PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love WTA World (and tennis)

veryborednow
Feb 19th, 2002, 10:09 PM
I have had this amzingly bad day and after reading a certain thread I'm going to cheer myself up ...

1) The knowledge - I have learned more about tennis from this board than I could have ever attempted to find on the internet. Special mentions to ball change pls and Rollo on the "Ladies of the court thread". It's been wonderful reading about a time in tennis that I wasn't born early enough to experience, thank you :) And the Boiled Egg who's personal knowledge is scary :p

2) The People - I love reading views on certain player, events and matches that put a different point of view. Like tennis, the board brings together people from all over the world, an achievement not many sports can do. I learn cuturally about countries I'll probably never be able to afford to go to and how views do/don't change from country to country.

3) The Players - Tennis goes far beyond what it played on the court, the gossip, bitching whatever. I love reading about it even though it doesn't have any effect on what goes on, on the court. I didn't even know who Garcia the spanish golfer was until last week :p

4) The debates - Democracy revolves around debate, so does this board. Different points of view about my favourite players prevents me from seeing them through rose-coloured glass, something I have realised this week is of greater importance than I assumed. It's not healthy to ignore the negative points of a person or to ignore them, especially in real life...

5) Respect - You don't know it, but people on this board has quite a bit of influence on me. Mostly in the non-tennis thread. After reading threads about songs and albums I have found myself into Bruce Springsteen and picking up Loard of the Rings.

I learn to be nicer to people from Kisha.
I learn about tennis from The Boiled Egg
I learn to be nice to welsh people from Monica_Rules :)
I learn about the hate of Enrique from Shirely :p
I learn about asylum seekers from irma.
I learn to respect non-Jen fans from Bright Red

You allow me to have other perspectives on life, and I thank you ALL from that.

maybe i should put this in the nontennis thread, but it's here where the love is needed

Please, feel free to add what you love about WTA World, and tennis ...

Rollo
Feb 19th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Thank you too VeryBored-after reading about how nice the non-tennis section is I'll try that out more often.

To steal a line from an old movie "Tomorrow is another day" and I hope yours is a good one.:wavey:

Bright Red
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Thanks, VBN, for a wonderful thread!

I don't too often get a chance to participate in such a peaceful thread ;)

Among many other things, I've learned that silence is a powerful statement (VBN), and that humor has no limit (TeeRexx), nor does kindness (Kisha).

And I've learned how to count to ten in at least 30 different languages (you know who you are).

JCFan
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:20 AM
I enjoy your posts vbn, and I enjoy this board (most of the time). I hope it can continue be a place where everyone can share their views and respect each other in the process.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow...

BCP
Feb 20th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Hey Veryborednow:wavey: . Thank you so much for the kind owrds. I sometimes feel like I bore people in that thread, and that I am posting by myself, so i'm glad that other people read that thread.:) Please feel free to contribute any stories!

BTW I KNEW YOU WERE A WOMAN!;) :)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Thankyou for the MUCH needed positive energy VBN! :D

:bounce:

daNieLa iS cUtE
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:28 AM
and in time you will also learn that Chelsea Football Club are cr@p!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
;) ;) ;)

On a more serious note, I have to say that this forum is quite amazing. It's a pure tennis heaven, and there's none of the wind-up merchants you'll find on football boards!

:)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 20th, 2002, 08:34 AM
This is kind of dissapointing -

such a positive thread only generates 6 responses in over 100 views? :eek:

Monica_Rules
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:39 AM
OOHHHHH VBN what did you used to do to welsh people?:eek: :rolleyes:

Anyway i love this board too its such a mixture of culture and diversity that i love it everyones great in their own way and some people are just a fountain of knowledge!

Williams Rulez
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:12 PM
:kiss: Lovely thread ...

c2
Feb 20th, 2002, 06:19 PM
hey VBN, good on ya for creating this thread. I love learning about tennis too, and since we don't get a lot of tennis news here in the states, so it's the best place to find out about it.

I didn't know you were a woman! right on. ;)

Kisha
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Hey this is such a lovely thread.

and thanks to the people who mentioned me.

VBN, i wanna say, that i have really come to appreciate your humour! you always make me smile, with your responces.

Also, you have taught me to be passionate about things i believe in. You will probably ask why, so i will explain. When you were writing in that Jen thread, no matter what people say, you stood by her and didnt let anyone change your views on her. To me that is a great quality.

There are so many people who have infleunced me on this board, to many to mention, but they have made me a better person.

this is a lovely thread, and well done for making it!

p.s - mt mission is to most more in general messages cause i dont post lots in here!

Crazy Canuck
Feb 21st, 2002, 08:00 AM
bumpety bump ----- feeeelll the positive energy...