PDA

View Full Version : Lena officially has withdrawn from Indian Wells...

- L i n a -
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I knew for about a month now, but some people didn't believe me. :p

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/10/news/news3410_rx.asp

She's still hoping to play Miami.

Weighing 20 pounds like Lena does... it causes more injuries. Wow, I hope she didn't just realize that.

My favorite breaks my heart. Oh well.

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Enjoy your birthday on Wednesday. And get healthy.

- L i n a -
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Big 21 for Lena.

Maybe she can drink a drop of alcohol and be drunk out of her mind.

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Since Lena is not playing IW, she can go drinking this birthday. Just don't drive afterwards.

- L i n a -
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Maybe eat a little bit too. Haven't done that much lately.

No drinking then. Vomiting enough.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:22 AM
This can be a birthday week. Party all the time. 21. Now you're an adult forever.

- L i n a -
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Don't party too much.

She may have to find another job soon.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Lena can always coach. She once was on the pro tour.

- L i n a -
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately, Lena wasn't blessed with much smartness. Especially for tennis.

Maybe she can be a model like her sister.

Then, there can be a bunch of fluff articles for Lena like Anna and Maria get.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:38 AM
She can get a job working for Anna. Does Lena do windows?

- L i n a -
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Good idea!

She may not need a ladder.

the cat
Mar 9th, 2004, 02:02 PM
EV, you just had to mention Maria, didn't you? :mad: ;) :p Speaking of Maria, Maria stated that modelling and fashion are interests of hers that will will look at after her career is over. That staement can be found at the end of the article located at www.mariaworld.net/art8304.htm (http://www.mariaworld.net/art8304.htm). She already knows not to let modelling get in the way of her tennis career. Kudos to Masha for that. :)

Good luck to Lena in her comeback in Key Biscayne. :D And happy birthday tomorrow to Lena! :kiss: She should let her hair down and enjoy herself for a day. :bounce:

P.S. - Is Lena sister really a model?

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I read Lena's sister is a model. But she doesn't have a team of agents turning down 99% of offers coming towards her.
It's a good thing Maria has so many agents turning everything down.
It leaves time for the speedminton.

the cat
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:52 PM
You mean tennis.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:54 PM
No worries there. IMG brings out the old timers to say Maria has more talent than Seles, Graf, Williams, Hingis.
The most talent since Navratilova. These articles sound like comedy.

the cat
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Just so you know girlie, Pancho Segura is a tennis legend not some Johnny come lately. :D

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Then he should know it's hard to win 20 plus majors, like Graf. To just say Maria has more talent is goofy talk.
So is having a team of agents turning down 99% of the offers. But it's great reading.
The coolest girl who will change the world.

the cat
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM
It's just Pancho Segura's opinion about Maria's potential. That's all. But I wonder if Masha cringes when she hears unbelievably positive comments like that. :eek: :D

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I think it's Max's job to create interest.
I'm watching the third set of Nastya-Maria now. I hope they're on tv this weekend.

- L i n a -
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Lena's sister, Irina, is like a tennis clothing model... not what Anna is. I don't think she does that anymore either. She should be finishing with college soon.

GL, it's definitely Max's job to create interest... and anyone who's involved with Maria. All they see Maria for is $$$$.

I'm trying not to read any articles on Maria, because it just makes me dislike the aura around her even more. The hype she gets is literally sickening.

goldenlox
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:34 AM
I enjoy these articles. The coolest, change the world, a team of agents, and she turns down 99% of the offers. The most potential since Navratilova.
It's great stuff. And writers just accept it all as fact.

- L i n a -
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Well, the coolest thing was funny...

1) Just putting "one of the coolest girls in America" is funny... and

2) How the heck does anyone in America know who Maria is? She's only been on TV during the majors... and 2 of those times were during Wimbledon early in the morning, and Aussie Open at 3am.

goldenlox
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:38 AM
And Craig Kilborn. Harkleroad did that show also. And Ashley did Best Damn. Ashley and Maria are probably close in fame.

the cat
Mar 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Come on EV, these fluff articles on Maria shouldn't be taken seriously by a hardcore tennis fan like yourself. GL just eats up these articles on Maria like they are a tasty treat! :lick: :drool: ;) She gets a kick out of these articles. And so do I. But I don't believe the hype in these articles because I went through this with Anna Kournikova and it didn't so Anna's career any good. :(

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:34 PM
The media hype is good for the sport. It gives tennis extra coverage. So Sesil insulting Maria is actually good for the sport.
I can see Maria didn't scare these kids with her play in Bradenton.

the cat
Mar 21st, 2004, 07:44 PM
I'm sure the Bollettieri girls are intimdated by the sight of Maria Sharapova, the towering 6'1" Russina! :eek: They might think they want to have a practice match with Masha. But when they feel her tremendous power they will crumble and be humbled! :devil:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:55 AM
Lena officially has withdrawn from Indian Wells...
16 out of 26 posts in this thread are written about or mentioned Masha...