muscular lesion: it is known well that it is right a question of time. Moreover, since I took again the racket, I found the moral one! "

Lapin
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks cro-girl! :D

Mariangelina
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM

Those online translators are hilarious, aren't they? :lol: :haha: You have to translate the result! But from what I can understand, it sounds like she's in good spirits and almost ready to play again. :bounce:

:angel: :inlove: :angel: :hearts: :bounce: Allez Amélie à Miami! :bounce: :hearts: :angel: :inlove: :angel:

cro-girl
Mar 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM

Those online translators are hilarious, aren't they? :lol: :haha: You have to translate the result! But from what I can understand, it sounds like she's in good spirits and almost ready to play again. :bounce:

:angel: :inlove: :angel: :hearts: :bounce: Allez Amélie à Miami! :bounce: :hearts: :angel: :inlove: :angel:
Yeah! I`ve noticed a lot of mistakes, but I didn`t want to correct them:tape: cause I wanted it to be just the way she said it :angel:
Some things were really hilarious :haha:

Caoimhe
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Cheers Itana for that.

Unvoix
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks, cro-girl! Where did you find the interview? Online? In a magazine?

cro-girl
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks, cro-girl! Where did you find the interview? Online? In a magazine?It was on France2 and I found it in written on some French site...someone has translated it from French. Their translation is a bit bad....as you can see:)